Future weapons: Past, or future?

Poll:   

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Big issue of the next game: What kind of weapons do we want? Do we want a plethora of new weapons like in BO2 like the Mtar, the  LSAT, the HAMMER and ect.   OR do we want to see more of the older weapons like the Hk21, the Thompson, the Double barrel shotgun, ect. 

OR: Do we want to see re-imagined weapons of the old? Such as an auto-matic Double barrel shotgun, a Multi-drum thompson, and a pressurized PtRs? I like this idea, because now trayarch can host the game in an alternate 1980s style gameplay where weapons were developed differently and different wars had different outcomes.. Like wolfenstein but nazis don't rule the world. Maybe communist? 

Tell me what YOU want to see. 

Personally I think we should have both, using the whole custom-class-and-box set up that I don't want to talk about again… But allows one to switch between old and new weapons of different varieties. 

Edited by Stop mocking me0
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Origins and MotD broke the time barrier with the box so badically any gun from any time can appear on any map. Now what I would LIKE to see is this: plenty of new guns from the next game's MP, with more futuristic guns like lasers and such rather than just normal ballistic weapons that happen to be from the future. I also want a mix of classics. In BOII they only brought back a few classics, all of which were fairly generic up until MotD. They should bring back weapons that stand out more, like the Browning or the Crossbow. Generic weapons like the Galil could easily be replaced by a futuristic weapon, but simply keep their name for nostalgic purposes. I want a legitimate revival of a past weapon's functionality.

So I want both, but I want it to be more "extreme." In addition to the standard arsenal, bring back the most outrageous weapons from the past and some new futuristic ones. Honestly there's no point bringing back a normal ballistic weapon that doesn't have any notable special properties, as it could just as easily be replaced. It has to have a uniqueness to it.

If I remember correctly. CoD4 did something like this. Multiplayer had all those modern day weapons in it, but they also had the STG-44, which had no attachments due to it being old. Some zombie maps also did this, like Call of the Dead(Which was set March 17, 1996) and Kino(The 1960s) had the MP40 in it, which was a WW2 Weapon. I would like to see them bring past weapons like the PPsh or the Model 1887, some old weapon and modernize it, but still keep it as is(Like the PPsh with modern grip and metal finish or the Model 1887 with a tactical rail for sight attachments. I like old weapons and some new weapons, but advanced warfare will give us a ton of unknown future guns, so maybe a futuristic version of an old weapon would be cool.

I want future weapons. Black ops 2 sorta pissed me off with the weapon selection, I mean if they wanted the FAL why not the FAL OSW? Ballistic knife should have been updated, future crossbow definitely should have made an appearance. MSMC, Vector KIO, ORB whatever, ect. The galil, FAL, old ballistic, olympia, m14, python, ect all appeared and it was quite disappointing to see them over new weapons.

I'd like a mix like all of you! But I'd like to see more different wall weapons. I don't understand why WaW and BO1 had different starting room weapons, but BO2 had the same as BO1.

They could've put the KSG or remington as the starting shotgun, and the smr/ fal osw as the m14, just decrease/increase power as needed.

I'd like a mix like all of you! But I'd like to see more different wall weapons. I don't understand why WaW and BO1 had different starting room weapons, but BO2 had the same as BO1.

They could've put the KSG or remington as the starting shotgun, and the smr/ fal osw as the m14, just decrease/increase power as needed.

The SMR instead of the M14 and the S12 instead of the Olympia. The S12 and SMR are bad to begin with in zombies, why not make them wall weapons.

@JHock115

The S12 is good. If you're willing to wait for a Max ammo every time you run out, which is really quickly.

The SMR...uhhh. Uhhhhhhh.uhhhhhhhhhhh. No. *facepalm* that's basically a big middle finger from the boys at Treyarch. xD

The SMR in action:

1) Player shoots straight forward.

2) bullet somehow Curves so far, it hits the wall behind him...

Lmao. On the other hand, I would like to see future weapons with classics brought back. A bad example of this was the M1927, which is NOT a Thompson. I mean that really showed how cheap Treyarch was on DLC 2. The reveal showed the gun being called Tommy Gun. When it comes out, it goes by the name M1927. Wtf. Fuck the terminology though, it's just not the same as the incredible weapon from WAW.

Another thing I'd like to see is more wonder weapons in each map. Kinda like in CotD.

Edited by thegoldenspork115

I suppose it would depend on when the next game is based. I personally prefer the older weapons, but I did quite like using the PDW on Buried and Die Rise. So I wouldn't be completely opposed to having future weapons in there. I guess a balance is what's needed,I would quite like to see the FG42 back but that is probably never going to happen.

It has long been a dream of mine to see a call of duty where we will see EVERY SINGLE weapon known to man from WWI through modern combat, and it gives you settings, which would change the weapons in the game. For say, we play a new zombies map using WWI weapons, a wall weapon would be the M1903 Springfield; then next game you switch it to modern, and instead of a Springfield, you see a M40A5. And it let you use a mix of both weapons if preferred as well.

It has long been a dream of mine to see a call of duty where we will see EVERY SINGLE weapon known to man from WWI through modern combat, and it gives you settings, which would change the weapons in the game. For say, we play a new zombies map using WWI weapons, a wall weapon would be the M1903 Springfield; then next game you switch it to modern, and instead of a Springfield, you see a M40A5. And it let you use a mix of both weapons if preferred as well.

Absolutely awesome idea

I'd like to see that incorporated alongside a series of reskins like nuketown 2025. Change the map's setting, loadout, and theme but keep layout the same.

Again, it doesn't really matter what time period a weapon is from. They could easily replace the FN FAL With the OSW, but why bother? they effectively act the same. I'd rather they make the futuristic weapons be more outrageously futuristic, like the explosive flechette shotgun from the campaign, or that sort of thing. Bullet weapons are always going to fill a variety of roles (cqb, long range, etc) and there will always be a weapon to fill these roles regardless of what it is called / looks like. We should be more concerned about weapons that are either ancient or futuristic to the point of total uniqueness in terms of practicality and use.

I like how it is currently where it's mainly a selection of that CoD's weapons, plus a few oldies. I like how they're putting in Snipers and Pistols as Wall Weapons though, it changes the dynamic up. But I would be up for a custom selection where you can set the box to WW2, Cold War or Future Weapons.

Also I agree about the Thompson/M1927 thing. I found it weird how it's considered another weapon altogether when it's just a Thompson with a Drum Mag (which could've just been an added attachment from the box like Origins Box Weapons). Which apparently makes it get it's own PaP form (Gibs-O-Matic vs. Speakeasy). Yet BO2 weapons don't change when they get different attachments from PaP.
Also the MP40 and STG-44 retain both their normal and PaP names. Very weird.

I don't understand that. Why have the M1927 when you could just as easily put the Thompson W/ Drum Mag in the game. I like the M1927, it fit MotD, but really, they had to bring it into Origins? They should've just updated the Thompson and Gibs-o-Matic like they did with the Mp40 and Stg-44(Someone said that already but I 'm agreeing with it and saying it again).

I also think that the maps should have weapons that fit the timeline. Like Origins, it was freaking WW! and they had 2025 weapons in it! "Well, 115 was able to bring weapons from different dimensions and times and placed them in a box." SO?! A freaking War Machine does not belong in WW1, it belongs in 2025 like it was introduced. I know that that would mean a lot more weapons would have to be made, but half of the zombies weapons were past guns, but updated to fit the game engine, and origins took guns from Black Ops(That were also in WaW), and updated them to the new engine(EXCEPT THE THOMPSON!) I would also like to be able to play a map and choose what type of weapons I want to use. Oh I want to use shotguns only. Enter it in and the game locks down all non shotgun wall guns and makes shotguns the only thing in the box. Handguns only? Make the box only have pistols. Snipers? DSR, Barett, SVU, and M14 only(M14 classifies as a sniper to the characters).