The Zombie Condition

Guest nayrc

Guest nayrc

In this thread i am going to explain and discuss the zombie "condition" ie. how they are created, how they are controlled and by what/who, there behavior and more

I have only just started this and i am going to expand it to cover all topics i mentioned but for now it only has 2 topics

1.Zombies do not need a brain/head to function

Zombies are not controlled be there brain or at least they don't need there brain to function.

This is proven by two main factors

1. You can get a head shot (therefor you remove the head of the zombie) and the zombie will continue to function normally but that could be explained simply as a game-play mechanic witch is why i need to back it up with point 2

2. In the CIA documents on verrukt there is many documents about notes written by john,

i would like to bring you attention to this note in particular

"I once knew a soldier named Smokey

He slapped me on the head and awoke me

Turns out he was dead

I cut off his head

Yet but headless he still tried to choke me."

Some extra things to back this up:

1. Most of the bodies that are zombified are already very old and many have rotted over long periods of time, it is entirely possible that the brain would have rotted in many of these bodies

2. If you are infected by a zombie you can cut/block -off the infected part to stop the infection spreading

If you are hit/bit by a zombie you will receive an "infection" that spreads through-out the body but can be cut off

This is proven by one main factor

1. This poster in der riese

scaled.php?server=819&filename=201234205016.png&res=medium

In this you can see that the entire body is zombified except for the arm with looks fully human

The hand looks normal because the rest of the body is blocked off as something has been tightly tied around the arm.

Some extra things to back this up is

1. The fact that there is a non-zombified body hung in SNN witch is missing an arm, it is possible the arm infected and then removed to stop the infection spreading

these are just a few topics and I am still doing so research on the second, But here is a glimpse into the future at future topics i will be covering:

The "virus" is spread via contact (not necessarily a virus but I don't know how else to describe it)

Zombies are controlled by the pyramid

Killing zombies gives power to the pyramid (not directly connected to the zombie condition but something i want to cover)

The reason i posted this so early in development is so that you guys can give me feedback as to whether the points i make can be considered "fact" or not based on the evidence provided.

Guest Kasimir Device

Good Article the bit I find very interesting is

"Killing zombies gives power to the pyramid"

Which suggests that Zombies have a soul which considering they are dead I find interesting that 115 would be able to not only re-animate dead cells but to re-call a soul back to it's body.

Guest MurderMachineX

This is cool. Can I suggest some things?

The CIA files prove that Zombies have nothing to do with the brain, but rather the reanimation of the Zombies' cells.

***TOP SECRET***

***LEVEL 1 CLEARANCE ONLY***

***DER RIESE "SERVANT" SAMPLE A00115***

What follows is the chronological primary sample from the Der Riese project “Datenbediensteter” (translated: DATA SERVANT). Sample was acquired from CIA asset based out of Vozrozhdeniya in the Soviet Union and is translated from its original German Below:

***SERVANT ENTRY A00115***

'Element 115 overview:

'Sources include meteors found in

'Shi No Numa

'Tunguska

'Groom Lake

'Der Riese

'Moon (Confirmed via Astronomical team)

'Applications include:

'Transporter technology

'Power source for DG-2

'General weapon upgrades via PACK A PUNCH

'Side effects include:

'Reanimation of dead cells

'Via inherent electrical properties.

***END FILE***

As for the "infection" thing. I disagree. I've said this before, I don't know if you've seen it, so here goes:

The Zombies haven't been shown to have any infection. This was muddled when the iPod came out, but a good amount of people believe the iPod not to be canon at all. With that in mind, there has never been a case of infection. Quite the opposite; Zombies only try to slap you. They NEVER try to bite. Your image I think is just a peculiar, looking Zombie. Notice the rotting part going a ways beyond the tourniquet.

I believe the Zombies "spread", but indirectly, only via the "reanimated of dead cells" I mentioned earlier. A person dies around 115. He reanimates as a Zombie. He kills a person. The other person reanimates due to the 115. And so forth.

Otherwise, the main characters would have long been Zombies before now with all the wacks they've received.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

I believe that at Der Riese, those brains and spines were to test the effects on how the zombified brain sends messages to the rest of the body through the spine and spinal cord.

And perhaps the infection is from the bacteria of the dead's mouth, and it kills you. Leaving you to potentially be reanimated by the 115 :twisted:

Guest nayrc

@Kasimir Device, i don't mean give power via the cylinders that fill up...

but more on that later.

@mudermachine, thanks for your points and i see what you mean anout the infection but i am working on 2 more things to back that up but the only pics i can get are too hard to make out

and the reason i always belived the heros arn't infected was because they were experimented on using 115, but Richthofen wasn't experimented on so that doesn't really work, maybe drinking the 115 in the perks builds up a resistance if you drink them enough

could anyone try to translate or get a better image of this sign from der riese?, its on the animal testing area.

scaled.php?server=51&filename=20123420506.png&res=medium

Guest Shoreyo

1. You forget that Zombes die quickly after losing the head, chickens and other creatures can survive without a head for a while just like zombies, doesn't mean they don't need their brain!

2. Thats a good point, yet remember zombies is NOT a virus that is spread by bites as in RE, rather bodies contaminated by 115.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

I did my best on the first two

1. Night they move into panic

2. They take regular gas in building, out as ?

sorry some of the words were REALLY blurry and I skipped that one with an E, but it's for sure the part up there is correct.

Guest Zombieofthedead

For the infection non-believers, look at the ipod tutorial, and Five (I seriously doubt all those employees just died from zombies, some HAD to have run away, but eventually succumbed to it). ipod might not be canon, but I still think SOME of it can be relied upon.

Also, I think the zombies DO need their brains, but only for a degree. They can only last a short time without it, but of course they are reanimated by the 115.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

For the infection non-believers, look at the ipod tutorial, and Five (I seriously doubt all those employees just died from zombies, some HAD to have run away, but eventually succumbed to it). ipod might not be canon, but I still think SOME of it can be relied upon.

Also, I think the zombies DO need their brains, but only for a degree. They can only last a short time without it, but of course they are reanimated by the 115.

They were zombified from the perks.

Guest Zombieofthedead

That doesn't make sense.... That is seriously not a good answer to this. If that is true, the crew should be zombies, correct? There is no immunity to an element. You can't just not get lead poisoning when eating lead.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

That doesn't make sense.... That is seriously not a good answer to this. If that is true, the crew should be zombies, correct? There is no immunity to an element. You can't just not get lead poisoning when eating lead.

They are unaffected because they drink quick revive, which stops the infection. That's why the secretaries from the first floor with it aren't zombies.

and they are able to sue the weapons without turning.

They're a special foursome.

Guest Zombieofthedead

They are unaffected because they drink quick revive, which stops the infection. That's why the secretaries from the first floor with it aren't zombies.

How do we know quick revive does that? We do not.

Using the weapons... as long as you aren't getting hit by it, shouldn't matter.

And no, they are pretty much normal. Well, not in terms of personality, but still.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

How do we know quick revive does that? We do not.

Using the weapons... as long as you aren't getting hit by it, shouldn't matter.

And no, they are pretty much normal. Well, not in terms of personality, but still.

Yeah, read they're bios, they are exceptional soldiers outclassing their peers.

And yes, weapons make you turn. Kino note - "but who can use such weapons without turning..."

Guest Zombieofthedead

Even the greatest man could fall to 115.

And yes, weapons make you turn. Kino note - "but who can use such weapons without turning..."

Fair enough, but I think it might apply to bigger weapons, or they made them a bit safer.

I think it's more that 115 makes dead bodies rise only, but sort of has a mercury effect if living. It another one of the dead bites, it transmits through the wound.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Even the greatest man could fall to 115.

Fair enough, but I think it might apply to bigger weapons, or they made them a bit safer.

I think it's more that 115 makes dead bodies rise only, but sort of has a mercury effect if living. It another one of the dead bites, it transmits through the wound.

The bite and hit kills them, but it's the 115 that actually zombifies through reanimation.

Guest MurderMachineX

In the iPod, Rook isn't even touched by a Zombie before he "turns". It is simply a way to have a character give you the tutorial. Tank teaches you. Then you die, ending the tutorial. Really, none of it can be relied upon. It is just as canon as Call of Duty Black Ops DS.

In "Five", the employees were killed. Then they reanimated. Then they killed more.

Guest Zombieofthedead

In the iPod, Rook isn't even touched by a Zombie before he "turns". It is simply a way to have a character give you the tutorial. Tank teaches you. Then you die, ending the tutorial. Really, none of it can be relied upon. It is just as canon as Call of Duty Black Ops DS.

In "Five", the employees were killed. Then they reanimated. Then they killed more.

I'm talking the world at war ipod... Richtofen's already downed, and turns while he's still alive.

Some things I question why you guys over think. Others, I question why not. This is one of those why not things.

The bite and hit kills them, but it's the 115 that actually zombifies through reanimation.

Point is, we do not know for sure. Treyarch doesn't specify to be completely sure.

Guest MurderMachineX

Well either case can be used. Richtofen got infected and died? I think not. If the part about Richtofen dying is obviously not true, then why would we say that the part of him zombifying would be true at all?

Actually Treyarch specifically said that "Side effects include reanimation of dead cells via inherent electrical properties". Dead cells can only be reanimated... if they are DEAD.

Guest Zombieofthedead

Actually Treyarch specifically said that "Side effects include reanimation of dead cells via inherent electrical properties". Dead cells can only be reanimated... if they are DEAD.

That gives me an idea! What if dead cells take over the person? I mean, if a person gets bitten, some 115 could be transferred to those dead cells from the bite, causing them to slowly take over the person, and eventually killing them. I'm sure I could add more, but I'm not a biology expert here.

Of course, this is only a theory.

Guest killallzombies

1.i will quote the famous freddy crugger

the body can survive 30 seconds without a head,we still have 30 seconds of play time
that explains why they still move

2. someone cut off their hand in W@W Verruckt with that bloody **** please report this topic, post **** knife,i think it's safe to say it was to stop an infection

The disease is spreading

-Takeo,spreading

Guest MurderMachineX

That is making the assumption that reanimated cells kill normal cells. Cells aren't sentient, they could only kill accidentally by infecting 115 into a nearby cell. But 115... only affects dead cells. Also, while the zombies have mouths to bite, they have shown themselves more akin to slapping you around in every game since Nacht.

Peter's arm was bit off by a Zombie. It may have to do with that. Not to hinder an infection.

As for Takeo, he references deep, metaphorical sayings all the time and many references to other things. Even so, he is right in a way. The Zombies are spreading across the world, one contained habitat at a time.

Guest Zombieofthedead

That is making the assumption that reanimated cells kill normal cells. Cells aren't sentient, they could only kill accidentally by infecting 115 into a nearby cell. But 115... only affects dead cells. Also, while the zombies have mouths to bite, they have shown themselves more akin to slapping you around in every game since Nacht.

For gameplay purposes... I mean, for all we know it could be scratches as well. Maybe the antibodies of the cells tried to fight the zombified flesh, but failed, and leaving other diseases to afflict it. I don't know, we don't have much information. It's a theory.

Peter's arm was bit off by a Zombie. It may have to do with that. Not to hinder an infection.

As for Takeo, he references deep, metaphorical sayings all the time and many references to other things. Even so, he is right in a way. The Zombies are spreading across the world, one contained habitat at a time.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Alright, there's some misunderstanding.

The zombies ARE the infection, it is a metaphor. The zombies are an evil plague and their keep having outbreaks, they just simply cannot be controlled.

And yes, element 115 can reanimate dead cells.

But the perks, have 115, and continuous ingestion and contact with 115, can cause you to go crazy, and loose your mind because of the effects.

You see, the radiation grows a tumor on you're brain which takes over, it's how the zombies work, The radiation from drinking something with 115, even small amounts, can cause this effect over time and slowly result in zombification of a living person.

Or

And now that I think about it this one is much more probable:

perhaps even, the people were killed by the reanimated zombies, and being that they drank the perks, the 115 inside of them reanimated them!

Either way, the perks are apart of the outbreak.

And it is not an infection, the biting infects, but not to zombify. The human mouth is filled with disgusting bacteria. They say one should be more worried about a human bite than one from an animal (unless it's a species that is often found with rabies i.e. raccoons). So you could get a bacterial infection from a bite and it could kill you. Especially with the medical science of WW II.

So here's how it might work. Someone at Verruckt gets bit. He shrugs it off because the pain isn't that bad. Soon it grows to become a bad bacterial infection and he gets very sick and dies. They bury him in the courtyard due to lack of proper burial ground. The perks he drank, some of the 115 is still inside of him slowly irradiating his dead cells! And eventually, he re-animates.

So when Peter was bitten, he knew if he didn't amputate his torn off arm, the torn tissue and veins would be harder to repair that normal. So he chopped off the remaining stump, halfway up his bicep. And then he took the pots and pans, and heated them up on the stove, and then pressed them against his wound. They intense heat charred the tissue and nerves, stopping the bleeding. This is called cauterizing. That's pretty much how Peter saved himself.

Nothing to do with infections though.

Hope this clears it up.

Guest Monopoly Mac

Well on if you look on the screens on the Black Ops zombies menu you can actually see a zombie munching on a scientist. So they do in fact eat flesh and kill. Now if your assumption was correct then that could be how zombies infect others. They kill the person and then the 115 in the zombie reanimates the cells in the dead guy. How it infect live people I could only see a "Zombie Survival Guide" kind of infection. It enters your bloodstream and shuts down your body rendering you dead. The 115 does the rest.