• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got this today. Firstly i'm not much of a gamer other than playing some zombies but must say the games pretty impressive. Since buying the PS4 it's done nothing but collect dust until now. Cant wait to play it again tobehonest, to me thats a big thing as most games purchased get a solid 10 minutes playtime before going back onto the shelf never to be played again.

Finally a game for the PS4 worth playing

Quick question, is it possible to increase my look sensitivity? Could'nt find an option for it.

Settings -look control

From there you can change loom sensitivity

@clay does redbox carry new gen games or is it just for 360 and ps3?

only 360 and PS3 at this time unfortunately for you next gen-ers  im not sure if they carry any next gen, but i know they for sure don't for brand new releases

Fortunately my my local redbox do carry next gen games for destiny and many others, won't bother getting it will weekend.

@clay does redbox carry new gen games or is it just for 360 and ps3?

only 360 and PS3 at this time unfortunately for you next gen-ers  im not sure if they carry any next gen, but i know they for sure don't for brand new releases

Fortunately my my local redbox do carry next gen games for destiny and many others, won't bother getting it will weekend.

No kidding? well thats awesome.. just not around my parts i guess :P

I know this game is the latest hype. Frankly I haven't followed anything Halo, Bungie or anything related in a while. How is it so far?

I have sunk a good 13+ hours into Destiny so far and this gsme is flat out amazing. There really is no way to explain the depth of the combat, scenery, and overall presentation.

My only gripe is the plot is vague and hard to follow, no memorable characters so far, and the dialogue is meh.

Don't get me wrong, the story is good - it's engaging. But this game is 100% all about the gameplay IMO, and it's by far exceeded the hype.

Also the music is phenomenal

I'm at the end of the Moon, and so far I have no idea what the story is supposed to be. Would really like to know more about the giant orb in the sky that made the universe perfect. You'd think they might lead off with that one. 

I played the Devil's Lair strike with some low level friends last night and their weapons were useless against the spider bot so I had to kill it by myself. I got it down to about 2% health and then we died and had to start over. It took roughly 11 hours. 

One thing I'm worried about is not getting used to the PvP, because as of now I sorta hate it. I think I'm doing something wrong. 

I'm at the end of the Moon, and so far I have no idea what the story is supposed to be. Would really like to know more about the giant orb in the sky that made the universe perfect. You'd think they might lead off with that one.

I played the Devil's Lair strike with some low level friends last night and their weapons were useless against the spider bot so I had to kill it by myself. I got it down to about 2% health and then we died and had to start over. It took roughly 11 hours.

One thing I'm worried about is not getting used to the PvP, because as of now I sorta hate it. I think I'm doing something wrong.

11 hours?!? Surely that's a typo?!

My friend and I did it last night and we were about level 6, took about an hour, maybe a little longer.

Just did it then, and we beat it in about 5 mins! (he's level 10, I'm 12)

It's a lot harder than in the beta though!

As for the story, I'm the same. What exactly is the traveler, and how did it make the universe so epic...

I finally hit lvl 20 last night, total of maybe 12 hours in a two day period.

Now I am basically PVPing like crazy trying to get +light armor, which will push my level up to the cap of 26. I still haven't completed the story, but I think it's good, of course I don't know it 100% but so far it's better than I expected. I can't get over the heavy Mass Effect/ Borderlands vibe, but luckily those are some of my favorite games.

PunchOut85 is my PSN tag if anyone needs help leveling or want to farm goodies, I don't mind what level you are.

I finally hit lvl 20 last night, total of maybe 12 hours in a two day period.

Now I am basically PVPing like crazy trying to get +light armor, which will push my level up to the cap of 26. I still haven't completed the story, but I think it's good, of course I don't know it 100% but so far it's better than I expected. I can't get over the heavy Mass Effect/ Borderlands vibe, but luckily those are some of my favorite games.

PunchOut85 is my PSN tag if anyone needs help leveling or want to farm goodies, I don't mind what level you are.

What is pvping?!

So far, I'm floating around the enthused side of neutral with this game.

I just hit level 10, and the campaign gameplay is become much more interesting, with multiple upgrade options, and good enough weapons/gear to slaughter basic enemies, and still be challenged by bosses.

The PvP however seemed really bland to me. However I think it'd be more enjoyable after the level cap, or at least at a higher level because right now I just get decimated by people who are level 20 and above.

Picked this title up with my brother yesterday from gamestop.  Game is decent so I really wont rant about that, graphics and gameplay is a good cross genre mix with a lot of elements people can find entertaining.  Borderlands/Halo/Jedi comes to mind (the good jedi games like battlefront jedis lol).

My problem is all the extremely disfunctional decisions that were made after the hard working developers put so much time into it. 

1. Right as you're purchasing the game, Gamestop (the most wonderful corporate embodiment of how any game store SHOULD NEVER BE!!!), they insult you by slapping a flyer onto the game proclaiming about the exclusive offer for you to trade in your destiny game by Oct. 8th and they will give you a FULL 30$!  I just paid 65$ for this thing! You're telling me that over 50% óf it's value is lost in the first month?  (continuous rant about how I hate gamestop and the ripoff system of trade.....)

2. Riding home I start reading the box....wait....what?.....what does online only mean?  No, that can't mean online only.....sssoooo I spent $60+ and as well I need to have an isp I am paying and subscribe to your consoles online for additional fee before I can ever load the game?  Wait, that's just silly.  Of course I can play solo without internet...it's a single player campaign.  WTF DO YOU MEAN I NEED ALL OF THIS TO PLAY A SINGLE PLAYER GAME!?!!?! 

3.  Co-op is awesome....if you buy two consoles, two games, have two accounts, two tv's and hope your internet can handle it all.  Then subsequently purchase two of all the dlc's, expansions, next game additions etc etc.  If you have someone at your house you enjoy playing with like a loved one, just remember x2 for EVERYTHING that you are spending money on.

4.  20gb HD space required....MINIMUM!  But Kered, look at all the cool features and things that need that amount of space?  It's called a second disc, plain and simple.  It's been done for years and years.  Playing single player story then it's one disc, Mp strikes etc are on another disc.  IF you have the space then download it into your harddrive, if not then switch out disks.  This option has been taken away permanently.

My rant pretty much boils down to this and can be swept aside by one thing, Money.  I understand there are larger HD's out there, xbox live isn't THAT much, internet I should already have if I'm on here typing atm and who cares if Gamestop has a crappy company and I have to purchase additional just to have someone play along with me.

Honestly, I'm poor.  I could go into extreme detail but I'm on a limited budget for games.  Black ops 2 and it's season pass was the most I've ever dropped on a game in a single month.  Even then it was with sacrificing pretty much all other "fun money" experiences.  You want me to pay 60$ for a great game that has replay value? Sure! 

The extremely insulting part is making me pay 60$ just for a disc that then becomes a HUGE download which in turn becomes complete fodder unless you pay additional money every month to make sure it continues working.  If this was just a download game which requires internet at a reasonable price (even 40$ to give recognition of all the requirements and to distinguish it from other titles that can actually be standalone games), then I could understand.  If I buy your game for my console and insert the disc....It should work.  SERIOUSLY! I just paid you 60$ for a disc, IT SHOULD WORK! I should not have to download something automatically, I should not be required to have a subscription service for a console I already spent hundreds of dollars on. 

I'm trying so hard to convey how crazy this is when you break it down.  You are advertised a game, if even 10% of it's hype is shown through co-op then why can't my friend sitting next to me play!  This one-player per console "Industry Standard" is absolutely insulting and is becoming a common theme in more and more games.

Alright I feel better and ran out of time lol, Happy gaming guys :P

The more I play this game, the more I like it. There seems to be an endless amount of weapons and armor to unlock. I've played the same missions dozens of times each and they somehow seem different every time. We did the level 18 playlist version of the Devil's Lair Strike, which was already hard, but now the enemies are 3 times as strong

My main disappointment is still the PvP. I get absolutely no joy out of it. I'm hoping it will grow on me, but so far I can't stand it.

The game was largely promoted as online only....I don't see why I keep seeing the hate when it was pretty much promoted almost as much as the game.

I really do hope they allow more than 100 marks a day though, not that it doesn't take a long time to get them, but I still think it should be 150-200.

Sept 16 for the next dlc, don't forget lol. They're raising the level cap to 40 and adding more missions of course, but that's all I know.

@swappingspit do you play with friends? I seem to be in the same boat as you, I play the PVP modes quite a bit but it's only for the leveling of vanguards, I get the feeling though, if I were to get 6 people that I knew or at least liked then it would get much better. The domination style mode is probably my favorite, because it seems to be the only time anyone wants to work as a team.

PunchOut85 if you're on psn

Where did they ever state they were raising the level cap or adding new missions? The only thing releasing on Tuesday (September 16th) is the Vault of Glass Raid.

I just got a Legendary Engram! Hell yeah! Guess what it decrypted to? Rare boots. At least they got me to 24...

I got one yesterday too. But it was from killing a Greg on Venus! It was blue and I was like ooooh what's that!?

Turned out to be a legendary hand cannon! Aaallllllrrrrriiiiiiggghhht!

Archived