• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nemesis_96

Yes, I wrote something on this a while ago, either on Black Ops forums or CODZL.

It is quite interesting though that they suggested the end being on the Moon way back in Kino times.

Guest MyLittleHellhound

They might have it all figured out, but that doesn't mean they can throw in a few "Ditzy Doo"s on the way!

I Still maintain that Treyarch has the entire story figured out.

From my understanding, they gave it to Avenged Sevenfold to make their song, but I can't confirm that.

Guest MurderMachineX

From my understanding, they gave it to Avenged Sevenfold to make their song, but I can't confirm that.

Lol: Go to an Avenged Sevenfold concert. Be one of the lucky few that meets them. "Hey kid, you want an autograph?" "No, just tell me what happens in the zombie story!"

Guest Tankeo Dempsaki

I almost posted a hilarious story about what happens after that, but Safari crashed and I got so mad I felt the urge to snap my iPod in half, do I Just wrote this instead.

Guest BlackOpsTiger

In my opinion, every song but maybe one or two is either about Samantha or from her epoint of view, more here:

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=16079

About two days before Moon came out I looked through all the songs and just form them alone I was able to predict Richtofen wanted to "Gain" whatever samantha had, and that Earth would inevitably be destroyed, and that they would go up to the moon, and never come back down.

So really Treyarch hid the storyline in the songs, and made up for the rest in Easter Eggs and voice acting.

Guest Undead xP

Actually, I doubt that. Sure, they may have a steady direction of where they were headed with it. But a lot of what has changed/added since the last map (including storyline development) has been inspired from the community. I'm still tripping over the fact that during the Zombie XP thing, they bluntly admitted that CoDz invented Samantha. Who knows how much inspiration and ideas they have implemented from the community itself in regards of storyline.

Anyways, I found it really curious that they used 115 for the song in the trailers for Moon, instead of Coming Home. So it's a curious thought. Mainly because we have anticipated Moon since Der Riese.

Guest Undead xP

Hey, not necessarily. I actually quite enjoyed it. It just needed more regular singing and like a bridge or something so it would have been like another minute or two longer.

Guest MurderMachineX

I just hate how all the Zombie songs nowadays are just screaming. I've never actually listened to the entirety of the song because I have to turn it off to keep my ears from hurting. My favorite was Lullaby for a Dead Man. My second was The One. Next Beauty of Annihilation. 115, eh it is alright. Abracavre, bearable. Paredoilia. No. Coming Home. Absolutely not. Nightmare. No no no. Not Ready to Die was pretty good though.

I just hate how all the Zombie songs nowadays are just screaming. I've never actually listened to the entirety of the song because I have to turn it off to keep my ears from hurting. My favorite was Lullaby for a Dead Man. My second was The One. Next Beauty of Annihilation. 115, eh it is alright. Abracavre, bearable. Paredoilia. No. Coming Home. Absolutely not. Nightmare. No no no. Not Ready to Die was pretty good though.

I am the same way, I cannot stand that screaming. I downloaded the songs, listened a little bit in, and not it still sits at 0 plays. I did not finish the song, nor would I imagine starting it ever again.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

I am the same way, I cannot stand that screaming. I downloaded the songs, listened a little bit in, and not it still sits at 0 plays. I did not finish the song, nor would I imagine starting it ever again.

lol on Moon, I decided to activate the song, and the second it started plain and I heard the "singing", I was like 'oh damn, I shouldn't have done that'.

The new songs are to much like some sort of screamo death metal. I liked the One the best.

Guest Zombieofthedead

Actually, really only Coming Home is bad. Paredolia... not so much. I don't know, it really didn't have a whole lot of metal, and sounded pretty good to me. I really did like the normal singing in Coming Home, though.

Guest Tankeo Dempsaki

As a diehard death metal fan, I can say that:

A: Coming home grows on you (ehh.)

B: they are pushing the screaming to much. And we feel that way, because, to put it bluntly, Elena Sucks at screaming. If you notice, in the earlier songs, the screaming was modulated. I don't want to bring gender into this, but IMO, girls are simply incapable of good growling/screaming. I don't know what it is, but I can't stand female screaming. Their bodies weren't built for it. (neither were ours, but outs have adapted.)

Guest MurderMachineX

As a diehard death metal fan, I can say that:

A: Coming home grows on you (ehh.)

B: they are pushing the screaming to much. And we feel that way, because, to put it bluntly, Elena Sucks at screaming. If you notice, in the earlier songs, the screaming was modulated. I don't want to bring gender into this, but IMO, girls are simply incapable of good growling/screaming. I don't know what it is, but I can't stand female screaming. Their bodies weren't built for it. (neither were ours, but outs have adapted.)

Well I honestly can't stand screaming no matter the gender. But I'd think it'd be the opposite. I would just imagine that mankind would stereotypically like female screaming better than male screaming, if given the option, because the female is more attractive or whatnot.

Well as the maps have increased in intensity so has the music.

I have to agree with Tankeo im not really into the female screams, there is rarely any bass behind it and gives me a headache after awhile.

Well imo a good metal scream should be like a warriors battlecry. Kevin sherwoods music is great but elena falls a little short in the vocal department. Shes more wailing banshee rather than battle hardened warrior.

Guest FatedTitan

I liked 115 and Abracadavre. After that, the Seigman songs went downhill. The beginning of Paredolia was alright, but then when it went to "I might try to.." whatever it all went downhill. Coming Home was dreadful. I never activate that song. Though I do occasionally trick a newb into getting downed by the excavator to activated Nightmare.

Guest killallzombies

In my opinion, every song but maybe one or two is either about Samantha or from her epoint of view, more here:

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=16079

About two days before Moon came out I looked through all the songs and just form them alone I was able to predict Richtofen wanted to "Gain" whatever samantha had, and that Earth would inevitably be destroyed, and that they would go up to the moon, and never come back down.

So really Treyarch hid the storyline in the songs, and made up for the rest in Easter Eggs and voice acting.

you're back

YAY

Guest MurderMachineX

Well imo a good metal scream should be like a warriors battlecry. Kevin sherwoods music is great but elena falls a little short in the vocal department. Shes more wailing banshee and battle hardened warrior.

Well if you're saying she's a bad singer, I really disagree. But I do think her talent has more suitable styles of music, not too far different than these ones, as I liked her first couple of Zombie songs.

Guest Tankeo Dempsaki

Funny you mention that Murder.

She released a rock/country album a long time ago called "the mighty". I don't think it sold much though. I've never seen it and There's no Wikipedia page on it Or her.

Guest piepwns

I just read through all the posts here, and we are getting WAYYYYYY off topic. Just take a look at what the original posts was...