• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys I might buy destiny today is it worth it

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

Well, it all depends on what type of game you like to play. Do you play games for the story? Do you want Destiny for the story?

If you answered yes to the latter, then this game will not be for you. It doesn't have a proper campaign. It has what feels like a series of secondary objectives as you run through a bunch of areas slaughtering things. It is incredibly repetitive, but somehow, through all that, it still shines through for me as one of the best games I've ever played.

While it is repetitive, it has so much replayability. The Strikes, while low in numbers, rarely appear in the playlists back to back, and that gives you the space you need to not make them boring. The game has a Daily Heroic mission, that when set to the hardest difficulty, gives Ascendant materials (used to upgrade legendary and exotic weapons/gear), and a Weekly Heroic Strike, which, when set to the highest difficulty, gives 9 Strange Coins (used to purchase items from a vendor who only appears on weekends)

There is also something called the Weekly Nightfall Strike. This is a special strike with a bunch of modifiers, including at least one "burn", which makes the specified element do quadruple damage, and the Nightfall modifier, which makes it so if everyone dies in a darkness zone, you will be returned to orbit and forced to start from the beginning again.

Then there is the amazing challenge which is the Raid. The Vault of Glass is an activity unlocked at Level 24, but should not be attempted until you are at LEAST 26. It is full of hard enemies and special mechanics, seen nowhere else in the game. I won't spoil any of the actual bosses or things, but they can drop special legendary gear which can allow you to get to level 30, the current cap.

As one of the Bungie employees once said,

"The game really only starts when you get to 20." Holy hell mate, the strikes don't appear back to back?

Yesterday I played the archon priest mission 8 times, pretty much in a row. 8 times. I played the eye of a gate lord mission after the 8th one, and started to go down the flipping caves on auto pilot.

Think it might've glitched out to be honest.

Holy hell mate, the strikes don't appear back to back?

Yesterday I played the archon priest mission 8 times, pretty much in a row. 8 times. I played the eye of a gate lord mission after the 8th one, and started to go down the flipping caves on auto pilot.

Well, sometimes, like in your case, it does happen, but it is few and far between (the incidents, I mean) I once had The Summoning Pits 14 times in a row. Was not fun.

But I still think Strike playlists are one of the best additions to the game. Vanguard Tiger gives a confirmed Blue or higher, plus marks, and whatever drops while you're playing. 

Holy hell mate, the strikes don't appear back to back?

Well, sometimes, like in your case, it does happen, but it is few and far between (the incidents, I mean) I once had The Summoning Pits 14 times in a row. Was not fun.

But I still think Strike playlists are one of the best additions to the game. Vanguard Tiger gives a confirmed Blue or higher, plus marks, and whatever drops while you're playing. Yeah, in fairness it was the first time it ever happened.

I'm a recent convert to the vanguard tiger, and since I've played it more it's made a massive difference. It's definitely an awesome feature.

So close to finishing raid!!!!

I feel like once I get it beat the first time, I should be a lot better off doing it a second. In reality, the steps are easy, it's just finding 6 people where one doesn't have an ego, you have 3 people trying to control everyone and tell them where to go at once.

Our last team did really well actually, a friend, LeadPsychopath, his friend and myself gathered two more players and in one run made it to the last step, but I was told as of next Tuesday, my progress will reset so we have to get back in there and dominate this Nexus wannabe lol

So close to finishing raid!!!!

I feel like once I get it beat the first time, I should be a lot better off doing it a second. In reality, the steps are easy, it's just finding 6 people where one doesn't have an ego, you have 3 people trying to control everyone and tell them where to go at once.

Our last team did really well actually, a friend, LeadPsychopath, his friend and myself gathered two more players and in one run made it to the last step, but I was told as of next Tuesday, my progress will reset so we have to get back in there and dominate this Nexus wannabe lol

Ah man, I thought it would reset after the week, not on Tuesday!

Recon we could bang it out a lot faster now man if we do have to do it all over again!

I got destiny now guys

now please start saving for a real tv!! ;) The text is fine on this game. But one issue is im 15 and no source of cash and relatively poor parents. I only get games 2-3 times a year. Maybe next christmas

well i was mainly joking mate, but yeah you can get an HD tv relatively cheaply nowadays, and even keep an eye out at garage sales/thrift stores you may be able to score a good deal that way if you can save some money!

it does make a huge difference though.  In fact i was astounded at the difference when i bought an HDMI cord to hook up the 360 in comparison to the composite (red, white, green, blue, yellow) plugs.  i was amazed.  if/when you do upgrade to an hd tv, you will feel like you just put on your glasses for the first time or something!! :)  

have fun with destiny though! B)

I got destiny now guys

now please start saving for a real tv!! ;)The text is fine on this game. But one issue is im 15 and no source of cash and relatively poor parents. I only get games 2-3 times a year. Maybe next christmas

well i was mainly joking mate, but yeah you can get an HD tv relatively cheaply nowadays, and even keep an eye out at garage sales/thrift stores you may be able to score a good deal that way if you can save some money!

it does make a huge difference though. In fact i was astounded at the difference when i bought an HDMI cord to hook up the 360 in comparison to the composite (red, white, green, blue, yellow) plugs. i was amazed. if/when you do upgrade to an hd tv, you will feel like you just put on your glasses for the first time or something!! :)

have fun with destiny though! B) Thanks and I am enjoying destiny. So far I'm actually 13 warlock with 249 defense on Venus. Primary is a 81 damage auto rifle with ac102 damage sniper that 1 headsets Knights and 2 shots wizards

Spoilers for anyone doing the Exotic shotgun quest.

After all that time I got the damn thing, saving up 12.5 thousand glimmer was not easy, but I kept reassuring myself that I would end up with a cool shotgun and 50 special ammo packs (the last step to getting the weapon, buying 50 ammo packs) but NUUUUU, they take all the ammo packs away and the shotgun, is mediocre compared to my legendary (full auto shotty).

On the plus side, it has ammo regen like the exotic sniper icebreaker so once I level that up I'm sure I'll like it a little better.

I still need to dismantle 2 more Rare or higher fusion rifles, it's been almost 3 weeks and I've only found 8! I don't suppose there is an easy way to get a blue fusion rifle? I check the weapon smith all the time but the rares he has for sale are shotguns and handcannons.

A question for @Naitrax , what level is your criptarch? I just hit lvl 26 and was told he would sell once legendary upon hitting 25, that was obviously not true, but do you know of anything involved with the criptarch? I'm not even sure I'm spelling that right, but the guy you turn engrams into (aka craptarch)

A question for @Naitrax , what level is your criptarch? I just hit lvl 26 and was told he would sell once legendary upon hitting 25, that was obviously not true, but do you know of anything involved with the criptarch? I'm not even sure I'm spelling that right, but the guy you turn engrams into (aka craptarch)

Cryptarch rank 40 here, nothing new happens, except every level you get a package which can possibly contain legendaries.

Archived