The Summer CoDz Fundraiser Challenges *PRIZES* ENTER NOW!

[center:2lnnsrzt]Shooter's Summer CoDz Fundraiser Challenges:[/center:2lnnsrzt]

What's up fellow CoDzers! Today I'm going to start a series of challenges here on CoDz, with a chance to win some real life prizes in exchange for your hard work. Yup, a challenge worth a little something in return. You can also consider it a chance to donate to CoDz without having the means to do so. I've been wanting to do this for awhile, so I figure now could be an appropriate time to do it, as we anticipate the arrival of BO2. Since there are real prizes up for stakes here, video proof is required for the gameplay challenge. Tac is going to be helping me out with the contest, so questions may also be directed to him if need be. Tac and I will review the videos personally to be sure all the rules are followed. Now, before we get on with the challenge, there are some requirements. You must meet 2 of the 3 following requirements:

• Have been a member of CoDz for at least one month[/*:m:2lnnsrzt]
  • Have over 50 posts[/*:m:2lnnsrzt]
  • Have over 100 brains[/*:m:2lnnsrzt]

For those of you that do not meet the requirements, don't fret. I plan on doing another contest in 8 weeks. So sign up, get posting, and keep a lookout for my next challenge shortly. Now, onto the challenges...

[center:2lnnsrzt]The Flopper Challenge:

20110509230133phdfloppe.jpg[/center:2lnnsrzt]

Goal: To get to the highest round possible within the 90 minute time limit, using only PhD Flopper to get your kills. You must buy Flopper within a certain amount of rounds, and after that point can only use Flopper to get kills. The use of any weapons or melees to get kills after that certain point will result in disqualification. You are allowed to use certain powerups.

Requirements:

• This is a Solo challenge.[/*:m:2lnnsrzt]
  • You must buy Flopper BEFORE Round 7. After this point you cannot use any other methods to kill besides Flopper and powerups.
    I've been able to get Flopper by Round 5 on all PhD maps, so this shouldn't be too hard.[/*:m:2lnnsrzt]
  • You are only allowed 1 other perk. It does not matter which order the perks are bought in.[/*:m:2lnnsrzt]
  • Before Round 7, you can use any weapons you'd prefer to get kills. After Round 7, only Flopper and powerups is allowed.[/*:m:2lnnsrzt]
  • DEATH MACHINES ARE NOT ALLOWED. If you pick one up, you cannot get any kills with it.
    [/*:m:2lnnsrzt]
  • No other direct forms of killing are allowed besides Flopper and Nukes after Round 7.[/*:m:2lnnsrzt]
  • You can hit Insta-kills, but remember you cannot knife, shoot, or throw grenades at them.[/*:m:2lnnsrzt]
  • Grenades are only allowed at the end of a match to make a crawler if needed.[/*:m:2lnnsrzt]
  • The time limit for this challenge is 90 minutes. Make the most of your time.[/*:m:2lnnsrzt]
  • Whoever has the highest round at the end of the 90 minutes will be the winner. One runner-up will be chosen as well. If it comes down to a tie, points will determine the winner.[/*:m:2lnnsrzt]
  • I must have at least 10 contestants particpate.[/*:m:2lnnsrzt]

Remember:

• Only two perks are allowed. If at any point you have three perks (even from random perk bottles) you will be disqualified.[/*:m:2lnnsrzt]
  • Flopper and Nukes are the only ways of directly killing zombies after Round 7.[/*:m:2lnnsrzt]
  • This is a timed challenge, be sure to set a timer for yourself so you can better track your progress.[/*:m:2lnnsrzt]
  • All entries should be submitted via PM.[/*:m:2lnnsrzt]

[center:2lnnsrzt]The Prizes:[/center:2lnnsrzt]

1st Place - $20 XBL or PSN card and a $25 donation to CoDz in your name or a $50 donation to CoDz in your name.

Runner Up - $25 donation to CoDz in your name.

I've already spoken to Covert about the donations and he said he'd take care of it. The winners will recieve Donor usergroup status, or a Donator medal when it's released.[/spoiler:2lnnsrzt]

[center:2lnnsrzt]Caption Contest:[/center:2lnnsrzt]

I was originally just gonna do the Flopper challenge for the first installment, but I decided to include something for the guys that cannot record or play zombies at the moment. The object of this challenge is simple. View the picture below, and come up with a one-liner or short sentence to describe what's going on in the picture. Think of something funny or cool that's suiting to the picture. They can be from any point of view, from the zombies, to the gang, to real life players, etc. Just get creative with it! You can submit your captions via PM, and you can submit as many as you'd like. At the end of the contest, all entries will be reviewed, and the top 5 will be chosen. We will then add a poll for the community to vote on their favorite line. If their is a tie the poll will be reset with the winning two and the community will then vote again. The winner will have a $25 donation to CoDz made in their name.

Here is the picture:

funnypicture.jpg[/spoiler:2lnnsrzt]

***This challenge will run for exactly 4 weeks. All videos and captions MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE BEFORE AUGUST 13, 2012 (08-13-2012)***

[tab:2lnnsrzt][/tab:2lnnsrzt]There is a possibilty of a $100 donation going to CoDz. Consider this the fund raiser. Now it's time to do your part. This contest is open to all active members of the CoDz community, including the staff as well. So long as you meet the requirements listed in the beginning of my post you may participate. I'd like to keep interest in CoDz and zombies alive for the next few months while we anticipate BO2, so hopefully this will draw a little attention. For all the regulars out there, here's a chance to give back to CoDz and donate without even paying! Let's see what you got!

[tab:2lnnsrzt][/tab:2lnnsrzt]I do understand and apologize for anyone that is unable to participate because they cannot record the footage. Unfortunately the gameplay challenge does require solid proof. However, the next challenge will be much easier to participate in for all members of the community. I plan on doing different prizes next time as well, but CoDz donations will always be an option.

Good luck to everyone!

Shooter

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jayghf1978

I salute you shooter, your relentless efforts to contribute to the forum is beyond what any of us can match. Maybe Undead, he's pretty effortful in his pursuits as well. You two have drastic styles and but identical goals, the well being of CODZ and its members. One day the forum shall retire you into the CODZ Hall of Fame.

Anyone that makes a contribution is top notch in my book.

Right back at you.

-------------------------------

Anyways here is my caption for your contest

"Macarena now!! Best dancer lives."

Also I have a donation question.

The new theme has a donate button on top, stating how much toward the 130 we need. I made a few bucks this morning yet it never showed. Just a bit concerned with the marketing strategy.

For the Flopper Challenge, why don't you make a rule so that you have to PaP all the guns you have but leave them in the PaP so that you don't opinion of cheating later on. You could say this must be done by round 15 or what ever.

Sign me up bro ;)

Ingenious idea Shooter! Will keep Black Ops alive, as well as help the CoDz community at the same time! I really admire your thought process and resolution for this. :)

If you ever need help with the donation side or anything else, just hit me up :P

Just some curious questions and thoughts.

What if you choose Quick Revive as your other perk? If you go down, do you have to buy both those perks again? Might be better if you have a no QR rule.

Is all 90 minutes required? Isn't there a limit to the amount of time you can upload to Youtube?

I know this is fairly obvious, but you should also state NO RANDOM PERK BOTTLES. If you accidentally get it (which is highly unlikely), than you'll have to restart.

If people are doing the PhD challenge, make sure they have some sort of timer with them so they know when to stop.

Have them PM footage and captions to you. If it's posted here, it might make some people reluctant to participate, so it's better not knowing how your opposition is doing. ;)

For the Flopper Challenge, why don't you make a rule so that you have to PaP all the guns you have but leave them in the PaP so that you don't opinion of cheating later on. You could say this must be done by round 15 or what ever.

That's actually a good idea. Because at any time, you might just accidentally hit the knife or shoot button. However, it would also be a bit of a time waster going to PaP both guns. But I wouldn't mind the rule.

Does the video HAVE to be HD? Or can I just record it in standard def?

No, HD is not required. Any video is fine so long as it is clear and viewable the entire length of time. The winner and runner up will have their videos added to the winner thread for all to see, so just be sure it will be viewable by others. HD video would of course be preferred.

I salute you shooter, your relentless efforts to contribute to the forum is beyond what any of us can match. Maybe Undead, he's pretty effortful in his pursuits as well. You two have drastic styles and but identical goals, the well being of CODZ and its members. One day the forum shall retire you into the CODZ Hall of Fame.

Anyone that makes a contribution is top notch in my book.

Right back at you.

-------------------------------

Anyways here is my caption for your contest

"Macarena now!! Best dancer lives."

Also I have a donation question.

The new theme has a donate button on top, stating how much toward the 130 we need. I made a few bucks this morning yet it never showed. Just a bit concerned with the marketing strategy.

Thanks for all the kind words as always jay. I strive to be the best member I can here on CoDz and hope to contribute on all levels, from gameplay to theories, to community and everything in between. That has always been my goal. My main interest will remain in theories as it always has, but I love all aspects of the game and the community. But hey, who wouldn't ;)

:lol: You're caption cracked me up. I can tell the type of the type of tone you're using.

Oh, and I never noticed that donation bar they added. So long as we get the participation in it, we'll be able to reach our goals in less than 4 weeks time!

Not a bad idea, but it may be unneccessary. So long as you hold on to your first couple guns (any wall weapons would be fine), you shouldn't have to worry about accidently killing a zombie by accident. A couple shots from a 74u shouldn't be enough to kill a zombie on Round 8. Either way, I will be reviewing every submission, and it will be clear if someone attempts to cheat in this manner.

Sign me up bro ;)

Ingenious idea Shooter! Will keep Black Ops alive, as well as help the CoDz community at the same time! I really admire your thought process and resolution for this. :)

If you ever need help with the donation side or anything else, just hit me up :P

Just some curious questions and thoughts.

What if you choose Quick Revive as your other perk? If you go down, do you have to buy both those perks again? Might be better if you have a no QR rule.

Is all 90 minutes required? Isn't there a limit to the amount of time you can upload to Youtube?

I know this is fairly obvious, but you should also state NO RANDOM PERK BOTTLES. If you accidentally get it (which is highly unlikely), than you'll have to restart.

If people are doing the PhD challenge, make sure they have some sort of timer with them so they know when to stop.

Have them PM footage and captions to you. If it's posted here, it might make some people reluctant to participate, so it's better not knowing how your opposition is doing. ;)

Definately, that's ultimately why I choose to have submissions sent through PMs. I should really reiterate that on the post.

If you go down with QR, then yes, you must buy both perks back. I wanted to keep QR as an option so you have to choose between Jugg or QR. The obvious choice is Jugg, but if you mess up then it's game over. I'll reiterate on the post that only 2 perks are allowed.

As for the time limit, I could perhaps lower it to 60 minutes. But I think 90 minutes might be better suiting. Youtube allows you to verify your account via a telephone number and you can have an unlimited time limit for uploads.

Great points BTW here Rissole! Very much appreciated as always.

The most we can do now is just promote the challeng. I hope people can see this and gain some interest. After all, it's all for CoDz!

Guest Undead xP

Haha I absolutely love this, I'll be sure to get on the caption one ASAP, once I started the Meme thread, I couldn't stop. This will be fun! :twisted:

Very well done Shooter and Tac, my regards to your both for your excellent ideas to bettering the forums and gathering the community. I love to see this stuff come together and Iook forward to the results. ;)

• Administrators

Haha I absolutely love this, I'll be sure to get on the caption one ASAP, once I started the Meme thread, I couldn't stop. This will be fun! :twisted:

Very well done Shooter and Tac, my regards to your both for your excellent ideas to bettering the forums and gathering the community. I love to see this stuff come together and Iook forward to the results. ;)

Haha don't give me credit for this one, twas all his idea!

Guest jayghf1978

The silent night in late July allowed me to enjoy birds chirping, crickets calling, dogs barking.

A brilliant man's love for the forum fueled his heart to show his patriotism, his allegiance, his passion for CODZ. He readies his ray gun, and his mustang and sally, for the uphill battle he is about to engage. As the horde of undead cannibals sprint for his flesh, Tac stood by his side ready to assist in anyway. They ask for your support, to help project your town, your families, your memories.

Please support shooter in his journey for better CODZ. Do it not for shooter, not for Tac, not for me, but for you.

The silent night in late July allowed me to enjoy birds chirping, crickets calling, dogs barking.

A brilliant man's love for the forum fueled his heart to show his patriotism, his allegiance, his passion for CODZ. He readies his ray gun, and his mustang and sally, for the uphill battle he is about to engage. As the horde of undead cannibals sprint for his flesh, Tac stood by his side ready to assist in anyway. They ask for your support, to help project your town, your families, your memories.

Please support shooter in his journey to better CODZ. Do it not for shooter, not for Tac, not for me, but for you.

:D

This is why I like you jay. The continuing love and dedication you have for this site is just awesome man. Can't say how great it's been since you arrived here at CoDz. I enjoy all the threads you post, and I try to catch them all when I see one posted.

BTW congrats on the puppy man. Chopper is a badass name for a dog.

Anywho, I hope people really get interested in this. I know everyone can't record their gameplay, but I know plenty of members that can. I hope to see some participation as the deadline gets nearer. ;)

For anyone that's ever said that they wanted to donate, but didn't have the means to do so, here is the perfect opportunity to do just that. Donate without paying. Why wouldn't you want to give it a shot?!

Might have to jump in on that 90 minute PhD Flopper challenge, sounds like fun :D

Good to see people giving so much back to the community [brains]

Uh oh, looks like Super's gonna have you guys on your toes! :)