Problem with story?!

Guest FatedTitan

I've always believed that some of the maps are out of order to help with the DLC releases of the MP maps. I think that the order of Kino, CotD, SL, Ascension, Moon is much more straight forward.

There is no teleporter in Ascension. So how do the heroes arrive in CotD with a teleporter? They even state that they got there through that, as mentioned in earlier posts what Richtofen says. There is a teleporter in Kino though. When you spawn into SL, you hear the sound of a teleporter's electricity, so they were sent from CotD to here. But when you spawn into a Ascension, you are riding a lunar lander. How did they get on that? Saying they teleported to outside of the facility and rode in on that makes no sense. My answer lies in the debris around SL. A lot of the debris you buy to remove is lunar lander parts. They could easily have built a lander and rode it to Ascension where Richtofen planned to go to the Moon with the rocket. But instead of getting a lift to the Moon, they end up in Area 51 somehow.

I didn't say I had all answers to this, so I'll let y'all play around with it more. I've just always thought this was more logical. The mural paints the picture of the scientists pointing toward the Moon. That's where we're headed from here.

Now I'll answer some obvious questions that I know will arise. Why aren't the items in their possession on Ascension then? Well how would you feel if you were playing it and saw two random items and you had no idea what to do with them. I imagine the Ascension EE hunt parties would still be full swing. It's easier to just not put them in there to stop people from going nuts.

Another question that will come up is Dempsey's quote at the end of CotD EE where he says something along the lines of "I hope this is better than the last time...stupid Gersche." My answer to this would be that it is not part of the storyline. It is a joke that was thrown in in reference to the outcry over the ending of the Ascension EE. It has nothing to do with the story.

Of course those are just my explanations and you can take them for what they are...theories. I just think, order wise, it makes more sense to go in maps this way. Also, the Ascension icon has the static on it. Could be a hint saying that this isn't completely in the right spot.

Discuss.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hick3y1

There is no teleporter in Ascension. So how do the heroes arrive in CotD with a teleporter? They even state that they got there through that, as mentioned in earlier posts what Richtofen says. There is a teleporter in Kino though. When you spawn into SL, you hear the sound of a teleporter's electricity, so they were sent from CotD to here. But when you spawn into a Ascension, you are riding a lunar lander. How did they get on that? Saying they teleported to outside of the facility and rode in on that makes no sense. My answer lies in the debris around SL. A lot of the debris you buy to remove is lunar lander parts. They could easily have built a lander and rode it to Ascension where Richtofen planned to go to the Moon with the rocket. But instead of getting a lift to the Moon, they end up in Area 51 somehow

Just in case you forgot they teleported to Call of the dead through a GERSH DEVICE from what i gathered with demsy's phrase

Guest HammerFace

There is no teleporter in Ascension. So how do the heroes arrive in CotD with a teleporter? They even state that they got there through that, as mentioned in earlier posts what Richtofen says. There is a teleporter in Kino though. When you spawn into SL, you hear the sound of a teleporter's electricity, so they were sent from CotD to here. But when you spawn into a Ascension, you are riding a lunar lander. How did they get on that? Saying they teleported to outside of the facility and rode in on that makes no sense. My answer lies in the debris around SL. A lot of the debris you buy to remove is lunar lander parts. They could easily have built a lander and rode it to Ascension where Richtofen planned to go to the Moon with the rocket. But instead of getting a lift to the Moon, they end up in Area 51 somehow

Just in case you forgot they teleported to Call of the dead through a GERSH DEVICE from what i gathered with demsy's phrase

yeah also they talk about yuri in cotd so there goes your theory fated.

Guest MurderMachineX

I think you guys are being too harsh on Fated. Okay, Fated, I don't agree with you, but guys, if you're going to call out his theory and debunk it, actually debunk it. Dempsey never says anything about teleporting with a Gersch Device. You can suppose it, but there was never direct proof of it. He also never even mentions Yuri.

Guest HammerFace

I think you guys are being too harsh on Fated. Okay, Fated, I don't agree with you, but guys, if you're going to call out his theory and debunk it, actually debunk it. Dempsey never says anything about teleporting with a Gersch Device. You can suppose it, but there was never direct proof of it. He also never even mentions Yuri.

im positive he says something about ascension. then they mention gersch, i get the names confused, so sue me. i know the gersche device teleportation is false. never heard of it before.

Guest Tankeo Dempsaki

I think Tac said something about a dimensional rift opening up in the sky due to the Casimir Mechanism ,and the Gersche Device being affected by that.

Guest FatedTitan

I've never heard any quotes about a Gersche Device or Yuri in CotD. I HAVE heard the quote about Gersche made by Dempsey at the end of CotD EE. And like I stated before, my interpretation of that is it is a joke. The devs are intentionally pointing out the hate that there was for the death machines in Ascension. It has nothing to do with the story. It just is there for a laugh. Nickolai's wives aren't in the story, but they sure are funny to mention.

But as I stated, that is a tough one. And I stated, my only answer is that it is a joke and it has nothing to do with the storyline.

Guest MurderMachineX

im positive he says something about ascension. then they mention gersch, i get the names confused, so sue me. i know the gersche device teleportation is false. never heard of it before.

Actually, I believe the Gersch Device teleportation. Honestly, it is the only way. It acts as a teleporter, and Richtofen is a master at making teleporters teleport through time; in fact, he is the only one that knows how. Why can't he do the same to a Gersch Device? There are no other teleporters in Ascension. It'd have to be a Gersch Device. But yes, Dempsey does mention Gersch in passing in Call of the Dead, referring to the Death Machine award at the end of the Easter Egg.

(Btw, why aren't Nikolai's wives part of the story? It's part of his past.)

Guest FatedTitan

I know but it's also meant to be a joke people can laugh at. That's what I was trying to reference.

Also, look at this. Start at 1:38. Richtofen talks like the teleporter is what brought them to CotD and now it's completely broken and needs to be repaired so they can get out of there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUbwbhcdsUo

Look, I know my theory isn't full proof by any means, but I do think that outside of a few minor details(like a joke) it's got some good evidence backing it.

Guest HammerFace

I've never heard any quotes about a Gersche Device or Yuri in CotD. I HAVE heard the quote about Gersche made by Dempsey at the end of CotD EE. And like I stated before, my interpretation of that is it is a joke. The devs are intentionally pointing out the hate that there was for the death machines in Ascension. It has nothing to do with the story. It just is there for a laugh. Nickolai's wives aren't in the story, but they sure are funny to mention.

But as I stated, that is a tough one. And I stated, my only answer is that it is a joke and it has nothing to do with the storyline.

to regard that as a joke after the fact that call of the dead is the next map after ascension is a big leap. you cant compare it with nikolai's wives because we have never had any interaction with them therefore they are not a part of the storyline, while we have interacted with gersche. to disregard a piece of evidence because it doesnt fit with you theory isnt a good idea. teleporters are what take us to practically every map on this game so that isn't really supportive, he says the teleporter they are on isn't working and its more than likely because it hasnt been touched for decades. the russians obtained 935 documents as well as the americans so who is to say that they didnt have a teleporter at ascension? im sorry but im not sold on your theory. and if people think im being harsh then so be it, because when the new dlc releases i will look like an old man giving advice compared to the new members who get so hung up on a leak or are 13 years old and haven't learned how to act polite on the interwebz.

Guest FatedTitan

to regard that as a joke after the fact that call of the dead is the next map after ascension is a big leap. you cant compare it with nikolai's wives because we have never had any interaction with them therefore they are not a part of the storyline, while we have interacted with gersche. to disregard a piece of evidence because it doesnt fit with you theory isnt a good idea. teleporters are what take us to practically every map on this game so that isn't really supportive, he says the teleporter they are on isn't working and its more than likely because it hasnt been touched for decades. the russians obtained 935 documents as well as the americans so who is to say that they didnt have a teleporter at ascension? im sorry but im not sold on your theory. and if people think im being harsh then so be it, because when the new dlc releases i will look like an old man giving advice compared to the new members who get so hung up on a leak or are 13 years old and haven't learned how to act polite on the interwebz.

Look you can disagree with me, but you don't have to act like an incredible douchebag.

I've acknowledged that he says it. I can't fight that. I just believe that the throwing in of a joke to the community does not always have to be directly related to the storyline.

I will agree that one should not disregard evidence because it doesn't fit with their theory. But it is clearly a joke. I'm not disregarding that it's there. I'm just saying it's a joke.

Guest Black Wolf

However, in Shangri-la, Dempsey does specifically mention having been at the other locations, including Ascension. Specifically, he says "Ancient temples, Russian cosmodromes, being stuck in a dark closet with Richtofen," referring to Shangri-la, Ascension, and Call of the Dead.

We know that they get to Shangri-la directly after Call of the Dead, so Ascension must occur before Call of the Dead.

A simple answer might be that the gang traveled from the room in CotD, to Shangri-La,and then to Area 51 and Moon. Chronologically it would all make sense. I don't beleieve there's any indicators of time in either Shangri-La or Moon, so you could just assume it all happened in this order.

Another option, which I think might be more probable, is alternate timelines and dimensions. There's nothing saying the gang can't travel back in time to the past, and change the outcome of the future (see Back to the Future II & III). Theoretically, they could travel back in time and stop Richtofen from taking over Sam's body, stop the zombie outbreak, or stop the Earth from being blown to bits.

In Shangri-La, the radios that you listen to are made by a company that is currently being produced today, suggesting that it is in present day.

@OP this does make some sense, but we never really get a specific date as to when Moon happened, although we are indicated that Shangri-La and COTD happened towards present day. Might be that Moon occurs directly after COTD? Or maybe, COTD is set a few years before Moon?

Guest Rissole25

However, in Shangri-la, Dempsey does specifically mention having been at the other locations, including Ascension. Specifically, he says "Ancient temples, Russian cosmodromes, being stuck in a dark closet with Richtofen," referring to Shangri-la, Ascension, and Call of the Dead.

We know that they get to Shangri-la directly after Call of the Dead, so Ascension must occur before Call of the Dead.

This.

And Treyarch wouldn't throw in something that wouldn't make sense to the storyline. They did muck it with Samantha's laugh in Verruckt, but that's being retconneed I guess.

If we are to say the Dempsey line about Gersch was just a joke thrown in by Treyarch, than we may as well say that Samantha didn't actually swap souls with Richtofen, and that it was just a joke by Treyarch because Dempsey once said he wished a chick would replace Richtofen.

Sorry if I sound harsh. I'm not meaning too. But the order of the maps is what makes most sense.

Ascension --> CotD --> Shangri-La --> Moon

The quote Black Wolf posted, along with several others, and the fact of the Vril Generator and Focusing Stone appearing in certain maps, makes it most likely.

Guest FatedTitan

I don't claim to be right. As stated, there is a ton of evidence against my theory, so I will resign that I am wrong. I'm just saying, entrance wise, mine makes most sense since the teleporter in Kino to the teleporter in CotD, then teleport to Shangri-la since you hear the teleport electricity when entering, then there are lander parts all over Shangri-la which would provide an entrance to Ascension.

I know I'm wrong by the evidence, but you must admit that those sound right based on entrances alone.

Guest Kill_All_Monkeys

I don't claim to be right. As stated, there is a ton of evidence against my theory, so I will resign that I am wrong. I'm just saying, entrance wise, mine makes most sense since the teleporter in Kino to the teleporter in CotD, then teleport to Shangri-la since you hear the teleport electricity when entering, then there are lander parts all over Shangri-la which would provide an entrance to Ascension.

I know I'm wrong by the evidence, but you must admit that those sound right based on entrances alone.

You did make a very convincing arguement, which is what I think you're trying to say. You presented a logical theory with evidence to back it up, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Guest MexicanIlluminati

I just found another quote to disprove the whole "Kino-Cotd-SL-Ascension-Moon" Theory. Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiK9w2Gy ... re=related

Skip to 4:23. Richtofen claims he has "one more piece after this". This statement would not be true according to the above timeline, as Richtofen would still have TWO more pieces after this: the Gersch device and the Golden Rod.