Where did Maxis Teleport?

I was listening to the Moon Radios and I noticed that Maxis did not teleport DIRECTLY to the moon as i once thought he did.

Use this for reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe8s_Vz8VRI

skip to 12:15

This radio file details the scientists at Griffin Station as they locate Maxis and bring him to Griffin Station via MPD. If you listen closely at 13:23 Maxis gives a hint at where he was pre-teleportation. He seems to say "tunnel"? My question is, does anyone have any theories as o where Maxis was teleported to from Der Riese? Evidence to back it up would be appreciated.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tunnel 6 or 11 you take your pick.

This is also backed up by Richtofen telling Dr. Groph & Dr. Schuster (? is that right) to also watch out for the Hell hound Fluffy, meaning that Sam, Maxis & Fluffy all randomly arrived at Griffin station on the Moon.

One thing this proves is that the MPD MDT above the Pyramid is capable of being targetted.

There is no proof Maxis was ever at Shangri-La.

Why would he have let Richtofen control such vast amounts of 115? Because he didn't know about it.

Shangri-La is Richtofen's personal 115 mine & the people were his slaves until zombification from mining out the 115.

Others were there from Group 935 who Richotfen recruited into his splint Group 935 faction.

The Shrink Ray has been pretty much proven to be tied to Richtofen's name.

Remember Edward is a liar, he tries to pretend that he knows very little about what is going on.

So he occasionally says thing we know to be outright lies.

Regards Alpha.

That's a clever theory and it's well supported by Richtofen's quote on the radio. Perhaps Maxis was never at Shangri La but I do believe that he was at least working on a similar device. He was working on a device that can shrink an object, one that holds massive amounts of energy, into the size of a walnut. Most likely to help him with his projects involving Vril.

I think Aether is an unlikely choice. Follow me here.

Richtofen teleports Maxis and Sam from Der Riese. We know Sam ends up at the Moon, Maxis we're not sure of.

Now, we also know that immediately after Sam arrives at Griffin Station, she runs past security and runs into the MPD aka the Vril Pyramid aka Aether. So Sam's in Aether almost immediately after Ed teleported them from Der Riese.

Meanwhile, Maxis is teleported to a "wretched tunnel". If this tunnel was indeed Aether, Maxis and Sam would have been reunited and the events that followed at Griffin Station most likely wouldn't have occured. Therefore, we can conclude this tunnel was not Aether.

So how do we know the "wretched tunnel" is Shangri La? Well here's my theory. Up to that point in time, Richtofen had only successfully teleported to two places, Moon and a "jungle"(after touching the pyramid for the first time). One could assume the "jungle" and "wretched tunnel" would be the same location. So what location has a jungle and tunnel? Shangri La.

It wouldn't quite make sense for Richtofen to send Maxis somewhere like Paris. And let's be honest, Richtofen isn't exactly known for his accurate time traveling skills anyways. This is supported by the fact he warns Groph and Schuster to look out for Maxis and Fluffy after he teleported them all from Der Riese. Clearly Maxis and hellhounds didnt up at Der Riese, so in reality Richtofen had no idea where they went, Hence why he's suprised to hear San ended up at Griffin Station. He wouldn't be able to control where Maxis is sent, because well, he doesn't know what the hell he's doing. So if Ed can't control where they're sent, and Maxis didn't go to the Moon, he went to the only other known teleportable location, a "jungle and wretched tunnel, Shangri La.

The radios support a lot of this. I'm currently working a thread about exactly what happened that day. I'll be sure to come back tomorrow and add all the radios that support this.

Tunnel 6 or 11 you take your pick.

This is also backed up by Richtofen telling Dr. Groph & Dr. Schuster (? is that right) to also watch out for the Hell hound Fluffy, meaning that Sam, Maxis & Fluffy all randomly arrived at Griffin station on the Moon.

One thing this proves is that the MPD MDT above the Pyramid is capable of being targetted.

Why would he have let Richtofen control such vast amounts of 115? Because he didn't know about it.

Shangri-La is Richtofen's personal 115 mine & the people were his slaves until zombification from mining out the 115.

Others were there from Group 935 who Richotfen recruited into his splint Group 935 faction.

The Shrink Ray has been pretty much proven to be tied to Richtofen's name.

Remember Edward is a liar, he tries to pretend that he knows very little about what is going on.

So he occasionally says thing we know to be outright lies.

Regards Alpha.

Wow, that's an interesting one I've never contemplated Alpha. It's always nice to hear new takes on it. I like it.

I just don't see Schuster and Groph using the MPD/pyramid to locate Maxis if he was not more than 50 feet away in one of the tunnels though. I don't think Maxis would describe the tunnels of Griffin Station as "wretched" either IMO.

I think Aether is an unlikely choice. Follow me here.

Richtofen teleports Maxis and Sam from Der Riese. We know Sam ends up at the Moon, Maxis we're not sure of.

Now, we also know that immediately after Sam arrives at Griffin Station, she runs past security and runs into the MPD aka the Vril Pyramid aka Aether. So Sam's in Aether almost immediately after Ed teleported them from Der Riese.

Meanwhile, Maxis is teleported to a "wretched tunnel". If this tunnel was indeed Aether, Maxis and Sam would have been reunited and the events that followed at Griffin Station most likely wouldn't have occured. Therefore, we can conclude this tunnel was not Aether.

Well there is no reason that Maxis would have reunited with Samantha. Because the gang has teleported several times without never coming across with Sam. So why Maxis would have been any different?

Also Dr. Gorph and Dr. Schuster use MDT and computers to locate and bring Maxis back. I don't see them using those to bring someone back from any physical place (shangri-la/Moon tunnels). They used them to locate Maxis in the Ather and then teleport him to the Moon mainframe.

Richtofen warns the people at Moon station becauce he has no idea where they went and they could appear in Moon. Samantha did. Maxis was stuck looping at the Aether and Hellhound seemed to appear in many places (SNN, Der Riese, Kino)

IMO this is exactly how it went.

Is it possible that when Richtofen never intended to teleport anyone in the first place? When he trapped Maxis Sam and the Hellhound in the teleporter maybe he intended the Teleporter to just kill them (atoms disassembled etc.). He sounds very confused when he hears that Sam appeared at Griffin Station ("How did she end up there?"). Later he says "if the child ended up there, then Maxis must be somewhere too", as if he was suprised that the teleportation even took place. Possible?

"I knew Maxis was working on such a device, but I had no idea he was successful."

— When getting the 31-79 JGb215

Doesn't mean he was working on it in Shangri-la. Plus why would Maxis call it a "wretched tunnel" if he had the rescources to work on a Wonder Weapon?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Is it possible that when Richtofen never intended to teleport anyone in the first place? When he trapped Maxis Sam and the Hellhound in the teleporter maybe he intended the Teleporter to just kill them (atoms disassembled etc.). He sounds very confused when he hears that Sam appeared at Griffin Station ("How did she end up there?"). Later he says "if the child ended up there, then Maxis must be somewhere too", as if he was suprised that the teleportation even took place. Possible?

I think that that is very possible, he does say that he will take care of the little brat and he knows just what to do with Maxis. However, since he says "end up there" it makes me believe he tried to teleport them somewhere else, but when they arrived in Moon, he was baffled. Remember Test Subject 5 in the Der Riese radios, the test subject had disappeared from the test chamber and did not appear in the mainframe. Perhaps Richtofen tried to do the same with them? Either that or he tried to send them to Aether.

Also, you can combine this theory and Alpha's. Richtofen had intended to kill them both but when he realized that Sam hadn't died, he figured that Maxis hadn't either. From there is a small jump in saying that Maxis went to Tunnel 6 or 11.

I think that that is very possible, he does say that he will take care of the little brat and he knows just what to do with Maxis. However, since he says "end up there" it makes me believe he tried to teleport them somewhere else, but when they arrived in Moon, he was baffled. Remember Test Subject 5 in the Der Riese radios, the test subject had disappeared from the test chamber and did not appear in the mainframe. Perhaps Richtofen tried to do the same with them? Either that or he tried to send them to Aether.

Also, you can combine this theory and Alpha's. Richtofen had intended to kill them both but when he realized that Sam hadn't died, he figured that Maxis hadn't either. From there is a small jump in saying that Maxis went to Tunnel 6 or 11.

Well honestly Alphas theory doesn't sit well with me given what OstonedShooter said a few posts up. The use of the MPD suggests that the target (Maxis) was too far away for them to retrieve by hand.

I believe he was in Aether personally, since no one has given evidence against that yet.

• Administrators

The reason I will never believe he was in Aether was because if he was there, Samantha would have known. She is practically the ruler of Aether, she knows everything that goes in and out, like Gersh. She knows the second he leaves and gets pissed, she has that sixth sense to know everything about Aether. If Maxis was there, she would have known and tried to make contact with him inside Aether, but she never makes any hints to her knowing he was there. She has a reunion with he father when he gets teleported back to Moon, but Samantha and Maxis would of had that reunion if he was in Aether.

I don't believe she HAD to have known he was there in Aether with her.

We really don't know much about the Aether as far as what it looks like. Its not necessarily one space or one room/compartment etc. It can be a vast dimension. This picture of Aether makes it totally possible that Sam didn't know Maxis was with her.

As for this "Aether sixth sense", you mentioned how she was aware that Gersch had left the Aether but isn't it possible that this was only because she had learned how to be in control of her "Aether sixth sense" by now?

When she opened the MPD to talk to Maxis she seems VERY distraught. She is crying from all that has happened to her and seems to be in no condition to be aware of her surroundings in our world, let alone in Aether.

Perhaps when she first entered the MPD she wasn't familiar enough to sense that her father was there too, and she later over time developed a familiarity with the Aether where she could sense that Gersch had left?

• Administrators

Aether is indeed a vast dimension, it is a very very large area. The reason, I believe, that she is distraught when she opens up the MPD is because she is seeing her father for the first time in a while. She is surprised to see him and overfilled with emotion. And yes, it is possible that over time she became more familiar with her surroundings in Aether, but I don't believe that she had no idea of her powers. You make a good case, I just think that she would have been able to know who or what was inside Aether from the beginning since she essentially ruled it.

• Administrators

I will give in and say it could be Aether. I just hope that they will reveal a bit more to us in the next game. One quote that interests me is the one from Shangri-La when Richtofen is going down, "I'm coming for you Maxis!!" In the Moon radios, someone is shot, and many think it to be Maxis. In Moon, when Maxis is in the computer, Richtofen is puzzled how he got in there. So, when Richtofen is saying he is coming for Maxis, what is he meaning by it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Maybe since Maxis was so close to the MPD when he died Sam was able to have some influence as to where his soul went? Sam could have re directed Maxis soul into the computers at Griffin Station so now his soul is integrated into the systems? This would explain Maxis' control over the rockets

I think that that theory is definitely possible just because we know so little about what happened and what can happen to a person in the MPD and what their powers are. Based on the emotions and level of intelligence, I've always felt that it was truly Maxis in the computers, but I know that quite a few others have believed it is actually an AI system.

I think that that theory is definitely possible just because we know so little about what happened and what can happen to a person in the MPD and what their powers are. Based on the emotions and level of intelligence, I've always felt that it was truly Maxis in the computers, but I know that quite a few others have believed it is actually an AI system.

I always thought it was his soul in the machine. An AI that complex would have taken years to develop plus the response time would have been much longer. Sam's control over the Aether easily gives her the ability to transfer his soul into the system. Why she didn't bring him into the Aether is another question, unless she let him into the machine when the group arrived at No Man's Land/Moon.