• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, so it's a hand cannon? I am not a huge hand cannon fan myself so I think I will stick with my Ice Breaker for now.

Any other PS exclusive weapons?

Monte Carlo:

destiny-monte-carlo-screen-01-ps4-us-07j

It reduces the cooldown of your melee when you do damage with it and has chance to fully restore melee ability on kill.

Thay also added one more exclusive weapon with the DLC called The 4th Horseman:
4th-horseman-exotic-review.png?resize=66

It's Arc shotgun with extremely fast firerate and has chance to return ammo back to the mag with each kill.

Ah, so it's a hand cannon? I am not a huge hand cannon fan myself so I think I will stick with my Ice Breaker for now.

, in my opinion hawkmoon is a crucible gun. 1 shots or 2 shots people if the lucky bullets stack on each other in the current mag... 13 round mag with send it will outgun scout rifles like b line trauma or badger ccl easier. Only better crucible guns are the vex suros and truth. But in pve it's Meh. I put it on my hunter until I got him a better exotic. Timurs lash with luck in the chamber will hit harder

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

, in my opinion hawkmoon is a crucible gun. 1 shots or 2 shots people if the lucky bullets stack on each other in the current mag... 13 round mag with send it will outgun scout rifles like b line trauma or badger ccl easier. Only better crucible guns are the vex suros and truth. But in pve it's Meh. I put it on my hunter until I got him a better exotic. Timurs lash with luck in the chamber will hit harder

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk , in my opinion hawkmoon is a crucible gun. 1 shots or 2 shots people if the lucky bullets stack on each other in the current mag... 13 round mag with send it will outgun scout rifles like b line trauma or badger ccl easier. Only better crucible guns are the vex suros and truth. But in pve it's Meh. I put it on my hunter until I got him a better exotic. Timurs lash with luck in the chamber will hit harder

Monte carlo is almost identical to hard light stat wise minus stability

And the melee regen perk is great for force barrier on a titan or escape artist on a hunter

And I don't have fourth horseman so I can't speak of it.

Monte carlo is a little too OP for warlocks in my opinion, it's basically a permanent shield for them. It's good for Titans too, but a titan has to land a melee kill to get the shield, whereas a Warlock just has to hit them...from any distance they wish lol.

Here's something I'm working on, a rough sketch at the moment

10435505_880591558629484_138817846524668

To anyone who doesn't know the story of thorn. It used to be a renown Guardians pistol, called Rose. After years of being a Guardian, he was tempted by the dark to become stronger (Darth Vader ish) so eventually his thoughts grew dark and in his first day as a new being, he reached for his beloved Rose and it had only the jagged purpose of Thorns, thus this amazing weapon was born! 

Monte carlo is a little too OP for warlocks in my opinion, it's basically a permanent shield for them. It's good for Titans too, but a titan has to land a melee kill to get the shield, whereas a Warlock just has to hit them...from any distance they wish lol.

Here's something I'm working on, a rough sketch at the moment

10435505_880591558629484_138817846524668

To anyone who doesn't know the story of thorn. It used to be a renown Guardians pistol, called Rose. After years of being a Guardian, he was tempted by the dark to become stronger (Darth Vader ish) so eventually his thoughts grew dark and in his first day as a new being, he reached for his beloved Rose and it had only the jagged purpose of Thorns, thus this amazing weapon was born!

Didn't he also lose his light and kill another Guardian with it?

Yea he kills Jaren Ward, the last known person to carry the Last Word, and kills two other Guardians for starting trouble with him over Thorn, they smart mouth each other until it goes too far.

The last word is probably my favorite of the weapon lore, just because it's laced with wild west gun slinger stuff. But ever since I got my Thorn, poor Last Word has taken a back seat, it just doesn't compare in power.

Also, thanks for the compliments on the sketch, I hope to finish it this week.

Yea he kills Jaren Ward, the last known person to carry the Last Word, and kills two other Guardians for starting trouble with him over Thorn, they smart mouth each other until it goes too far.

The last word is probably my favorite of the weapon lore, just because it's laced with wild west gun slinger stuff. But ever since I got my Thorn, poor Last Word has taken a back seat, it just doesn't compare in power.

Also, thanks for the compliments on the sketch, I hope to finish it this week.

I that was it with me but with thorn. I loved the thorn game play wise. But since I got hawkmoon thorn has been sitting in my vault untouched. But thorn is still superior lore wise

I'm hitting Destiny wall. Right now there is nothing to do and next Expansion doesn't come out until May. There really isn't anything to do other than Weekly Strikes and Raid few times a week.

I hit wall with it last week, only played for one night. Best thing you can do it take a few days off and hope the will to play returns. :-)

I'm sorry, @swappingspit for the pain I've caused you. Another set of Gjallarhorns...

Got my first one on Playstation, at least. But, I've decided something. I'm going to use this luck to give you one. You heard it here first folks. Swapping will get a Giallarhorn the next time we raid together, and I'll get my Crux that he has.

To combat the boredom, what I did was start the game again. I began to lose interest around the beginning-middle of January, after collecting every Exotic. So, what I did was get the game on another platform. While that is not always an option, simply making a second account on your console will do the trick. Experience the levelling from 1-32 all over again. I did, and it kept me until here when I would have most certainly put this game down after Hard Crota.

Another easy way to do things is to find a group on DestinyLFG.net, /r/fireteams or wherever you like to go of people who haven't ever done a raid before. Explain the mechanics to them and watch them laugh and be excited about Ascendant Energy and an Epilogue or whatever. Learn the sword during the Crota encounter. DO things no Guardian has done before, like trying to get the fastest Raid time. Do a Flawless raid!

Well yeah the Flawless Raider is only trophy I'm missing. I think I'll just do the Raids and Weekly Strikes we have this same team we have been playing with. But I don't see myself right now doing any of the bounties, leveling gear or rolling normal strikes.

Zombie Army trilogy is releasing soon so I'll probably buy that.

Excited about the 1.1.1 patch coming soon, so far they just showed that we can view our faction reputation in the start menu, under where your currencies are listed. Then something about the vendors as well. I will admit it gets old doing the same thing but the fact they change so much in game makes me appreciate the game that much more.

Crota standing instantly after being hit with the sword, sword dissapearing after killing the swordbearer, crota not going down after like 6 gjallarhorns.

Agreed! Fix the broken raid boss before adding a few minor features that barely anyone asked for. Hopefully they will add fixes in the update. They may fix a thing or two but then break / lag everything else like they did with the vault of glass. Then they will try and leave this raid to rot when house of wolves releases and the rares in that will even be more powerful than a maxed vault weapon. Then the third dlc rares will be more powerful than crota gear etc

Not very happy with the Bungie bashing going on here.

They've admitted that the whole upgrading Exotics and the vendor gear being more powerful than the Raid gear was a bad choice, and that they'll be approaching it differently this time. I am sure they'll stick to their word, and find a way to make so that people who buy the expansion get what they pay for, without making obsolete the hard work we've already put in.

The lag issues with Crota come from somewhere in the way players connect to each other, and may be harder to fix than just flicking a switch. Some issues are harder to deal with than others.

"adding a feature that barely anyone requested"

Are you kidding me? This has probably been the most requested thing behind adding more Vault space! People wanted an easier way to check their faction progress without running to every vendor on every character or using the app. This is a GREAT quality of life improvement.

Crota standing instantly after being hit with the sword, sword dissapearing after killing the swordbearer, crota not going down after like 6 gjallarhorns.

Agreed! Fix the broken raid boss before adding a few minor features that barely anyone asked for. Hopefully they will add fixes in the update.

They may fix a thing or two but then break / lag everything else like they did with the vault of glass. Then they will try and leave this raid to rot when house of wolves releases and the rares in that will even be more powerful than a maxed vault weapon. Then the third dlc rares will be more powerful than crota gear etc

The entire point of the expansion having a new level cap and new gear is to upgrade upon the old stuff. The content is going to be more difficult, and then it would follow that the new gear will make the old gear less effective. That is the POINT OF AN EXPANSION

I honestly don't know how you couldn't have seen it, but from day one the biggest request was a better way to view faction rep. That and public voice chat (which no one used once they implemented it.) More vault space didn't even come up for a little while, until people realized how small it actually was.

As far as glitches in the raid(s) go, almost every single one mentioned is due to connection issues, and is not a glitch. You won't get any argument from me that the connections in Destiny are generally pretty awful, but that's different than a glitch. I get just as annoyed as anyone else when I'm trying to relic smash an oracle at the Templar and I just bounce off of it. I don't like enemies magically regening health, or oracles on Atheon doing a death animation but not being dead. It sucks walking through the portal and just coming out the other side without teleporting. All this stuff is connection issues though.

The sword disappearing is a glitch they are aware of and working on a fix for. That being said, it's not like the same people working on raid glitches are the same ones working on UI improvements, or the same people working on weapon balancing. They're all separate, and working on one does not take away from the other. 

I can't think of a game where I've had such a different experience than what seems like everyone else playing it. I mean honestly, how often does the sword disappear? I have 1300 hours played in this game, I think I've had it happen twice. I really don't think this game is as glitch filled as it's made out to be. Moving forward, I'd really like to see them working hardest on fleshing out content, and making the game feel more complete story-wise. I think they did a really good job with the Dark Below in terms of the narrative stringing all the new missions together. Hopefully the House of Wolves expansion will be even richer. The fact that they don't have a release date yet, and that the time frame they've given for it is a few months beyond what everyone expected, makes me think that they're trying pretty hard to do just that. I would assume since it was released just 3 months after the game's release that the Dark Below was mostly finished before they had a chance to respond to community criticism. Hopefully with the House of Wolves they can implement a lot more of our feedback. 

Archived