• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a Legendary coat for my warlock the other night, it has three separate boosts to defense which is something to work towards, as it takes crafting items (helium to be specific for this piece).  

And yes I was misinformed through word of mouth, I thought they were going to raise the level cap this week :( It's still ok as I'm still working on those vanguard levels, got my first one last night, one to go and I can buy legendarys from the tower's merchants.

How is everyone liking the bosses? They were insanely hard the first few times I fought them but now I have some pretty easy strategies for them, except the Untamed, he is still pretty insane.

Here is a picture of my toon from the first hour of gameplay, I still hate her hair lol

10647069_804050082950299_414691053026210

Bleh. Today's Daily Heroic has no rewards... What's even the point then? I thought maybe you'd be able to get another of the one-time bonuses at the end of some missions but nope. Didn't even find a Blue Engram in that.

Someone has discovered an awesome farming run on Mars which allows you to get some awesome chests quickly.

@swappingspit haha, saw that video on r/DestinyTheGame

Also, thanks for all the games over the weekend. Had a lot of fun.

PS: I'm sorry I beat the Weekly Heroic without you.

@Tattoo247 Team Warlock FTW! 

TFW your friend in game is Hunter and you get Legendary for them but no trading.

Bosses are pretty easy honestly, even Phogoth. They're just giant bullet sponges, like most everything in the game, with incredibly high health pools.

I have a quick question regarding the "end game" so it might be a spoiler for someone not far into the story, just a warning. Scroll past the paragraph below for some info for everyone.

I ran out of missions to do two days ago and it's making me think I beat the game, but I got no ending scene, no closure whatsoever so I am wondering if you have to buy the season pass to finish this story? I cleared all of the missions on normal, so tonight I'm going to toy around with hard mode and hope it progresses me further...

OK, so I found these codes earlier for grimoire cards and some in game items too. They all work as of today but I don't know when they expire. I'll just post the codes here, and a link to where you redeem them.

List of Promo Codes

These codes are not one-use only. They can be redeemed multiple times and shared, so tell your friends!

After entering each code, refresh the page before inputting the next.

Grimoire Cards

Cards are viewed on Bungie.net once unlocked.

• YKA-RJG-MH9 – Warlock
  • 3DA-P4X-F6A – Titan
  • MVD-4N3-NKH – Hunter
  • TCN-HCD-TGY – Rixis
  • HDX-ALM-V4K – Old Russia
  • 473-MXR-3X9 – Hive
  • JMR-LFN-4A3 – Moon
  • HC3-H44-DKC – Gjallorhorn
  • 69P-KRM-JJA – Duke MK.44
  • 69P-VCH-337 – The Hive
  • 69R-CKD-X7L – The Hive Ogre
  • 69R-DDD-FCP – Valley of the kings, Mars
  • 69R-F99-AXG – The Fallen
  • 69R-VL7-J6A – Red Death
  • 69X-DJN-74V – The Cabal
  • 6A7-7NP-3X7 – The Devastated Coast, Venus
  • 6A9-DTG-YGN – Vex Minotaur

Emblems

Emblems are collected from the Postmaster in the Tower.

• FJ9-LAM-67F
  • JD7-4CM-HJG
  • JDT-NLC-JKM
  • JNX-DMH-XLA
  • 7CP-94V-LFP
  • 7F9-767-F74

Shaders

Shaders are collected from the Postmaster in the Tower.

• 7MM-VPD-MHP – Double Banshee
  • RXC-9XJ-4MH – Oracle 99

Here is the link to redeem, I just linked my PSN account and didn't have to verify anything.  http://www.bungie.net/sr/User/coderedemption

So I just beat the campaign... I think... but anyways I think I can sum up the entire experience nicely:

"Well I could tell you about this (insert awesome sounding lore here), but I won't."

The whole story feels like jumping into zombies with Buried being your first and only map, or starting the Harry Potter series at book seven. It just has so much unexplained background stuff that really shouldn't have been hard to explain.

The gameplay is excellent, if not a little empty, but I'm actually somewhat disappointed in Bungie for that half finished, empty, almost-campaign.

There's two things happening. One, they're obviously saving a lot for the future DLC (I hope at least). Two, there is a metric ton of stuff you can learn from the Grimoire cards. I think they held back in the game for those reasons, because yeah, the story is awful. The Vex are taking a planet, wait no, maybe it's their home, let's wipe them out and never find out. Keep in mind I have been drinking heavily for all the time I've been playing, so key plot points may have been missed. 

Oh, I FINALLY got another piece of Legendary gear... wait no, it's a hair scrunchy for a Warlock. Hooray.

They claim there is more to the game after the story. Not quite sure what that means but it could just be the beginning of the story when we see the ending scene, it certainly felt like it was half over at least.

I'm pretty excited for tomorrow, going to try to get my Warlock to 26, only two levels to go then we'll see what this new place is all about.

Here's the problem.  You can't treat this like a Call of Duty campaign.  You aren't getting the full story.  Treat it like an MMO.  The base game is a great game, sure, but you are missing some of the story.  The reason you're missing story is because it hasn't been written yet.  This is an evolving world and as expansions are released, more and more story will unfold and we'll learn more and more about the past of what happened and such.

For some, they'll say "What a moneygrab I quit."  Fair enough.  But this is how MMOs work.  It's not to be a moneygrab.  In fact, there's a lot of content on disc that hasn't been unlocked yet.  They've got many things coming out in the next month to keep you busy and occupied until the first expansion comes out in December.  Let's be honest.  If everything was already unlocked, you'd have it all done already and still wonder where the rest was (because it's not out yet).  By spacing out content, like the Vault of Glass that was released today, you give players an opportunity to see the world grow and expand, while the devs get to work on the upcoming content without being yelled at and having people quit early because there's nothing else to do.  

Take Destiny as an MMO and let the story unfold as the years go by.  This is a ten year project, not a one time release thing.  Expansion packs aren't going to be more multiplayer maps.  They're going to add more to the story and let the world expand and let us see more and do more than before.  

Take Destiny as release World of Warcraft.  There's plenty more to come.  If you don't want to pay for expansion passes, well I can't make you or anything.  But that's how this "emptiness" and "lack of story" will be solved.  Because that's how MMOs work.

Lots of good discussion here about the game. 

re: Kehradnomah99  (sp.?)  A) Im not sure if I get your gripe about if you want to play co-op you have to buy another game, tv, xbox, and internet subscription....  i mean there is matchmaking. i didnt get that part of the rant at all.

And gripe about gamestop giving x amount back on trade in's, its actually a great deal for gamers and a great idea by the company.  They make pretty small margin on trade-in's in most cases, and it allows people like me to get a little bit back for games im no longer playing as well as provide an outlet to buy older games at lower prices as well.  Its unrealistic to think someone would sell you a game for $60, then 6 months later pay you $50 to sell the used item back to them.  That makes zero sense, business and money wise.

Anyway, on to my experience with Destiny, I think it's really really fun when playing with friends in a fire team, not quiet as much by myself. I still have a lot to learn about the details of the game like engrams and raids and all that stuff, i've neve really played a game like this before (the MMO type element of it)

Has anyone beat the new lvl, 26 mission? I experienced my first bit of rage trying to do it alone at lvl 25...impossible!

Whenever I see @Dummkopt I'm always like who "is this guy?!" then I realise it's you tattoo! You on later? My friend and I just want to finish the story missions, and then id say we'd love to do it with you!

You need 6 people to do it, and they all need to be level 26+. I know you can check it out solo and stuff like that, but to actually get the hidden steps done you need all 6 people who know what they are doing. This is like trying to figure out a zombies EE, except the EE takes you 4+ hours to complete. Insane. I'm still leveling up to 26 before I give it a try.

Has anyone beat the new lvl, 26 mission? I experienced my first bit of rage trying to do it alone at lvl 25...impossible!

Whenever I see @Dummkopt I'm always like who "is this guy?!" then I realise it's you tattoo! You on later? My friend and I just want to finish the story missions, and then id say we'd love to do it with you! You need 6 people to do it, and they all need to be level 26+. I know you can check it out solo and stuff like that, but to actually get the hidden steps done you need all 6 people who know what they are doing. This is like trying to figure out a zombies EE, except the EE takes you 4+ hours to complete. Insane. I'm still leveling up to 26 before I give it a try. Wow, didn't realise you needed so many people to do it!

On that note, what is everyone playing Destiny on?

PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 or XBONE?

Whenever I see @Dummkopt I'm always like who "is this guy?!" then I realise it's you tattoo! You on later? My friend and I just want to finish the story missions, and then id say we'd love to do it with you!

You need 6 people to do it, and they all need to be level 26+. I know you can check it out solo and stuff like that, but to actually get the hidden steps done you need all 6 people who know what they are doing. This is like trying to figure out a zombies EE, except the EE takes you 4+ hours to complete. Insane. I'm still leveling up to 26 before I give it a try.

My buddy that first really clued me into Destiny described it almost the exact same way. that was just based on hearing about the raids,so its cool that it is turning out to be like that.  i may have to recruit some of you xbox360 people from codz to get with me and my group to do this .... except im still a 13 so im a long ways off lol

I'm a level 26 on Xbox One. Happy to give the raid a go with anyone.

@the_clay_bird I've never played this type of game either, really, and I gotta say I'm full-on obsessed. I played for 30 hours the last two days, and I was debating coming home to play during my lunch break at work today. I had to stop myself and admit it wasn't healthy. There's just so many various ways and different aspects to leveling up. It's not like COD, where you just gain XP for kills. To upgrade my legendary armor I have to farm one of 4 different planet-specific materials, in addition to shards that the game hands out like they're purple hearts. Do you grind strikes for the vanguard marks, or crucible for a possible gift from RNGesus, or just farm loot crates? There's just no way to ever be content. I played for almost 30 hours straight and at no point did I go, "welp, I've finished everything I needed to accomplish."

This isn't like GTA, where after a certain amount of time you have to ask yourself what you're even doing the missions for. There's actual goals you can accomplish here, and they're not easy to reach. 

Well, it's that time of the week again!

Xûr, Agent of the Nine, has made his weekly trip to the Tower, and he comes bearing gifts in the form of Exotic weapons!

He can be found in front of the black gate near the Speaker, and sells the following:

9948d2f83f3c502e446219efda74a666.png

I bought myself some Sunsinger gauntlets with 12 coins leftover, and am currently saving for maybe that Exotic Launcher or just next week's stuff.

I also purchased that Exotic Engram and got myself a smexy Warlock (yay) cloak!

Finally hit Level 27, and then accidentally trashed my +26 Light gauntlets thinking they were green. Stupid move, Nai. Hopefully Bingie accept my pleas and give me them back.

I really want to use that cool cloak I got, but I don't want to have to go back down to Level 26 to play with it :(

Bungie should make Ascendant Shards available to purchase from Xûr, along with an upgrade to let you have more than one Exotic on you at a time...

Raid is awesome, currently on 2nd-to-last boss and will beat it tomorrow. We all took a break to make level 27 from Xûr and sleep.

I got chest armor that was lower light than my legendary. Scumbag Cryptarch decoded the exotic engram into a Warlock chest piece. Big strike out for me.

That's because your chest armour was already upgraded. You have to upgrade it, and then it will be a lot better than what you have now. It has the same base Light as your Legendary, but about 3 more chances for +3 upgrades.

Sorry to hear man. 

Archived