• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

29 Warlock, usually on the Sunsinger class but I prefer Voidwalker for pvp.

I only need two pieces of raid gear to complete my set, but I really only need one more to hit 30. I am up to 9 exotic weapons and 3 exotic armors and have maxed out all but a few weapons, and the new chest piece Xur was peddling this week.

I also started a Titan, which will probably be my main PVP class because they dominate the crucible. She is lvl 8 right now but I have some exotics and legends put up for when she is 20.

And to anyone who hasn't been reading their grimoir cards, you should be. Lots of lore in there and once you get past the mediocre writing, you can piece together a lot of cool stories.

Always down to help any level do any mission on ps4- PunchOut85    or go join warriors of Raid [R4ID] we do runs all the time.

I have a 28 Warlock, I use Sunsinger for PvE and Voidwalker for PvP, although that may change with the new chest piece from Xur spawning me in with full grenades each life. Gift of the sun means I can get 2 grenades ready each and every life.

I also have a 10 hunter that I'm starting to work at. Playing Bladedancer right now, I'm not completely sure how I feel about it.

I have a 28 Warlock, I use Sunsinger for PvE and Voidwalker for PvP, although that may change with the new chest piece from Xur spawning me in with full grenades each life. Gift of the sun means I can get 2 grenades ready each and every life.

I also have a 10 hunter that I'm starting to work at. Playing Bladedancer right now, I'm not completely sure how I feel about it.

Blade dancer is absolutely epic, if used the right way. The super is pretty crap to be honest, it's so close quarters that in pve it's pretty much insta-death.

But the invisibility thing is awesome. You become the team medic. I'd call it more of a support class than anything, but it's gotten us through a lot of nightfalls at this point now.

Here's my video soloing this week's Nightfall on the Nexus strike. The boss fight begins at 12:20. Up until that point is pretty straightforward. Use void weapons and take your time. If you have Atheon's Epilogue, you're already ahead of the game, because it tears through mobs. I used that, along with Praedyth's Revenge and the Truth rocket launcher. All void weapons. The shanks in the three-wave have solar sheilds, but two shots from a void sniper will kill them. The harpies further on have arc sheilds, but again two shots from a void sniper will kill them. There are many different spots to hide for the Nexus fight, but the one I used is the easiest to get to, and gave me a lot of time to shoot at him. Watch out for the boss's attack, minotaur cannons and hobgoblin grenades, they are all void damage. Other than that, just be patient and stay in cover. I think this strike is significantly easier than the Summoning Pits.

Even with a second charcter now, I hope Bungie has some plans to release or unlock more content soon.

Apart from the hard mode on the raid, I now only have daily and weekly events pulling me forward, and that shouldn't be right. I haven't sunk an abnormal amount of time into the game, and it's only been about two months.

The PvP isn't compelling enough to stand alone for me, and the coop is barely compelling enough, even though the bread and butter, the strikes, there are only 5 of them, (6 for PS4 users).

Now with SUROS Regime, and Invective, there aren't really any Exotic weapons I'm looking forward to either.

I am just missing my raid boots and I can hit lvl 30 with my hunter. Disappointed not to get them yesterday so stuck on lvl 29 for the time being.

On a side note, have you guys read up on the December DLC? They are looking for £20/$30 for it!? (nearly the same price as 2 CoD DLC's) That wouldn't be so bad if they at least give us a ton of new stuff, but from what I gather it only gives us new missions and a raid on the Moon!?! Also, from what I can tell most of these missions are already on the disc and just need to be unlocked.

http://www.totalxbox.com/82314/destinys-the-dark-below-dlc-gets-xbox-one-release-on-9th-december/

I hope I am wrong about the DLC and it's contents but it seems like a hell of a lot of money for so little in return. Also, a lvl cap at 32!? Why so low?

@DeathBringerZen I saw the DLC and am equally dissatisfied. So glad I didn't buy the season pass.

Yet again playstation gets their own content. We both pay the same price, yet they get more. I just wish developers wouldn't have to resort to such tactics. As of December Xbox will have 6 strikes, playstation will have 8. The exclusivity lasts until Fall of 2015, so xbox players will not get any of the ps content until a year from now (and that's IF it is released) - also, they'll probably charge a micro transaction for it.

This game was great, but after you've done everything, made your way to 29,30, it seems there is a steep drop off in "things to do that are actually engaging". Couple this with weak expensive DLC and yeah, I won't be touching that.

@GRILL Feeling the same way mate. Right now I am stuck on lvl 29 and have no chance of getting my raid boots I need till next Tuesday again, and even then that is no guarantee. Limiting my chances of getting them to only the one raid is a joke if you ask me and encourages cheating to get them via the creating of multiple "same class" characters.

Now that I am stuck on lvl 29, the game has left me with little to do that I would consider worthwhile. I can do bounties and strikes but they seem pointless and don't really contribute to anything other than allowing me to stock up on my already high count of shards and energies. All I am pretty much doing now is playing in order to obtain new weapons and to then rank them up.

This game had so much promise yet the recent announcement of DLC contents has left me feeling very deflated and already on the look out for a new long term title to get my teeth into.

The next Iron Banner event will feature gear you can use to reach level 30 which is good news for PvP players and those (like myself) who can't get that last bit of armor. 

Limiting my chances of getting them to only the one raid is a joke if you ask me and encourages cheating to get them via the creating of multiple "same class" characters.

Bungie has made it pretty clear that they didn't want people to reach level 30 in 3 weeks. That's why the raid gear is so hard to come by, and why the level cap is only being increased by 2. Which would be fine if it wasn't completely random and allowed some people to get to 30 with minimal effort.

I do think it's borderline criminal that I am paying for a strike I don't get to play for "at least a year," which may as well mean never. It's one thing for a game to ship with an added bonus for a specific console, or a timed exclusive of a few months. It's another for the game that's already starved for content to hold back 25% of the existing strikes indefinitely, while paying the same price.

That being said, I bought the season pass and I'm looking forward to this DLC release. I'm holding out hope that this addition will add something significant to the story, and that the new raid will be as fun and awesome as the last.

I am just missing my raid boots and I can hit lvl 30 with my hunter. Disappointed not to get them yesterday so stuck on lvl 29 for the time being.

On a side note, have you guys read up on the December DLC? They are looking for £20/$30 for it!? (nearly the same price as 2 CoD DLC's) That wouldn't be so bad if they at least give us a ton of new stuff, but from what I gather it only gives us new missions and a raid on the Moon!?! Also, from what I can tell most of these missions are already on the disc and just need to be unlocked.

http://www.totalxbox.com/82314/destinys-the-dark-below-dlc-gets-xbox-one-release-on-9th-december/

I hope I am wrong about the DLC and it's contents but it seems like a hell of a lot of money for so little in return. Also, a lvl cap at 32!? Why so low?

It's 20 I thought not 30 us dollars

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

The next Iron Banner event will feature gear you can use to reach level 30 which is good news for PvP players and those (like myself) who can't get that last bit of armor.

Limiting my chances of getting them to only the one raid is a joke if you ask me and encourages cheating to get them via the creating of multiple "same class" characters.

Bungie has made it pretty clear that they didn't want people to reach level 30 in 3 weeks. That's why the raid gear is so hard to come by, and why the level cap is only being increased by 2. Which would be fine if it wasn't completely random and allowed some people to get to 30 with minimal effort.

I do think it's borderline criminal that I am paying for a strike I don't get to play for "at least a year," which may as well mean never. It's one thing for a game to ship with an added bonus for a specific console, or a timed exclusive of a few months. It's another for the game that's already starved for content to hold back 25% of the existing strikes indefinitely, while paying the same price.

That being said, I bought the season pass and I'm looking forward to this DLC release. I'm holding out hope that this addition will add something significant to the story, and that the new raid will be as fun and awesome as the last. Did not see that they are bringing Iron Banner armour in to be that high in light. That is good.

I also get why they are only increasing the level cap by two. Play the nightfall on 26, then play it on 28, the difference is massive, guns do more damage, and you can take way more hits. At level 32 the nightfall will be like doing a level 22 strike, any higher would be crazy.

I'm a PS4 player, but even I don't think it's fair that the exclusivity lasts for a year. It's mental really. A month fair enough, but a year!!?

That is no good to me seeing as I don't play PvP and did not buy the game for that purpose, so I am still going to be stuck waiting on a weekly basis in the hope I can get these boots or I wait until I pay a whopping £20 in order to get access to a measly addition of just ONE more raid in order to increase my chances of obtaining the stuff I need. Terrible.

My problem with this whole level cap nonsense is simple. As it stands the only real objective of the game is to rank up. Now that I am stuck on 29 with absolutely zero chance of possibly upgrading till next Tuesday the game seems utterly pointless. I can do strikes, public events and the likes but what is the point of it all? To level up weapons? That sounds pretty garbage to me. There should have never been a level cap so low. This is where Bungie have failed this game and it will ultimately be it's downfall.

That being said, I bought the season pass and I'm looking forward to this DLC release. I'm holding out hope that this addition will add something significant to the story, and that the new raid will be as fun and awesome as the last.

Does the price of the DLC vs contents not bother you at all? I mean, they seem to be just adding additional missions on the Moon. I was hoping for a lot more for the amount they are asking and am hoping that there is a lot more than what it looks like it will feature from the offset.

It's 20 I thought not 30 us dollar

It's £20 in the UK which converts to $30. If it is only $20 to buy stateside then we are getting seriously ripped off over here.

It's 20$ stateside. At least I'm pretty sure.

Our expansion pass was 35$ I think.

I'm on the fence with this.

I haven't seen anything about another exclusive ps4 strike, maybe I need to keep digging, and from what I heard the one exclusive strike will be available for the other editions next year, I assume after, with, or right before the second DLC drops.

The crucible maps are a bummer. Unless they also seriously vamp up the whole PvP aspect of the game, that seems like wasted time.

One strike, and one raid. That's cool, but it is so minimal.

I would have expected there to be more than 5 (or 6 for Ps4) strikes on launch, and definitely more than one raid.

This is the main component of PvE Co-op. There should be more to it. Even if it just a system which mixes and matches some objectives in to change up the strikes a little.

I mean, I am an avid Diablo 3 player, and while it isn't the exactly same type of game, the goal is close. It is a loot grinding co-op action rpg.

Diablo 3 has in Reaper of Souls, the only expansion (at least thus far) the edition of randomized missions which appear all over the long, although somewhat corny, campaign which award you by giving access to super dungeons with a few randomized objectives and then an ending ramdomized enemy usually blown up to 3x the normal sieze and given multiple buffs to serve as a boss. Which of course on death produces a fountain of loot.

Destiny has nothing even close to as compelling.

I think simply making some randomized objectives, maybe even randomized strikes crafted out of the many story missions by say chaining any three on the same planet together and then buffing the shit out of the last boss they can pretty much exponentially increase content and replay value.

Likewise, coming from the creators of Halo, I'm surprised the visual customization is so limited, along with the ridiculously limited PvP. 4 modes, with two more that cycle in and a special event mode.

Halo Reach had a brand new community mode every week or two.

The challenges, at least the weekly ones we always interesting and actually balanced and challenging.

Not just: Do this strike with super enemies.

And where the hell is a horde/survival mode?

They knew firefight was a big deal in Reach.

There is so much potential for them to have survival type modes. Maybe not time/wave based like zombies, but something a few objectives like Reach or ME3. I mean I think about how cool it'd be everytime I play Dark Beyond and the door opens after the dead guardian cutscene and some 20 thrall come pouring out of the door.

It would be a pretty easy thing to implement I'd think.

Hell to save space they could even put it in an arena in the Reef wherre you have to survive against hordes of enemies for the Queen's amusement.

Content-wise this game and it's DLC are very disappointing. Definitely in quantity, and here and there with quality.

The story and whole grimoire system was a bad idea. I don't care if it is an MMO and deserves different treatment, it's still bad.

The low level cap is bad for longevity (maybe good for approachability) and the required grind for the last 10 levels (especially the last 4) is just ridiculous.

Most of the exotics are disappointing.

Only like two pieces of exotic armor actually seem to have really cool unique effects (Helm of Saint 14, and helm of innermost light in my opinion). Only a few of the exotic weapons have cool effects, and then they all lose to the SUROS and the Mythoclast because of the inefficiency of NOT using an exotic primary.

The only reason I still play it is because the one thing I think they did right, is the base gameplay mechanics.

The raw gameplay is fun. There just is nothing to actually do.

And the game isn't set up like GTAO where nothing to do means you can do anything.

No, nothing to do on Destiny is: "I guess I'll play Tiger strikes. The same five. 6 levels below the cap. Over and over. For engrams that won't actually give me anything." or "I guess I'll play crucible. The same 4/5 modes. Where my gear and stats mean nothing. On the same 6-8ish maps. Over and over. To get engrams which won't actually give me anything."

It really sucks. The gameplay is so good, but the content is so lacking that you come on each day to do this barely motivating daily missions or weekly mission, just because you want some weak reason to play.

It really sucks. The gameplay is so good, but the content is so lacking that you come on each day to do this barely motivating daily missions or weekly mission, just because you want some weak reason to play.

This sums it up perfectly. It is one of the best games to play and just feels right, but the content is so lacking. I seriously would have expected the addition of several new strikes. Definitely at least the same number as what we currently have again. Adding one more is a joke! We will be bored of it within 2 days.

I also can't believe we are only getting one more raid. With a pricy DLC drop I would be expecting maybe 6 new strikes and 2 raids. How do they expect people to stay motivated for another few months till DLC 2 drops with just one strike and one raid? It only took me a few weeks to get bored with the 5 strikes we currently have and same with the VoG.

I am so disappointed in the direction Bungie have taken this game so far. I enjoy playing it so much but have lost most of my motivation. I will struggle to just get through to DLC 1 at this rate.

Exactly. If I get this DLC (which I probably will just because it is fun, and I don't have any other big games right now), it'll be fun for the first week, with the new missions and strike.

Then I'll be content for maybe another two weeks doing bounties and weekly missions on the new strike and new missions and trying to throw together a team for the new raid.

Then three weeks later at most I'll weakly try to justify playing by hunting for the new exotics, but I'll quickly decide that it won't happen, and they probably aren't going to make me switch out of SUROS, Invective, or Heart of Praxic Fire (I don't remember the exact name. Sunsinger super chest piece.)

So, now that the game has been out for a decent (nearly 2 months) while, what level/class are all your characters?

I have a 30 Warlock, 30 Hunter and a 27 Titan.

21 Warlock

thats it lol.

Game is a little too grindy and tedious for me.  Borderlands the pre sequel has most of my attention now.  ;)

Archived