There Is No Yuri Kravcheski

I was so frustrated when I found this. I found this when I was going through the Radios, trying to figure out my storyline. What I found is that some had been grossly mistranscribed. That was at least livable. What was extremely inexcusable is that Kravcheski is not Yuri's last name. It just isn't. His last name is Zavoyski. Yuri Zavoyski.

Don't believe me? Listen to Ascension Radio 1 and Ascension Radio 4.

Here is cjdog23's video; he has the highest quality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88X95oXuI64&feature=plcp

Go to 3:45 for Ascension Radio 1 and 4:49 for Ascension Radio 4. Make sure your volume is adjusted as necessary.

I believe it is as clear as day. I blame the misinformation of "Kravcheski" on the Call of Duty Wiki. Every time a new map comes out, users flock to the Wiki to try to be the first at something. Naturally, quality of the articles decline drastically. So someone mistranscribed Yuri's last name, and no one has really bothered to check it himself or herself.

I think this misinformation is inexcusable. Please post and comment to try to keep this thread up long enough to where people can see this horrendous error.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MyLittleHellhound

Yeah, wow.....

It almost sounds like Yavoski but I guess it doesn't really matter whether it is a "Z" or a "Y" right now.

Good find MurderMachineX :)

Guest MurderMachineX

I disagree. It really sounds like a "z" to me. Yuri's first name begins with a "y". There's a distinct difference between the beginning of his first and last names.

Change? Like events in the storyline? No. But they got the name of one of the sub-major characters WRONG! That is just sloppy. It'd be just as major as finding out that Gersch's name was Gorsho, or something like that. My main frustration is that it seems that NO ONE has stumbled across this. *shakes head* Sorry for my upsetedness. I just really hate the CoD Wiki.

Guest Kill_All_Monkeys

I disagree. It really sounds like a "z" to me. Yuri's first name begins with a "y". There's a distinct difference between the beginning of his first and last names.

Change? Like events in the storyline? No. But they got the name of one of the sub-major characters WRONG! That is just sloppy. It'd be just as major as finding out that Gersch's name was Gorsho, or something like that. My main frustration is that it seems that NO ONE has stumbled across this. *shakes head* Sorry for my upsetedness. I just really hate the CoD Wiki.

Pardon my language, but all they ever do on the wiki is bitch about cod anyways. I only go there for the recent news on cod, as they are usually the first to put up links to articles and videos and such.

Guest Shooter

The Call of Duty Wiki was wrong about something???!!!

*GASP* :o

Good thing to point out though. I've noticed this as well. And that's not the only radio transcript they have wrong either, although it's a pretty big one to miss.

Guest MurderMachineX

lol guys. Yeah, I joined the CoD Wiki long ago, trying to correct their false information. They just don't listen to reason. So then I came here.

Guest Rissole25

You've got some good ears Murder. I and I'm sure many others have listened to them before, but I would've never picked that up! I guess I just didn't pay attention closely and assumed it was 'Kravcheski'.

This is probably the largest mistake the community as a whole has made, being that we didn't listen closely enough. Funny how it took us 15 months to realize we were wrong.

Guest AlphaSnake

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=8082&start=30

Transmission 1:

"I convey my sincere gradtitude to you for that, but on to bussiness. I am pleased to report that all projects are running smoothly again after recent personnel changes, as I have previously mention Yuri Zavoyski is a brilliant scientist, but he has so far proven incapable of handling project Mercury, or as you call it "The Gersch device" (Laughs). Due to numerous delays and setback I have sadly been forced to transfer Yuri to the ei..(Interference)64/A experiments, I have decided that your nephew should take his place. I look forward to working withhim directly. The recent incident with the Cashmir mechanism leaves no doubt in my mind that this is the right decision, the explosion caused the mechanism significate damage, it will take time to re-manufacture all of the part, unless some of them can be salvaged." (Transmission Ends)

Dr. Gersch... Ascension Launch Facility, Baikonur cosmodrome.

I have always said it was Zavoyski.

I don't use cod wiki it has it's problems.

Regards Alpha.

Guest ZKI Leader

Never mind I thought you were being general with the name lol no your right the name was messed up when i went on the cod wiki :D your the first person ive seen actually know that the name was wrong lol

Guest MurderMachineX

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=8082&start=30

Transmission 1:

"I convey my sincere gradtitude to you for that, but on to bussiness. I am pleased to report that all projects are running smoothly again after recent personnel changes, as I have previously mention Yuri Zavoyski is a brilliant scientist, but he has so far proven incapable of handling project Mercury, or as you call it "The Gersch device" (Laughs). Due to numerous delays and setback I have sadly been forced to transfer Yuri to the ei..(Interference)64/A experiments, I have decided that your nephew should take his place. I look forward to working withhim directly. The recent incident with the Cashmir mechanism leaves no doubt in my mind that this is the right decision, the explosion caused the mechanism significate damage, it will take time to re-manufacture all of the part, unless some of them can be salvaged." (Transmission Ends)

I have always said it was Zavoyski.

I don't use cod wiki it has it's problems.

Regards Alpha.

I'm not claiming to be the first to discover this. But I did discover it and am trying to make sure the right thing is known. So you discovered it before me, but then why does no one know about this? Why does the official CoDz character Bios say "Kravcheski"? You are rather high-ranking, are you not? We must make sure the public knows of this error.

And thank you guys.

'm not claiming to be the first to discover this. But I did discover it and am trying to make sure the right thing is known. So you discovered it before me, but then why does no one know about this? Why does the official CoDz character Bios say "Kravcheski"? You are rather high-ranking, are you not? We must make sure the public knows of this error.

There is no official CoDz Character Bios, only user made versions based on their thoughts.

As a heads up, the spelling of Gersch is wrong too on CoD Wiki. They call him Gersch, but it is actually Gersh according to the sound files and achievements.

Guest AlphaSnake

Ok, noted.

Also we should sort out the Ludwig thing here & now.

It is not Ludwig, it is Ludvig.

The evidence is on Maxis' desk & in the Terminal files.

Regards Alpha.

Ok, noted.

Also we should sort out the Ludwig thing here & now.

It is not Ludwig, it is Ludvig.

The evidence is on Maxis' desk & in the Terminal files.

Regards Alpha.

However, in the game when you get the Gersh Device out of the box, the name on the screen has it spelled Gersch, so I don't know what you would like to believe on that.

As for Maxis, I also share the common belief it is Ludvig. I don't even remember anywhere it says Ludwig, so if someone could point that out it would be nice.

Guest MurderMachineX

Also, with Zavoski, I want to know why you guys say Zavoyski?

So:

Zavoski? Zavoyski?

Gersch? Gersh?

Ludvig? Ludwig?

I'm not sure on the first, but on the latter two I am pretty sure that both ways are acceptable. "Gersh" was used for the Achievement. "Gersch" was used in Intel 439. Both "Ludvig" and "Ludwig" are used in the CIA files.

Also, with Zavoski, I want to know why you guys say Zavoyski?

So:

Zavoski? Zavoyski?

Gersch? Gersh?

Ludvig? Ludwig?

I'm not sure on the first, but on the latter two I am pretty sure that both ways are acceptable. "Gersh" was used for the Achievement. "Gersch" was used in Intel 439. Both "Ludvig" and "Ludwig" are used in the CIA files.

I think that there is a clear 'y' sound in Zavoyski when he says it so I am going with that, for my personal story. Also, which file in the terminal says Ludwig? I only remember seeing a Ludvig.

Guest MurderMachineX

ServantA00001.txt, ServerOrigin.txt, and Giant9.txt use "ludvig".

The other "Giant" files use "LUDWIG"

Using Ludvig:

- ServantA00001.txt (he says "I am ludvig maxis)

- ServantA00359.txt (Prototype Developed by Doctor Ludvig Maxis)

- Der Riese Plaque:

Maxis.jpg

Using Ludwig:

- Giant1.txt through Giant7.txt (The voice heard in this recording is confirmed as DR. LUDWIG MAXIS)

- ServantA91374.txt (“Ludwig Maxis “Personal file.)

- ServantB70001.txt (“Ludwig Maxis “Personal file.)

- ServantB70326.txt (“Ludwig Maxis “Personal file.)

-_- Why did you bother asking if you already knew?

I figured you would use all the references to his name, but you didn't, so you made me have to go out and get them.