Names Of The zombie Maps, What Do They Mean???

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest killallzombies

[url]insert url here[/url]

that should help

also

nacht der untoten-night of the undead

Verruckt-assylum

shi no numa-swamp of the dead

der riese-the giant

kino der untoten-theater of the dead

Guest killallzombies

I just found out that verruckt nach frisch means Crazy after fresh. Weird Huh :o

[youtube:1w06axtq]K0QHw7iy1Rg[/youtube:1w06axtq]

Guest Logster22

Here is all the zombie translations in some of waw and bo

:arrow: nacht der untoten-night of the undead

:arrow: Verruckt-assylum

:arrow: kino der toten-theater of the dead

:arrow: shi no numa-swamp of the dead

:arrow: der riese-the giant

Text for any corrections or questions

Guest DEFCON 1

Here is all the zombie translations in some of waw and bo

:arrow: nacht der untoten-night of the undead

:arrow: Verruckt-assylum

:arrow: kino der toten-theater of the dead

:arrow: shi no numa-swamp of the dead

:arrow: der riese-the giant

Text for any corrections or questions

This was known for a while :)

Guest Spock

Nacht Der Untoten- Literally translates to "Night of the Undead," but was probably intended to mean 'Night of the Living Dead" like the movie.

Verruckt- "Verruckt" is German for "Crazy."

Shi No Numa- Japanese for "Swamp of Death" or "Death's Swamp."

Der Riese- "Der Riese" is German for "The Giant." The name seen on the side of the building, "Waffenfabrik Der Riese," means "Weapons Factory of the Giant."

Kino Der Toten- German for "Theater of the Dead," or "Theater of the Damned," as Richtofen says in the map's intro.

I hope this helped.

Guest Zombieofthedead

Actually, Kino der Toten is "Cinema of the Dead" or "Movie theater of the Dead." Theater Der Toten would be Theater of the Dead.

And Verruckt can be Crazy, insane, or asylum. I don't know if it's context, or whatever, but this just shows my German basics.

Guest MyLittleHellhound

I don't think these really pertain or are very important to the story line, but it helps to know what they mean so good job.

Guest Silentcrisis

And then you have:

Ascension - The map has a rocket which launches or 'Ascends'.

Call of the Dead: The map features George Romero who directed the films 'Night of the Living Dead', 'Dawn of the Dead' and 'Day of the Dead' and he is directing the film in this map called 'Call of the Dead', the Call probably comes from 'Call of Duty'.

Shangri-La: The place where the map is set, the legendary Buddhist city. Also known as Shambala.

Moon: It's on the moon...

Obvious, but hey I thought i'd post anyway.

Guest Spock

Actually, Kino der Toten is "Cinema of the Dead" or "Movie theater of the Dead." Theater Der Toten would be Theater of the Dead.

And Verruckt can be Crazy, insane, or asylum. I don't know if it's context, or whatever, but this just shows my German basics.

Yes, but when referring to a cinema, do you say "cinema?" No, you say "theater," right? Even Richtofen said, "Theater of the Damned."

Guest Zombieofthedead

Yes, but when referring to a cinema, do you say "cinema?" No, you say "theater," right? Even Richtofen said, "Theater of the Damned."

Germans do. Hence, kino, or cinema. Direct translation is Cinema. That is all I mean. They would say cinema, we would say movie theater.

Guest Silentcrisis

Germans do. Hence, kino, or cinema. Direct translation is Cinema. That is all I mean. They would say cinema, we would say movie theater.

Or cinema if you're from the UK. :D

Guest MyLittleHellhound

Well some people say theater and cinema if they are referring to different things.

For example, theater could be like a play or something

cinema is cinematography so movie and film.

Kino is both, because they had a projector, so movie and film, but also had stage props, so that would mean it could be a theatre too.