Time Travel Again Another Day

I'm not sure if someone already posted this, but in Moon what happens with the Easter Egg proves one of my theories correct. In an old thread I stated that the map "Call of the Dead" is somewhere around the sixties. A lot of people critisized me and said it was set in 2013 or 2014 and pretty much just modern time. Well IN the sixties the team went to the moon and blew up the Earth. So if Call of the Dead is in modern time, wouldn't the Earth be destroyed?

Now someone could argue that Moon was set in modern times, but c'mon. Really? And someone could include time travel where the team traveled time but wouldn't they have modern technology or modern weapons?

Please post anymore comments regarding this. Also feel free to post what theories you got right or came close to or predictions. I would love to see them.

Also, what is wrong with the CODZ homepage?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MurderMachineX

The Earth isn't completely destroyed,just partially

This is what I say to that:

A series of explosions of that size would destroy every life in existence. This here really goes into science. I'm not an expert, but I'll try:

Even the most durable Archaebacteria would [most likely] have not survived. Strain 121 has the highest temperature threshold, which is 121 degrees Celsius. Giant missiles impacting on the Earth would have a much higher temperature in their immediate radius, which would create a dry climate all around the Earth, creating deserts.

Not to mention that a hole in the Earth can clearly be seen. This is the epicenter of the damage. It was blasted enough to send some of the debris into space. However, the rest rained back down on the Earth. This would create a shield of dust around the planet within a few days or weeks. The result of that is an increasing decline of temperature. Strain 121 can survive heat, but how well can it survive cold?

All plants would freeze to death. Fungus might thrive for a while, but eventually it would run out of nutrients or favorable conditions. If the 115-Nukes contained radiation like most nukes, fallout would also be present. Contrary to popular belief, cockroaches can only survive so much radiation, and mosquitoes can survive more than that. Not to mention that a cockroach can't survive an hour without oxygen.

And the crater isn't just a crater. It's an EXPLOSION. The ocean would be blasted away from it, yet at the same time towards it (water must fill the hole). This would create a disruption in all ocean currents. Every place would change temperature in some fashion, and tsunamis would wrap around the globe.

If the impacts were powerful enough, the Earth's core could be disrupted. We know from evidence on Mars that that is entirely possible. If that happened, then the Earth would die from within, and it would end up like Mars in not too long a time. It would also get baked from solar radiation. Most birds would die from changes in the ionosphere.

Now let's talk about location. The argument against total annihilation is that maybe there is somewhere to hide from the blast. Not really. First of all, while I do believe that mankind can achieve practically anything, they cannot achieve anything on a surprise. No bunkers were made specially for this. Normal bunkers would not suffice. The Earth would wobble in its orbit. If in North America and the blast were to leave it intact, the tsunamis would ravage the East and West coasts. California could possibly fall into the ocean if the fault line is disturbed. Central America would be drowned. South America would have forests set on fire and then frozen. Same for Africa. The sand in the Sahara might blow for hundreds of miles, depending on the chaos in the atmosphere. Europe would be drowned and frozen with no Gulf Stream or Mediterranean climate. Asia would die mostly because of temperature or the dust blocking the Sun. Australia is the same, plus tsunamis. It is possible to survive the blast in Antarctica, but there'd be no way of keeping oneself alive without technology and food.

The atmosphere would be wrecked. A nuclear blast gives off carbon dioxide. With such a dramatic increase in carbon dioxide compared to oxygen, it would be hard to breathe. We have evidence of the atmosphere diminishing, as you can see in-game the stars when looking up from Area 51, despite it being daytime. Yet the atmosphere still contains enough oxygen to breathe, for now. If the core, magentic field, and ionosphere continue to diminish, that won't be true for long. In fact, if it weren't for that Biodome, the main characters would starve to death on the Moon. (Tree leaves for breakfast. Zombie steak for dinner?)

[scratch this]Lastly, the missiles were laced with 115. So, to say that all living things would be killed is accurate. But the unliving would thrive. Zombies would roam the Earth, and they wouldn't all be human. All species of primate Zombies would roam the Earth. (Remember Monkey Zombies and Space Monkeys?) It is unknown if the H*llhounds would survive for that and if Zombies can survive period in the long run without a human flesh source. Either way, for now, it is better called Zombiearth.[/scratch this]

Does that help? Again, I'm not an expert. This is all from personal knowledge of mine. I didn't go looking up facts.

Also, Call of the Dead can't be in the '60's, because the actors aren't alive at that time.

Guest killallzombies

The Earth isn't completely destroyed,just partially

This is what I say to that:

A series of explosions of that size would destroy every life in existence. This here really goes into science. I'm not an expert, but I'll try:

Even the most durable Archaebacteria would [most likely] have not survived. Strain 121 has the highest temperature threshold, which is 121 degrees Celsius. Giant missiles impacting on the Earth would have a much higher temperature in their immediate radius, which would create a dry climate all around the Earth, creating deserts.

Not to mention that a hole in the Earth can clearly be seen. This is the epicenter of the damage. It was blasted enough to send some of the debris into space. However, the rest rained back down on the Earth. This would create a shield of dust around the planet within a few days or weeks. The result of that is an increasing decline of temperature. Strain 121 can survive heat, but how well can it survive cold?

All plants would freeze to death. Fungus might thrive for a while, but eventually it would run out of nutrients or favorable conditions. If the 115-Nukes contained radiation like most nukes, fallout would also be present. Contrary to popular belief, cockroaches can only survive so much radiation, and mosquitoes can survive more than that. Not to mention that a cockroach can't survive an hour without oxygen.

And the crater isn't just a crater. It's an EXPLOSION. The ocean would be blasted away from it, yet at the same time towards it (water must fill the hole). This would create a disruption in all ocean currents. Every place would change temperature in some fashion, and tsunamis would wrap around the globe.

If the impacts were powerful enough, the Earth's core could be disrupted. We know from evidence on Mars that that is entirely possible. If that happened, then the Earth would die from within, and it would end up like Mars in not too long a time. It would also get baked from solar radiation. Most birds would die from changes in the ionosphere.

Now let's talk about location. The argument against total annihilation is that maybe there is somewhere to hide from the blast. Not really. First of all, while I do believe that mankind can achieve practically anything, they cannot achieve anything on a surprise. No bunkers were made specially for this. Normal bunkers would not suffice. The Earth would wobble in its orbit. If in North America and the blast were to leave it intact, the tsunamis would ravage the East and West coasts. California could possibly fall into the ocean if the fault line is disturbed. Central America would be drowned. South America would have forests set on fire and then frozen. Same for Africa. The sand in the Sahara might blow for hundreds of miles, depending on the chaos in the atmosphere. Europe would be drowned and frozen with no Gulf Stream or Mediterranean climate. Asia would die mostly because of temperature or the dust blocking the Sun. Australia is the same, plus tsunamis. It is possible to survive the blast in Antarctica, but there'd be no way of keeping oneself alive without technology and food.

The atmosphere would be wrecked. A nuclear blast gives off carbon dioxide. With such a dramatic increase in carbon dioxide compared to oxygen, it would be hard to breathe. We have evidence of the atmosphere diminishing, as you can see in-game the stars when looking up from Area 51, despite it being daytime. Yet the atmosphere still contains enough oxygen to breathe, for now. If the core, magentic field, and ionosphere continue to diminish, that won't be true for long. In fact, if it weren't for that Biodome, the main characters would starve to death on the Moon. (Tree leaves for breakfast. Zombie steak for dinner?)

[scratch this]Lastly, the missiles were laced with 115. So, to say that all living things would be killed is accurate. But the unliving would thrive. Zombies would roam the Earth, and they wouldn't all be human. All species of primate Zombies would roam the Earth. (Remember Monkey Zombies and Space Monkeys?) It is unknown if the H*llhounds would survive for that and if Zombies can survive period in the long run without a human flesh source. Either way, for now, it is better called Zombiearth.[/scratch this]

Does that help? Again, I'm not an expert. This is all from personal knowledge of mine. I didn't go looking up facts.

Also, Call of the Dead can't be in the '60's, because the actors aren't alive at that time.

seems to be pretty accurate,but then we have to jump into the possibility that CotD is in an alternate universe,and moon is in reality,or vise-verse to explain why one would have a post apocalyptic earth and one wouldn't.

Guest Rissole25

That all the way. Danny Trejo is wearing what he wore in Machete, which was released in 2010. The machete's he has is a reference to that as well.

Also Richtofen's quote saying they'd gone too far into the future, well Ascension took place in the 60's. If this took place in the 60's, than they haven't really gone too far at all than.

I'd say CotD takes place 2011/2012 than, or the present. Shangri-La, I'm mostly positive that it takes place in the present as well. Moon is a little tougher, but I have a feeling it's the present as well. That means they take place in correct order, with no time-travelling. But that's if my feeling about Moon is correct.

Don't forget about time-travel though. After leaving CotD, or even Shangri-La, they could've gone to an alternate universe. Time-travel is always a complicated subject though.

It's buggy at the moment, so they've taken it down for now.

Guest MurderMachineX

Time travel cannot work by taking them to an alternate universe. That's not possible. The teleporters only moved through space, finding out that they could also move through time. That's four dimensions: length, width, height, and time. Four. Not three. And not five.

Guest HammerFace

I'm not sure if someone already posted this, but in Moon what happens with the Easter Egg proves one of my theories correct. In an old thread I stated that the map "Call of the Dead" is somewhere around the sixties. A lot of people critisized me and said it was set in 2013 or 2014 and pretty much just modern time. Well IN the sixties the team went to the moon and blew up the Earth. So if Call of the Dead is in modern time, wouldn't the Earth be destroyed?

Now someone could argue that Moon was set in modern times, but c'mon. Really? And someone could include time travel where the team traveled time but wouldn't they have modern technology or modern weapons?

Please post anymore comments regarding this. Also feel free to post what theories you got right or came close to or predictions. I would love to see them.

COTD is in 2011 I'm pretty sure we were given proof of this in the solo loading cutscene. Moon could always be after COTD who is to say that we actually time traveled. because if we did there could be the circular paradox idea, but Trey would use the multiverse as their cop out this time which will make me harbor a small amount of hate for the new game. regardless fingers crossed that chronologically moon occurs afterward. also mudermachine you can go to an alternate universe by changing imagine you travel 5 years into the future you see you are dead so you learn how you died and go back and change it. well that future you saw will still exist but you are travelling down a different path to a different future therefore an alternate universe. see back to the future 2

Guest killallzombies

COTD is in 2011 I'm pretty sure we were given proof of this in the solo loading cutscene. Moon could always be after COTD who is to say that we actually time traveled. because if we did there could be the circular paradox idea, but Trey would use the multiverse as their cop out this time which will make me harbor a small amount of hate for the new game. regardless fingers crossed that chronologically moon occurs afterward. also mudermachine you can go to an alternate universe by changing imagine you travel 5 years into the future you see you are dead so you learn how you died and go back and change it. well that future you saw will still exist but you are travelling down a different path to a different future therefore an alternate universe. see back to the future 2

back to the future is really a good reference to some of this stuff :lol:

Guest HammerFace

back to the future is really a good reference to some of this stuff :lol:

it makes the most sense to explain things, but i really hope we just continue forward. no more time jumps, no alternate universes, just straight forward teleportation to other maps or other various methods of ending up at them.