Here is question for you

In Kino loading screen Richtofen is thinking by himself where that little girl went.

Why? When he knows exactly where Samantha is and how to get her out of there.

So:

A: Treyarch messed up with the time lines.

B: That recording is from past and Richtofen went to Kino right after he "killed" Sam and before he heard that she was teleported in Moon.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rissole25

C: Richtofen was playing dumb.

D: Richtofen forgot.

E: Treyarch didn't want to reveal that information so early on.

I'm going with a combination of A and E, with a little bit of C. Because I'm sure they had some idea on what Samantha's situation was, but hadn't planned it out fully (ie; Moon and it's radios) at that time. Treyarch not wanting to reveal it at that point, just had him say that. Although he says it in a surprised tone (he'd just discovered the MDT could time-travel, and another of 935's bases), it's possible he could've been playing dumb as to not arise suspicion to others.

But yeah, I think they hadn't figured it out fully, but didn't want to reveal what information they had at that time.

Guest Tacitus

Easy, since Richtofen betrayed Maxis by locking him and his daughter in a teleporter test chamber with fluffy that had recently been turned into a hellhound. Maxis sends both his daughter and him into the teleporter and she ends up in the MPD. Richtofen saw what happened but didn't know where she went.

Guest Black Wolf

I think the simplest answer here is simply that Treyarch hadn't planned the story out enough...

Kino marks a pretty interesting shift in Richtofen's understanding of what's going on. This seems to be the map where he fully grasps that Sam is control. Consider prior quotes regarding power-ups "You are too generous, my lord!" and those in Kino "A gift from Sam... but why!?" Likewise with the mystery box "Why do you tease me, master?" versus "Samantha, I talked to you about this."

The idea that Richtofen forgot is interesting considering a side effect of the 115 "super soldier" experiments on the others, and some quotes on Shangri-La suggest that Richtofen also has some memory loss. Still, this seems a really big thing to forget.

I believe a possible solution is that Richtofen knew Sam had been inside the machine, but didn't know about the incidents of the final audio reel from moon. That is to say, he knows she physically entered the machine, but does not realize that she became "trapped" in the aether and is controlling the zombies. Having never heard back from Groph and Schuster, Richtofen may have assumed they took care of Sam and Dr. Maxis. However, after hearing her voice on Der Riese "No treat for you!" "Having fun!?" he may have started to put things together.

Easy, since Richtofen betrayed Maxis by locking him and his daughter in a teleporter test chamber with fluffy that had recently been turned into a hellhound. Maxis sends both his daughter and him into the teleporter and she ends up in the MPD. Richtofen saw what happened but didn't know where she went.

According to the moon audio reels, Groph and Schuster contacted Richtofen and told him when Samantha entered the machine. He instructed them to find Dr. Maxis to talk to her since if Sam had survived, Maxis must have as well.

Guest MixMasterNut

My guess is Treyarch messed up, and this is the biggest hole within the plot line.

This is kind of thing happens when you write the story as you go.

Guest EliteAlexFTW

I Don't think Treyarch Messed up because of one, maybe

two of the quotes on Kino. "A gift from Sam? But why?!"

— Upon getting a Max Ammo power-up. If he knew

she dropped it he must have known she was in the

MDT. Idk about this quote"Go back to Maxis, Samantha!"

— Upon killing a Hellhound.

Guest FatedTitan

Here's my answer. Richtofen knew Sam had gone into the device. He then left Shusta and Groph to deal with her and told them to get Maxis. He then left. He never found out what happened at Griffin Station. He wasn't around when Maxis was brought there. Maybe he was wondering if she was still there since he was in a different time period.

Guest MyLittleHellhound

I don't think Treyarch would make THAT big of a fumble with the storyline, but it still is possible that they screwed it over. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Treyarch has made mistakes in the past, so it wouldn't surprise me now. In Verruckt, happening September of 1945, you hear the demonic laughter of Sam. Now, we know she was still alive and not in the MPD until somewhere after October 1, 1945, so that is a mess up on there part. However, we have generally forgave them for that since it was so early in the storyline.

With this, it is a bummer that it happened. I have talked with others about this line and we can't figure it out. He also asks things like "How many stations does this Group have?" and comments about how the theater must have been used for mind control, so he seems pretty out of it. He comment on how he has never been to Kino and has only heard of the crawlers, and because he gets into detail on that one I believe he hasn't been there. For the other quotes, I have a feeling his mind got a bit dazed after the time-travel and he is just trying to figure it all out, but that is just my two cents.

Guest Kill_All_Monkeys

Treyarch planned this all along, they had two years to work on it and probably were already in early development of Moon by the time the game came out. And Richtofen also says in the radios on Moon that he had to feign obliviousness to all this around the others so that he could use them for his own goals. I also believe it was implied that some of the radios on Moon were recorded sometime between Kino and Cotd, didn't he say he say he would have to return to the Moon himself in one of them? Or am I just imagining things...

Guest MexicanIlluminati

Richtofen also says in the radios on Moon that he had to feign obliviousness to all this around the others so that he could use them for his own goals.

But those radios where recorded before he even MET the rest of the crew. When EXACTLY did he say that?

Guest MurderMachineX

Richtofen also says in the radios on Moon that he had to feign obliviousness to all this around the others so that he could use them for his own goals.

But those radios where recorded before he even MET the rest of the crew. When EXACTLY did he say that?

The last Radio on Moon was said in 1942

Guest MexicanIlluminati

The last Radio on Moon was said in 1942

But isn't it only the first few radios that have dates? How do you know that?

Only 3 out of 11 radios on Moon have dates, all of which coming in the first 4 radios/audio reels. We know that the last radio was said sometime during or after 1942, but we can't say for certain it was 1942, based on the knowledge that is present to us now.

Guest MexicanIlluminati

We know that the last radio was said sometime during or after 1942, but we can't say for certain it was 1942

How do we know that?

I have a theory that they didn't no what they were talking about when making the lines as richtofen also says he is trying to work out the real goals of group 935 as he already new because he was in 935? or maybe there's more to be unearthed....

We know that the last radio was said sometime during or after 1942, but we can't say for certain it was 1942

How do we know that?

Because in the first radios, Richtofen arrives in Moon on January 4th, 1940, and then they begin to make Griffin Station from the ground up and build around the pyramid. Two radios later, Richtofen says they have been working on Griffin Station for "two long years" to begin testing and experimentation there. Naturally, two years later than 1940 is 1942. Since the radios are chronologically ordered, every radio after the "two long years" later one would be in 1942.

I have a theory that they didn't no what they were talking about when making the lines as richtofen also says he is trying to work out the real goals of group 935 as he already new because he was in 935? or maybe there's more to be unearthed....

He should have known, you are right. Maxis and Richtofen had different views on what Group 935 would be like and where they should go, so it can be assumed that when Maxis took it in the direction he wanted to, Richtofen knew the real goals.