Everyone rejoice! This week's Nightfall is the easiest one. I soloed it in about 15-20 minutes. Didn't even have to use an ammo synthesis. Get it done now so you can have a week's worth of bonus XP.

Got Crazy JuJu, Not what I was hoping for, the gun is good but it has v small clip. Hope I can upgraded it to extended mag.

Yeah, Bad Juju is pretty bad. I find the green mist animation really distracting too. There is supposed to be a buff coming for it soon, so we'll see how that goes. As it is, I prefer Red Death. 

I still need to dismantle 2 more Rare or higher fusion rifles, it's been almost 3 weeks and I've only found 8! I don't suppose there is an easy way to get a blue fusion rifle? I check the weapon smith all the time but the rares he has for sale are shotguns and handcannons.

He was selling them last night at 7 PM EST. Keep an eye out 3 days from now at that same time, there seems to be a pattern. Otherwise, just run Tiger strikes for the engram rewards. 

--

I did the raid last night as a 26 Warlock. I forgot how hard it is when you're a low level. I got 2 sets of raid gloves. Very happy about the first pair, the second not so much. I got a solar damage rocket launcher as well, after buying one for 150 marks earlier in the day. 

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question for @naitrax. How is your cryptarch level so high? How are you getting so many engrams?!?

Oh, and as a tip for anyone who has several characters: you can swap strange coins/ascendant energy and shards/motes of light between characters using the vault. It can be quite handy to get 18 strange coins a week just from doing the level 28 heroic strike.

Question for @naitrax. How is your cryptarch level so high? How are you getting so many engrams?!?

Oh, and as a tip for anyone who has several characters: you can swap strange coins/ascendant energy and shards/motes of light between characters using the vault. It can be quite handy to get 18 strange coins a week just from doing the level 28 heroic strike.

ahhhhh  dang great info!  thanks!

I just did a lot of Vangaurd Tiger strikes after the Engram patch, and ran my own farming routes involving running from zone to zone in Patrol killing everything.

Dailies and Weeklies are your friends too.

Nightfall bonus provides an extra 20% XP for that, so it begins to stack fairly quick.

So i just got my first exotic bounty i have a choice of, Tolands legacy, A voice in the wilderness and shattered memory fragment. Has anyone done any of them? Whats th best gun from the 3? Dont really want to get stuck with one i thats not to great

Shattered memory fragment is probably the best one to go for.

Anyone else have the Hawkmoon?

Got it as a reward for doing the nightfall strike, but went to bed shortly afterwards. How effective is luck in the chamber?

So i just got my first exotic bounty i have a choice of, Tolands legacy, A voice in the wilderness and shattered memory fragment. Has anyone done any of them? Whats th best gun from the 3? Dont really want to get stuck with one i thats not to great

Shattered memory fragment is probably the best one to go for.

Anyone else have the Hawkmoon?

Got it as a reward for doing the nightfall strike, but went to bed shortly afterwards. How effective is luck in the chamber?

Thorn and Bad Juju are getting a buff here in a few weeks, so I'd go for one of them since Pocket Infinity just got nerfed. 

Hahahaha...

For my last 6 Nightfalls, these were my rewards:

2x The Swarm (Legendary LMG, Solar variant [already had 2])

Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter Exotic Chestpiece)

3x 6 Ascendant Shards

RNGesus hates me.

How is the Hawkmoon? It's PS exclusive (like the Dust Palace strike) so I won't be testing it out any time soon.

Finally hit level 28, but now need to find roughly 100+ helium filaments in order to get to 29. Oh, and not forgetting the 36 ascendant shards to go with them. The grind is real.

Also, why is it that I have done VoG twice now and got trash rewards? All that work for next to nothing is a bit shit if you ask me. Still, I love the game so I can forgive it's flaws. lol

Yes, I am also grinding for shattered gun. Dismantled only 1 rare blue fusion rifle so far.  Gunsmith gives me shit. I am level 27. Cryptarch doesn't give a shit either. Heroic strikes are pretty tough. I tried Tiger and i keep getting motes of light and strange coins. I almost have 30 coins now. Not what I need. Hopefully Xur can hook me up with a good gun.

Hey guys can any just help me out in general? I'm level 19 and just want help getting better gear and possibly legendary maybe from crucible marks so I can get past 20 with the light levels. So far I have like 349 defense or something around there and just want a good team to help with stuff

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

Hey guys can any just help me out in general? I'm level 19 and just want help getting better gear and possibly legendary maybe from crucible marks so I can get past 20 with the light levels. So far I have like 349 defense or something around there and just want a good team to help with stuff

What platform are you on?

What platform are you on? Ps3

Hahahaha...

For my last 6 Nightfalls, these were my rewards:

2x The Swarm (Legendary LMG, Solar variant [already had 2])

Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter Exotic Chestpiece)

3x 6 Ascendant Shards

RNGesus hates me.

I got the same legendary shotgun for BOTH characters from the Nightfall this week. A shotgun that I already had. 

I feel like I'm always in the weeds for exotic bounties. I've done every single one once, two more for a second time, and I have two active right now. I'm at the point where I may just start abandoning them. Woe is me, right?

Finished Vault of Glass on normal, got a full auto shotgun, and a full auto scout rifle, so far they are both amazing.

I just have to say once you get a half way intelligent team, this mission is a breeze, we only messed up a few times, mostly because of the gorgon stare thing...but I can't wait to try it on hard, I'm sure it's a whole different ballgame then.

Just a random tid bit I found on my own, the purple ball you can play with in the tower, you can jump off of it. Just once I did a triple jump where I almost stayed on the ball while jumping, if that could be replicated you could get really high in the air and perhaps see locked areas ^.^

I also capped my glimmer out at 25 thousand but I'm most people knew that already.

That is correct, the Original Flavor planet strikes and the Vanguard playlist strikes all have matchmaking. Don't be discouraged @Onecooldude123 , the Archon Priest strike is by far the hardest. Just find cover and take your time.

O actually beat it with my friend who found an area herein chase you and trap you at. But I just tried the weekly.. Got my butt handed to me on a silver platter.. Guess 527 isn't enough defense

And what makes you believe these random people who can't communicate are good?

what makes you believe they aren't good?

Besides, as long as you are at least the same level as the playlist, it doesn't matter if you communicate really. The standard strikes in the playlists aren't all that difficult if you remember to find and hold good cover, and always have an idea where to run if you get swarmed.

Only the nightfall and raid require communication.

The weekly strike kind of does, only because the system forces you to manually find teammates.

Archived