Richtofen's post at the Doctor's Quarter

Guest Monopoly Mac

Guest Monopoly Mac

Now I have played Shi No Numa just a few days ago and I realize something that may or may not be important to this ever expanding story. Treyarch released a trailer advertising Shi No Numa which showcased multiple aspects of Shi No Numa such as the medical equipment, the flogger, and of course, the undead. They also released Bios for these new characters and the one that stood out to me was Richtofen's life.

They say he a back alley surgeon and he most likely knew much about the human anatomy. When the Nazi Party took over, Edward joined the army simply to satisfy his need to watch humans die slowly. "The Butcher" is more of a Doctor and a Scientist than he is a soldier. I believe that he was stationed at the Rising Sun Facility to observe, help, and learned from the Unit 731's research. He had his own hut that we call, The Doctor's Quarters.

Such an easy connection but I want to bring this into the light and enlighten the public. In the Doctor's Quarters, there lay may many books which Richtofen may have written over the course of time he was there. Such books may include research books on 115 and "DG-2". Now why did he leave this dream job? :lol:

I believe that Group 935 had a partnership with Unit 731 and they both benefited from research on the element. 935 wanted to improve the human condition until they ran out of funding from an unknown source. Maxis was forced to accept funding from the Third Reich and made a deal to create weaponry.

While 935 was focusing more on the potential of the Wunderwaffe DG-2 with the help of Dr.Richtofen, Unit 731 realized the true power of the element. Ever since the meteor landed in Manchuria, voices and odd sounds started to haunt Shi No Numa. The elements power was comparable to Black Magic. It could reanimate the dead, destroy targets, and corrupt the human mind. The writing on the wall of one of the huts can testify for this theory with it's foreshadowing words... "The Power will destroy us all".

This is the reason 935's partnership with the Unit fell apart. 935 needed the element to manufacture and research their weapons in order to get funding from the Reich. 731 refused, knowing what it was a capable of. 935 eventually got their way, "seizing" the Raygun blueprints and "stealing" the meteor.

This is Edward Richtofen's connection with Shi No Numa. When all hell broke loose in Der Riese and Griffin Station, he fled here to seek sanction and solitude. Sadly, all of the Japanese soldiers had died or abandoned the facility. Only dead bodies lay in the pits of the Swamp of the Dead.

In the short time that Richtofen was here, he studied an ancient deity who he believed was contacting him from the Heavens.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading and as always. Comments are appreciated.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tac

That is a very impressive theory, and truthfully I can't think of anything that can bust it. However, my theory is a bit different. I believe that Group 935 teamed up with Unit 731 at Shi No Numa, and he did indeed do experiments there and help them out, I agree he was stationed there for bits and pieces of his surgical career. I think he wrote his books about the DG-2 and DG-3 while he was there, in the Doctor's Quarters. On top of that, he most likely had the physical weapons there with him, perhaps that is why the DG-2 is there on that map.

However, my theory contrasts with yours in the areas of how he came to be in Group 935. We both believe that he was in 935 since the very beginning, in 1939 all the way until 1945. I believe that in 1945 is when he took the Ray Gun blueprints. According to your theory, the blueprints would have been seized and taken back to Der Riese by September of 1939, which seems a bit early to me. In the terminal, Maxis says that Takeo, Nikolai, and Tank we all captured and being tested on. Then after that one, he says that the prototype Ray Gun blueprints were seized from SNN, and the PAP version was under development at that time. To me, and this is circumstantial, it sounds like the characters were captured and then the Ray Gun was completed, which coincides with my SNN in Manchuria theory.

Guest Monopoly Mac

Thanks for telling me about that terminal file. I completely forgot about the Data Servant when writing this thread but now because of you, I can make a better theory.

I believe that Group 935 had a partnership with Unit 731 and they both benefited from research on the element. 935 wanted to improve the human condition until they ran out of funding from an unknown source. Maxis was forced to accept funding from the Third Reich and made a deal to create weaponry.

While 935 was focusing more on the potential of the Wunderwaffe DG-2 with the help of Dr.Richtofen, Unit 731 realized the true power of the element. Ever since the meteor landed in Manchuria, voices and odd sounds started to haunt Shi No Numa. The elements power was comparable to Black Magic. It could reanimate the dead, destroy targets, and corrupt the human mind. The writing on the wall of one of the huts can testify for this theory with it's foreshadowing words... "The Power will destroy us all".

This is the reason 935's partnership with the Unit fell apart. 935 needed the element to manufacture and research their weapons in order to get funding from the Reich. 731 refused, knowing what it was a capable of. 935 eventually got their way, "seizing" the Raygun blueprints and "stealing" the meteor.

Guest MyLittleHellhound

Thanks for telling me about that terminal file. I completely forgot about the Data Servant when writing this thread but now because of you, I can make a better theory.

Once again, a very sound theory Monopoly. So 935 became almost desperate for the element, knowing if they did not get more, the Reich would disband them and all their work would go to waste right? So they decided to take everything by force, and get rid of 731.