IThe sword disappearing is a glitch they are aware of and working on a fix for. That being said, it's not like the same people working on raid glitches are the same ones working on UI improvements, or the same people working on weapon balancing. They're all separate, and working on one does not take away from the other.

I can't think of a game where I've had such a different experience than what seems like everyone else playing it. I mean honestly, how often does the sword disappear? I have 1300 hours played in this game, I think I've had it happen twice.

We have had the sword disappear on us dozens of times, and not just with the same group. If it IS an issue to do with lag, then why does it not affect our team on other things within the game? Never had a sword glitch out on us from one of the summoned swordbearers on Earth/Moon.

That being said, even if it is a glitch it has been present on the normal raid since the raid first dropped 2 months ago so it should have been at least acknowledged by them. The raid is already extremely poor when compared to VoG and the least they could do is attempt to address it quicker than this. People have been complaining about it on the official forum since day one.

I think they did a really good job with the Dark Below in terms of the narrative stringing all the new missions together.

Personally, I disagree. Dark Below was a joke of a DLC. 3 poor story missions, a pointless new vendor in the tower (Eris) who's only true purpose was to offer and exchange of radiant materials. The bounties she offers are terrible and for the most part are pointless once you cap her at level 4. Sure some will argue that you can use the bounties to rank up weapons and armour still, but that does not hide the fact that they are pretty poor.

I know that PS users have an additional, and apparently great strike but we got stuck with the awful Omnigal strike and so the only redeeming feature with Dark Below is the raid, which I still think is a travesty when compared to the vastly superior VoG.

Then there was the weapon and armour wipe. Yes they have admitted it was a mistake but they never really did anything to rectify it other than say they will make sure it does not happen with HoW. Where is the PvE events? Why another Iron Banner? It looks like the Iron Banner will be a permanent monthly fixture which disappoints me and shows a complete lack of imagination from them. Hell, they didn't even add any new stuff to the IB vendor other than changing the guns. How boring is that?

I love Destiny, but the game is stagnating badly and will continue to do so unless they add something in before HoW drops in May (or later).

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said, the sword is one glitch that is not connection related, and it has been acknowledged by them.

Where and when did they acknowledge it? I didn't see anything on the Bungie site or in any weekly reports? Just asking in case there is another place I can get the most up to date details, like a dev blog or something.

I would not be so harsh on Bungie if it did not feel like they were being so transparent, and at least could be a bit more inventive with the PvE side. As I said, I love Destiny and play it daily but it's becoming very tedious and for an apparent 'MMO' it is severely lacking in new content.

They gave stuff away on the Crota raid too easily and that killed longevity for me. A PvE event would be welcomed by the entire community, but nothing in 4 months is pretty lame.

Where and when did they acknowledge it? I didn't see anything on the Bungie site or in any weekly reports? Just asking in case there is another place I can get the most up to date details, like a dev blog or something.

I would not be so harsh on Bungie if it did not feel like they were being so transparent, and at least could be a bit more inventive with the PvE side. As I said, I love Destiny and play it daily but it's becoming very tedious and for an apparent 'MMO' it is severely lacking in new content.

They gave stuff away on the Crota raid too easily and that killed longevity for me. A PvE event would be welcomed by the entire community, but nothing in 4 months is pretty lame.

Try the Twitter's of Bungie, Destiny and a few of the developers.

https://twitter.com/Bungie, https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame, https://twitter.com/DeeJ_BNG and https://twitter.com/BungieHelp are some good ones to check.

If you've played The Dark Beyond, there is a spot going into the Temple of Crota where the ground has a slight hole. It doesn't affect the average guardian, but things like Silken Codexes and Black Wax Idols will often fall through there, along with grenades. I think this is a similar thing to the Crota arena, where there could be some spacing issues between the floor and the objects which allow the sword to fall through, and since it leaves the arena, it disappears. 

Then there was the weapon and armour wipe. Yes they have admitted it was a mistake but they never really did anything to rectify it other than say they will make sure it does not happen with HoW

Would you prefer they stop making the upgrades cost something? Just update all the current weapons to 331 and be done with it? What about the people who spent loads of Exotic Shards and Glimmer and stuff on upgrading? Just refund it? The simple fact is that they do not have the power to check every weapon/armour to see whether it was dropped pre-dlc, post-dlc, has been upgraded with Exotic shards etc.

If it IS an issue to do with lag, then why does it not affect our team on other things within the game?

Where else do you see a group of 5 people trying to connect to one person, and have it run absolutely smoothly?

Try the Twitter's of Bungie, Destiny and a few of the developers.

I already follow Bungie, DestinytheGame, Deej and BungieHelp. Never seen any of them tweet out that they acknowledged the sword issue, though in fairness I do not exactly stalk their timelines so they may have tweeted out and I missed it.

If you've played The Dark Beyond, there is a spot going into the Temple of Crota where the ground has a slight hole. It doesn't affect the average guardian, but things like Silken Codexes and Black Wax Idols will often fall through there, along with grenades. I think this is a similar thing to the Crota arena, where there could be some spacing issues between the floor and the objects which allow the sword to fall through, and since it leaves the arena, it disappears. 

It is very possible that it could be a pathing issue as you say but I would have expected QA to pick up on that if that was the case. The disappearing sword is happening to a lot of people a lot of the time so if they have at least acknowledged it and plan to address it then fair enough. The raid is supposed to be the premier event and Crota has really disappointed me so far.

Would you prefer they stop making the upgrades cost something? Just update all the current weapons to 331 and be done with it? What about the people who spent loads of Exotic Shards and Glimmer and stuff on upgrading? Just refund it? The simple fact is that they do not have the power to check every weapon/armour to see whether it was dropped pre-dlc, post-dlc, has been upgraded with Exotic shards etc.

I think you misunderstood what I meant by doing something to make up for it. I was meaning maybe a new PvE event or game-mode like survival/horde mode. At the end of the day we are still doing the same strikes, same patrols, same bounties, same exotic bounties etc. It would be nice if they actually changes all the bounties or even some of them. Maybe added a few new modes for both PvE and PvP.

Where else do you see a group of 5 people trying to connect to one person, and have it run absolutely smoothly?

This is the whole premise of the raid. You cannot say that as if it's a fair excuse. If they have issues with 6 man games then they should never be forcing them in the first place. QA should pick up on things like this... especially when the game is an online only game. Lag stress testing should be a priority for games like this and that is why I do not believe the sword disappearing is a lag issue. We have had the sword runner take host and the sword still lags out.

Perhaps it is more common or only present in the current gen consoles rather than the next gen though. Not sure.

I think Destiny is in need of free feature update. I mean there has been the same bounties for months now. It can't be that hard to give new Crucible and Vanguard bounties in update. They already added some DLC exlusive DB bounties. They also could add more interesting high level VIP enemies to Explore and maybe new Public Events.

@Matuzz Agreed! They need to make sweeping changing to Destiny and soon.

1: New vanguard bounties added to the mix. Not just one or two though... they need to add at least 10 new ones.

2: New exotic bounties. I and most others have already done these bounties to death. Change them all and add new bounties that do NOT require PvP.

3: New Eris bounties. All the previous ones are pretty silly for the most part and too easy to complete.

4: New PvE game-modes. People are not going to be happy playing only strikes for the remainder of the games duration. Add horde modes or something... please!

5: New PvP game-modes. Gun game, infected, last man standing. Anything other then the same boring 4 monotonous modes.

6: New public events with new loots. People barely even touch these nowadays unless the stupid vanguard bounty requires it. Who needs more Ascendant material?

7: New Daily loot drops. Again... Ascendant materials?

8: New monthly PvE event like Queens Wrath. People are sick of the Iron Banana!

This game is, this game is, this game is ridiculously repetitive these days. Waiting for another 3 months for DLC is not going to cut it. Sure, this is just a personal opinion though, and I get that some people are happy with the way Destiny is but I see more complaints than compliments these days and even less people playing it on my friends list that before.

Yeah afer so many hours we have put in this game it's starting to get stale. I haven't been playing it that much lately. I have played some Iron Banner with my alts but I'm keeping some distance to the game and play other things. So it would feel fresh again when the DLC comes. But it just feels it's way too far a way and something needs to be done during the wait period.

That said I can't wait to see what is coming with the huge Comet update after House of Wolves. Apparently a whole new location called "hive ship". And I just hope they do the new gear update right with the new DLC this time around.

They have added a health bar to ships (at least the hive tomb ships) so hopefully they will make them destructible. Killing the guns isn't as fun as taking down the whole thing.

I'm pretty much fading in and out at the moment, get on, do raids, help friends a little (even though I never get help when I ask) then fool around with a few bounties and I'm bored.

Bloodborne might take me out of the Destiny scene for awhile unless they add some much needed new story. There is actually a lot of cool stories in Destiny if you take the time to read the cards (or look on youtube), I'm just getting tired of all the secrecy, almost no story is finished in this game and that bothers me.

They have added a health bar to ships (at least the hive tomb ships) so hopefully they will make them destructible. Killing the guns isn't as fun as taking down the whole thing.

There has actually been health bars on the ships since day one, but most of them could only be seen when aiming at the right angle. Originally the plan was for drop ships to be destroyable but it was supposedly removed due to a technical issue so they made it that only the guns were destroyable. Not sure if they plan on changing that now that they have possibly addressed whatever issues was stopping them in the first place.

There is actually a lot of cool stories in Destiny if you take the time to read the cards (or look on youtube), I'm just getting tired of all the secrecy, almost no story is finished in this game and that bothers me.

I hate the fact the decided to use the Grimoire cards for the story. What a cheap cop out to try and make them some feature that has to be accessed outside of the game for the most part to be taken in. I have found some pretty cool things out about the game through the cards but I still hate that this is how they chose to put it out.

I have heard that Bungie have brought in some new writers to improve the story in-game dramatically so fingers crossed those rumours are true.

It's definitely getting boring. I've been off for the full weekend, and previously I would have spent most of both days playing it. I spent about 5 hours on it yesterday and now I'm Destinyed out.

For me, some new bounties would change it up a bit. I'd love to see the Queen's Wrath return too , but really what's the point in doing the missions, most of us have three characters on level at least level 31, so her equipment is going to be useless (apart from weapons).

I now need the Universal remote, gjallahorn and the 4th horseman, then I have every exotic. After that, why play the game?

It is annoying though, because I love Destiny. The gameplay is brilliant, but man the story is so poor. I commented to some friends the other night about the traveller. What the hell is up with it? It's on the front of the game cover, and the most that we know at the moment is that it's a fallen godlike being, but is recovering. In it's last umph of power made the ghosts/ guardians. Just to quiz on that, if one guardian can take down Crota solo, how the hell did the traveller go down?

What would make me continue Destiny is of Bungie released a few more missions outside of the dlc. Keep it to people that have purchased the dlc.

And what the hell is up with Xur/the nightfall strikes in the last while? Omnigul 4 times since the dlc came out? No land beyond 3 times since the dlc dropped?! Give people another reason to buy the bloody dlc bungie, like more than five new missions. Also, perhaps make the missions completely different, rather than doing the same earth missions backwards.

Sorry for the rant. I love Destiny, and really want to keep playing it, but my God it's lacking in material at the moment.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

It's definitely getting boring. I've been off for the full weekend, and previously I would have spent most of both days playing it. I spent about 5 hours on it yesterday and now I'm Destinyed out.

For me, some new bounties would change it up a bit. I'd love to see the Queen's Wrath return too , but really what's the point in doing the missions, most of us have three characters on level at least level 31, so her equipment is going to be useless (apart from weapons).

I now need the Universal remote, gjallahorn and the 4th horseman, then I have every exotic. After that, why play the game?

It is annoying though, because I love Destiny. The gameplay is brilliant, but man the story is so poor. I commented to some friends the other night about the traveller. What the hell is up with it? It's on the front of the game cover, and the most that we know at the moment is that it's a fallen godlike being, but is recovering. In it's last umph of power made the ghosts/ guardians. Just to quiz on that, if one guardian can take down Crota solo, how the hell did the traveller go down?

What would make me continue Destiny is of Bungie released a few more missions outside of the dlc. Keep it to people that have purchased the dlc.

And what the hell is up with Xur/the nightfall strikes in the last while? Omnigul 4 times since the dlc came out? No land beyond 3 times since the dlc dropped?! Give people another reason to buy the bloody dlc bungie, like more than five new missions. Also, perhaps make the missions completely different, rather than doing the same earth missions backwards.

Sorry for the rant. I love Destiny, and really want to keep playing it, but my God it's lacking in material at the moment.

Amen to that!

I absolutely love Destiny and will put it on even when there is nothing to do but even the most die hard fans out there must admit it is stagnating fast. Even the raids feel pointless now I have pretty much everything and so are the nightfalls and daily/weekly events.

The game needs new content now. 3 months will simply not cut it. They can only blame themselves if numbers drop dramatically though. A stupid 2 level light increase was never going to last for 5 months and neither was the poorly made and very short Crota raid when they insisted on handing out all the raid gear and weapons in a ridiculously easy fashion.

Personally I am disappointed in Bungie for failing to support this game with free content. PvE events should be a regular feature. Even if they simply tie in with the same stupid RNG system with the same loot drops it would just be nice to play something different.

Having seen the leaks that show the HoW content I am disappointed they plan on just increasing the strikes and nightfalls again with no new modes for PvE or PvP mentioned. Where is the originality in that? There is so much more they could do with this game and if they wait till Comet to add new game-modes that will be a whole year after release. That would be tragic.

I honestly believe Bungie had to seriously cut things from Destiny because of old gen console limitations. For example originally our drop ships were supposed to spawn us in like they do on some missions.

But the game is fun, Bungie is taking feedback and learning. And when next Destiny comes to this Gen consoles only I think we are going to see a lot of improvements on various areas of the game.

I honestly believe Bungie had to seriously cut things from Destiny because of old gen console limitations. For example originally our drop ships were supposed to spawn us in like they do on some missions.

If that is the case then it is even more disappointing. Why release a game that is severely restricted on a console? They should have made it next-gen only in that case.

Hopefully that is not the case though but I could believe it to be honest. Destiny does push the 360 and PS3 to new limits.

Nice. Thunderlord is great.

I'm so happy with being able to move things from the vault through the app now. They basically gave us more vault space without actually having to make any major changes. I was able to delete at least 15 duplicate weapons that I didn't use very often and only kept around because I didn't want to take the time to move them between characters. 

Shotgun and pulse rifle buffs have been awesome too. I've been running strikes with a Universal Remote/Found Verdict combo, and it's so fun and different than how I normally play. And now Red Death absolutely wrecks in crucible. I can't wait for Inferno to come around on Tuesday. I think the stripped down mode will be more in line with my tastes.

Archived