Has anyone though if the Moon computer voice is Sophia?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MurderMachineX

It isn't. It is just the PA system of Griffin Station. The voice is actually American. Richtofen specifically mentions this. If you'd like, I could try to fetch the quote.

Guest Matuzz

It isn't. It is just the PA system of Griffin Station. The voice is actually American. Richtofen specifically mentions this. If you'd like, I could try to fetch the quote.

I'm pretty sure we don't know Sophia's nationality. Maybe she gave her voice for the computer or maybe not.

Guest MyLittleHellhound

I'm pretty sure we don't know Sophia's nationality. Maybe she gave her voice for the computer or maybe not.

All we know is that she is

"Maybe dead"

and

Maxis' secretary

and

They had something going?

Guest Shooter

It's possible. While her nationality has never been confirmed, I believe a quote from Richtofen from Moon might give a hint at her nationality. I'll quote Richtofen:

"What is it with Groph’s obsession with American women, all they do is play games!"

I think it's safe to assume that when Richtofen says this, he's speaking from experience. And what's the only female that we know about besides Samantha? Sophia. Furthermore, I think the quote is referring to when Richtofen and Maxis were working together at Der Riese, and Sophia became a distraction to Maxis.

***SERVANT ENTRY B70001***

Ludwig Maxis. Personal File.

I fear Sophia has grown unnecessarily attached to me. I catch her looking in my direction, but she quickly looks away. I admit, she is an attractive specimen. I should send her away, she is a distraction, from my work. My mind wanders to thoughts of her.

***END FILE***

I'm starting to believe Sophia was indeed American.

Speaking of Sophia, I'm currently doing an analysis on the Moon quotes, and here's one I found to be a bit interesting. Samantha says this when picking a sniper rifle out of the box (1 of 5 possible quotes). It's just a bit....odd.

“First I’ll find Teddy, then Sophia”

*Note: Teddy could be a refernce to Richtofen. Ill go into this further on the thread.

Guest Rissole25

Ergh I have to much to say on this. So I will just say I don't agree, mainly because if Sophia had known about Griffin Station, she would've told Maxis. Plus, I'm pretty sure those on Griffin Station stayed up there the whole time and didn't switch between Der Riese and Griffin Station. It'd be impossible for Sophia to have been up there for about 3 years?

Speaking of Sophia, I'm currently doing an analysis on the Moon quotes, and here's one I found to be a bit interesting. Samantha says this when picking a sniper rifle out of the box (1 of 5 possible quotes). It's just a bit....odd.

“First I’ll find Teddy, then Sophia”

*Note: Teddy could be a refernce to Richtofen. Ill go into this further on the thread.

Are you serious?! This is the first Sophia reference since the terminal in BO's. This may very well mean Sophia's coming back into it!

Can't wait for your thread Shooter. :D

Guest MurderMachineX

Richtofen said Americans weren't allowed into 935.

"Dr. Maxis doesn't [static] any Americans into Group 935, no matter how much genius they have." - Richtofen

Guest Matuzz

"Dr. Maxis doesn't [static] any Americans into Group 935, no matter how much genius they have." - Richtofen

Though it still was multinational group.

Involving Peter and Harvey Yena who both were Americans.

Guest MurderMachineX

Yes, it is multinational, with the sole exception of Americans. No Americans allowed. Peter was American, but had that been known he would not have been ALLOWED. Unless you're saying Sophia was a spy, then it doesn't work. [And Richtofen suspected of Harvey being one. It isn't confirmed whether he was.]

Guest MyLittleHellhound

That doesn't necessarily say "allow".

For all we know it could say "like"

And therefore Maxis would let them in, just not like them.

Guest MurderMachineX

One can't like Americans into an organization. That makes no sense. Rationalize it in as various ways as you'd like, "allow" is the best fitting word there.

Guest MexicanIlluminati

That doesn't necessarily say "allow".

For all we know it could say "like"

And therefore Maxis would let them in, just not like them.

I agree. I don't think it necessarily said "like" though. And the actual quote says "Dr. Maxis [static] any Americans at group 935": it never says "doesn't" like Murder said.

Use this for reference (skip to 2:45)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TN-3UAabP4

If you listen to the static, I think its WAY too big of a leap to assume it says "doesn't allow".

Guest MurderMachineX

My bad on the "doesn't". But that doesn't give you any right to edit the quote. The quote is:

"Dr. Maxis [static] any Americans into Group 935, no matter how much genius they have." - Richtofen

Everything I have said still holds true. What are you possibly going to say could fit in there? You can't "like" someone into an organization. Think of any verb phrase you want. I dare you.

Guest MyLittleHellhound

Sorry, what I meant was that another word could go in there... :| You don't have to dare me to do anything :?

It can't be " let" now, because "doesn't" is out of the equation.

"Dr.Maxis (let) any Americans into Group 935, no matter how much genius they have"

So in that case, we are back at square one for the missing word.

Guest MurderMachineX

Nooo....

Doesn't is not out the equation. Doesn't can (and I say is) still (be) there.

Dr. Maxis doesn't allow Americans...

Dr. Maxis doesn't let Americans...

Same thing.

It's not a missing word. It's a blank. A blank can be filled with however long the blank was, which was long enough for a verb phrase, not just a simple verb. So it can very well be filled with "doesn't allow" or "doesn't let". But I say I dare you to find any alternative, because I simply don't think it possible.

Guest MyLittleHellhound

Well I can't think of one, I thoight I'd give it a shot. I'll mull it over sooner or later, and just for kicks and giggles I won't take your dare. :)

Guest killallzombies

Nooo....

Doesn't is not out the equation. Doesn't can (and I say is) still (be) there.

Dr. Maxis doesn't allow Americans...

Dr. Maxis doesn't let Americans...

Same thing.

It's not a missing word. It's a blank. A blank can be filled with however long the blank was, which was long enough for a verb phrase, not just a simple verb. So it can very well be filled with "doesn't allow" or "doesn't let". But I say I dare you to find any alternative, because I simply don't think it possible.

There you go with that "dare" thing again. :?

Further more,"doesn't" can also be used like this:

Maxis doesn't like Americans...

Maxis doesn't want Americans...

The phrase "doesn't like" and the phrase "doesn't want" doesn't automatically say that Maxis didn't have American members.

In all reality,I believe that this is just one of Treyarch's many Mad-Libs that they've inserted into Nazi zombies,and that its true meaning is up to the reader,and how they perceive it.

Now if anyone has any conclusive evidence that doesn't have to do with American Language Arts (unless its something we haven't seen) then by all means prove me wrong and stop me from closing the book on this theory.

Guest MurderMachineX

+1 for spiteful post

There you go with that "dare" thing again. :?

Again? Like a second time? I merely explained why I used it the first time.

Further more,"doesn't" can also be used like this:

Maxis doesn't like Americans...

Maxis doesn't want Americans...

The phrase "doesn't like" and the phrase "doesn't want" doesn't automatically say that Maxis didn't have American members.

Way to take the quote out of context.

"Dr. Maxis doesn't like Americans into Group 935[...]"????????

"Dr. Maxis doesn't want Americans into Group 935[...]"????????

Those make NO sense.

In all reality,I believe that this is just one of Treyarch's many Mad-Libs that they've inserted into Nazi zombies,and that its true meaning is up to the reader,and how they perceive it.

It really isn't hard to see. Just try and fill in the blank to where there is grammatical sense. Remember, the verb phrase has to put Americans INTO Group 935, plus the "no matter" phrase indicates the verb phrase is negative. Just put something in there, and read the WHOLE quote and see if it makes sense.

Now if anyone has any conclusive evidence that doesn't have to do with American Language Arts (unless its something we haven't seen) then by all means prove me wrong and stop me from closing the book on this theory.

Unless you have any conclusive evidence that anything logically inequivalent to "don't allow" fits into the quote, then Sophia is not American and thus not a computerized voice in Griffin Station.

And its MLA.

Guest perfectlemonade

Kind sir, dear friend, the murderer of machines with the x, I believe you need take a deep breath and just relax.

Now, I am not much for dares. I've always been a truth kind of guy. But that doesn't mean I will take on your double dog dare of awesome power. So, without further ado, I present to you, my dare:

You are grasping at straws. You can't just make up words to put in static and call them fact. Look, I can do it to:

Dr. Maxis doesn't backhand Americans into Group 935

Dr. Maxis doesn't follow Americans into Group 935

Dr. Maxis doesn't tackle Americans into Group 935

The possibilities are endless. Point is, there's no way to know what he's saying. Period. You may think you know, but at the end of the day, you simply do not know, and neither does anyone else. We are just theorizing here.

Oh, and look into Harvey Yena some. I'm no theorist, but I know enough. Matuzz is a smart man. Listen to him. :)

That is all. Good day, sir.

-perfect

Guest Monopoly Mac

The way I see it is that they didn't allow Americans simply because Peter had to "pose" as an scientist from Munich.

Guest MurderMachineX

Kind sir, dear friend, the murderer of machines with the x, I believe you need take a deep breath and just relax.

Now, I am not much for dares. I've always been a truth kind of guy. But that doesn't mean I will take on your double dog dare of awesome power. So, without further ado, I present to you, my dare:

You are grasping at straws. You can't just make up words to put in static and call them fact. Look, I can do it to:

The possibilities are endless. Point is, there's no way to know what he's saying. Period. You may think you know, but at the end of the day, you simply do not know, and neither does anyone else. We are just theorizing here.

Oh, and look into Harvey Yena some. I'm no theorist, but I know enough. Matuzz is a smart man. Listen to him. :)

-perfect

No. The possibilities ARE endless if you IGNORE the entire quote.

"Dr. Maxis ____________ Americans into Group 935, no matter how much genius they have!"

Backhand? It is impossible to backhand someone into an organization. It's a slap.

Follow? Maxis is already in 935.

Tackle? Tackling doesn't put members into an organization.

You have to find a word that fits into the sentence. Not just pick any word out of thin air. Look, I could do that too:

Dr. Maxis doesn't poop Americans into Group 935

Dr. Maxis doesn't pop Americans into Group 935

Dr. Maxis doesn't sop Americans into Group 935

Sure, I put words in there, but do any of them make sense? Of course not.

You guys can argue all you want, but unless someone gives an honest successful attempt at putting a verb phrase into the blank while considering the WHOLE quote, then I know that I am indeed right.

EDIT: I know all about Harvey. And that is his two in-game mentions. I know people have their theories, but those are theories. This here is fact.

Guest MexicanIlluminati

-perfect

Agreed. The static can be filled with many possible fills.

And Murder, if you listen closely to the quote with an open mind, it clearly has a distinct "-oved" sound at the end of the static. My opinion is that he said "moved" but thats just me.

Also it clearly says "at" in the place of what you guys have been quoting as "into". Now to me "Dr. Maxis doesn't allow any Americans at Group 935" sounds gramatically awkward. "At" sounds like it denotes a place. If they meant to say that no Americans are allowed membership in 935, I believe they would say "into" which they are clearly not.

As a sidenote, I believe it says "no matter HOW much genious they HELD." Not "hold", but "held". Past tense. Not sure if that makes a difference to anyone but yeah :D

Murder this is not an attack on you. Please understand that. Consider this constructive criticism. ;)

Guest AlphaSnake

Alpha says:

After weighing the evidence to death.

I will say that Sophia is Samantha's mother, Sophia & Dr. Maxis became very close while working at Verruckt & Der Riese as members of Group 935.

I haven't the time to post my full evidence yet but I will soon.

I will agree that Sophia "Could be American".

Siberian Station (COTD) Radio Four:

"Entry 1474 Date: September 20th 1945: Dear diary. It would seem that the O.S.S realized that we captured one of their spies. They tried to send a rescue team into Verrückt that was (Interference) by the first batch of test subjects, Haha. I suspect that there are other moles in the organization, Dr. Harvey Yena, and Dr. Peter mckay to be precise. Dr M(Interference) include any Americans at group 935, no matter how much genius they have. Stupid Americans with their apple pies und baseball und children, but I digress (Interference). The new American test subject is interesting, und muscely, his intellect seems low but his will is strong, like the others he doesn't seem to know who he is anymore. Unlike the others, he keeps breaking the restraints und yelling at (Interference). Test Subject N3WB is still staring at the floor muttering what sounds like some kind of proverb over and over again, I think his mind may have been destroyed by the process? Oh well. The Russian subject recently begun responding to stimuli, but only after injecting him with a new serum made primarily from vodka? Perhaps this is the break through we've been w(Interference)" (Transmission Ends)

Dr. Edward Richtofen - Siberian Group935 Research Outpost

Dr Maxis should not include any Americans at group 935, no matter how much genius they have. Stupid Americans with their apple pies und baseball und children, but I digress (Interference).

See it is possible Group 935 had American members.

Also:

Der Riese Radio One:

"Gentleman, Allow me to take this opportunity to welcome you into group nine three five. This is a prestigious moment in the history of our race for you represents the future of technological advancement. You are the pioneers of human discovery. In your hands lies the destiny of mankind. In our hands is a great power and with that power comes a price. You have volunteered to be part of this great experiment and with that decision comes the responsibility of absolute secrecy. No one is to know what you do where you work what our research has discovered or what our purpose will be. You will have no further contact with your governments or your families. Your decision to fully dedicate your lives to group nine three five is absolute. In your lockers you will find your field ops manual which will direct you should our manifest get compromised. We cannot afford to let this power fall into the wrong hands and therefore the field ops manual should be considered your bible. Make your preparations now, a new dawn is beginning for mankind."

Dr. Maxis - The Der Riese Waffenfabrik Group935 facility, Lower Silesia, Breslau, Wroc?aw Poland, the date of this transmission is unknown, however given this is the founding of group 935, it would have most likely have been around 1939-1941.

You will have no further contact with your governments or your families...

Governments = International = Americans & other nations present at Group 935's founding moment.

"What is it with Groph’s obsession with American women, all they do is play games!" Dr. Richtofen on Moon.

As others have already said.

Sophia "could" be American & she could have been the voice for the Der Riese PA system as well as Dr. Maxis. Dr. Richtofen stole the voice of Sophia as a sick little joke for his Griffin Station on Moon.

Regards Alpha.

Guest MurderMachineX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hUm-p-DXSQ&feature=plcp

3:36

Dr. Maxis ________ Americans in Group 935, no matter how much genius they held.

I listened to it, but the above is the most I am willing to budge. It does NOT say "at".

As for the "-oved", that's really flimsy. Its distorted. Not to mention many words have different ways of being said, not to mention f's sound like v's. From that phrase, the only intelligable sound I get out of it is that the word ended with a d.