Pack a Punch varient?

Black ops 2 brought in the feature to give weapons a random attachment, but made it only work on 2025 weapons for canon's sake. Seriously screw that, in the next game pap should respin any gun, and you should be able to choose your attachments. For example: Press X then A for acog, X then B for rapid fire, X twice for no attachment, and X then Y for reflex. That was just an example, and i dont think it should outright tell you, so you have to experiment to see what each weapon gets from which button.

Furthermore I feel like the pap on its own is great... Until about round 30. And i know loads of people feel the same way, so some sort of machine or way to upgrade further would be cool. One idea I had was a mysterious fountain, which you bring a gun (papped or not does not matter) and a 115 crystal to it and it would upgrade it to its ultimate form. And the crystal would not be easy to get, it would be like a mini easter egg with 3 or 4 steps. Just an idea.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random attachments work great IMO, you can't have everything in life handed to you. 

In the next game they should include a whole line of additional attachments to get from the machine: 

Sonic attachment: Allows one to blast zombies away, attaches to LMGs, 5 rounds.

Ray gun attachment: A mini ray-gun to accompany multiple weapons, attaches to  pistols and SMGs, 1 clip of 20.

Flame thrower attachment: A small heat source that slowly burns zombies, attaches to Launchers and LMGs, 10 sec. reload.

Gersh attachment: "Blinks" away one zombie with a melee attack. Pistols and Shotguns. recharge 1 every 10 sec.

Then they need to implement new things: Tomahawk: From the box, can be used like the ballistics knives for melee and toss damage, when upgraded once it becomes the hell's retriever, and twice: The redeemer.  

One I had was where a machine would take a sample of your blood and whatever perks you had would effect your gun. For example if you had Speed Cola and PHD Flopper it would give an even faster reload and give your gun a grenade launcher. It would also have a small vial of blood attached to it which would be where the enhanced energy came from. I had not decided whether your perks would be taken away due to this or if you could re-buy them but it would add a new challenge.

I like the blood sample! But the randomness is frustrating, and i feel at the very least it should randomize to each attachment before returning to one that has been done before. I have had to pap 15+ timed to get iron sights on the dsr, which is just stupid. And again as i was saying more variety should be implimented, like select fire on the epc wn would have been cool. Or a sniper scope on the mnesia.

Yeah I see what you mean, maybe you can find attachments around a map kind of like Extinction or something like the soul chest from Origins rewards. Without a machine to give attachments it is hard to do and thinking of a machine isn't easy. I will try to think of an idea today and reply it here.

I'm with Stop mockin me0.

The thing with BO2 is the low diversity in attachments. Just add a lot more and I'll be happy.
No matter if they're stupid or useless things. Like a laser beam that does nothing, or an underbarrel shotgun like with the PaPd AUG.

I think that Zombies is great for the number of outcomes every match can have; enhancing the PaP will make it a lot more fun, imo. 

Maybe giving the option to the player of choosing how he wants his weapon but that would cost a lot more.

Idk, there are a lot of options Treyarch can use to make a great Zombies comeback. 

Eh. I still think if attachment A, is the first thing you randomly get, it should pop out attachments B, C, and D at random before picking A again. Its frustrating to get it swapped between reflex and no attachments 10 times in a row in bo2. Skipping over target finder and acog. And again I agree a large variety needs to appear, and like i said to begin with... If old weapons appear in 2015 zombies then make them double packable.

Eh. I still think if attachment A, is the first thing you randomly get, it should pop out attachments B, C, and D at random before picking A again. Its frustrating to get it swapped between reflex and no attachments 10 times in a row in bo2. Skipping over target finder and acog. And again I agree a large variety needs to appear, and like i said to begin with... If old weapons appear in 2015 zombies then make them double packable.

that's what I said….

One if the things that I would like to see, which was in W@W MP, but not in zombies was the bayonet attachment. I for one am tired of knifing the undead with a Bowie knife, and waiting to recover to strike again. It would be nice to be able to attach a Bowie knife on to the end of an AR or a shotgun. Faster recover times could mean life and death.

I would like to see ammo type variations included in the attachment cycle for Double-PaP. Some examples could be:

Assault rifles could get Full metal jacket which gives more damage through penetration and increases the number of zombies through which a single bullet can travel.

Shotguns could get Birdshot, which slightly decreases damage per pellet and increases spread, but doubles the number of pellets. Or slugs, which are self-explanatory. Dragon's breath could be an option on more than just the Olympia. Flechette or dart rounds could do something as well.

SMGs could have tracers, which I guess would only be helpful in an atmospheric sense (improving visibility on a dark map rather than altering the gun's function) They could also have Hollowpoint (pistols too) which deal more damage but have no penetration.

Also it should clearly indicate which one it gives you. Sometimes I can't even tell which attachment I have when Double-PaPing.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea of different ammo types. If the gun were to receive different ammo upon PaP, it could be incendiary. Or why not make it like extreme bullet ricochet where the bullets bounce from the walls and zombies (Either of those might be a worthwhile perk)

I love that idea. The ricochet bullets thing. It would add an all new experience in killing. Double Tap 3.0 anyone?

I like the idea of different ammo types. If the gun were to receive different ammo upon PaP, it could be incendiary. Or why not make it like extreme bullet ricochet where the bullets bounce from the walls and zombies (Either of those might be a worthwhile perk)

I love that idea. The ricochet bullets thing. It would add an all new experience in killing. Double Tap 3.0 anyone?

More like deadshot 2.0!