• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game is super badass.

First off, the character creation system is very cool:

The combat is very fluid.  So far I've only tried out 2 character classes - but they have both been super badass.  I like how the play style changes based on which class you are.

Overall - some of the most crowning features of Destiny are the small stuff: lighting, shadows, AI movement.  It's a very enveloping game, and I'm super stoked for day 1.

OH also, did I mention that progress follows you between current and last gen?  Meaning, if you don't have a One (but are planning on getting one), you can get Destiny for 360, play your hearts content - and then when you get your One and your copy of Destiny for the One, your character levels/loot/progress transfer over!  Vice versa as well!  If you are like me and have an Xbox One now, but have tons of friends still on the 360 - you can just hop on over to the last gen and all your One progress will transfer.

Seriously makes me so stoked that I can play with my 360 and One friends without having to essentially replay from the start on each console.  Super huge selling point for me, and one of the many reasons I'll be getting Destiny for both One & 360.

Destiny is NOT worth it.

I downloaded the beta TWICE and both times it does NOT load.

All it does is say "xxxxx friend(s) are playing Destiny Beta" and NOTHING else.

No loading screen, no music nothing.

Just a 5GB black screen.

So I advise everyone do not bother with it.

Just wait for the ACTUAL game. It will not hurt you.

It's hard drive only because you can't store a huge file like that on your cloud.

@Slade - the game is awesome. Do not listen to those who haven't tried it.

I just don't get the point in complaining about a free beta... Bungie are actually one of the most fan committed developers out there, and I'm surprised to see so many of you write them off.

I'm not saying they demand your respect, but jeeze guys - you could have gone out and put $1 on the game and played the beta. They made the beta free the night before last, you could have left your xbox on all night to download. Regardless, it's like you are all trying to find a reason to blame Bungie for something that you don't have any experience with yet. Oh well.

Entitlement basically goes hand in hand with being a gamer, I get it. Just don't complain so much about free shit, or else you'll get me going on this diatribe.

Also, might I add the beta had basically gone off without a hitch. @TheNathanNS that sucks that the black screen happened to you, but I would just try clearing your HDD Cache and trying again. I have heard no other people experiencing issues, and I have downloaded it on BOTH the 360 and the One. I've played both, as well.

This is the first game where progress seamlessly transfers between consoles. Put down your One, pick up your 360 and you are automatically in your last place. That fact alone blows me away, mix in an open thriving social world with world events and caverns to explore, beautiful in depth scenery and fantastic single player/co-OP missions - this game is going to be GOTY. If you don't believe me, that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but a free beta is a free beta.

Sorry for the rant, I just see this game get a lot of flack for seemingly no reason at all. Bungie cares a shit ton about their fans, and the experience of Destiny - just have a look at this blog post from them: http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---07252014/en/News/News?aid=11963

Oh and did I mention they are opening up the moon mission today? This is seriously the best beta I've ever played, and that's my experience.

One last thing, Bungie have clearly stated that they have NOT yet determined an end date for the beta. THE BETA WILL END WHEN IT ENDS. if you don't believe me then read the blog post link above.

I'm at work at the moment, but I'm about to finish, so expect another response in a few hours.

@Delta dude, my Internet is shocking, only 2mb. Took all night, but it still downloaded!

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

M8 check this 0.3MB/s and tell me it's worth it.

I'm at work at the moment, but I'm about to finish, so expect another response in a few hours.

@Delta dude, my Internet is shocking, only 2mb. Took all night, but it still downloaded!

Yeah my comment above pretty much applies to anyone except @Delta

I'm guessing it would take you like, 2 days and nights to download it @Delta ?

• Moderators

God damn it @GRILL now I have to try this game out and potentially buy it when it comes out.

Just like with Wolfenstein. (Which I enjoyed a lot.)

Edit: But of course I have to download like three patches before I can download the Beta. 

And I can't find the option to pause a download on the PS4.

It's hard drive only because you can't store a huge file like that on your cloud.

@Slade - the game is awesome. Do not listen to those who haven't tried it.

I just don't get the point in complaining about a free beta... Bungie are actually one of the most fan committed developers out there, and I'm surprised to see so many of you write them off.

I'm not saying they demand your respect, but jeeze guys - you could have gone out and put $1 on the game and played the beta. They made the beta free the night before last, you could have left your xbox on all night to download. Regardless, it's like you are all trying to find a reason to blame Bungie for something that you don't have any experience with yet. Oh well.

Entitlement basically goes hand in hand with being a gamer, I get it. Just don't complain so much about free shit, or else you'll get me going on this diatribe.

Also, might I add the beta had basically gone off without a hitch. @TheNathanNS that sucks that the black screen happened to you, but I would just try clearing your HDD Cache and trying again. I have heard no other people experiencing issues, and I have downloaded it on BOTH the 360 and the One. I've played both, as well.

This is the first game where progress seamlessly transfers between consoles. Put down your One, pick up your 360 and you are automatically in your last place. That fact alone blows me away, mix in an open thriving social world with world events and caverns to explore, beautiful in depth scenery and fantastic single player/co-OP missions - this game is going to be GOTY. If you don't believe me, that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but a free beta is a free beta.

Sorry for the rant, I just see this game get a lot of flack for seemingly no reason at all. Bungie cares a shit ton about their fans, and the experience of Destiny - just have a look at this blog post from them: http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---07252014/en/News/News?aid=11963

Oh and did I mention they are opening up the moon mission today? This is seriously the best beta I've ever played, and that's my experience.

One last thing, Bungie have clearly stated that they have NOT yet determined an end date for the beta. THE BETA WILL END WHEN IT ENDS. if you don't believe me then read the blog post link above.

Oh @GRILL, thanks for posting that link to the blog! It's epic that Bungie do care!

No other company has give a free beta to its gamers. (that I know of at least)

I was also kind of panicked with the end date too, as I have such a busy weekend planned, but it's looking like it'll be fine!

Yeah my comment above pretty much applies to anyone except @Delta

I'm guessing it would take you like, 2 days and nights to download it @Delta ? Like… 2-3 days if I give my Xbox breaks.

1.5 if it was constantly on the whole time.

Archived