The Rise of Richtofen: The story behind CoD Zombies

Guest Shooter

STOP! Before you get reading I need to make sure you know the deal. This is a rough draft of what I've been working on here at CoDz. It's two months in the works, and has been a giant headache putting it together. I can't tell you how many times I had to go back and delete something I took awhile to write because I found evidence to the contrary. With the upcoming zombies info coming in fast, I figure it's best to get this out now and then just to continue to work as we go.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]It's a formatting disaster, and there's probably some minor spelling errors sprinkled in, but I've been kinda rushed to get this out so please be patient. I need to add in alot of details, and if you have ANY suggestions at all (besides formatting stuff for now) please let me know. I'm open to any and all comments and am going to rely on you guys to help fill the cracks as there is still some stuff I'm iffy about.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]I have always strived to provide as much in-game evidence to support any theory I have. After all, it's the best evidence. I've studied the quotes religiously. Viewed terminal files on a daily basis, torn apart CJ's soundfile videos, all in the search for answers. Over the past year and half it's been a bit of an obsession for me, and the passion is stronger than ever.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]One more thing, just gotta thank a few guys now (ill make a thanks section later). Biggest thanks easily goes to Brad (Tac). This is my go to guy for anything storyline related. I learned everything from this man. Not only taught me the story, but how to build threads that work well. I don't get to talk to him much besides on Skype as he has left CoDz, but I sure hope he reads this. Quite often you'll see his ideas shine in this thread, and I'll leave references links for each one. Miss ya buddy!

Also gotta thank the following guys, who through discussion here and on Skype, have helped progress the library of knowledge of what we know about this storyline: Blind, Mac, Mix, Eye, Rissole, MurderMachineX, and Alpha and Faust. I may have wrote this thread, but WE wrote this storyline.

Here we go.

1939. Lower Silisia, Near Breslau, Germany

Under Group 935, testing at Der Riese begins with Dr. Maxis in charge of operations, and Dr. Richtofen as his second hand man. Der Riese aka "The Giant" was the host of Die Glocke, or "The Bell" project. Dr. Maxis makes his introductory speech to the newly chosen mebers of Group 935:

Dr. Maxis: "Gentlemen, allow me to take this opportunity to welcome you group nine three five. This is a prestigious moment in the history of our race. You represent the future of technological advancement. You are the pioneers of human discovery. In your hands lies the destiny of mankind. In our hands is a great power and with that power comes a price. You have volunteered to be part of this great experiment and with that decision comes the responsibility of absolute secrecy. No one is to know what you do, where you work, what our research has discovered, or what our purpose will be. You will have no further contact with your governments or with your families. Your decision to fully dedicate your lives to Group 935 is absolute. In your lockers you will find your field ops manual which will direct you should our manifesto get compromised. We cannot afford to let this power fall into the wrong hands and therefore the field ops manual should be considered your bible. Make your preparations now. A new dawn is beginning for mankind. [1]

group935.jpg

Group 935 was a scientific research group based out of Germany. Group 935 was orginally formed to help improve the human condition. But early in it's development, it began recieving funding from the Nazi Party. Their main objectives were to create an Undead Army, build the DG2 for mass production, and to successfully make a Matter Transference Prototype(MTP) Teleporter. Dr. Ludvig Maxis was the head scientist at Group 935 and ran most experiments, with the help of his assistant, Dr. Edward Richtofen. Maxis is believed to have created the Ray Gun, and created the 31-79 JGb215 Shrink Ray. Dr. Edward Richtofen was Dr. Maxis' assistant in Group 935. He invented the Wunderwaffe DG-2, the Monkey Bomb, and the QED. Richtofen has always had a dark past, long before working in Group 935 on their controversial experiments.

225pxnzrichtofen.png

"Dr. Richtofen, known affectionately as "The Butcher" to his victims as they scream in agony moments before he snuffs out their light. All through his career, Richtofen has been at the forefront of torture and information extraction research. Richtofen is an incurable sociopath and sees no moral distinction between natural death and murder; the victim is the victim, regardless of how their demise manifests itself.

Doctor Richtofen has a collection of stuffed animals, most of them posed in positions of terror at the instant of their death."[2]

Der Riese Facility. December 4, 1939

Dr. Richtofen is in charge of creating a working MTP teleporter, as well as designing and creating the Wunderwaffe DG2 weapon. Maxis' main focus will be to create an undead army. On December 4, 1939, Dr Richtofen. , with the help of another 935 scientist Dr. Schuster, continue their testing of the MTP. After more than a hundred failed attempts, the two scientists decide dial down the weight. They decide to test on a walnut to prove that teleportation is actually possible.

Edward Richtofen: "Log entry 38. Date: December 4, 1939.

The matter transferring prototype is prepared for test run number 151. We have now reduced our test subject's mass to prove that this is possible. Dr. Schuster, please give an overview."

Dr. Schuster: "Yes Dr. Richtofen. We have a new test subject, a walnut, weighing in at 10 grams. The target platform is now at three feet with no obstructions. We have one microgram of the element which, according to our calculations, will be entirely used up during the test."

Edward Richtofen: "Excellent Dr Schuster. Commence test number 151."

Dr. Schuster: "Yes, Doctor. Please insert your earplugs."

(Buzzing, whizzing, clanging, and propelling are heard)

Dr. Schuster: "Good God! We've done it! We have powered a prototype. And it moved a walnut directly from the prototype device into the receiving device. It moved instantly. It... it teleported."

Edward Richtofen: "Get me Dr. Maxis immediately!" [3]

The test is a success, and the walnut is teleported thirty feet away from his original location. Dr. Richtofen is anxious to tell Maxis of the successful teleportation. Richtofen believes a big breakthrough has been made in moving forward with the production of the MTP.

Ludwig Maxis: "But this is not the crucial experiment you were supposed to be working on..."

Edward Richtofen: "With all due respect, Doctor Maxis, this is a breakthrough of unimaginable proportions."

Ludwig Maxis: (Sarcastically) "What? That you moved a walnut a few feet? Yes, Edward, we will improve the human condition by revolutionizing the walnut industry. I can see it now: 'Edward's Walnut Delivery."

Edward Richtofen: "Don't be obtuse."

Ludwig Maxis: (Angrily) "How dare you call me that! We are at war, Edward! (slightly calmer) I will admit that there is promise here but until this war is won..."

Edward Richtofen: "Correct me if I'm wrong, Doctor Maxis, but Group 935 is a research organization with what was the motto to improve the human condition. What business of ours is it?"

Ludwig Maxis: (In a defeated voice) "Fine, Doctor Richtofen, I will let you in on a little administrative secret: we are finalizing a deal with the Nazi party. We need funding, we need equipment, they need new weapons. Chances are this war will end soon with a treaty or two and we will be in a much better position to help the world."

Edward Richtofen: "Are you certain this won't cause massive defections? We have scientists from all over the world working with us."

Ludwig Maxis: "That is why it is with the utmost confidence that I share this with you. No one will know of this. This is simply the breaking of an egg to make an omelet."

Edward Richtofen: "Think of the tactical advantage we will have..."

Ludwig Maxis: "Think of the cost, think of the time! We can provide the Nazis tactical expertise in various areas without putting all our eggs in your (angrily) walnut basket. Good day, Edward, and get back to your real work."

(Feet hitting the ground and a door slamming can be heard)

Edward Richtofen: "What a jerk. I think Doctor Maxis has lost his perspective. No matter... we will do this on our own and publish the findings before he has a chance to..."

Dr. Schuster: "You're not suggesting that Dr. Maxis would steal this technology and perfect this without us, are you?"

Edward Richtofen: "I would by no means discourage that thought. Great scientists must stick together and achieve great science." [4]

However, Dr. Maxis is not impressed by Richtofen's so-called "breakthrough". Maxis criticizes Richtofen's accomplishments, and insists that bigger strides need to be made if the war will be won in their favour.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]Richtofen is a bit put off by this, as he was under the impression that Group 935 was meant to improve the human condition, and not win some war. Maxis reveals that they are recieving funding from the Nazi party in exchange for the newest advanced weapons, more specifically the DG-2. But Maxis does not have any plans to release the DG-2 or help the Nazi Party, but rather use them for funding for Group 935 and wait out a resolution to the war. Once a treaty is made, then Group 935 can help improve the human condition.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]Edward is concerned this might cause problems within the Group 935 organization, but ends up playing along with Maxis' reasonings for the Nazi backing. Maxis tells him to get back to developing a working MTP, one capable of more than walnuts. Edward ultimately decides to publish their findings independently. Richtofen is wary that Maxis would steal his ideas.

Der Riese Facility. January 5, 1940

A month has passed since the successful teleportation of the walnut, and Richtofen and Schuster have made progress in reaching their first human testing. However, there is now mounting pressure from Dr. Maxis to reach their goal of human teleportation. Despite concerns from Schuster, Richtofen decides to use himself as the first human test subject. Richtofen does get teleported, however he does not return across the room at Der Riese, but somewhere much, much further away.

Edward Richtofen: "Entry 42. Date: January 4th, 1940. Dr. Schuster and I, despite mounting pressure from Dr. Maxis, have continued working on the matter transference prototype. We have made great strides in the last thirty days and are ready for our first human subject. If our calculations are correct, we will send a test subject to the receptacle station sitting thirty yards away and behind a cinder-block wall."

Dr. Schuster: "Are you certain you want to do this, Dr. Richtofen?"

Edward Richtofen: "Nein, Dr. Schuster, this must be done. Quickly, put in your earplugs and power up the machine."

(Teleporting noise is heard)

Edward Richtofen: "Is there a power outage? Why is it so dark? I feel almost... weightless. How very unexpected. Dr. Schuster? Hello?" [5]

Moon. Pre-Griffin Station. January 5, 1940

moonpyramiddevice.jpg

(Clicking can be heard)

Edward Richtofen: "Ah, I can see now. Oh my god. I am standing in a circular cave, surrounded by some kind of machine like, it's like nothing I've ever seen before. It looks almost alien in nature. There's a pyramid structure at the center of the room. I'm going to try and carefully touch it."

(Shock is heard as Richtofen touches it)

Edward Richtofen: "Ahhh. Static electricity. It's sharp to the touch. Very cold. Not a speck of dust."

(Richtofen bangs on it)

Edward Richtofen: "Hmm, might be hollow. The chamber's quite large. I see what looks like capacitors at the ceiling of the chamber. There are no obvious connections to anything electrical. What is this place? Dr. Schuster, is that you? Dr. Schuster! Look at this. It appears to be covered in some kind of hieroglyphic language. I've not seen anything like it before. Why are you whispering to me? There's no need for that."

(Odd noise is heard)

Edward Richtofen: "What is this? Do you hear that? It sounds like..."

(Loud static and noise is heard)

Edward Richtofen: "My god, what happened? I seem to be in some kind of jungle. I can't be certain of where I am."

(Jungle noises are heard)

Edward Richtofen: "Oh no!" [5]

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]After, Richtofen is teleported from Der Riese, he ends up at the Moon inside the cave system of the power room. At first it is dark, but then Richtofen begins to see his surroundings. Griffin Station has not yet been created, but the pyramid is there. The MPD Vril pyramid was built long before Griffin Station was ever constructed on the Moon.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]Foolishly, Richtofen decides to touch the ancient pyramid, and recieves a sharp shock. He describes the pyramid as very cold, and clean, with not a speck of dust on it. A moment later, he bangs on the Vril pyramid again, but this time he does not get shocked. It is at this point that Richtofen first begins to hear the voices, long before any on the maps. Richtofen hears a voice with him in the dark cave within the Moon. The darkness of the room makes it impossible to see, but Richtofen assumes it's Schuster. However, all he describes hearing is whispers. These are the voices first beginning to talk to Richtofen throughout the story.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]Suddenly, Richtofen gets teleported once again from his Moon destination to "some kind of jungle". The jungle he is describing is Shangri-La's.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]When he arrives at the temple, the water can be heard in the background, and what sounds like a tribe or group of people approaching him. It's unsure exactly what happens while at Shangri La, but Richtofen manages to convince the local people of the jungle temple that he is a god. In honor of Richtofen's god-like stature, they build a shrine in his honor at the entrance of the temple chamber.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]During his time away from Der Riese, he learns many secrets of the ancient Vril-ya and their artifacts. Richtofen learns of the Aether, and the power that it holds.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]Richtofen is gone for more than 2 weeks from the time since he first teleported from Der Riese. It's not until 19 days later that Richtofen contacts Dr. Schuster at Der Riese.

Der Riese. January 23, 1940

Dr. Schuster: "Log Entry 43. Date: January 23rd, 1940. I cannot be certain what happened to Dr. Richtofen. Once the test was commenced, he just disappeared from the machine into thin air. I have searched the area for days and have no evidence that he is anywhere. I am afraid I might have to scrap the-"

(Banging is heard)

Edward Richtofen: "Don't stop anything. We have done something, something wonderous. Shhh. Do you hear them?"

Dr. Schuster: "Dr. Richtofen, you're alive!"

Edward Richtofen: "I'm more than alive, Mr. Scheuster. Is the device still intact?"

Dr. Schuster: "Yes, but, what happened to you?"

Edward Richtofen: "Aaah, something wunderbar! That chamber was incredible, the wonders we could learn!"

Dr. Schuster: "What are you talking about? Are you alright?"

Edward Richtofen: "Get in the matter transference prototype, Dr. Schuster. We have work to-"

Dr. Schuster has searched the facility for days in an attempt to find the doctor's body. Just as he is about to call it quits and destroy the prototype, Richtofen's voice comes across the radio. Richtofen tells Schuster to get into the MTP, which he does. Richtofen has realized his master plan, and he knew how he could achieve it.

Griffin Station. January 1942.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]The year is now 1942. Two years have passed since Richtofen first teleported to the Moon. Griffin Station's construction is now complete. Equipment and materials have been brought from Eagle's Nest over the course of the two years to build up the labs of Griffin Station. Rogue Group 935 members lived double lives, working for Maxis and Group 935 at Eagle's Nest, but secretly for Dr. Richtofen at Griffin Station as well.

Dr. Richtofen: "Gentlemen, for two long years we have toiled here and at Eagle's Nest to build up fortifications. For two long years we have taken equipment to build up our labs. For two long years we have worked under Group 935, believing that Dr. Maxis truly wants to help the world. For two long years we've led a double life. Today, that all ends."

(Inaudible conversing is heard from crowd and continues through Richtofen's speaking.)

Dr. Richtofen: "I bring to you what this project is all about. What I have worked to keep from my enemy."

Dr. Groph: "What is it Dr. Richtofen? It looks alien."

Dr. Richtofen: "It is an ancient vril machine. And you, Dr. Groph, are now the lead scientist here at Griffin Station."

(Applause for Dr. Groph is heard.)

Dr. Richtofen: "You will be the one to discover how it works."

(Applause ends.)

Dr. Groph: "We first must discover what it does."

Dr. Richtofen: "Nein, Dr. Groph, I know what it does. It is a direct connection to another dimension."

(Crowd begins conversing again.)

Dr. Groph: "Preposterous!"

Dr. Richtofen: "No more preposterous than teleporting all of you to (Static) Griffin Station."

Dr. Groph: "Is it (*Static*) How do you know what it does?"

Dr. Richtofen: "I found many interesting vril artifacts here. I have decoded them and all signs point to this device being a stable gateway to the Aether"

(Loud conversing again)

Dr. Schuster: "Dr. Richtofen, I am aware of a project being run by Dr. Maxis at Der Riese concerning vril."

Dr. Richtofen: "As am I. I am going back to my port at Group 935 to continue the charade. I will be figuring out just how much information Dr. Maxis has (*Static*) Once the machine is operational, I will enact my plan and return. Gentlemen, let the games begin."

(Applause is heard.)

Dr. Richtofen: "Shhhh, the voices are so loud!"

Richtofen is also informed that Maxis is currently working on a project at Der Riese concerning Vril, and leaves Griffin Station and heads to Der Riese to see what he knows about the matter. He has devised a plan for how to dispose of Maxis, but he must first play along with Maxis' tests until the moment is right.

Der Riese. January, 1942.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]Back at Der Riese, Richtofen is proceeding with his plan, putting on an act during the first of the human testing. The first three subjects die during the experiment put on by Maxis and his assistant Richtofen. Here is a transcript of one of these events:

Dr. Maxis: Initiating test number 3. Subject is within the test chamber. Activate power.

*Teleporter is activated*

Dr. Richtofen: Oh... oh my god!

Dr. Maxis: Get a hold of yourself and clean that up! Test number 3 unsuccessful. Test subject has been reduced to the same state as previous subjects. CLEAN UP THE TEST CHAMBER AND RECALIBRATE THE SYSTEM! Let's do it again.

Dr. Richtofen: Yes, Doctor

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]It's important to take note of who is in charge of calibrating the machine during these tests. It is Richtofen that is entering in the specifications of the test, being ordered to do so by Maxis.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]As we know, Richtofen is already knowledgable in the art of teleportation. He has been transporting people and equipment to Griffin Station for the last two years via teleportation. He knows exactly how to teleport humans. Which also happens to make him the perfect candidate to sabotage the tests. And that is exactly what Richtofen proceeds to do during the first three tests.

During the fourth test, the subject survives, but it is unresponsive to commands by Dr. Maxis.

Dr. Maxis: Stand up.

*zombie moan*

Dr. Maxis: Stand up!

*zombie moan*

Dr. Maxis: Good. Look at me.

*snaps fingers*

Dr. Maxis: Over here! Good. Now walk forward.

*zombie moans and begins to walk*

Dr. Maxis: Excellent. Further. Keep coming.

*zombie hitting something*

Dr. Maxis: It's all right. Stay there.

*zombie screams*

Dr. Maxis: Calm down. I order you...

*zombie screams*

Dr. Maxis: Kill it!

*two gunshots and zombie dies*

Dr. Maxis: Bring me another.

Resources are now beginning to run low on Element 115 at Der Riese. The testings begin to slow, and Maxis decides to reduce the subject mass in order to successfully teleport a subject that will respond to commands. The recuded mass is also necessary as there is only a very small amount of 115 left to test with.

Der Riese. January 20, 1942.

Data Servant File wrote:

***TEST CASE A00001***

“Greetings

“I am ludvig maxis

“today is 20 January 1942

“my daughter has a dog

“it’s name is fluffy

“this is File 1

“for storage in the data

“servant

“I trust in it’s success

***END FILE***

In late January 1942, Dr. Maxis begins to record personal entries in a data servant found winthin Der Riese. In the first entry, which served as a test file of sorts, Maxis mentions Fluffy. Richtofen had brought a dog to Der Riese, and gives it to his daughter Samantha as a pet.

Dr. Maxis: Now, you must be very diligent with her Samantha. Owning a dog is a great responsibility.

Samantha: Yes, father. Oh, I love her.

Dr. Maxis: You must feed her every day, and walk her, and be very careful when you play with her. You know she's going to have puppies.

Samantha: Really? Can I keep the puppies too father?

Dr. Maxis: We'll see Samantha. One step at a time.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]However, his intentions are not as sweet as they might seem. Maxis has another plan for the dog. His plan is to use the dog as a test subject for the MTD. The smaller stature of the subject will require less of the Element to be used, which is crucial as supplies are dwindling quickly. After a short while, Maxis uses the dog as the fifth subject in the teleportation testing. Richtofen however has plans of his own for the dog.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]Richtofen, still in charge of calibrating the system, sabotages the coordinates on the test, and sends the dog to Aether. Richtofen's test is successful, and the dog is sent to Aether. This test will serve as a trial run for Richtofen's future plans of betrayal.

*Dog barking*

Dr. Maxis: Edward tie the damn thing down. We can't have it running around during the test.

*Dog whimpers*

Dr. Richtofen: It's tied down now, Doctor Maxis.

Dr. Maxis: Initiating test number 5. Subject is within the test chamber. Activate power.

Dr. Richtofen: Searching for vitals. No reading Doctor. And, the subject... has disappeared. Doctor Maxis, we've done it!

Dr. Maxis: Don't be foolish! Test number 5 is unsuccessful. Subject has vanished, yes, but has not reappeared at the mainframe. RECALIBRATE THE DAMN SYSTEM NO-!

Der Riese. 1942-1945

The fifth test is a failure to Maxis, and testing of the MTP must now be put on hold. There is no longer a large enough supply of Element 115 left to proceed, and the small supply remaining will go towards finishing the DG2. Maxis attempts to contact the Reichstag High Command in order to recieve more funding for Group 935.

Dr. Maxis: Sophia, this letter is to go to the Reichstag High Command immediately. Gentlemen, it is with the utmost urgency that I draw your attention to the lack of funding being injected into The Giant project. While I believe we are close to realizing the ultimate plan, we still have several years of development before it is ready. It would be folly to cut our expenditure so early in our development.

As you know, early tests on the DG-2 have easily outperformed expectations and we fully anticipate mass producing the Wunderwaffe within the next few years. Work on the matter transference has however come to a standstill. We simply do not have enough Element 115 to continue the experiments. The test subjects have survived teleportation but are currently unresponsive to commands and cannot be controlled. If we are to overcome this obstacle we need to increase the frequency and size of the experiment.

To this end, I suggest we not only find a regular supply of 115, but that we also find a larger conduit to channel the energy. Our operatives in America have informed us that the US has a large supply of the element at the Nevada base, so time is of the essence if we are to stay ahead of them. This cannot be done if you cut the budget, nor can it be done if you insist on pressuring us into action before we are ready. I am of course available for discussion of the matter but in the meantime, I will continue with the work here and try to win this damned war. Signed etc. etc. Doctor Maxis.

Due to the low supply of Element 115, Richtofen and Maxis must now focus on building weapons for the Nazis. The limited supply of 115 left must now be focused completely towards completing the arsenal of wonder weapons. In order to recieve more funding for the teleportation testing, they must deliver on their word and reassure the Nazi Party they are worthy of their continued funding.

During the take over of Shi No Numa, blueprints for the Ray Gun concept are seized. Also a large Element 115 meteor is discovered just outside the base. Dr. Richtofen and Dr. Maxis are made aware of the findings, and Maxis even records an entry in his terminal account regarding all the known locations of Element 115 and it's applications:

ServantA00115

Locations of Element 115: Rising Sun Facility (Shi No Numa), Tunguska, Groom Lake, Der Riese Facility, The Moon (Confirmed via Astronomical Team)

Uses of Element 115: Transporter technology, power source for DG-2, general weapon upgrades via Pack a Punch, reanimation of dead cells via inherent electrical properties.

Inside the labs of Der Riese, Dr. Maxis works on creating the first prototype of the Ray Gun. With designs siezed from the Japanese controlled Shi No Numa base, and powered by Element 115, the Ray Gun is an extremely dangerous handheld weapon. Max Porter is put in charge of making the second generation Ray Gun (Porter X2). After completion, Maxis records the data for the Ray Gun into his terminal account:

ServantA00359

Ray Gun Summary

Prototype developed by Doctor Ludwig Maxis, origin Der Riese Facility

Based on designs seized from Rising Sun facility at SNN

Powered by Element 115, the Ray Gun works on microwave technology, and discharges a burst of green plasma energy between 220 and 230V.

Second Generation currently under development by M. Porter to reduce excessive peripheral damage.

As Maxis was working away on the Ray Gun prototype, Richtofen was tackling the task of completing the DG2 prtotype. The Wunderwaffe DG-2 is the pinnacle of Richtofen's career. It is his greatest success, and Richtofen is extremely proud of what he has created. After completion, Maxis again records the data in his terminal account for future viewing:

ServantA02977

Wunderwaffe DG-2 Summary

Prototype developed by Doctor Edward Richtofen, origin Der Riese Facility

Powered by Element 115, the DG-2 carries 200K amperes of chained electrical energy.

Effects consist of electrical current output that creates a chain reaction from initial target up to 10 subsequent targets within a 5 yard radius.

Minimal loss of power with use, 8 second reload time.

Next generation DG-3 JZ currently under development.

As the development of the Ray Gun and Wunderwaffe reach an end, Dr. Maxis and Dr. Richtofen leave Der Riese to alternate Group 935 test facilities to continue their research independently. They hope to further advance the brainwashing side of the subjects, as they seem to be impossible to control. Maxis heads to Kino Der Toten, and Richtofen travels to Shi No Numa.

Griffin Station, Moon. 1942-1945.

Back at Griffin Station, Dr. Schuster and Dr. Groph discover how the pyramid works completely by mistake when a rat is killed near the pyramid. The soul of the rat is sent into the pyramid, and the two scientists conclude what to do.

Dr. Groph: Log 1075. Dr. Schuster and I have spent countless hours with the pyramid device in an attempt to understand how it functions. We have made little progress... until now. Today we uncovered what appears to be some kind of tank with a glass-like front. The glass itself seems-

Dr. Schuster: I've got you now rat!

Dr. Groph: Kill it Schuster!

*Squishing sound followed by a whooshing sound*

Dr. Schuster: Did you see that?

Dr. Groph: Look! The capacitor is illuminated, the tank is filling-

Dr. Schuster: The machine. It seems to be activated! What did you do?

Dr. Groph: I think we just discovered what powers this machine.

Shi No Numa, Japan. 1945.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]Shi No Numa was used as an experimental base by Group 731 before Group 935 seized control of it. Group 731's goal were similar to Group 935's: weapons and human experimentation. (http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/view ... 67&t=20177) During Group 935's seizure of the base, a Japanese soldier named Takeo Masaki is found unconscience inside the base. Richtofen decides to use the subject for his new brainwashing experiments, choosing to use live subjects rather than undead subjects.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]Richtofen plans to study the the findings of Group 731 and examine the Element 115 meteor as well while he is there. During his short time there, he compiles journals full of information regarding Element 115 and the DG-2. He brings a DG-2 to the swamp base to help with the development of a DG-3 prototype while he's researching there.

Kino Der Toten. Germany. 1945.

As Richtofen is at Shi No Numa experimenting on Takeo continuing his research, Dr. Maxis travels to Kino Der Toten with his daughter Samantha and his assitant Sophia to continue the attempted brainwashing of the undead. Maxis hopes that the films will be able to breakthrough their subconscious and create an undead army they can control at will. Element 115 is supplied from Shi No Numa's meteor. During his time there, he records the progress of the test subjects.

Dr. Maxis: The test subjects have been undergoing treatment for five days with little progress. I have been assured that given time, the programming will take hold.

Dr. Maxis: In the past weeks, we have made great strides in breaking through to their subconscious. I have had the projectionists make edits to the few. These changes have been very effective.

Dr. Maxis: Subject two-six has had a breakthrough. He is responding to the treatment and following basic instructions. The violent outbursts have been greatly reduced, and given time we feel this method of treatment will be 100 percent effective in most cases.

Dr. Maxis: The timeline for deployment can be accelerated. Given the progress we have made in the past two weeks, if patient two-six can retain the impressions longer than twenty-six hours, we will have the process perfected.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]Also during his time at Kino Der Toten, Dr. Maxis worked with another Group 935 scientist in the Wunderwaffe Program. A scientist by the name of Dr. Fredric Steiner. The two scientist work together with a new compound, Nova 6. The experiments are a complete failure, causing massive defections. The Nova-6 crawlers are born.

Shi No Numa. Japan. August 1945.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]A short while after Richtofen's arrival, an invasion of the the base occur by the Soviets in hopes to take control of the Imperial Army's base. As Richtofen scrambles to avoid capture, a soldier comes stumbling through the doors of the Doctor's Quarters. He's drunk and biligerilent, and yet still demanding more vodka. Richtofen convinces Nikolai to come with him and promises him all the vodka he wants. He quickly gathers Takeo and the Mexican subject as well and escape the compound. (rebirth intel)

Richtofen and his subject travel to a secluded 935 base deep in the frozen Tundra to proceed with the brainswashing experiments on his own.

Kino Der Toten. Late August 1945.

Dr. Maxis: Another setback, patient two-six was killed this morning in a field test. He lost control and attacked one of our handlers. His injuries were minor but patient two-six was destroyed. The break in programming coincided with the flashing lights and loud noises of the fire alarm in the test facility.

*Knocking on door*

Dr. Maxis: One moment!

*Knocking repeats*

Dr. Maxis: What is it?!

Maxis fears that the brainwashing of the undead may never take hold. In his terminal account, he records an entry explaining his doubts in the program:

ServantA91374

The experiments continue and the Reichstag call it a success, but these creatures cannot be controlled. Their minds are lost. They are automatons. This is what the Reichstag wanted. Between the Teleporters and our Armeeuntoten (Army of the Undead) they believe the world will be theirs, but the untoten cannot be contained. It spreads far worse than ever imagined. It will be the death of us all.

Amid the testing of Nova 6 and the zombie brainwashing, an outbreak occurs. The theatre is quickly overrun with zombies and Nova 6 crawlers, and Dr. Maxis and Dr. Steiner quickly escape and retreat back to Der Riese.

Call of the Dead Base. Siberia, Arctic Circle. September 2, 1945.

In early September, Richtofen is continuing the brainwashing at CotD along with other Group 935 members. One member, Harvey Yena creates the Hyena Infra-Dead, an advanced version of the Scavenger gun. Takeo is the first to fall under the brainwashing while at the CotD facility. Nikolai still smells like urine, even being cleaned multiple times after his capture.

Dr. Richtofen:

Log entry 1471

Date: September 2nd, 1945.

Deeeear diary,

Another day, another failure. This time subject N3WB just slightly improved. The Russian subject still smells like urine. even after? he was given a bath and deloused TWICE. I think I might have killed the specimen from Mexico. His spleen is on the floor and and he's not moving anymore. I can verify with certainty that the barrier is not located in the spleen. Dr Maxis must continue no matter the cost. I wonder what he might think? of the experiments on the little girl.

*Richtofen laughs and monkey screeches*

NIEN!!! Drop that! That's my Spleen! MINE!

The subject from Mexico is killed during the experiments. Rictofen is also insistant that Maxis continue the brainwashing at Kino Der Toten no matter the cost. Also, he contacts Dr. Groph at Griffin Station for an update on the device:

Dr. Richtofen: Griffin station. This is Eagle’s Nest. Status update. Over.

Dr. Groph: Hello Doctor. We have the shipment, and are carrying out your orders.

*Gunshot, grunting, and a whooshing sound are heard*

Dr. Groph: It is grim work Doctor.

Dr. Richtofen: All in the name of science Dr. Groph. Continue until the tanks are full.

Dr. Groph: Yes... Doctor.

*Gunshot, grunting and a whooshing sound are heard*

Dr. Groph: May God have mercy on us all.

Call of the Dead Base. Siberia, Arctic Circle. September 10, 1945.

Richtofen is continuing the reprogramming on Nikolai and Takeo, but no significant breakthroughs are being made. Richtofen begins to doubt the effectiveness of the brainwashing. Maxis stay in radio contact with Edward and persist on continuing the tests.

Meanwhile, an American Marines unit lead by Sergeant Tank Dempsey is sent into an German asylum named Verruckt.

***TOP SECRET***

***LEVEL 1 CLEARANCE EYES ONLY***

***UPDATE: PETER***

NAME: [REDACTED]

DOB: [REDACTED]

OPERATIONAL DURATION: [REDACTED]

**Please use Agency standard cyphers for operative identity.

HANDLER’S NOTES

We successfully inserted Peter into Group 935 as a research assistant based out of Munich. Current location is unknown, but his last transmission suggested he had been transferred from the Der Riese facility to a top secret location known only as Verruckt. Most recent communique indicated that the 935 experiments are barely under control.

Attempts to secure all visible Group 935 research of Element 115 technology have been unsuccessful.

We fear that Peter's identity has been compromised. Sending in a Marine Recon unit to extract Peter from the asylum before it is too late. Operation leader will be one Tank Dempsey.

The asylum must be contained at all costs.

Cornelius Pernell

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]Their mission is to recover one of their double agents, Peter McKay. Peter McKay has been working as a mole within the organization, and had recently been transferred from Der Riese to Verruckt.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]Tank Dempsey is assigned to lead a crew into Verruckt to recover Peter. Tank insert himself into the facility as a spy and attempts to recover the agent. However, Tank's cover is blown and he is sent to Richtofen for his brainwashing experiments.

Dr. Richtofen:

Log Entry 1472

Date: September 10th, 1945.

Deeeear diary,

Today was? a good day. The swelling has subsided, the ice helps.

They made liverwurst for lunch. It was *static*. I still have not had any luck reprogramming any of the live specimens. Dr. Maxis says the key to unlocking the human mind will be more easily discovered of someone who isn't dead yet. I am not convinced. The army is stored until I can fix this, this trust barrier. Oh. Apparently someone in security? found a spy today, they are delivering him from Verruckt, to replace the one that I broke.

Call of the Dead Base. September 17, 1945.

A week later, Dempsey arrives at the CotD Base.

Dr. Richtofen:

Log Entry 1473

Date: September 17th, 1945.

Deeear diary,

Dr. Richtofen: Today-

Dempsey: Get your hands of me you damn dirty Nazi.

Dr. Richtofen: Oh ho! Get *inaudible*.

Dempsey:Yeah that's right, you want some of this? I'm talking you home in bags, freaks!

*scuffle occurs*

Dr. Richtofen: Nien *static* little Americans!

Dempsey: Ok now I'm mad!

Dr. Richtofen: I suppose this must be the replacement specimen. Time to get to work!

Dempsey: I can still hear you*

Dr. Richtofen: HIT HIM AGAIN WITH THE STICK!!

Verruckt Event. Wittenau Sanitarium. Berlin, Germany. September 18-19, 1945.

A four man rescue team is sent into Verruckt to rescue Tank Dempsey and Peter Mckay. Little did they know, Tank had already been relocated prior to their arrival, and Peter McKay had already escaped to Shi No Numa. When the four Marines arrive, everyone is gone, and all that is left is the hundreds upon hundreds of undead freakbags buried outside the Asylum. The zombies begin to break in, and the four Marine prepare to fight for their lives.

[youtube:8jv6e66n]EWDIuxwY_1E[/youtube:8jv6e66n]

Sadly, the four ultimately fall to the zombies in the night. They are killed by the first batch of test subjects at the Wittenau Sanitarium.

Call of the Dead Base. September 20, 1945.

Dr. Richtofen:

Log Entry 1474

Date: September 20th, 1945:

Deeear diary,

It would seem that the O.S.S realized that we have captured one of their spies. They tried to send a rescue team into Verruckt that was killed by the first batch of test subjects. I suspect that there are other moles in the organization, Dr. Harvey Yena, or Doctor Peter McKay to be precise.

Dr. Maxis doesn't (static) any Americans at group 935, no matter how much genius? they have. Stupid Americans with their... Apple pies and baseball and children, but I digress.

The new American Test subject is interesting, and muscly, His intellect seems low but his will is strong, like the others he doesn't seem to know who he is anymore. Unlike the others, he keeps breaking the restraints and yelling at me.

Test Subject N3WB is still staring at the floor muttering what sounds like some kind of proverb over and over again. I think his mind may have been destroyed by the (static)... Oh well.

The Russian subject recently begun responding to stimuli, but only after injecting him with a new serum made primarily from vodka. Perhaps this is the break through we've been waiting for.

Nikolai, Takeo, and Dempsey have all now lost their memories. Dempsey is still resistant to the programming. Takeo is stuck muttering Japanese proverbs over and over again. Nikolai on the other hand is now responding to the treatment, after recently injecting a vodka serum into him. The reprogramming seems to be working thus far.

Der Riese Facility. September 20-31, 1945.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]Dr. Maxis returns to the Der Riese facilty. He hopes to attempt another teleportation with the MTP. A chance at redeeming himself for the failed tests of his past.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]Maxis contacts Richtofen at the Call of the Dead base. During the conversation, Maxis tells Richtofen that the DG-2 will not go into production, and may never will. Richtofen is infuriated by this, as the DG-2 is Richtofen's greatest invention. After discussing the current status of the DG-2 and test subjects, Maxis enters the information into his terminal account:

ServantB67129

Experiments ongoing, observed a new effect as a result of experiments. Dr Edward Richtofen as witness.

Outliers as follows: Tank Dempsy, Nikolai Belinski, Takeo Masaki.

Subjects display unique side effects compared to previous subjects. Baseline psyche remains intact, but all specific memories have been lost. Dr. Richtofen will continue observations.

During Dr. Maxis' time back at Der Riese, Sophia is more present in Dr. Maxis' day to day life. Maxis concentrates on his work, but makes an entry into his terminal account regarding his feelings about Sophia.

ServantB70001

I fear Sophia has grown unnecessarily attached to me. I catch her looking in my direction but she quickly looks away. I admit she is an attractive specimen. I should send her away, she is a distraction from my work. My mind wanders to thoughts of her.

In order to continue the testing of the MTP, Maxis contacts Rictofen at CotD. He asks for Richtofen's help at Der Riese. He also explains to Edward that the DG-2 will not be mass produced. Richtofen agrees to go back to Der Riese, but for his own reasons.

Call of the Dead Base. October 1, 1945.

On October 1, 1945 Richtofen contacts Dr. Groph at Griffin Station. Edward hopes he can soon go forward with his plans to get rid of Dr. Maxis and Samantha once and for all.

Dr. Groph: Eagle’s Nest. This is Griffin Station. We have an update. Over.

Dr. Richtofen: Dr. Groph, have you made any progress?

Dr. Groph: Yes Doctor. The machine is ready. Awaiting the conduit.

Dr. Richtofen: Very good, I will proceed with Operation Shield and join you shortly.

Dr. Groph: Security Protocol 935.

Dr. Richtofen: Yes, I will dispose of Dr. Maxis and that little brat personally. Do not... touch... Anyth-

Dr. Richtofen prepares to travel back to Der Riese to finally complete his master plan of betrayal. He sends the gang off to Tank, Takeo, and Nikolai to Shi No Numa, and plans to meet up with them after he finishes off Maxis. Before he teleports from Eagle's Nest at CotD, Richtofen records one last entry into his personal journal.

Dr. Richtofen:

Log Entry 1475

Date: October 1st, nineteen hundred forty five.

Deeeear diary,

As for the control group tests, they have been put on hold. Recently I discovered that Dr. Maxis has not been mass producing the DG-2 as he swore he would. If he wont move those plans forward, then I wont continue following his dream of an undead army! He doesn't deserve his perch of? power. He doesnt know what to do with it! I know just what to do with him, but I'll take care of that little brat when I get the chance to.

Der Riese. Early October, 1945.

Richtofen teleports to Der Riese, the tension reaches a boiling point as the MTP testing of subject number six begins. It is time for Richtofen to follow through with his plans.

Dr. Maxis: Initiating test number six. Subject is within test chamber. Activate power.

Dr. Maxis: Damn it Edward! Did you set up the device correctly?

Dr. Richtofen: Yes Doctor. As per your specifications.

Dr. Maxis: If you had done it to my specifications then it would have worked, wouldn't it? As usual your incompetence has... What?

*Hellhound noise*

Dr. Richtofen: Do you hear that, Doctor?

Dr. Maxis: Quiet, you fool! Test number six is a failure, but the experiment has caused some kind of electrical force to energize within the chamber. Well, open the door.

Dr. Richtofen: Doctor, I don't think-

Dr. Maxis: Open the door NOW!

*Door opens and dog growls*

Samantha Maxis: Daddy, what are you doing with Fluffy?

Dr. Maxis: Damn it, Samantha. I told you never to come in here. Edward, get her out of here.

Dr. Richtofen: Yes Doctor.

*Samantha screams*

Samantha Maxis: What's wrong with her? Daddy, what did you do? Fluffy!

Dr. Maxis: Come back here! Samantha. Stop her! Easy. Come here Samantha. Good girl. Gently Samantha. That's not Fluffy anymore. We must get out of here.

*Door closes*

Dr. Maxis: What? Edward what are you doing? Open the door. Edward. Open this door now!

Samantha Maxis: Dad. I'm scared.

Dr. Maxis: Damn you... Stay by me, Samantha.

Dr. Richtofen: Goodbye, Doctor Maxis.

*Teleporter is activated and Edward laughs*

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]Dr. Richtofen had finally completed the betrayal he had planned for so long. He assumes that both Maxis and Samantha were sent to Aether. Dr. Richtofen sounds the alarms and activates "Operation Shield". Richtofen makes his retreat, and leaves fellow Group 935 to fend for themselves. A radio with it's microphone on catches a 935 members last moments before he gives his life for the cause, as the Group 935 Field Manual tells them to do in case of capture.

Unknown Man (UM): But I'm all out of hope, Auf Wiedersehen (goodbye) my friend.

*Repeating P.A. system: Warning, the shield is now active, destroy the designated materials and report to the barracks, this is not a drill.*

UM: Dammit! I can't find my pills...they are coming. I must do what I must do. God forgive us all!

*Chair scraping and UM chokes*

*People talking and screaming, drowned out by Zombie moan*

*2 Gunshots*

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]Shortly after "Operation Shield" is enacted, the Americans and Russians invade Der Reise. Richtofen quickly teleports to Shi No Numa to escape capture and meet back up with his subjects. All that's left when the Allies arrive at Der Riese are the numerous amounts of zombies, and a massacre ensues as the undead test subjects are destroyed. A cousin of Lev Kravchenko took part in the massacre at Der Riese, which ends in a standoff between with Americans and Soviets.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]After the massacre, American troops recover materials from the facility, along with members of Group 935. Two members in particular are of importance to the Americans: Dr. Kurt Blome and Dr. Porter. Dr. Blome studied sarin gas aka Nova 6, and worked with Dr. Freidrich Steiner on the deadly gas at Der Reise and Kino Der Toten. Dr. Porter created the X2 Ray Gun and the Zap Guns. He has extensive experience working with Element 115.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]As the Americans invaded the Der Reise facilty, the Russians were there as well. They we're searching for scientists like the Americans were. They hoped to capture Dr. Freidrich Steiner, and collect as much intel on the Nova 6 gas as possible. However, Dr. Steiner managed to escape the Der Riese facility before the takeover, and transports the supplies to a facility up the Elbe River into the North Sea. The last remnants of the scientists disappeared on October 29, 1945 near the Arctic Ocean.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]Blome and and Porter are transported to America as a part of Operation Paperclip. The scientists will be assigned to work on the Manhattan Project and aid in the development of the atomic bomb and the "Trinity Test". Afterwards, they'll go on to serve in Majestic-12, and both scientists will eventually serve a part in the American's discovery of Griffin Station. Blueprints for the MDT are discovered also. The Ray Gun, Monkey Bomb, Der Riese Chalkboard and Pack-a-Punch machine are all confiscated. All materials are sent to the research and devolpment department of the Pentagon for future testing.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]Immediately following the seizure, an interrogation is done on a low-level research assistant of Group 935 regarding Der Riese and the Die Glocke project. However, before the assistant can go into detail about "The Bell" project, he dies from the cyanide pills taken before they were captured, per the Group 935 Field Manual.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]The US government concludes that Group 935 or "The Uranium Club" has been disbanded due to it's funding being diverted into the German war effort.

(project nova intel)

Griffin Station, Moon. Early October, 1945.

Immediately after Dr. Maxis and his daughter Sam are teleported from Der Riese, a alarm is set off at Griffin Station:

Dr. Groph: -tor Schuster, Report.

Dr. Schuster: The tanks are full and the shields are down. The machine is humming nicely.

Dr. Groph: Good, but what of the shipment?

Dr. Schuster: Most are buried outside of the base, the live ones we’ve sent back to Kustover Posten.

Dr. Groph: Excellent, then there is nothing left but to wait for Dr. Richtofen’s return.

Dr. Schuster: Perhaps this is a good time to work on my low gravity putting in the bio-dome.

Dr. Groph: Yes, I did believe that time would-

*Alarm sounds: “Intruder Detected - Receiving Bay”*

Dr. Groph: Security, Report.

*Static*

Dr. Groph: Can you repeat?

Dr. Schuster: She’s coming right towards the-

*A girl’s scream heard*

Dr. Groph: Get her!

Dr. Schuster: Get back here!

*Girl’s screams are retreating, running footsteps heard*

Dr. Groph: Nein! Do not let her-

*A loud bang, smashing glass and hissing gas sounds are heard*

Dr. Groph: Dammit, Dr. Schuster, find a way to get her out of the pyramid, I will contact Edward, let him know there’s been an incident.

Samantha has teleported to Griffin Station, and has ran inside of the pyramid in fear of capture. Dr. Groph attempts to contact Richtofen with the news about the incident.

Shi No Numa. Early October, 1945.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]As Der Riese was seized by the Americans, Group 935 had fallen apart. Richtofen had reached the conclusion that Peter Mckay was indeed a spy for the OSS, and knew that he had been waiting at Shi No Numa for Richtofen's arrival after the Der Riese raid. As the gang arrived at the base after a long travel from CotD, Richtofen is busy confronting and ambushing Peter. Richtofen lures him into a trap and kills him. A shallow marked grave is later dug in the Shi No Numa swamp for Peter's body.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]Meanwhile, Tank, Takeo, and Nikolai are discussing the trip and their new location. Dempsey boldly exclaims "We're here, this is the place". "Finally, I was getting tired of Takeo's rambling!" Nikolai replies sarcastically. "Shutup Nikolai, and get your gear on!" demands Tank as zombies begin to crowd the base. Richtofen reunites with the group in the upper floor of the main hut, and the gang begin to fight off the undead Imperial Army.

As the battle begins, a radio can be heard in the background playing a message:

"R-4808n 37 14 06 115 48 40. I hope you're receiving this transmission Peter, if you are not, then all hope is lost. You must know by now that we failed to contain the asylum, that we had to move the experiment here. Location. The numbers will guide you. The giant must remain *static* at all costs, repeat, Der Riese must *static* (be contained) at all costs. The DG-2 experiments continue. You'll be our only advantage now. Find Doctor (Richtofen-barely audible) and Doctor Maxis, they may know what's going on. The use of 115 is dangerous at best. I'm not sure if we can continue here. We've lost most of our best *static*. I hope you get this. I hope it hasn't happened there too, but I'm almost out of hope. 60 54 06.96 101 55 44.94."

The message is intended for Peter McKay, and is sent from his handler, Cornelius Pernell at Area 51. Unfortunately the message arrives too late, and Peter has already been murdered by Richtofen. (terminal pages)

As the hordes continue to attack, Richtofen insists on returning to Der Riese, in order to teleport to Griffin Station. Before he leaves with the gang, he finds the DG-2 he left at the base and teleports back to Der Riese with the three.

Der Riese. October, 1945.

The gang arrives inside the facility at Der Riese.

"What the hell just happened? Everyone ok?" said Dempsey

"Ugh, I feel I will throw up" Nikolai replied.

After the gang is teleported to Der Riese, Nikolai is feeling queezy, a side effect of teleportation. Richtofen reassures his test subject "A mere side effect Russian. Everything is normal."

Zombies begin to surround the Der Riese facility from every direction. Once again the gang must fight for their lives to escape the horde.

"Let's get this done" shouts Tank, ready to once again kill some freakbags.

"Oh yeah!" Nikolai shouts back, ready for the bloodbath as well.

While they are there, Richtofen contacts Dr. Groph at Griffin Station, he learns that Samantha ended up there, and that she's now in the pyramid.

Dr. Richtofen: How did she end up there? No matter, I know what must be done, in the meantime see if you can find Dr. Maxis, perhaps he can talk some sense into her.

Dr Groph: Did you not deal with him already?

Dr. Richtofen: Yes, but if the child ended up here, then Maxis must be somewhere too. Find him.

Dr Groph: How do you propose-

Dr. Richtofen: Dr. Groph I cannot do everything for you. I leave this in your capable hands. There is much to be done.

Dr. Groph: Yes Doctor.

Dr. Richtofen: Oh and Groph?

Dr. Groph: Yes?

Dr. Richtofen: I'd keep an eye out for an evil looking dog while you're at it.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]Richtofen is suprised that Samantha ended up there, but is not concerned as he knows how to get her out. Ed assumes that Dr. Maxis was sent there as well since he meant to send them both to the same place, and tells Groph to look around for him. Maxis however is sent to a much different location, a tunnel within Shangri La. Richtofen leaves Groph in charge of finding Maxis and begins his plan of getting Samantha out of the pyramid. He plans on traveling to Ascension to retrieve the Gersch Device, a handheld piece of equipment developed by Russian scientist Dr. Gersch that is capable of creating a path to Aether.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]During their visit, Samantha makes her presense known through her "hide-and-seek" game she plays throughout the event. Samantha is just a girl playing a childs game, unbeknownst to the repercussions of her actions.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]As the four fight back the hundreds of undead hordes, they work to get the teleporter set up to teleport to Ascension. As Richtofen enters the coordinates, the hordes swarm in, getting uncomfortably close. Just as they are about to teleport, Richtofen fires a DG-2 shot at a group of incoming zombies. The blast overloads the MDT, and the gang is accidently sent forward in time, to the German theater Kino Der Toten in the year 1968.

Kino Der Toten. 1968.

The gang arrives at Kino Der Toten 23 years in the future. Once again, the power is out in the abandoned theater, and the familiar groan of a zombie can be heard from the upper floor.

"Gonna have to get the power on, it's like déjà vu all over again." Dempsey proclaims as they begin to work towards their goal of getting the power on and the MDT set up to travel to Ascension to retrieve the Gersch Device. Richtofen, now being aware of the MDT's ability to time travel, can successfully teleport to Ascension as he likes to retrieve the Gersch Device.

As the undead massacre begins, extra ammo, fire sales, and other power-ups are left by the corpses. Richtofen is suspicious of this, wondering why Samantha would help them out in the first place "A gift from Sam, but why?. Shortly into the fight, Samantha sends her puppy Hellhounds out to punish the crew. Richtofen insists that Samantha go back to her father "Go back to Maxis, Samantha".

At this point, everything is still just a game to Samantha. She's unaware of the damage she is actually causing, and just sees the characters as pawns in a child's game.

The four zombie slayers get the MTD linked to the mainframe, and Richtofen enters the the adjusted calculations for time travel to the Russian cosomodrome of Ascension. The gang travels back in time five years, and arrive at the cosmodrome sometime between October 16th and November 22nd, 1963. At the same time of their arrival, another battle is being fought, inside the Pentagon.

Griffin Station. Late 1945.

Back at Griffin Station, Schuster and Groph believe they have found a way to locate Maxis with the pyramid in order to get Samantha out.

Dr. Groph: Hope this works. Schuster, power it up.

*Hissing gas and a loud bang are heard*

*Computerized voice: “Systems Nominal. Accessing Pyramid Device. Interface via M.P.D. active. Accessing M.P.D.. M.P.D. integrity check nominal. Awaiting input."*

Dr. Groph: Excellent, bring the sample.

*Loud bangs heard*

*Computerized voice: “Analyzing M.P.D.. Creating profile. Profile Created.”*

Dr. Groph: Excellent. Now, scan for target.

Dr. Schuster: Yes Doctor.

*Gas hissing and bangs are heard once again*

*Computerized voice: “Target located.”*

Dr. Groph: Bring him here, immediately.

*Gas hissing and bangs are heard followed by the sound of a teleporter. The thumping of someone landing is heard afterwards*

Dr. Schuster: Greetings, Dr. Maxis.

Dr. Maxis: Schuster! I should’ve known. Where is that rat Edward? Where are we? And how did you get me out of that wretched tunnel?

Dr. Groph: None of that is important right now. Allow me to fill you in.

*Static*

Dr. Maxis: Samantha. Honey? Daddy is here. Come dear, please. Open the machine. Daddy will not let them hurt you anymore. Honey? Daddy knows he’s made some mistakes, I am truly sorry that you were put through so much. When your mother died I could not bear the thought of losing you too, that’s why I kept you so close. I did not mean to neglect you, I just wanted to know you were safe from harm-

*Sam opens the pyramid & a girl crying is heard crying.*

Samantha Maxis: Daddy!

Dr. Maxis: I love you, Samantha.

Samantha Maxis: I love you too Daddy.

Dr. Maxis: Can you do something for me? Something very important.

Samantha Maxis: Yes.

Dr. Maxis: Kill them... all.

*A gunshot is heard and something falls to the ground*

Dr. Maxis: No!

*Gas hisses*

Samantha Maxis: (Demonic Laughter) Hahahaha

Dr Groph: We are doomed.

Dr. Schuster and Dr. Groph power up the pyramid and insert the powered scepter (energy filled Golden Rod). They then use the Vril Pyramid Device to locate Dr. Maxis at Shangri La and teleport him to Griffin Station. When Dr. Maxis is teleported to the Moon Base, he is unaware of where he is, and doesn’t know how they got him “out of that wretched tunnel.”

Dr. Maxis then tries to talk to his daughter Samantha who‘s locked herself inside the pyramid. He apologizes for everything he put Sam through, and he states he did not want to neglect her after her mother died, but rather keep her from harm. Samantha then starts to cry. Dr. Maxis sympathizes with his daughter, and ultimately asks for his daughter Samantha to do one last thing. To “Kill them….ALL!” A gunshot then rings out, and Dr. Maxis has been shot. He dies, but his soul travels to Aether. Samantha laughs demonically, and Dr. Groph signs off on the log with one last statement - “We are doomed.”

A massacre occurs at Griffin Station, as the undead bodies buried outside the base are brought back to life by Samantha. All members of Griffin Station are killed, including Dr. Groph and Dr. Schuster. Samantha now has a much different demeanor, and only has one concern now, revenge. Shes seeking revenge on Richtofen for what he did to her father.

[*discuss progression of zombies storyline w@w - bo]

Ascension. Russian Cosmodrome. Sometime between October 16th and November 22nd, 1963.

Ascension takes place in a Russian cosmodrome, and was the main facility used by the Ascension Group, Russia's version of Group 935. The Ascension Group was working on technology that could be used to make the first successful trip to the Moon, ahead of the Americans. They were also responsible for making wonder weapons such as the Thundergun.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]Their most important creation however came from the hands of Dr. Gersch, one of the Russian scientist working at the cosmodrome. The Gersch Device was basically like a handheld MDT, or a "pocket teleporter" if you will. The device was capable of teleporting a human from one location in space and time to another location in a blink of an eye. It was lightweight, and easy to deploy. But little did Gersch know the device was actually creating a direct gateway to Aether, and Samantha. This is what Richtofen took the gang to Ascension for.

The team arrives in the facility to a power outtage, as usual. Richtofen jokingly states that it must be Dempsey that's stealing all the power, but in actuality it's Samantha who's turning off the power when they arrive.

As the gang arrives in the powerless facility, a voice comes across the PA system inside the facility at Ascension.

"Please, help me. She's coming! The mechanism must be prepared!"

The gang does not recognize the voice of the mystery man, but after hearing radios inside the facility, it can be concluded this is indeed Dr. Gersch speaking from Aether. Other radios found around the map provide the details of how Dr. Gersch ended up in Aether:

Dr. Gersh: I give you my sincere gratitude for that... but, down to business, I am pleased to report all projects are running smoothly again after these recent personal changes. As I had previously mentioned, Yuri Zavoyski is a brilliant scientist, but he has been so far incapable of handling "Project Mercury" - or as you call it, "the Gersh Device", and so due to numerous setbacks and delays I am forced to transfer Yuri to AK64-A experiments. I have decided that your nephew should take his place. I look forward to working with him directly. The recent incident with the Casimir Mechanism leaves no doubt in my mind that this is the right decision. The explosion caused the Mechanism significant damage, it will take time to re-manufacture all of the parts, unless some of them can be salvaged.

Dr. Yuri Zavoyski: Rockets! He transfers me to work on rockets! These experiments require no finesse, no imagination! My intellect is ill served blasting a bunch of monkeys into the atmosphere! But I can’t fight Gersh on this. I was able to hold onto my keys, *static* as well as my research. No one else really understands what "Project Mercury" is capable of. Until then, this lab will have to do. Wait, is that a matryoshka doll? Did someone let a child in-?

Dr. Yuri Zavoyski: I found a box today. Some lebanke left his teddy bear in it, a disgusting and filthy toy! Who keeps bringing their child onto this base? Thank God they did not take the diary: the things I have learned about the Element 115. I'll have to conduct this research on my own, away from the destructive hands of Gersh! His research into Project *static* has stalled, but will HE be transferred? I doubt it! As long as Project Mercury remains on track, his friends at *static*. I must think small.

Dr. Gersh: I can assure you that our craft will be far superior to whatever the Americans, or should I say, Canadians are developing. Finally, Project Thunder is nearing completion. My staff has assured me that the remaining limitations of the effective range and power cells will be solved within the next few months. Oh, and also, you should know that Dr. Zavoyski does not appear to be adjusting to his new position. He has been hostile towards the other scientists, at least, more than usual, and has frequently been seen muttering to himself. The transition must have been hard for him, but if he does not learn his place soon... I may require another, more competent scientist to replace him.

Dr. Yuri Zavoyski: They're entering my head! Always my head! I can't thnk, I can't, OOF, I can't stop it! Keep it out! I want you to LEAVE ME ALONE!!! Calm down there! Calm down! No, no I won't! ShutTheShutTheF*ckUp! J-Just stop! Fine... Okay, okay, I will.

Dr. Gersh: This had better be good Yuri, the fact that you're in this lab again is reason enough to have you permanently removed! If you've done anything thsat will ruin it-

Dr. Yuri Zavoyski: Do not worry, you will not be disappointed. In fact, I'm sure you won't forget it! But I can't take all the credit. If you will do me the honors?

*Gersh activates Gersh Device.*

Samantha Maxis: Having Fun?!

Dr. Gersh: What the-?! No! No! Yuri, you!

*Gersh screams as he is sucked into Gersh Device*

Dr. Yuri Zavoyski: *Triumphant laugh* You fat pig! Enjoy your bed! Heheheh, heh... Oh no. No! Nononono! Nonononono! What have I done?! What have I do-?!

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]Dr. Gersch is now seeking the help of the crew as they arrive inside the foreign facility. "Usually the voices sound so ANGRY!.." exclaims Richtofen, "..Maybe we should help this thing".

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]The gang begins their familiar journey to turn on the power. They make their way to the control room, and while turning on the power, discover the mystery box inside the room. Richtofen opens the box, and immediately retrieves the Gersch Device, "The Gersch Device! Nothing's better than a personal black hole. Why is there no Richtofen Device?". Richtofen uses the device to teleport a generator outside the base and transfers it to the Kassimir Mechanism.

"You've done it! Now, it needs as much power as possible. Hurry, she's getting nearer!" Gersch announces, as Samantha hunts him down within Aether.

Soon after, Richtofen activates Node 1 of the Kassimir Mechanism. "This Kassimir Mechanism sounds intriguing!" Richtofen ponders to himself. He's certain he's heard that name before. Then Richtofen recalls something "Kassimir? Could this be related to Hendricks’s work?". Hendrick Casimir was a Dutch scientist, and in 1948 discovered the Casimir Effect.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]The Casimir Effect can be summed up as: the energy produced between two plates facing each other inside a vacuum. These plates, when placed parallel from one another, will produce a small amount of energy. This is however dependent on the amount of vacuum being applied. The more vacuum, the stronger the effect. Space, for example, can be a source of unlimited energy if calculated and harnessed correctly with the Casimir Effect.

The Kassimir Mechanism is used to create a tremendous amount of energy through the Casimir Effect. This, in conjunction with the Gersch Device, can create a stable gateway to Aether. However, this mechanism cannot work unless a TREMENDOUS amount of energy is applied to it. And that's why the gang needs to supply that energy with Gersch Devices and 115 infused weapons for it to work correctly. It's the only power source stong enough that could create enough energy.

I'd like to also point out now that the Gersch Device works BECAUSE of the Casimir Effect. Look closely at the Gersch Device. Ever wonder why it looks like a waffle maker? Well it's because it is two plates,with a very small space in between them. The Gersch Device also provides a tremendous amount of vacuum from it's black hole. Plates. Vacuum. Sound familiar? It's the Casimir Effect at work! I'd like to thank my good buddy Brad(Tac) for pointing this out![/spoiler:8jv6e66n]

While the gang is at Ascension, Gersch is being attacked in Aether by Samantha. Strangely, she takes mercy on the relatively harmless scientist. Gersch screams for help, "Three more! No, stop it!"

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]As they activate the other three nodes of the Kassimir Mechanism, Gersch is getting closer to being killed once and for all by Samantha. He shouts out for help as she gets closer"Yes, YES! Almost there! Hurry! She's coming! LUNA!!" . A light can be seen on the ground, and Richtofen places a Gersch Device on the light.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]Gersch, stuck in the Aether can now see the pathway out of Aether, but there's a problem. "I can see the outline, but there isn't enough power!" Gersch proclaims. Richtofen responds, "There is so much power here already, and you need MORE?"

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]Richtofen throws another Gersch Device, but this time he orders the gang to unload with Thundergun and Porter X2 shots, as well as other powerful weapons taken from the mystery box. The 115 from the weapons causes an abundunt amount of the element to be supplied to the Gersch Device/Casismir Mechanism. This in turns creates a portal strong enough for Gersch to escape Aether. He spots his chance, and escapes. His soul float towards the sky, and as he leaves he thanks the gang for their help "Ah yes, I'm free! I cannot thank you enough for releasing me from this horrible place." praises Gersch as he floats away.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n]With Gersch's soul free, Richtofen and the gang now continue their mission. Richtofen must now return with the gang to the Call of the Dead base to retrieve the Golden Rod that Ed has left there. The Golden Rod aka Vril Generator/Vril Staff is a staff that is used as a channel for harnessing Vril. It is described as "a hollow staff with 'stops', 'keys', or 'springs' in which Vril can be altered, modified or directed to either destroy or heal. Some staffs are more potent for destruction, others for healing. Richtofen must aquire this Rod before retrieving the Focusing Stone, which will be the source of energy used to open the pyramid.

Richtofen sets the Gersch Device to travel to the base at Call of the Dead. He assumes he knows how to properly work the Gersch Device. And while they do end up at the right location, the time in which they arrive is greatly miscalculated by Richtofen.

Call of the Dead Base. Siberia, Arctic Circle. March 2011.

[tab:8jv6e66n][/tab:8jv6e66n] They have arrived at the Siberian base where they were once tested at, but Richtofen's calculations are off. When they arrive, they are stuck inside a closet. The power is out. "Ah! I'm blind! I'm blind. In my eyes!" Dempsey agrees, "Holy shit balls, me too! What did you do Richtofen?!"

"I did nothing! Where's the light switch?" Richtofen replies just before finding the supposed switch. "Ohhh, I think I found a lever! Perhaps this will turn on the lights!" Dempsey quickly shouts out. "LET GO! THATS NOT A LEVER! RICHTOFEN!". Touchy feely Richtofen gushes in excitement "Hahaaa".

Suddenly, noises are heard outside the door. A strong female voice is also prominent in the noise. "Do you hear that?" says Richtofen, and Nikolai hears it as well "Sounded like someone outside. Hey you, hey! I need vodka!". Richtofen asks for their help, "Hellllo! Can you help us? There must be a blown fuse or something. It's dark in here." Takeo, suffering from the nausea attributed with teleportation, is puking in the corner of the small room. "Ah man, that's wet" says Dempsey disgusted at the sight.

"Sure, why wouldn't we help some evil sounding voice while we're busy fighting zombies." replies the women on the outside of the room, before she runs off to find a new fuse. A minute or two later, the female voice returns, and the power is restored to the room. "Lights are on, now what?" she asks.

"Ahhh, much better. Now I can see the problem. We must've gone too far into the future. Look the teleporter's completely broken. The time circuits are daamged. We'll have to remov--" Richtofen states before being interupted by Dempsey, "Wait! You took us here on purpose? Where are we!?" "A better question Dempsey is w--"

Nikolai, bored by the argument between the two, starts playing with buttons inside the teleporter room. Fueled by luck and stupidity, and the little bit of vodka left in his blood, Niko's eye is caught by a light on the board. "Oh look this blinky light! What's this button do?" slurs Nikolai as he presses the button.

"NIKOLAI! NOOOO!!!!" screams Richtofen. "Oh great Nikolai, you just activated the MDT security system. Nikolai pouts back "Good!". "Excuse me, you outside, yeah, the handsome one" asks Richtofen in need of more help from the strangers before advising them on what to do. "We need you to locate the power sources of the security system. They look like little half domes with a hole on top. Kinda like a big-- forget it. If you destroy those, it should shut down the security system."

"Litte half domes? Not exactly super specific, but I'll see what I can do." exclams the women on the outside." She runs off and finds the various power sources around the map. She throws a few well placed grenades, and soon returns to the door where the voices are coming from, "Uh, hello? I blew up all the little half domey thingys?" She successfully destroys the security system power units, and the room is no longer under security lockdown.

Alrite, looks like that did the trick! Dempsey happily responds. Richtofen again begins to work on the teleporter's time circuits "Yes. Takeo, can you hand me that screwdriver?". Takeo however is still puking in the corner of the room, and is continuing to gross out Dempsey, "Ok, Eww." mummbles Tank as Takeo throws up even more than the first time. "Is that all he's going to do this trip" wonders Richtofen. Nikolai is oblivious to the situation, and is still moaning on about getting some more vodka, "Ugh, I have such a headache, I need vodka!" "Now is not the time for drinking" argues Tank, but Nikolai insists, "I heartedly disagree! Now is perfect time for drinking!"

Richtofen realizes this might provide a great distraction for the gang, "Ahh vodka, that might give me the distra-- I mean, good idea! There couldn't possibly be any thing left to drink around here, could there?". Nikolai is pleased, "See Tank, it's always good time for drinking!

The women leaves, and returns a while later. She found a bottle of vodka frozen in some ice near the base. She inserts the bottle in the receiving tube for the teleporter room. The room is silent for a short time, but a bottle can be heard in the background. The woman knocks on the door, "Uh hello? It sounds like you got the bottle?"

"Oh Hello! Thank you so much!" Ed joyfully replies. The gang is now drunk, and Richtofen has the gang distracted like he wanted. "So now that they occupied, could you do a special errand for me? I need you to retrieve a very important device. It looks like a long stiff hard Golden Rod, with fingers on the end! Ohhh delightful! But it will take...*need end of this quote*

"Do you guys have to be so cryptic? It's kind of been a long day" touts the woman outside the door, before scampering off in search of the Golden Rod for Richtofen. A long time passes before she returns. Eventually she returns to the room, and inserts that Golden Rod into the receiving tube, "Umm, you guys get your thing ok?"

Richtofen slides the Rod in his pocket, and his mission for coming to the Call of the Dead base is complete. Dempsey notices a bulge in Ed's pants, and questions it, "Kinda sick that I have to ask that, but Richtofen, is that a rod in your pocket?" Ed quickly dismisses him, "Nein! Let's go, I've got just what we needed". Nikolai agrees, "Hahaha yeah! Drunk!

Richtofen is now ready to leave the base and head for Shangri La to continue his plan. He thanks his strangers for their help during their stay, "Thank you so much for your help out there! Bye Bye!" Edward activates the teleporter, but the MDT malfunctions and shorts out, an occuring problem with the teleporter. " Ugh, the fuse box must've shorted out again!"

"Another fuse? What do you think this is a hardware store out here?" the woman retorts, before hitting the control panel outside the room. The impact temporarily fixes the short, and the teleporter is set to go.

Richtofen makes sure the calculations are correct, and set the coordinates for Shangri La. Before they leave, he says his one last goodbye, "Thank you again stranger. Perhaps we will see you another time. Goodbye!" Before they go, Dempsey questions their visit to the Siberian base to begin with, "Yo sourkraut, you never did tell us why we came, whereever this is?". "All in good time my Dempsey, all in good time." The teleporter is activated and the gang is sent to Shangri La.

*add quotes for the drunk songs, sayings, etc.

Shangri La. Jungle, Unknown location. Late 2011-2012.

The gang arrives at Shangri La, an ancient temple hidden by the mountains surrounding it. It's exact location is not known, but Richtofen is aware of it's coordinates.

Richtofen: “We’ve arrived! This is the place we’re supposed to be. Oh, and we need to turn on the power.”

Dempsey: "Uh, finally we’re out of that damn closet! Ancient temples, Russian Cosmodromes, being stuck in a dark closet with Richtofen. Eh, what an adventure. It sure was nice to hear the sound of a woman though. Too bad I couldn’t see who it was. Could’ve been someone famous.”

Nikolai: Yeah, but it was nice break, no?"

Takeo: "Not for me, that was horrible experience…ugh!"

Richtofen: "You just need to bite down on something."

Nikolai: “Takeo, you are really really bad dancer. Second wife dances better than you, and she’s dead!” Ha!...I miss her.”

Richtofen: “Shh, I hear my precious angels!”

Richtofen: “Let the slaughter begin!”

Takeo: “Oh, I have nothing left to puke”

Richtofen: “Good, I was really tired of cleaning it up.”

Nikolai: “Ah, that closet reminded me of home. Home smelled a little worse though. Less sanitation."

Dempsey: “Ancient temples, Russian Cosmodromes, being stuck in a dark closet with Richtofen. Eh, what an adventure. It sure was nice to hear the sound of a woman. Too bad I couldn’t see who it was. Could’ve been someone famous.”

Takeo: “It is your breath Russian piglet!”

Nikolai: “Hey! That’s a lot coming from one who’s been intimate with a stuffed monkey. AH-AH (monkey)”

Dempsey: “Shut up you two, I hear em coming. Time to raid the refrigerator!”

The horde begins to attack the four men. As they begin to slaughter the undead, Richtofen stumbles upon the switches to activate the eclipse. He orders the gang to hit their buttons simultaneously. After the zombies die down, they hit the four ancient buttons near the Quick Revive machine. It works, and the crew is brought to the ancient past during a solar eclipse.

Dempsey: “Whoa, ok, what the hell just happened?”

Nikolai: “Why does everything look blue?”

Takeo: “Look! There’s an Eclipse!”

Richtofen: “Fascinating! And look, there’s a giant meteor on top of the temple. I must have it in my pockets!”

Dempsey: “Yeah, good luck with that. Let’s go figure out what’s going on”

A giant 115 meteor has just landed on top of the temple. The size of the meteor is enormous, but Richtofen has a plan to get it all. He plans to shrink the meteor with the help of Maxis' 31-79 JGb215 and the focusing crystals found throughout the map.

The crew investigates the area, and during the search Dempsey hears a noise coming from one of the structures, "Hello out there, hello?" He hits a button on the wall.

Dempsey: "Hey there’s somebody in there!"

Takeo: "Hello? Where are you?"

Nikolai: "Hey guys, there’s some British guy in this "will!"

Richtofen: "The voices! Wait, that’s not in my head."

Brock: "We are stuck behind some kind of mechanism.

Brock: "Whatever you did moved it slightly, we could really use some help here!"

The gang goes in search of a way to free the the explorers from the cave system of Shangri La. They stumble across a wide variety of stones throughout the area. After decoding the pattern, they are able to move the mechanism that is blocking Brock and Gary

Brock: "The stone is moving! It seems to be working!"

Brock: "Oh wonderful! There’s some kind of crystal rising from the floor!"

Dempsey: "Well, well, well, I have no idea what that is"

Nikolai: "Oh a big diamond thingy! I could use that for next wife."

Takeo: "A crystal rises, the plum blossom swirls in autumn twilight"

Richtofen: "Look! A focusing crystal. I was wondering where they were."

Richtofen's plan is gaining ground as he discovers the first of the focusing crystals. As the gang works to help Brock and Gary out, Richtofen is secretely getting ready to retrieve the Focusing Stone. After the crystals are set in place, a shot of the upgraded Shrink Ray is reflected and maginified off each crystal, increasing the stregth of the blast. When the shrink ray finally hits the 115 meteor, it is strong enough to shrink the meteor into the Focusing Stone. The meteor falls through a hole on the roof in which in landed on and into the chamber below.

The gang makes their way to the wall behind the pack-a-punch machine, located at the entrance of the temple. The wall has now been destroyed thanks to Brock and Gary's dynamite, and Richtofen retrieves the stone.

“It’s mine! MINE! I will control them all!” exclaims Richtofen, now having everything he needs to get Samantha out of the pyramid and take control. All that's left to do now is travel to Griffin Station. But they must travel to Area 51 in America to use the teleporter found at Hangar 18 to get to Griffin Station. It is the only working MDT left capable of teleporting there.

Area 51, Neveda, USA. December 21, 2012.

The four arrive at Area 51 to the sound of alarms ringing, and zombies are swarming as usual. But this time it's different. This time there's more, and they're coming on faster and faster. The swarms never seem to end. The zombies are still dressed in their uniforms from the 1960s, when Area 51 is was orginal attacked. The original takeover occured sometime between 1962-1968 based on the banner from the 1129th Division Special Activities Squadron on the back wall of the base.

The gang retreats to the teleporter and travel to Griffin Station.

Griffin Station, Moon. December 21, 2012.

As they arrive in the receiving bay, they begin to choke due to a lack of oxygen. Gasping for air, the men rush for P.E.S. suits, and continue to the familiar quest of finding the power switch. Nikolai is not impressed by the Moon station, "“You would think that base on Moon would be more advanced than temple in jungle, but I guess we STILL need to turn power on”.

They make their way through Tunnel 6 and into the power room. As the power is turing on, Richtofen is pleased to see the pyramid as he had last left it, “Yeah it worked! Now on to Phase 12!”.

Richtofen heads to the set of computers just outside the receiving bay to start the process of getting Samantha out of the pyramid. When he attempts to start the computers, Samantha takes them over, and forces Edward to play a game of Samantha Says in an attempt to stop him. But he's fed up with the games,"Damn it I hate doing this. Where is Groph when you need him?" He soon able to get the main systems online.

He heads to the laboratory to access the computers. When he attempts to get in the security system boots Edward out, which of course upsets him, "How can you not recognize me? It's me!" Ed hacks the terminals found throughout the lab with a Hacker Device in order to override the security system. It is a success, and he overrides the system.

During their time in the lab, a giant excavator has breached Tunnel 6 and is continue to cut the ground open. The gang travels through Tunnel 11 back to the receiving bay and hack the control panel of Excavator Pi. When they investigate the damage from the saw, Richtofen finds the Vril Sphere black egg that he was searching for. Richtofen reflects working on the egg with Maxis, “Oh wunderbar I was wondering where that artifact went. I knew I should of invented an egg moving robot. Stupid Maxis with his rules and stupid accent.”

Richtofen transports the egg to the Vril pyramid. When it falls into place, a vile appears on a corner of the pyramid. Richtofen orders the crew to kill the zombies so that their souls will be transferred to the vile, like Schuster and Groph had done before "Of course, the machine is powered by life force. How silly of me! I should have remembered that."

After the vile is filled, the pyramid opens to reveal Samantha's body within Aether. It is now ready for Richtofen to finish his plan and transfer souls with Sam. "Hello Samantha, you little brat. Your time is coming. Soon. *laughs* SO SOON!"

The gang travels to Area 51 and gathers the plates needed for Richtofen's version of the Kassimir Mechanism. When they return, Richtofen inserts the plates at the computer, and attaches a spare wire found in the laboratories. He powers on the main computer and is ready to power the Vril Device with the Kassimir Mechanism, but a problem arises.

*Richtofen inserts the wire*

Richtofen: "Almost there... ALMOST!"

*Richtofen inserts the Vril Generator*

Richtofen: "Excellent! This is all going according to plan!"

*Richtofen starts typing on keyboard*

Richtofen: "Login: Teddy. Password: is a liar. I'm not, but that's why no one would guess it! Ah..."

Computer: "ACCESS GRANTED. GREETINGS EDWARD. WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A GAME?"

Richtofen: "What is Groph's obsession with American women? All they do is play games! No matter… Time to charge up the Kassimir Mechanism... carry the one..." (Continues typing on key board)

*Computer screens turns green*

Computer: "ACCESS GRANTED. SWITCHING RELAY TO SECTOR 1-1-5 --"

*Screen turns red*

Dr. Maxis: (interrupts) "ACCESS DENIED... Richtofen..."

Richtofen: "What is happening? Scanning for haxors (hackers)." (Continues typing.)

Dr. Maxis: "You fool! I should never have trusted you!"

Richtofen: "Maxis… How on earth did you get into the machine!? No matter." (Continues typing)

Maxis has accesses the computer via the Aether, much like Gersch had done during the visit to Ascension. Maxis attempts to foil Richtofen scheme.

Dr. Maxis: "I know what you are up to and I will not allow you to succeed!"

Richtofen: "You should never have kept the DG-2 from production, you should have never have tried to steal the plans for the MDT!"

Dr. Maxis: "Stop the madness Edward; we were supposed to help the human condition, not destroy it."

Richtofen: "Indeed, and now you are dead (said in mocking tone). And your little girl is going to be next... ahh... She is the source of madness! Ahh... Not I."

Dr. Maxis: "She is just a little girl Edward! She doesn't even know what she is doing!"

Richtofen: "And, delete. Goodbye, Dr. Maxis."

*Screens turns green again*

Computer: "SECURITY OVERRIDE ACTIVE."

*Richtofen grabs the charged Vril Generator.*

Richtofen: "It's Mine! Finally It's Mine!"

Richtofen places the Vril Generator w/ 115 Focusing Stone into the Kassimir Mechanism he built on the Moon. After doing his calculations (not without an attempted thwart by Maxis), Richtofen is able to harness the infinite energy of the vacuum of space to amplify the Vril Device with an enormous amount of energy via the Casimir Effect. Vril Energy can be seen emiting from the the Golden Rod & Focusing Stone after the Casimir Effect has occured.

Richtofen takes the powered Vril Device back to the Vril pyramid. All that's left to do now is power up the pyramid and take Sam's spot inside Aether. When Ed approaches the pyramid, it senses the Vril energy eminating from the rod. Four viles now appear, one on each corner of the pyramid. "This is going to be so much fun! Finally we can confront this little beast. Quickly! Power up the machine!" declares Richtofen. As the souls are being filled, Samantha damns him for what he has done.

"You will never succeed in this Edward, the blackness will swallow your pride! Something far more terrible than you lies here! I'll destroy you for what you've done to daddy! Edward! You will tremble in fear! I'll slice you apart and expose your rotten innerds so you will be judged for what you have become. You did this! I'll have no mercy on you for your arrogance! I'll destroy all those who help you! The earth's destruction will lie in your hands, Edward! YOUR FAULT!"

After filling the four viles, Richtofen inserts the powered Vril Device into the slot on the pyramid. Samantha yells out "Daddy, make him stop!" But Richtofen cannot be stopped now, "I win! The power, the power! I can control them all! I can destroy you all! But not before we continue the game."

A lightening flashes, and the souls are switched in a blink of an eye. Richtofen has succeeded with his grand scheme. He can now control the army of the undead at will. "I win! The power, the power! I can control them all! I can destroy you all! But not before we continue the game." The future is bleak. Just when all hope seems lost, a voice comes across the PA system of Griffin Station. It is Dr. Maxis contacting the gang from Aether.

"Greetings, if you are receiving this message, it means that Richtofen has enter the device, if you free me, I will help minimize the damage that he will inevitably cause."

Dempsey notices, "Hey, the egg came back out". The Vril Sphere has been slightly dislodged from the pyramid. Maxis instructs them to move the egg to the computer near the launch platform. They throw a QED at the pyramid, and the sphere is transfered to the computers. Maxis informs the guys to access the computer to transfer the controls to himself, but Samantha's game is still running on the computers. After a short awhile they are able to beat the game, and Maxis takes control of the launch programs of the computer.

He tells them to transfer the egg to the lauch platform, and a Gersch Device is thrown to teleport it there. Maxis is now ready to launch the missles in an attempt to reduce Richtofen reign of terror.

"I have finished the calculations. Launch protocol initiated. Launch in 5...4...3...2...1..." announces Maxis.

3 missiles are launched from the Moon.

"30 seconds to impact."

30 seconds later the missiles hit Earth, and Maxis begins a hysterical laugh.

"Ugh, I am doomed." utters Takeo.

"Holy hell, I hope we didn't screw that up. Wait... That's It? Seriously? All that work and all we did is blow up the Earth? What the fuck...?" Dempsey is not impressed by the results of his work.

Takeo vowes his revenge "I promise to destroy every last remnant of Group 935! I will destroy them all!" Samantha is also spiteful, making a promise to get her revenge as well "I want my body back! And I will destroy that evil Richtofen for taking daddy away!"

Then, Maxis comes across the speakers once more, "Well that was a much larger explosion then I anticipated! I have done all I can, I certainly hope those calculations were correct."

The bombs have hit their marks, and Maxis is suprised on the size of the explosion. The exact coordinates of the targets are unknown. Maxis' intentions were never to completely blow up the Earth, but to target precise coordinates that will stop the zombie outbreak, but not wipe out man completely. As Maxis said, his plan was to "limit the damage that Richtofen will inevitably cause", not to blow it up completely.

The calculations Maxis made were just a bit off though, and a significant amonut of the zombies survive the blast. With the world in shambles, the infection grows back just as quickly as it broke out, but this time with Richtofen is now at the reigns.

It's the gang's job to stop Richtofen. Samantha (in Ed's body) works with the gang to get her body back, and take her revenge on Richtofen for what he's done. Takeo, with his complete memory back, voews to take revenge on all remaining members of 935, hinting that Group 935, or it's members at the least, are still active.

Will Samantha get her revenge on Richtofen? Will she be able to get her body back, or will she have to find another body for a host? And what of Takeo and the guys? What awaits them this upcoming zombie season? Only time will tell. In two months, we'll get our answers.

Shooter

things to update

*add shangri la radios

*ascension radios and yuri info

*perk creations

*gang recovering their memory

*add parts about celebrities on call of the dead

*add process of doing easter egg

*add full oirginal character quotes from cotd (drunk song)

*formatting

*adding pics

*adding references

things to discuss

*snn der riese transition

*richtofens suit on asension and moon

*why travel to area 51 before moon

*where did bombs hit on earth?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very well documented. Fonts and colors are just perfect and very easy to read. I just need to find time to read this in entirety but I can say this "Great Job my friend". :D

Guest jayghf1978

Excellent job Shooter, aside from a few minor spelling and code errors.

I have not read anything as extensive since graduate school, but read word to word from top to finish. I have not followed up on the story behind the zombie games, and this was very detailed and very entertaining for a virgin such as myself. The is far the best piece I have seen, easily sense the heart and soul poured into the compilation.

Sadly the majority seemed to devote their focus toward the upcoming trailers. If this does not get the proper love it deserves I would be upset, borderline heart broken.

Kudos to you my friend. I salute you.

Guest MurderMachineX

Something I just noticed:

"Well that was a much larger explosion then I anticipated! I have done all I can, I certainly hope those calculations were correct."

That is a CUT quote, thus I do not think it is fair to call it canon. If we did, then we might as well say the Wunderwaffe appeared in Kino and Five.

Very well documented. Fonts and colors are just perfect and very easy to read. I just need to find time to read this in entirety but I can say this "Great Job my friend". :D

Thank you sir. It's been a daunting task to compile all of this to say the least, but I'm almost satisfied with it's completion.

Oh, and thanks for moving this thread ;) for me

Excellent job Shooter, aside from a few minor spelling and code errors.

I have not read anything as extensive since graduate school, but read word to word from top to finish. I have not followed up on the story behind the zombie games, and this was very detailed and very entertaining for a virgin such as myself. The is far the best piece I have seen, easily sense the heart and soul poured into the compilation.

Sadly the majority seemed to devote their focus toward the upcoming trailers. If this does not get the proper love it deserves I would be upset, borderline heart broken.

Kudos to you my friend. I salute you.

This is what makes it all worth it. For someone to read through the thread in it's entirety. Like I said thanks again for reading it through. :)

Wow. I see you put a lot of work into this. Good job.

I noticed you didn't include anything about Mars. Is this because you don't believe in it?

For now I've decided to leave the the location as unknown as we don't have any solid evidence for Mars being a possibile location over a number of other places. There's definately some evidence that could support it, but I've also heard logical explanation how it could be on the Moon, Inner Earth, Area 51, and even the Artic and Antarctica. I'm not sure which one to believe.

On a random sidenote, Zelienski made multiple tweets once again about Shangri La mountains on his page a week ago. There's got to be some serious significance to the mountain or mountains.

What's your take on it?

Something I just noticed:

"Well that was a much larger explosion then I anticipated! I have done all I can, I certainly hope those calculations were correct."

That is a CUT quote, thus I do not think it is fair to call it canon. If we did, then we might as well say the Wunderwaffe appeared in Kino and Five.

For most unused quotes I'd agree with you, but this one seems different. I understand how it'd be irrelevant if they completely cut his quotes out at the end. But they kept the whole idea, while only cutting the last quote. It's very rare that they do that wit an Easter Egg quote, and they've never done that when it is relevant to the story. It's possible they decided to just not let the story go in that direction. Or it's also possible they wanted to keep the fans wondering what will become of the gang atthe end of Black Ops, all the while keeping the general direction of the Black Ops 2 story in mind.

For example, the CotD quotes about a machine gun turret. I can see how these are completely irrelevant because the whole idea was cut entirely. But with this, it's only the one quote being left out. I know they do that with gun quotes and stuff, but it's rare, unheard of rather, for Easter Egg quotes. And you gotta think if it got all the way to the recording process, they must've seriously been considering it. They're definitely thinking out the storyline, and it just comes down to why they decided to cut it. And I personally believe they cut it to keep the fans in suspense for BO2.

The wunderwaffe quotes are a bit different IMO. Kino's cut DG2 quotes make sense as it would've original appeared in the W@W Kino Der Toten. They presumably cut the idea when creating Black Ops in exchange for the Thundergun. Five was most likely produced very early in development as well, which might explain why it was originally added in, but cut before release. But like I said, gun quotes getting cut I can see make them irrelevant, but Easter Egg quotes are a bit different for me.

Guest Monopoly Mac

Reading your thread reminds me why I always loved this story. I wish I could give you the brains you deserve but... yeah.

A massacre occurs at Griffin Station, as the undead bodies buried outside the base are brought back to life by Samantha.

I think this validates the theory that being in control of the pyramid gives you the power to raise anything from the dead, 115 or not. I think it's pretty interesting.

Can't wait to see the final cut bro. :D

Guest MurderMachineX

What brought me over to the side proclaiming Shangri-La to have been in Mars was that the mountains had "mars" in the codename. That's not an accident. And that would have to be SOME coincidence.

As for the cut quote, I can see what you're saying. But I'll need to wait and see how the story develops in Black Ops 2 before I get a real opinion on the matter. I might end up needing it to fill the bridge, so to speak. Or I might not use it if it turns out to go another direction. Time will tell, for me.