Got the exotic hand gun, it's crap. Got the exotic fusion that's also crap. I don;t know but honestly some of the rare and mostly all legendary guns seem to b e much better than exotic. It takes forever to upgrade exotic guns to utilize its full potential. I am yet to complete a raid, people simply kick me out as I don't have a active microphone at the moment. It will b like that for another week until I am fully relocated to my new place.

So far I am loving all the elemental weapon styled weapons and the fact that for most tough strikes like nightfall most enemies will only take damage if you hit them with the right weapon. Ex: Solar to witch and arc to those hive enemies from Moon. But Surprisingly I am not yet bored of this game, and it is still fresh to me. I have only been putting an hour at most in average per day every week. I have no desire of playing the new cod thankfully. If someone from cod wants to tag along, please add me for x1 console. Jay, when you getting X1 brah?

Man, shame you're not ps4. I'd have you in a heartbeat.

It's funny you say that about the exotics though, my friend and I were only saying that a few nights ago. Legendaries are the best, you can equip multiple ones, and often they're as powerful, if not more powerful than their exotic counterparts.

The only weapon that really feels exotic to me is the icebreaker. I've upgraded it to where I've got three more "more damage" slots to go, and it often does 4000-5000 damage for a "sweet spot".

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting to hit my wall.

Made a second character and now that it's higher 20s I'm back to just waiting on daily missions. Xur has been a disappointment three weeks in a row, same goes for the Raid rewards.

This might be the time I finally check out shadows of mordor, to tide me over until the next DLC.

I did read a nice article about how Bungie gave a fan a scout rifle that is a reward for the next DLC early, on the case that his therapy required him to play games like Destiny, so the company mailed him a "care package", and told him to visit the postmaster in the tower for an exclusive reward. It's a scout rifle that does solar damage, and allows you to stack multipliers from hitting enemies in the body, powering up one big head shot attack. Thought that was nice to share lol

Yeah, it's starting to wear on me as well. I always thought people were exaggerating when they said it, but my first run through the raid this week I literally got nothing but shards. Nothing else. Not even that goddamn shader. The second time, I went all the way to the end getting only shards, but got an Atheon's Epilogue from its namesake. Almost two full raids with no reward except shards. I've leveled up my factions a couple times this week as well. The first time: Mote of Light. The second: Shard. It's probably been 3 weeks since I've gotten anything that made me go, "oh wow, cool!" I have 3 characters at 29, so the only thing that's fun to do every week is the Nightfall. I'm off work on Tuesday's though, so by noon on reset day I've already run out of things to do for the week. I really enjoy the raid, but the frustration of no loot is starting to overshadow the fun.

I've even been trying to learn to enjoy PvP. It's not going well. I'd rather play Ghosts.

Xur is selling The Last Word.

Life = Complete

Does that now mean you have every exotic weapon now?

I wish!

Still need Hard Light, Plan C, Universal Remote and the Gjallarhorn.

I was really hoping Xur would sell The Skull of Dire Akhmara, No Backup Plans and Knucklehead Radar, because those are the only 3 gear pieces I don't have.

Life = Complete

I wish!

I was really hoping Xur would sell The Skull of Dire Akhmara, No Backup Plans and Knucklehead Radar, because those are the only 3 gear pieces I don't have.

That's what I love about Destiny, there's still weapons I've never even heard of. (hard light)

I also haven't forgotten about the gaming share thing man, it's just it doesn't seem to work on my internet. Next time I'm up in Dublin, I'll give you a holler.

Life = Complete

I wish!

I just got that warlock helm from Xur this week. I think it's my favorite. 

With Iron Banner dropping level 30 pants it's looking like my warlock is going to be my first 30 character unless the raid is good to me next week. Which is ridiculous, because I have almost 18 days played on my hunter, and only 3 on my warlock.

Did the raid on both characters this week, both got chatterwhite shader.

I did get one raid gear for my titan though so I can have two 29s finally, might start the Hunter soon :/

Also having way too much fun with the universal remote, having a primary and secondary shotgun is great, a total of 11 shots between the two so if I don't have time to reload I just switch and keep laying waste. I'm noticing the huge difference in leveing exotic to legendary items though, I've used 6 shotgun telemetry's and only leveled it twice, but when I leveled the raid shotgun it seemed to blow by. 

Also was having a bite to eat last night, and happened to be chilling by Xur, I heard him talk about a dark mirror version of the traveler and it got me thinking about some cool theories. Also found out you can sneak up on the speaker and listen to him talk to the traveler, he says some pretty interesting stuff for anyone into finding more on the story. I ran through all my grimoir cards, and found lots of cool backstory, especially about the NPCs at the tower.

Anyone down for some Vault of Glass easter egg hunting this week?

I won't say much, and it might have already been found but I discovered two huge room in the vault I've never seen anyone talk about. I glitched to get inside the vault so without opening the door, you don't get to see any chests or bosses, I could have very well found the next chest spot though, let's have a look!

How many guns have you maxed out at 300 damage so far?

I have:

Grim Citizen III

Timur's Lash

Vision of Confulence

The Supremacy

Red Deth

Gjallahorn

Invective

I'm now saving my energies for the DLC weapons. Altough there seems to be new materials needed to upgrade at least some of them.

I maxed out my chatterwhite lol

I cant remember all but gjallahorn, universal remote, and suros regime are the only exotics I've maxed.

Vision of confluence, final verdict, the raid LMG that does bonus oracle dmg, devil you know, final boss, and a fusion rifle I cant remember.

Good to see others leveling up the same weapon multiple times, it's assuring to me as I felt a little foolish working on 3 vision of confluence, final verdict and atheon epilogue, just sucks swapping weapons between my toons.

I'm still looking for people to find the other chests with, I cant hold the 3 sync plates by myself so I'm forced to glitch through the door, negating all chests and enemies. ps4 PunchOut85

Maxed out quite a bit. Only gun I really want now is the Gjallahorn.

Atheon's Epilogue x2

Vex Mythoclast

77 Wizard

Fatebringer

Light/Beware

Praedyth's Revenge

Prestive IV

Hezen Vengence

Corrective Measure

Vison of Confluence

Hide and Seek

Ice Breaker
Suros Regime

The Last Word

Patience and Time

The thing about Destiny that is poor though is when you hit level 30 and it feels pointless playing. I have 2 level 30 characters and feel there is no point in playing the game any longer until DLC drops. Sure I could spend time ranking up some weapons but I already have half a vault full of fully upgraded weapons and then there is the ones on my two characters.

There should never have been a level cap. It ruins a fine game in my opinion and the leveling up system could have worked very well. Instead we have a large group of level 30's running around, and literally thousands upon thousands of level 29's. There is little to differentiate people in the game because of the stupid capping. It is a serious game breaker in my opinion and one of the reason I would have no hesitation in turning my back on the game should AW zombies be any good.

I doubt it will though, and at least DLC is due in 12 days for Destiny so I can grind my way up a whole 2 more levels! Yay...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/12/03/stare-into-the-dark-below-new-details-on-the-destiny-expansion.aspx?utm_content=buffer08682&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Dark-Below-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12442

All hell is breaking loose with this announcement. I'm trying to keep an open mind but I gotta say I'm frustrated that time spent upgrading exotics will be erased if I want to continue upgrading them. They've said that upgrades will come much faster, so hopefully that's the case. 

I'm trying to look at it from the angle of prestiging in Call of Duty. I would always prestige because it gives you new challenges, and there was essentially no reward for doing that. In this case, you will be rewarded with a weapon that can do more damage than before. I've seen that the base attack stat for new exotics will be 302, so if that is the case then the weapon will already do higher damage when it gets upgraded and reset than it did before.

What remains to be seen is how often weapons and armor will be available to upgrade. In the Bungie blog post there is a photo of Xur's inventory:

xur_upgrades.jpg

6 armor pieces and 6 weapons per week will be available to upgrade. If there is a consistent rotation, this would be fine. However, if it behaves the same way the rest of Xur's inventory does, as well as the rest of the game, we could be looking at having to wait several weeks, even months, to upgrade something specific. That would be the worst part of all of this in my opinion. 

Archived