Greater Specification on "Five"'s Date

Guest MurderMachineX

Guest MurderMachineX

I could've posted this somewhere, but I felt it had enough data to be considered for its own thread. Plus I couldn't decide which thread to post it on. So, anyway, scroll down to skip ahead to my conclusion. Before that, below, is my reasoning.

Here is a transcription of the opening scene from "Five".

Kennedy: For time and the world do not stand still. Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or the present are certain to miss the future. [pause] I said, "are certain to miss the future"!

Castro: C*ño... I missed that.

McNamara: Prime Minister Castro, this missile crisis was the last straw. We almost blew ourselves up. Now we invited you here today-

Kennedy: In good faith.

McNamara: -in good faith, to sort this thing out.

Castro: And why is he here? He lost! [Points to Nixon.]

Kennedy: As I always say, forgive your enemies, but remember their names. Now gentlemen, as I like to think, in the long history of the world, that there are only a few generations-

Nixon: Sounds like someone breaking in!

Kennedy: Just the storm, Dick. Sit down.

Nixon: [Zombies break in.] Oh my God!

McNamara: It appears the Pentagon has been breached.

Kennedy: Zombies. Gentlemen, at times like these our capacity to retaliate must be and has to

be massive, to deter all forms of aggression. [Hits button.] Gentlemen, lock and load!

Castro: Viva la Revolucion.

McNamara: Any last words, Mr. President?

Nixon: Yes, Jack, any superlative words of inspiration for your humble troops?

Kennedy: Do not pray for easy lives, my friends. Pray to be stronger men.

Here is a particularly interesting line:

Just the storm, Dick. Sit down.

What we can interpret from this line is the following. Nixon heard a sound that made him think someone was breaking in. Kennedy thought it was just the storm. It turned out to be Zombies. However, when Kennedy said that he thought it was the storm, that explicitly means that there indeed was a storm that night.

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=11967

Now, in this thread, I believe there is ample support that "Five" takes place at 3:00 PM on a day between October 16, 1963, and November 22, 1963.

So I found a database with weather records for the later half of 1963. I used the Farmer's Almanac.

http://www.farmersalmanac.com/weather/

I think the website's validity is ensured by its respectability; after all, the company's been around for 200 years.

But anyway, I used the data from the nearest weather data-gathering station, which was Reagan Airport, located a mere 2 miles away from the Pentagon. I used that source to get the following data for the weather around the Pentagon:

o0qn7k.png

*The blue columns indicate that it precipitated (rained) that day.

Now, I believe I might get a general consensus that a storm requires precipitation of some sort. While there may be storms that don't have water, such as tornadoes, storms of that nature occur extremely infrequently at the Pentagon. In fact, I don't think there ever was one.

So what I say is this. The presence of rain on these couple of days means that the outbreak HAD to happen on that day. So this narrows the date down to 10/23, 10/26, 10/27, 11/6, 11/7, 11/8, and 11/12. Notice that there was a three-day storm on the 6th, 7th, and 8th. I say this was a storm because those days not only had strong winds but it had rain as well. Since this was a rather large storm, I think the most likely day was November 7th, 1963.

So that's what I propose. Proof that "Five" occured on 10/23, 10/26, 10/27, 11/6, 11/7, 11/8, or 11/12, but I personally think that 11/7 is the most likely.

Guest MexicanIlluminati

on a day between October 16, 1963, and November 22, 1963.

I get the Nov 22nd date, but where did you get the Oct date??? :oops:

Guest MexicanIlluminati

Sorry i just answered my above question. Good research! Just one question though... if Five takes place in 1963, then why are JFK and Castro just now discussing the Cuban Missile Crisis? The crisis occurs in 62. Why would they wait a year to sort it out? I'm not disagreeing with your time frame ive just always been curious about this.

Guest MurderMachineX

Thank you :)

Well, politics are slow. But besides that, the Cuban Missile Crisis was very hectic and heated. The two countries may have been giving each other a so-called silent treatment, or cold shoulder, if you will, until things simmered down enough to where Castro and Kennedy thought they could sort things out.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tac

Is there any way to check all the dates to see if the storms were in the early afternoon of those days, around 3 PM perhaps? :D

Guest MyLittleHellhound

Nice delving into the secrets of Five! :)

And yes, it would take them at least a year before either side trusted each other enough to sort it out in person.

Guest Tac

Wait wait wait, there are a lot of us who think that the Zombies storyline and the campaign storyline happen in the same timeline, due to the intel speaking of the Wunderwaffe program, Steiner, NOVA6, Die Glocke, etc., which are all things present in Zombies. Now, the campaign mission U.S.D.D happens on November 10, 1963, and if we are right about it being in the same timeline, then FIVE can only happen between Nov 10 and Nov 22. Out of the dates you listed above, the only date with a storm that is between those dates is Nov 12, 1963. So is it possible that we have found our exact time?

EDIT: BlindBusDrivr brought up a good point to me. If the timelines are the same, which we think they are, then that would mean that it would have to be after November 17th, when they are in Baikonur, the campaign counterpart of Ascension. There are no storms in that date range...

Guest Tac

PICT0999.jpg

This is the exact date five takes place.

11/19/63.

Regards Alpha.

Well, on U.S.D.D. in the campaign, the date of the mission is 11/10. In the mission, it has the blackboard that you posted, with one of the dates being 11/19, but having no data in it respective spaces. You are implying that because the date 11/19 is written in, it must be that date, but the campaign date is 11/10, meaning that they write in the scheduled dates before the day the blackbirds take off. That means that the date of the map is on or before that date since they write the date in early and not on the day the blackbird is actually leaving. I hope that made sense.

Guest AlphaSnake

Since your depending on the campaign for your date, it is trumped by the date found in Five.

As there is no data, we can assume that this is because of the outbreak occuring.

After all it would take a few hours for Zombies to completely overwhelm the Pentagon's staff.

Those staff would have no doubt filled that space with information if the outbreak hadn't occurred.

I'm happy to see this as the date which five takes place.

Kids are crying, I'll come back here later.

Regards Alpha.

Guest Ehjookayted

Five is historically inaccurate by the way. Castro and Kennedy never communicated with each other during the Cuban Missile Crisis. The Crisis was between the US and Soviet Union, and Castro was caught in the middle.

He agreed to placing the Missiles because he thought it would showcase his independence. However, when the US and USSR negotiated the deal and when JFK gave his American University Peace Speech in June of 1963, Castro was a completely irrelevant actor.

I'd definitely lean towards taking more in game evidence for these purposes and because of this historical knowledge.

Guest Tac

Those staff would have no doubt filled that space with information if the outbreak hadn't occurred.

Oh hell yeah, they definitely would have changed the data if the event had occurred. I believe that the event happened after Nov 17 because of Baikonur in the campaign, but on/before Nov 19 due to the chart. We know they filled pre-scheduled dates into the chart and not on the day that it happened. That leaves two possibilities:

1. The data isn't filled in because it hadn't happened yet, meaning it is before Nov 19

2. The outbreak had happened and they didn't have time to fill the data in, meaning on Nov 19.

@Ehjookayted: I am assuming you are referring to the storm, and since the map is historically inaccurate, to take in-game evidence that contradicts the real-life evidence of the storm?

Guest Ehjookayted

Basically, if the entire basis of Five is historically inaccurate as it relates to the crisis, then we can't include the storm, because that would be a logical fallacy: generalization by exclusion.

Guest AlphaSnake

JFK mistakes the zombies breaking windows for a storm. This does not mean there is a storm.

When playing Five there are no lightning flashes or any sounds of thunder, no evidence of a storm past JFK's comment.

Given the proximity of this date to Kennedy's death on the 22nd of November 1963, we could assume that Kennedy did infact die during the outbreak at the Pentagon.

That the later assassination was of a double of JFK.

I'll agree that the 19th is the limit of the window.

I choose option 2 Tac.

Regards Alpha.

Guest Monopoly Mac

I agree JFK died testified by his last words we hear in Ascension.

"Need some beans for the chowda here!"

Guest Tac

JFK mistakes the zombies breaking windows for a storm. This does not mean there is a storm.

When playing Five there are no lightning flashes or any sounds of thunder, no evidence of a storm past JFK's comment.

I didn't even think of that, that makes sense too I suppose. I think I am leaning towards option 2 as well at this point, more research time!

Oh, and I am glad that more people finally agree that the assassinated JFK is a double, I can now finish my abandoned thread from February!