Adjust team death match length.

Hi. 83457 here opining on my favorite game mode of cod; tdm.

I am really liking the larger maps in ghosts, but i find that the 10 minute timer and 75 point max score are too short for Ghosts.

I loved playing 'spawn in a box' on bo2, running around all Willy nilly for a few minutes like a headless chicken, shooting anything and everything that moves. You spawned looking at someone or someone was looking at you. Tiny maps, lots of quick excitement.

But i love the other end too; moving stealthily around the map, holding down an area. Not getting shot from behind on every kill that I'm making.

But with the large maps and more 'pro' style of play needed, i feel that the games should be 100 points or more.

What i see in me and my cod friends is this; when we play, we play for hours, not a few minutes. We end up spending more time trying to get in a good map/avoiding troll maps than we do actually playing.

Frankly, that's not right.

So, even though nobody who can affect this will probably ever read this post, that is one thing this game needs: lengthy tdm games.

Thanks for reading.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. 83457 here opining on my favorite game mode of cod; tdm.

I am really liking the larger maps in ghosts, but i find that the 10 minute timer and 75 point max score are too short for Ghosts.

I loved playing 'spawn in a box' on bo2, running around all Willy nilly for a few minutes like a headless chicken, shooting anything and everything that moves. You spawned looking at someone or someone was looking at you. Tiny maps, lots of quick excitement.

But i love the other end too; moving stealthily around the map, holding down an area. Not getting shot from behind on every kill that I'm making.

But with the large maps and more 'pro' style of play needed, i feel that the games should be 100 points or more.

What i see in me and my cod friends is this; when we play, we play for hours, not a few minutes. We end up spending more time trying to get in a good map/avoiding troll maps than we do actually playing.

Frankly, that's not right.

So, even though nobody who can affect this will probably ever read this post, that is one thing this game needs: lengthy tdm games.

Thanks for reading.

agree, but my goodness that is what became annoying about games on stonehaven.  TDM games that ended 21-15.  good grief, I understand the tacticality and strategy can be fun, but once people got their ghillie suits, it was ghillie suit, ghost, the deal that makes you invisible to thermal scopes, silencers, and then you have 10 minutes of nobody moving or shooting,  Same on some other maps too just to a lesser extent. 

I get that the spawn in a box style gets a bit old, but its really only on the small maps like nuketown, the boat, etc. most are just fine like slums,turbine, etc.    Id rather have too much action than not enough imo.

lengthen the TDM games, and keep the large maps, and all of a sudden COD starts to look too much like Battlefield

I think something like a modified blitz TDM could be fun.  not 20 seconds, but like a 1-2 minute timer, and if you don't get a kill by that time, you have 15 seconds to abandon your immediate area of you get mortared or something.  that way you could camp, and as long as you're shooting and killing you can stay, but if you stay for too long without a kill you have to relocate.... 

Yeah, i agree on the Stonehaven point. But i am okay with that because i play to play, not massage my precious kdr. If nobody moves on Stonehaven (I've done my share of sitting lonesome, starting down my sniper scope), i change to run and gun and make fun happen.

I would best respond to what you said by saying that i am okay with the slow games too. I first played cod during waw, which is mostly giant maps. One could have a 1 on 1 from a distance without interference from others.

I can always throw bo2 back in or get a game on Stikezone for a faster pace.

But even on small maps, i would like more time.

Using bo2 as an example (i loved it, I'm not bitching, just using an example): i join a game, 5 minutes left. Spawn, shot in back, spawn on live grenade, spawn in killstreak, spawn, shot in back. Okay, 20 seconds have passed and I'm down 4. My best bet is to leave.

With a nice long 20 minute/150 kill game, i have time to recover. Time to get killstreaks and rack up a positive kdr.

As is, i leave 10 games because i hate the map or 1 team is at 65+ or I join with 1 minute on the clock.

I would love even endless games; join, kill until you get your fill, leave.

So, I completely understand your point and agree with it, but would also love to see some more long-time games.

Even a good domination game can take a while, i don't get why tdm is kept so short. There are plenty of short games like blitz, reinforce, for those who want fast and furious. I just wish there was a little more love for the 'soak in the experience' players like me to immerse in.

Played zombies for up to 9 hour games. Safeguard, extinction last 30 to 60+ minutes. That's what i prefer is all.

Thanks for reading/responding.

Yeah, i agree on the Stonehaven point. But i am okay with that because i play to play, not massage my precious kdr. If nobody moves on Stonehaven (I've done my share of sitting lonesome, starting down my sniper scope), i change to run and gun and make fun happen.

I would best respond to what you said by saying that i am okay with the slow games too. I first played cod during waw, which is mostly giant maps. One could have a 1 on 1 from a distance without interference from others.

I can always throw bo2 back in or get a game on Stikezone for a faster pace.

But even on small maps, i would like more time.

Using bo2 as an example (i loved it, I'm not bitching, just using an example): i join a game, 5 minutes left. Spawn, shot in back, spawn on live grenade, spawn in killstreak, spawn, shot in back. Okay, 20 seconds have passed and I'm down 4. My best bet is to leave.

With a nice long 20 minute/150 kill game, i have time to recover. Time to get killstreaks and rack up a positive kdr.

As is, i leave 10 games because i hate the map or 1 team is at 65+ or I join with 1 minute on the clock.

I would love even endless games; join, kill until you get your fill, leave.

So, I completely understand your point and agree with it, but would also love to see some more long-time games.

Even a good domination game can take a while, i don't get why tdm is kept so short. There are plenty of short games like blitz, reinforce, for those who want fast and furious. I just wish there was a little more love for the 'soak in the experience' players like me to immerse in.

Played zombies for up to 9 hour games. Safeguard, extinction last 30 to 60+ minutes. That's what i prefer is all.

Thanks for reading/responding.

Hmm, now that is a really intriguing idea.  Now I don't know how a team game could be incorporated with this if it's unlimited (i guess you could technically have "teams" even though no team score is kept since it's infinite)  but that is actually a kind of cool idea.  Make there be a queue to enter the game, and when one person leaves the first person in the queue takes their place.  This would accomplish a couple of things 1)  always 6 on 6 or 8 on 8 or whatever.  never have a crazy mismatch team numbers wise. 2) eliminate like you said the getting thrown into a game that is 72-16 and almost over. 

I really like this idea actually !

To the point of making all the TDM games longer, now that is something i'd be ok with!  It was really mainly the annoyance with stonehaven and possibly a couple other maps that there just isnt any action on because of the nature of the map.

I think its time to take this infinite deathmatch idea and run with it though! lol

I'll be happy with either long or infinite.

Probably long would be best. Infinite tend to be like private and not count (squad points, kdr, unlocks). Really long would still count, or at least that's how they tend to be set up.

Camping bots in bo2, we would set it at 250-300, which gave plenty of time to get our fill of killstreaks and be ready for a map change.

Sadly, ghosts only goes to 150 in private. Bo2 could go to 1000. You could always set it to infinite or 30 minutes.

Edited by 83457