Samantha's Mother

I'm going to start this topic by bring back another thread I posted a while back. Its about the Monkey Bomb reversed. We already know that 3ARC like to play around with their sound, proof is in "Pareidolia" in which Samantha clearly says "Save me Moses" A plea for help because she does not like what she has become? Anyway - back on topic. When i posted the thread about the monkey bomb, i talked about how it said "Fuck you, Mommy's mad!" another theory by another "Fellow" CODZ user thought it was "Fuck you, Pakistan!" :| This led me to some thinking. If 3ARC had their mind on putting that easer egg in. Why the samantha's mother mad? Then i remembered that Samantha is actually the Monkey's mother. But, then again; The monkey is Possessed. Possessed by what? Perhaps its Sam herself as she is a little girl, like would roleplay with her teddy's? If that was the case, "Mommy's mad" would refer to Sam's mother herself. Anyway Ill leave that to you. Ill finish off by bringing back "Samantha" "Emilia" "Abigail". I remember there being alot of theory's of who/what it meant & was. It was popular in the time of the late 1800's & Early 1900's to give your child more that one Middle Name. Could Sam's mother be named "Samantha Emilia Abigail ____?" Could she be making her presence felt in the map's but with Sam not knowing? Could Sam's mother be helping the survivors out with tip's around the maps? Tip's such as "Salvation lies above". Anyway; Thats it.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tacitus

As far as we know, no. Samantha's Mother was not involved in any 115 activity and it is very likely she died at childbirth or ran away. Dr.Maxis AKA her father wanted to keep her close at all times suggesting there was no motherly activity involved.

Oh and by the way I'm not sure where you got Emilia and Abigail but if they are her middle names she would be called "Samantha Emilia Abigail Maxis"

Guest Tacitus

Samantha. Emilia, Abigail; The names scratched into a wall on Kino Der Toten

Which one, which room? I'd like to know.

Guest Black Wolf

The audio reels on moon confirm that Samantha's mother is dead, or at least Dr. Maxis says she is. Samantha only makes one mention of her mother, that I've heard, and it's when she's running out of air. She mentions that it hurts and asks "where... where is mommy?" This is kind of weird, because if her mother has been dead for a while, as Maxis implies, it hardly makes sense for Sam to be asking for her.

On a somewhat random note, I have 2 middle names, and it's not that uncommon. I always figured it was Samantha Emilia Abigail Maxis, but I could be wrong.

Guest Tacitus

The audio reels on moon confirm that Samantha's mother is dead, or at least Dr. Maxis says she is. Samantha only makes one mention of her mother, that I've heard, and it's when she's running out of air. She mentions that it hurts and asks "where... where is mommy?" This is kind of weird, because if her mother has been dead for a while, as Maxis implies, it hardly makes sense for Sam to be asking for her.

On a somewhat random note, I have 2 middle names, and it's not that uncommon. I always figured it was Samantha Emilia Abigail Maxis, but I could be wrong.

I have 2 middle names as well so not so uncommon after all. I think Maxis was trying to protect Samantha closely because her Mother AKA wife died and Samantha was the only person he cared for. Unless you count that lady whom he fell in love with and made Richtofen doubt him.

Guest RustyBullet7

I have a theory that Samantha's mother died giving birth to her. Or, maybe he used her as an experiment.

Guest MyLittleHellhound

I have 2 middle names as well so not so uncommon after all. I think Maxis was trying to protect Samantha closely because her Mother AKA wife died and Samantha was the only person he cared for. Unless you count that lady whom he fell in love with and made Richtofen doubt him.

I think the person you are talking about is his assistant, Sophia, at Der Riese.

Guest Tacitus

I think the person you are talking about is his assistant, Sophia, at Der Riese.

Yeah her, it went blank from my mind; too many perk-a-colas.

• 2 weeks later...

There are two references to Samantha's mother. One in the Moon radio, in which Maxis says the following, "When your mother died I could not bear the thought of losing you too, that's why I kept you so close." The other is in Moon when Sam is playable, she says, "Where... where is mommy?" The latter of the two quotes comes after Maxis said that her mother is dead, and she says it when she is running out of air. My theory is that she believes she is dying, so she thinks her soul will be going to a higher place and she is hoping her mother is there. According to the terminal, the radio in which Sam gets her puppy, Fluffy, she is between the ages of 6-10 years old. The first terminal file is on January 20, 1942, and that file says that Sam already has her puppy. Maxis says that he brought her close after her mother died, which I believe is the reason he took her to Der Riese. He says that he neglected her after the death, and Richtofen directly mentions experimenting in her. To me, that means that he was experimenting on her after the death, which I believe was during Der Riese. If Sophia is her mother, than I believe she should have been dead before Der Riese, which she clearly isn't. Therefore, I do not believe that Sophia is Samantha Maxis' mother.