Problem with time

Guest Matuzz

Guest Matuzz

If CotD is located in present time Moon can't be in 60's because Earth is destroyed.

Also if Earth was destroyed Richtofen wouldn't never got his hand on the Vril generator.

Conclusion: gang moves between universes making Earth's destruction pointless in the story.

This means them leaping in time doesn't affect the past only that universe's future.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MurderMachineX

I don't think that this is necessarily true. While I believe that it is an indicator that Moon happens after the '60's to avoid such a devastating paradox, as there haven't been any of those so far, there are ways around this.

For example, since time travel does not exist, we can theorize different ways about how it will work. The common theory is that when a paradox occurs, the universe blows up. A theory from "A Sound of Thunder", which employed the butterfly effect before it was named such, proposes that when there is a paradox, time itself shifts aside, bending around the inconsistency. One theory, which draws strings from the previous one, states that paradoxes are merely a mental state. If I ate breakfast, then went back in time, stopped myself from eating breakfast, and then returned to the present, I would find my breakfast still sitting on the table, yet I would not be hungry. Another example: I go back in time, kill my mother, and then come back to the present. The world would be devoid of my existence, yet I am here. This is because I came from an alternate timeline, where I was indeed born, yet I now exist in a universe where I never existed, minus the instant I killed my mother, which was me from just a moment ago. The same could possibly apply here.

Guest Matuzz

IMO the time travel in Nazi Zombies is based on multiverse system.

More specifically, a parallel universe. The correct quantum mechanical definition of parallel universes is "universes that are separated from each other by a single quantum event."