help! how do i do the queen stuff? the reef is empty for me and i am anoob

The Queen's Wrath is a series of bounties which reward you with Queen's Favour, Queen's Wrath (tokens) and experience. Queen's Favour is like a rank to do with the Queen's Emissary, who is on the Traveller's Walk (the area behind the Bounty Board). Form her, you can buy exclusive weapons, shaders, emblems and class items.

The Queen's Wrath tokens unlock a special bubble above the Daily/Weekly/Nightfall things while viewing the level select screen (the icons on the far left) where you play a level 24 version of a specific set of missions, which rewards you with either a Legendary helm, a legendary chest armour or a legendary sniper. There is also apparently a chance for a legendary ship, though I have never seen one personally. 

i found the bounties and everything, but they say to kill so and so fallen in the reef, and when i go to the reef there are no missions to select

There's nothing there about killing Fallen in the Reef...

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

help! how do i do the queen stuff? the reef is empty for me and i am anoob

The Queen's Wrath is a series of bounties which reward you with Queen's Favour, Queen's Wrath (tokens) and experience. Queen's Favour is like a rank to do with the Queen's Emissary, who is on the Traveller's Walk (the area behind the Bounty Board). Form her, you can buy exclusive weapons, shaders, emblems and class items.

The Queen's Wrath tokens unlock a special bubble above the Daily/Weekly/Nightfall things while viewing the level select screen (the icons on the far left) where you play a level 24 version of a specific set of missions, which rewards you with either a Legendary helm, a legendary chest armour or a legendary sniper. There is also apparently a chance for a legendary ship, though I have never seen one personally. 

i found the bounties and everything, but they say to kill so and so fallen in the reef, and when i go to the reef there are no missions to select

There's nothing there about killing Fallen in the Reef...

I guess i misread/misinterpreted what was on the bounty.   disregard my question, im just too noobtastic at this game lol

The short story "The Last Question" by Isaac Asimov has a few parallels to Destiny's story. I imagine it was an influence in the writing process. Worth a read.

I can't remember if this was already posted, but http://db.destinytracker.com/grimoire has all the Grimoire cards in a much easier to read format than the Bungie site. They're such an afterthought in-game, and I keep forgetting there's some good stuff to be found in there, especially if you wish there was more to the story.

I'm now on lvl 29 cap with fully upgraded exotic and legendary armor. To get to lvl 30 I need Raid gear which is pretty hard to get because organizing Raid is not an easy task. I have only Raid gauntlets so far.

Can you equip multiple raid gear? Or is it like exotic gear?

You can equip multiple ones. Each of the legendary Raid gear cap at 30 light just like the exotics. So you can get to lvl 30 by having 1 exotic and 3 raid armors or just 4 raid armors.

Yea they can produce items of the same color, or higher.

Did my first raid last night, close to two hours and we couldn't beat the first boss...I was actually surprised though, at the level of commitment in the raid, as I only knew one other person so the other four never quit even after getting beat down to nothing for hours lol

I did get some legendary boots, so is that raid gear? It started on the usual +18 light but it's defense caps out a lot higher than my other legends, Treads of something I can't remember I'm at work.

Guess I could get that app that lets me look at the character, down side to this app....if your boss plays he can see how many hours you've put in lol

I just beat the Raid on Hard for the 3rd time, and I got almost everything I've ever wanted in one run.

I received a couple of mats, the Legendary Sparrow, the Timebreaker and the Vex Mythoclast, the absolute best weapon in the game currently. I will be going back in on my main and my alt to complete the Templar tonight, and hopefully will grab the last pieces of Raid gear to complete my set tonight.

Hell yeah.

@swappingspit

Next time you're on, can you help my alt through the Nightfall?

Found out the cap on Glimmer is 25,000. I started stacking my items that transmute to glimmer until I start spending money again.

Grabbed the exotic weapon from Xur this week, big let down to see the Warlock gauntlets from two weeks ago again :/

Grats to @Naitrax on the gears. Also there is an achievement/trophy for completing the raid on hard with members of the same clan in case you're interested and didn't know.

I'm still stuck on that stupid boss with the Oracles, it's only stupid because I can't beat it....it's actually a really cool fight lol.

I'm still stuck on that stupid boss with the Oracles, it's only stupid because I can't beat it....it's actually a really cool fight lol.

There is a ledge that you can get out to, where none of the smaller guys will attack you.  Makes the fight much easier, but obviously it takes much longer (takes roughly 30 minutes).  The hardest part is when that Templar goes into enrage mode, he'll just keep pummeling you and getting oracles to spawn.  You gotta make sure whoever has the relic knows what they are doing.

DBZ, I'm also looking for raid partners. I've got one gaming partner for destiny already. We're both mid 26, full legendary gear with exotics (he only has a helmet, I have helmet and pulse rifle). I play Sunsinger, he plays Defender. If anyone else on here also plays this on 360, they should speak up.

DBZ, I'm also looking for raid partners. I've got one gaming partner for destiny already. We're both mid 26, full legendary gear with exotics (he only has a helmet, I have helmet and pulse rifle). I play Sunsinger, he plays Defender. If anyone else on here also plays this on 360, they should speak up.

I will shoot you a request then Mega. I have 4 fairly regular players I  an pull in so with you and your friend we should be able to get this one out the way. Tried it twice and it wasn't too bad.

On another topic, do you (or anyone else) know what 'getting 500 kills/points in the crucable using void energy' means? Do I need a gun with void energy? I heard that was the case but being a bit of a noob still, I wasn't aware. Tend to scrap all the gear I get that is below my current loadout, so if I had any void weapons, I would have scrapped them.

Need the crucable 500 to unlock my exotic weapon.

I will shoot you a request then Mega. I have 4 fairly regular players I  an pull in so with you and your friend we should be able to get this one out the way. Tried it twice and it wasn't too bad.

On another topic, do you (or anyone else) know what 'getting 500 kills/points in the crucable using void energy' means? Do I need a gun with void energy? I heard that was the case but being a bit of a noob still, I wasn't aware. Tend to scrap all the gear I get that is below my current loadout, so if I had any void weapons, I would have scrapped them.

Need the crucable 500 to unlock my exotic weapon.

What level are you DBZ? Mega and his friend should really try to push it out to 27 before you attempt the raid, as anything lower has a 40%+ damage reduction on enemies near the end.

Yes, you will either need a weapon with Void damage (the purple swirly thing) or a Void super/grenade (Titan Defender class/Warlock Voidwalker class)

I won't spoil the task you have to do after that, but it's a toughie.

In other news, today I obtained my 15th Exotic. Dayuuuum.

@DeathBringerZen I believe every kill is +5, and every death is -2. It doesn't take as long as you think it will, but it can suck if you don't have a good void weapon.

It's really fast, I was getting disconnected every 4-5 mins when I was trying to do it, but still did it in a night.

One thing I would recommend DBZ, is playing control. I felt like everytime I took a flag, it also gave me more points, but again, not sure how true that is.

Good luck with xyor the unwed. We were stuck on that for about 2 weeks.

Yeah, I read up on it and saw I would get +5 for a kill and -2 for a death, but it's the weapon I was not aware of that I needed to use. So, where would I obtain such a weapon, anyone?

@Naitrax - I am only rank 25, but I have been in a few runs at it with others and pretty much kept us in the game. I got to the point you fight the giant floating thing with the shield and had him at about 20% health when we died. :(

Yeah, I read up on it and saw I would get +5 for a kill and -2 for a death, but it's the weapon I was not aware of that I needed to use. So, where would I obtain such a weapon, anyone?

@Naitrax - I am only rank 25, but I have been in a few runs at it with others and pretty much kept us in the game. I got to the point you fight the giant floating thing with the shield and had him at about 20% health when we died. :(

You can find one from decrypting green/blue engrams of special weapons/heavy weapons. Special is advised however, since ammo is plentiful in the Crucible for them. Because of the Crucible's balancing system (as long as you don't play the Iron Banner when it drops) even a level 18 weapon is a viable choice. I would recommend playing Rumble or Skirmish, simply because since there are only 6 of you and the games won't choose huge maps for you to play on.

25 will be pretty much one-shot killed at the end of the Raid. If you haven't done so already, try and quickly do some Queen's Kill Orders and get a legendary chest piece and helm, which can really push your levels up.

@lead_psychopath

Really?!? I got it on my first try. What level were you at the time? Under 26? I just stood behind a rock, peeked out and killed a couple, then jumped behind. When Xyor spawned, I fired 2 rockets at him and he went down. Whipped out Dinklebot and went back to the Tower to claim my prize.

Just got my first Exotic Bounty. On oath with friends I decided to not look up what each choice offered. So I took A Dubious Task, over Light in the Dark, and Tolands Legacy.

I hope I'm happy with the result. 4 More strikes without dying to go.

Then step 2 begins.

(Please don't spoil it for me yet which Exotic I'm getting. This is exciting. )

You can find one from decrypting green/blue engrams of special weapons/heavy weapons. Special is advised however, since ammo is plentiful in the Crucible for them. Because of the Crucible's balancing system (as long as you don't play the Iron Banner when it drops) even a level 18 weapon is a viable choice. I would recommend playing Rumble or Skirmish, simply because since there are only 6 of you and the games won't choose huge maps for you to play on.

25 will be pretty much one-shot killed at the end of the Raid. If you haven't done so already, try and quickly do some Queen's Kill Orders and get a legendary chest piece and helm, which can really push your levels up.

@lead_psychopath

Really?!? I got it on my first try. What level were you at the time? Under 26? I just stood behind a rock, peeked out and killed a couple, then jumped behind. When Xyor spawned, I fired 2 rockets at him and he went down. Whipped out Dinklebot and went back to the Tower to claim my prize. Mate, I'm still frigging stuck on it, it's not the actual phogoth bit, it's the waves of witches and knights as Mr ghost opens that door.

When I got the bounty I was level 22, and it's like a curse has stuck ever since. Was going to try it again last night, but it was a bit late after we did the weekly strike.

@lead_psychopath I forgot all about you having that man, I'm off tomorrow and the next day if you want to hop on we'll knock that out :)

This might be a spoiler for some leveling the Queen's reputation quests.

I hit lvl 2 yesterday and bought her class item (an armband for warlocks) and hoped patrols and vanguard quests would up her reputation but it doesn't. Just thought I would share that.

@lead_psychopath I forgot all about you having that man, I'm off tomorrow and the next day if you want to hop on we'll knock that out :)

This might be a spoiler for some leveling the Queen's reputation quests.

I hit lvl 2 yesterday and bought her class item (an armband for warlocks) and hoped patrols and vanguard quests would up her reputation but it doesn't. Just thought I would share that.

I'm banking on that mate. ;-) We just tried it with the two of us, but couldn't last long enough for xyor to spawn in.

I've given up for the night.

Archived