Map Ideas

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see a subway system that has a transport system similar to the bus in tranzit. Except the subway visits different major cities with police blockades to stop you a certain distance from the subway stairs. Also different weapons at each stop where there would always be one by the exiting stairs. A bullet train would be fun. Also I just joined the forums just so I could post this. Please acknowledge it.thanks and I hope to hear back. I will be back to check up on this forum...

Edited by dani3ld3w

Without details, I'd love a hospital map, like Electric Jesus said, and a school map.

Sure, it's kinda hard for them to be history related, but we went to the moon. Give me my school map. :(

Also a circus would be great. I don't know, after Alcatraz Island, I understood that Zombies CAN be kinda spooky, I want more of that feeling.

I would like to see a subway system that has a transport system similar to the bus in tranzit. Except the subway visits different major cities with police blockades to stop you a certain distance from the subway stairs. Also different weapons at each stop where there would always be one by the exiting stairs. A bullet train would be fun. Also I just joined the forums just so I could post this. Please acknowledge it.thanks and I hope to hear back. I will be back to check up on this forum...

I really like the idea of a subway system, but they could easily make the same mistake as on TranZit, by making a map mostly consisting of empty space. I would like it if the tunnels were completely inaccessible unless you are in the train itself. That way the train feels more like a transitional piece, yet still part of the map, rather than a compensatory tool for the map's largely inconvenient design. TranZit was by no means a bad map, but the bus system was a but tedious. A bullet train could fix that.

Plus a subway system is such a simple yet workable idea. It's a common scene for horror movies, and offers opportunities for layout diversity like multiple levels, ticket checkpoints, escalators, etc. Also it's generally claustrophobic.

As for accessing different cities, I think it's ridiculous that we've been through time and space in zombies, but haven't set foot in a goddamn city. Large clustered living areas are always hell in a virus outbreak, which is why they are usually dead more rapidly in zombie outbreak scenarios. I can imagine a bunch of abandoned cities at varied stages of panic. One is desserted, one had gridlock traffic, one is burned / looted, and one is a goddamn warzone.

TL;DR love the idea. Please stick around.

I remember writing a zombie map in my first story. It was my school, but of course, the apocalypse already happened, so it was abandoned. But Richtofen, deciding to be a jerk, sucked the main group(My OCs and Ghost Samantha, in my story, rather than switching bodies, Samantha's body disappeared, leaving her soul to search for a new body, and Richtofen was able to control the Aether outside the MPD.) into a portal that took them to the zombie map school. I won't go too into details, but it had the 4 original perks, black ops 2 wall weapons, and Pack a Punch. Except guns got different attachments and some guns not in game or in multiplayer were in it. And the zombies were dressed in casual clothes, some in jerseys, as a football game was going on before the zombies came, and some dressed in marching uniforms(basically the main group was killing their undead friends).

Edited by JHock115

If it was a college map it would be impossible to distinguish between zombies and human survivors. Ramen + Alcohol = living dead.

It would be cool to see a modern suburb. Imagine a more destroyed version of the 'Burbs from the MW2 campaign. You could access a residential street, and a shopping center with restaurants / shops. The map would be not huge, but large in terms of accessible area. You could go in over a dozen houses, and several stores / gas stations, with multiple floors each, accessible roofs, parking lots, back yards, etc.

I want dat.