• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got my first Exotic Bounty! I'm going to be receiving my most desired Exotic; Bad Juju, the Pulse Rifle (I love Pulse Rifles)!!!!

Sadly, I have to do 24 more strikes tomorrow otherwise I'll have to wait a week before I can claim my reward, not to mention finishing the Vault of Glass twice...

Just got my first Exotic Bounty! I'm going to be receiving my most desired Exotic; Bad Juju, the Pulse Rifle (I love Pulse Rifles)!!!!

Sadly, I have to do 24 more strikes tomorrow otherwise I'll have to wait a week before I can claim my reward, not to mention finishing the Vault of Glass twice...

@Naitrax After you finish the strikes, you'll probably need to kill like 400 guardians in the Crucible (it may say kill 10,000 guardians - but with each guardian being worth 25 points). Exotic bounties are rough - you think you are done, and then they give you a new challenge.

Grinded like a mofo yesterday, 21 to 26. Got my vanguard rank to level 2. Finally got some legendary armor, and bought an exotic helmet as well. Been using the farming spot in the cosmodrome to level up my gear/guns. This game reminds me so much of Borderlands 2 (in all good ways), I only wish they had a way to trade loot with your buddies.

Bought the gauntlets from the weekend merchant, also have an exotic bounty which is pretty easy, survive 5  strike missions, at first I thought it meant 5 consecutive wins but it doesn't, three wins before I got too tired and quit.

Also, am I the only one having a tough time finding helmets? The lightt attributes don't seem as high either. 

Bought the gauntlets from the weekend merchant, also have an exotic bounty which is pretty easy, survive 5  strike missions, at first I thought it meant 5 consecutive wins but it doesn't, three wins before I got too tired and quit.

Also, am I the only one having a tough time finding helmets? The lightt attributes don't seem as high either. 

Hahahahahahahahahahahaahaha!

Exotic Bounties have about 9 different levels each. When that's done, you'll have to do like 8 more tasks to get your weapon.

Level 27 here still stuck with a Blue Helmet. Helmets seem to be super rare.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaahaha!

Exotic Bounties have about 9 different levels each. When that's done, you'll have to do like 8 more tasks to get your weapon.

:mellow:

Is it a guaranteed weapon? I was hoping it would be because I bought the guantlets, I guess I have a nice night of monotonous farming ahead of me tonight <_<  

So @swappingspit and I's team beat the Raid today. After literally 4 days of struggling with Atheon, we finally worked out a perfect strat and the kill took under 4 minutes (2 Time's Vengeance's). So yeah. Pretty sure it was one of the fastest, if not the fastest Atheon kill out there.

If anyone is looking for a guide, check out my post on reddit here.

So yeah, after all was said and done, I got 3 rewards from the entire thing.

I got:

Vision of Confluence - Legendary Scout Rifle with a max of 300 damage, has a skill for extra damage to Oracles and also deals Solar damage

Cuirass of the Hezen Lords - Warlock Legendary Chest Armor with a max of 439 defines (and +30 Light max)

Chatterwhite - Legendary Shader, which is pure white and can only be gotten as a drop from Atheon (you will either get a Legendary Sparrow, Legendary Ship or this shader)

Also, a buttload of Ascendant Energy, but I wasn't lucky enough to get any Shards, although my teammates did.

Really enjoyed it, and as soon as we all hit 28, we're going to attempt Hard Mode. Wish us luck!

PS: If anyone needs any questions answered about the Raid, or Destiny in general, leave them here and I'll try as hard as I can to answer them.

2f1246825c1b7b1a65741c7e77926d6e.png

I do wish there was a little better in-game explanation of things.  Like i'm having to ask my friends what stuff means and what things do what, because it's never really explained well in the process of game play.  Still having an awful lot of fun with this game and i haven't gotten to do half the stuff there is

I actually like how they don't spell out everything for you. For me it makes the game more immersive, it rewards those who research and communicate.

That's how Minecraft was at first - no tutorials, no pop ups, you have to figure out the combinations.

I do wish there was a little better in-game explanation of things.  Like i'm having to ask my friends what stuff means and what things do what, because it's never really explained well in the process of game play.  Still having an awful lot of fun with this game and i haven't gotten to do half the stuff there is

I actually like how they don't spell out everything for you. For me it makes the game more immersive, it rewards those who research and communicate.

That's how Minecraft was at first - no tutorials, no pop ups, you have to figure out the combinations.

I would totally agree with you if I had more time to play.  But being a grown-up regrettably i don't have the kind of time to really immerse myself in the game like i'd like to to become and "expert" if you will.  I definitely see the pro's to it though

You see I have mized emotions on that idea. It's cool sometimes, but there are somethings that probably should be explained.

I mean, the zombie ranking system is an excellent example of where not explaining something was a terrible idea, however the EE steps not being written out for us on the first attempt is an excellent example of where not explaining something was a great idea.

With Destiny, I wish the tangible effects of the attributes and damage/armor numbers were explained a little more.

Likewise I'd like to know more about exactly how the level up and xp system works, as well as whether any benefits exist from cranking up the difficulty, or if it would be stupid not to repeatedly slughter level 3 enemies in Russia all day.

I wish they explained the reward system for the Crucible. It is seemingly completely random, and I'd just like that to ge absolutely confirmed. Likewise why sometimes after I leave matchmaking, it tells me I get things that I know I didn't see in the awards.

I think mostly everything else is kind of self explanatory.

So what is everyone's classes and favorites? Does anyone have an opinion on which class is the best for PvP and/or PvE?

Is it true that there will be a PvP mode in the future where no one is buffed/nerfed? One of my friends keeps claiming that.

Right now I primarily play a Warlock, I completed voidwalker, and am about halfway through sunsinger. I also have a hunter who I started as a bladedancer and I'm maybe a third through that tree.

So far it seems like Blade Dancers are ridiculous in PvP. If you can aim well and are moderately good.

Although I'd like to shout of for the Sunsinger, as it always seems to surprise people, between hovering mid air, blasting them backwards with melee, and lighting on fire and becoming a semi-invicible grenade machine people never know quite what to expect. Especially sprint charging Titans. Using either the Fire Sheild or the extra resistance while the super is active you can survive a sprint charge and I've never had a quick reaction from the Titan after they failed to kill me. They must be so used to it one hit killing everyone they just don't have a reflex for failure.

PvE I've really only used the Sunsinger and Voidwalker and of course the Sunsinger wins, with the ability to self revive during difficult strikes.

You see I have mized emotions on that idea. It's cool sometimes, but there are somethings that probably should be explained.

I mean, the zombie ranking system is an excellent example of where not explaining something was a terrible idea, however the EE steps not being written out for us on the first attempt is an excellent example of where not explaining something was a great idea.

With Destiny, I wish the tangible effects of the attributes and damage/armor numbers were explained a little more.

Likewise I'd like to know more about exactly how the level up and xp system works, as well as whether any benefits exist from cranking up the difficulty, or if it would be stupid not to repeatedly slughter level 3 enemies in Russia all day.

I wish they explained the reward system for the Crucible. It is seemingly completely random, and I'd just like that to ge absolutely confirmed. Likewise why sometimes after I leave matchmaking, it tells me I get things that I know I didn't see in the awards.

I think mostly everything else is kind of self explanatory.

So what is everyone's classes and favorites? Does anyone have an opinion on which class is the best for PvP and/or PvE?

Is it true that there will be a PvP mode in the future where no one is buffed/nerfed? One of my friends keeps claiming that.

Right now I primarily play a Warlock, I completed voidwalker, and am about halfway through sunsinger. I also have a hunter who I started as a bladedancer and I'm maybe a third through that tree.

So far it seems like Blade Dancers are ridiculous in PvP. If you can aim well and are moderately good.

Although I'd like to shout of for the Sunsinger, as it always seems to surprise people, between hovering mid air, blasting them backwards with melee, and lighting on fire and becoming a semi-invicible grenade machine people never know quite what to expect. Especially sprint charging Titans. Using either the Fire Sheild or the extra resistance while the super is active you can survive a sprint charge and I've never had a quick reaction from the Titan after they failed to kill me. They must be so used to it one hit killing everyone they just don't have a reflex for failure.

PvE I've really only used the Sunsinger and Voidwalker and of course the Sunsinger wins, with the ability to self revive during difficult strikes.

I thought there already was a TDM type mode where everyone had equal health/stats etc.?

As of right now, to the best of my knowledge anyways, all the gamemodes in the Crucible all equalize players. So that level fives can still get kills against level 20s. So that weapons at the very least, barely make a difference damage wise. Ie a level 8 shotgun will kill just about as fast as a level 18 shotgun in the crucible.

I was inquiring whether a mode that fully took armor and true weapon damage into account would be appearing.

As of right now, to the best of my knowledge anyways, all the gamemodes in the Crucible all equalize players. So that level fives can still get kills against level 20s. So that weapons at the very least, barely make a difference damage wise. Ie a level 8 shotgun will kill just about as fast as a level 18 shotgun in the crucible.

I was inquiring whether a mode that fully took armor and true weapon damage into account would be appearing.

In October, there will be an event in the Crucible called the Iron Banner. This has a little modifier called Level Advantages enabled. That way, you really need to be a higher level to stand a chance, and therefore, the rewards for the higher levels are gear with the same/better stats than Raid gear, which is better than just normal legendaries.

On the last page, you asked if there was a way to know what the stats on armour did. Well, if you hover your cursor over the 3 little circles next to your gear, you can see what each thing does.

The Crucible rewards are 100% RNG, like most of the stuff in the game. Here's a quote from Bungie's weekly update on Bungie.net:

fe9d0612383d45c4a6621d208251e0a6.png

Honestly, I think all classes are balanced with some really good abilities, but we Warlocks kinda drew the short straw with an offensive subclass. I mean yeah, Voidwalker is pretty awesome, but it's nothing compared to Bladedancer.

I know what Intellect, Discipline and Strength do.

I mean more exactly how does 2+ agility help me, and how much of that little bar is 2+ anyways?

I was refering more to Damage, Defense, Armor, Agility, and Recovery.

You get rough ideas, but do I really move faster with max agility compared to 2/3rds or 1/3rd?

Or is the difference miniscule?

Just Grimoire cards and an achievement for 50 I believe. 

As far as weapon and armor stats go, I do think it needs a little bit of clarification. Intellect, discipline and strength for example- The bar in each dialog box says Current Effect and gives a percentage, but there's really no way to tell exactly what that means. 

Okay, I've had a very up and down day today. 

Ups:

• Hit 28 this morning, and then 29 just now.
  • Completed Vault of Glass again
  • Completed Weekly Nightfall
  • Got Thorn, and am almost done Bad Juju

Downs:

• Completed Vault of Glass again... and got the exact same things as last time, while my team all got really cool new stuff, I just got the exact same stuff, a pile of disappointment served with a side of Ascendant Energy
  • Completed Weekly Nightfall strike... and was rewarded with a purple engram which turned into a crappy level 19 blue (how is this even allowed?!?!? I should be getting something that risky as a reward)

However, overall, I am on the border of happy.

Should be hitting 28 tonight, about 2 light till I level got me an exotic rocket launcher that has homing missiles, when the rocket explodes it makes cluster granades. I went to the devils lair for fun and owned him with it.

STILL looking for vault of glass players, posting here, bungie site AND facebook for days and not one reply. My only gripe with this game, player cooperation is a joke.

Also working on Queen rep, got some decent items from her main quests.

A good idea would be to have a texted menu to call out to players for specific modes, "looking to join/start raid" or "looking to build crucible team" for example.

Treasure Cave is dead. Long live Treasure Cave.

I thought everything in the patch notes and here was pretty on point, and Bungie seems to have a good idea of how their game currently plays. I think everyone expected our beloved Cave would be patched at some point. And they're improving rewards for just playing the game, which is great. That being said, Queen's armor not producing shards when broken down is complete idiocy. It's a limited time event, so I don't really see it hurting the game. Up until now there was no consistent way to get shards, so this was a breath of fresh air. Take the amount down from 3 to 1, or make it a smaller chance of getting them. Eliminating it outright is silly. 

Archived