The Death of Ludvig Maxis

Tac

• Administrators

Origins left many with questions as to how Maxis was around for the rest of our story after dying. Was he a Quadrotor that whole time? Did Richtofen put his brain in a new body? Though people believe these theories I believe the answers already exist.

Maxis.png

This is the first time we see Ludvig Maxis (chronologically speaking). He is already quite old, possible late 50's to mid 60's it is hard to tell, which shows he would not have been fit to have a young daughter and work with 935 all the way up to 1941 and beyond. This plays a vital role in the theory. In spite of this Maxis is infected and dies. Richtofen takes out his brain and preserves it to only later put it in a Quadrotor. This was used instead of a new body for the time being. Then throughout the map Maxis helps us with many things, giving us an upgraded gun, reviving players and killing the zombies. All so we will save his daughter Samantha who hasn't been born yet but he still cares for and loves as he is her father. 

185px-Ludvig_Maxis_Dead_Origins_BOII.jpg

After the Easter Eggs completion Maxis ascends into Agartha and saves Samantha. Now for this post I want the end cut scene ignored, this takes place within the map not outside of it like in the ending. Note Samantha had been controlling the zombies as they had yellow eyes and for other in game reasons. This meant she could control the undead from Agartha. When Maxis saved her he had to enter Agartha. Since he had a greater grasp of this realm and could possibly use it to his advantage he did a number of things. First he wiped the characters memories of the event and sent them back to where they should be. Next he banished the undead from the excavation site as he could control them. Finally he created himself a body again, not just any body mind you but a younger one. This is where him being old came into play.

6609588.jpg

I do not know if this particular image is real but it does like like Maxis and fits in with the theory.

He did this for 2 reasons. The first to pursue improve the human condition as he was meant to, the second was to be a good father to Samantha. It is unknown whether he got married and used his new wife as a fake mother to Sam or not (Her existence probably has been explained and/or will be explained in due time.) As he aged more and more again he realized he needed a younger body again. This is where he aimed to venture to Agartha again which brings us to Buried.

That is my theory if there is anything that I have missed or need to add please reply in the comments and also tell me your opinions. Also yes people believe Origins is in a different universe but I really feel like it is part of our story. After all it is named Origins.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@thegoldensprok115 Yes their is so much more in our story that we haven't seen, zombies still has a lot of twists and turns to offer.

@The Meh I see where you are coming from and though there is some evidence just from Maxis personality and the fact that if Sam still had control of Zombies in Agartha, so must Maxis and he may have even more powers we do not know. We will have to wait for the next game really.

Well, George says it himself. They studied necromancy so perhaps that was through Argarthan ritual or possession.

Not a bad theory, I'm on the fence if that younger picture of Maxis is even legit. But it's not important on how he looks, it's all subjective. In the same way you think the older Maxis is in his 60's, I would argue that a man of that caliber, and many men of study, age fairly bad with the constant stress of research and striving to "better mankind". I would pin him in his mid 40's to early 50's maximum, but again, not too important.

He is just a character that has always been behind the curtains, there isn't much info to go on for Maxis. We know he isn't a good man, he tries, so that makes him not a evil, but he is far from the hero of this story. I just don't see how he could be the one who found info on Argatha, funded the excavation, all to just send the zombies away and forsake all that power.

The story is at a point where it could go any way it wants, does he really better mankind? Doubtful if they want to keep cashing in on the series. It just seems like in the end, he gets his daughter back, and keeps Rictofen as a child. Don't forget, Rictofen was actually a good man at one point, introvert and cautious, and idolized Maxis before 115 and the pyramid itself changed him into the lovable liar we know now.

I think you are on a good track, and hope more can come of it.

Edited by Tattoo247

@Prince Lolz It could be but for once Treayarch may not be playing fast and loose, I do not see why it has to be in another universe.

1. Blatent disrigard for the rest of the story

2. Giant robots in ww1 and nobody remebered?

3. You really think maxis would make zombies if they encountered them before? No. He would kill it and stay as far away as possible.

4. Richtofen does not recognize the others

5. 115 is blue now.

Ectectect.

As much as i like the idea of it being the same, it just cannot work. (Although my personal thought is origins is the world samantha, maxis, and the o4 + richtofens body got banished too, but thats a topic for another day)

Our characters had their memory erased and notice how Richtofen is a lot calmer in this map. I believe he has multiple personalities and in Origins we see Eddy the Liar. In the rest of the maps we see the normal Richtofen who thinks it best to keep Origins away from the characters as he withholds the truth, like how he hides his goals from them. Next Maxis could have also erased a lot of Origins from history while in Agartha, he still may retain his memory though after this and become obsessed with getting to Agartha later in life. 115 is blue and I believe it can be more than one color but in the introduction in Shino Numa it is blue which I have no explanation for as of yet, remember we have time for this as zombies isn't over yet. Finally of course Richtofen doesn't recognize the characters they just met.

Btw to back up my Richtofens has MPD look at how in the Origins intro he looks at his hands as if he doesn't know whats going off and listen to some of the quotes he makes.

Of course, it all could fit in if you tried hard enough i just dont see it. In my personal version of the story as mentioned before it does play a big role just not in the way you expect. Its a big relationship between buried and origins, fitting in the easter eggs. Maxis desires to find his daughter even if it means destroying the world... And samantha just wants her dad, shes still a little girl. So its this big which came first the chicken or the egg situation with the two stories.

I wish Treyarch would be a little more straightforward. I mean it's cool they want to keep a little mystery in there, I get that. But I'm just worried the next game is going to give us more curve balls and nothing concrete.

Anyways, I'm still gonna stick with Nightmare on this one. I just don't see how Origins would be in a different universe. I mean it's called "Origins" right? Sam: "I'm going to show you all how it really began". That line basically says that the story we all have known prior to Origins is the twisted story. Almost like someone has lied to us all along.

But anything is possible

Edited by thegoldenspork115

@thegoldenspork115 There is one thing though, all the maps take place in maps with merged timelines. Tranzit looks like the 60s but with lots of fire and fog. Die Rise is a mix of many timelines in China up until 2025. Mob of the Dead even has perks it shouldn't and has the obvious demonic type theme. Then Buried is the easiest. Its a western town, pushed under Living Stone mine, in Africa! Then we get to Origins which is very much like the future merged with the past. My theory is even if it isn't in our timeline, the characters may be in our timeline through other means, like a map for example. But that is just a theory.

• 4 weeks later...