Should they really make a "COD Zombies" movie?

I have been thinking about the story a bit and started wondering how Treyarch could translate the storyline to a movie, something many people here in CoDz want.

But these individuals overlook what the funnest part about the story is: discovering it.

How could Treyarch make a movie that covers the storyline well enough, with enough easter eggs for the zombie fans yet revealing enough so it can be entertaining to regular movie-watchers?

In my experience, when you don't know the story to a movie, then it becomes more entertaining as you find out things for the first time as the movie goes, but when you know the backstory it just doesn't feel as good, because you know what is going to happen.

So to which group should this movie be made to be more appealing for: the hardcore zombie fans, or the regular people?

Think about the budget that they would get and the earnings depending on the target audience.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Illuminatti115

I was thinking of the same thing, but in my book, "The Anderson Chronicles." You see, it's going to have a long intro (Zombies III), then my zombie project (NAZI ZOMBIES IIII) is going to be the main storyline. Don't worry, I'll have Easter eggs that give clues to Zombies II and Zombies I (Nazi Zombies).

Guest Matuzz

They can do movie as long as it doesn't involve Richtofen, Nikolai, Dempsey and Takeo.

Those characters can't be put in the screen by some actors. That's my opinion.

Guest MyLittleHellhound

They can do movie as long as it doesn't involve Richtofen, Nikolai, Dempsey and Takeo.

Those characters can't be put in the screen by some actors. That's my opinion.

I agree.

I would like to see some new characters, and perhaps they could reference or hint towards the good ol' crew, but yeah./

Guest Illuminatti115

I agree.

I would like to see some new characters, and perhaps they could reference or hint towards the good ol' crew, but yeah./

Tell you all what, I'll skip the Albertson Chronicles and rush the Anderson Chronicles. That way the zombie fans can try and get hints for the Crew. This is much like my NAZI ZOMBIES IIII idea.

Guest MyLittleHellhound

On a side note Illuminatti, your sig says the Albertson Chronicles, not sure if that is an error....

Guest Illuminatti115

On a side note Illuminatti, your sig says the Albertson Chronicles, not sure if that is an error....

I can assure you it isn't. You see, I mentioned before that I make books. Well that is the main topic of all. The new ones like Anderson is what I'm trying rush into. Season 3 is already coming and I need to rush things in.

Guest NoxMERCYxX

I think a T.V. series would be the best way to go about telling the zombie story-line in detail............That way it won't be limited by time and the plots wont be condensed and simplified to allot for a normal 2hr movie.....but on the down side it could be canceled after a season if the ratings are not up to the networks expectations.....

Guest MyLittleHellhound

I think a T.V. series would be the best way to go about telling the zombie story-line in detail............That way it won't be limited by time and the plots wont be condensed and simplified to allot for a normal 2hr movie.....but on the down side it could be canceled after a season if the ratings are not up to the networks expectations.....

Or they could pull a LOTR and do a 3 hour movie and release another 3 hour in PT 2

Guest TheDee

This would be epic. Like someone mentioned in a post, actors would ruin it.

But CGI would be amazing, same voices etc.

Major things would have to change though.

It would be silly to magically gain currency by killing zombies and buying weapons from a chalk outline.

They have the money, they should fund us! :D

Guest DeckchairsFTW

It's one of those strange things...

I don't think it would work, i have no idea how it couldwork, but i'd still pay to go and watch it!

I think Cod Zombies has always been for a certain group of people, and (pardon the phrase) making a movie would make it too Mainstream. We've all been the Zombie loving nutbags since the dawn of Nazi Zombies, but suddenly a load of people watching the film will know everything it's taken us so long to discover!

Guest IceMaker

making a movie would make it too Mainstream.

Watch out guys, we're dealing with a hipster over here.

neil-degrasse-tyson-actors-photo-u1.jpg

Or they could pull a LOTR and do a 3 hour movie and release another 3 hour in PT 2

I think the idea of a TV show revolving around new characters with hints to the old crew is a great idea, and if it doesn't work on television then bring it to Youtube.

If Treyarch was to make a movie or TV show, what should it be called?

Nazi Zombies? 115? We need names people.

Guest xLiNkZoRx

I see the only way possible for a zombie movie to be made would be to do what the walking dead did with the comics/tv show(they follow the same principles, but the tv show is wayyyyyyyyy slowed down incase you haven't seen/read both) and the game.

Guest DeckchairsFTW

making a movie would make it too Mainstream.

Watch out guys, we're dealing with a hipster over here.

[ Image ]

Did you read all of my post?

I meant it would ruin what we've taken so long to discover, by putting it all on a plate for everyone that just wants to watch a Zombie film. It would probably be ruined by being made to appeal to the maximum amount of people, not just the one's that were hardcore zombie fans in the first place.

Guest MyLittleHellhound

I do have to agree a bit with deckchairs, it's all about money. Remember that always. Money can make a film, but it can also ruin it.

Guest IceMaker

I meant it would ruin what we've taken so long to discover, by putting it all on a plate for everyone that just wants to watch a Zombie film. It would probably be ruined by being made to appeal to the maximum amount of people, not just the one's that were hardcore zombie fans in the first place.

But you realize that we are going to watch the movie/show whether they target us or everybody else, because we are hardcore zombie fans. And they have to appeal to everybody else to make profit.

And it's not like those people are taking credit for discovering the story, they're just watching a flick. Plus, it would be released (most likely) after the story line is revealed completely and the movie/show would fill whatever few plot holes there are left.

Guest Illuminatti115

I do have to agree a bit with deckchairs, it's all about money. Remember that always. Money can make a film, but it can also ruin it.

Agree.