Shi No Numa is in China; Nikolai was Captured There

Tac

• Administrators

Hey guys, TacticalInsertion here with another thread, and this one is one of my finest in my eyes. There have been theories about Shi No Numa being in New Guinea, and while that is a really well thought out theory, I think I can 1-up it. :twisted:

In World War 2, there was a biological weapons research and human experimentation team known as Unit 731, and they had many compounds. In the Rebirth intel for the campaign, it states that there was Japanese biological research under Unit 731 and the Imperial Japanese Army in Manchuria, China. As we know, Group 935 got the blueprints of the biological weapon Ray Gun from the Rising Sun Facility, known as Shi No Numa to us.

If you notice, there are logs all around Shi No Numa. Unit 731 had a compound in Pingfan, Manchuria, where their excuse for the facility was that it was a lumber mill, so they had logs and wood all around (Note that there is The Flogger, made of wood). Rumor from around the compound is that they referred to their human specimens as "logs." Some of you might say that there were no human experimentation going on inside Shi No Numa, however I will quote something from Takeo's biography from Treyarch, as I believe that he worked at Shi No Numa.

The war was a perfect opportunity for Takeo to explore his blood-lust and study the nature of those less honorable than himself.

Some of you might quote the quote in Kino about the 115 meteor being from Japan, however at that time, Japan had control of Manchuria so it was technically still Japan. That basically sums up why I believe that Shi No Numa is in Manchuria, China. I will now move on to why I believe that Nikolai Belinski was captured there.

In August of 1945, the Soviets invaded Manchuria with 1 million soldiers. I believe that after Nikolai was dropped on the front lines, he was part of this invasion. Note that less than one month later, Richtofen makes the first Call of the Dead radio stating that he has two newly acquired test subjects, Takeo and Nikolai. I believe that this means they were captured around the same time since he knows little about each.

Feel free to discuss any of this and express your concerns :)

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Great theory Tak.

Just one thing, if it was a Japan v Russia battle, how did they end up in the hands of a German?

Great theory Tak.

Just one thing, if it was a Japan v Russia battle, how did they end up in the hands of a German?

I believe that Richtofen was working in Shi No Numa at that time and when he saw Nikolai wander in drunk, he knew he had to get out of there so he took them both to test on them.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Great theory Tak.

I believe that Richtofen was working in Shi No Numa at that time and when he saw Nikolai wander in drunk, he knew he had to get out of there so he took them both to test on them.

ah ok, that clears it up. Thanks, I was just confused on how exactly Richtofen got them in a non-German battle.

Guest Zombieofthedead

I'm fairly certain it was mentioned that Shi no numa was, in fact, in Japan. I can't remember where (terminal?).

I'm fairly certain it was mentioned that Shi no numa was, in fact, in Japan. I can't remember where (terminal?).

Yeah, that is why I said this:

Japan had control of Manchuria so it was technically still Japan.
Guest Zombieofthedead

That isn't a part of Japan. Controlled by Japan, but not actually Japan. It's part of the Japanese empire. That still is not, infact, Japan. I guess it could be debated, but lets be honest, only Japan would consider it apart of Japan.

That isn't a part of Japan. Controlled by Japan, but not actually Japan. It's part of the Japanese empire. That still is not, infact, Japan. I guess it could be debated, but lets be honest, only Japan would consider it apart of Japan.

When Rome conquered all the different parts of current Europe and Asia, the countries and lands were no longer associated with their previous country. It was part of the Roman Empire, it was part of Rome. Same thing with this, when Japan conquered Manchuria, it was no longer a part of China, it was part of the Japanese Empire, it was part of Japan.

Guest killallzombies

yeah,but in takeo's eyes he would consider it japan

Guest Zombieofthedead

Okay, where did it say it was in Japan again? It may have not been recognized by Japan depending on the country. American's wouldn't consider Manchuria Japan, but just something they've taken over.

Okay, where did it say it was in Japan again? It may have not been recognized by Japan depending on the country. American's wouldn't consider Manchuria Japan, but just something they've taken over.

In a Kino quote, they say that the meteorite is from Japan.

Guest Zombieofthedead

In a Kino quote, they say that the meteorite is from Japan.

Wasn't it in a news article on the CoD website, also?

This seems quite solid. I like it. [brains]

Regards Alpha.

Thanks man, I am glad it passed your test 8-)

That doesn't change anything, but yes. It states that it is in the swamp of Japan. Yet again, Manchuria would technically be Japan at that time.

Guest Zombieofthedead

That doesn't change anything, but yes. It states that it is in the swamp of Japan. Yet again, Manchuria would technically be Japan at that time.

Not by U.S. standards. That's still China to them, but the Japanese occupy it ;)

Not by U.S. standards. That's still China to them, but the Japanese occupy it ;)

If we took over Cuba right now and claimed it, it would be part of America. The Japanese took over Manchuria, it was a part of Japan. I don't see how you don't get this.

Guest AlphaSnake

The Roman empire covered many lands, yet that land once conquered & occupied was considered Roman.

The same goes for any empire including the Imperial Japanese.

Regards Alpha.

Guest killallzombies

we're not playing by U.S. standards anyhow

Guest Zombieofthedead

We are if you consider the CoD website thing.

I'll consider Manchuria as a possibility, but are there even rain forests in Manchuria? There are in southern China and south Japanese islands, but I'm not sure about Manchuria.

We are if you consider the CoD website thing.

I'll consider Manchuria as a possibility, but are there even rain forests in Manchuria? There are in southern China and south Japanese islands, but I'm not sure about Manchuria.

One has to discern from a rain forest to a moist forest, which Manchuria has, but not necessarily temperate rain forest.

Guest Matuzz

Group 935 got the blueprints of the biological weapon Ray Gun from the Rising Sun Facility, known as Shi No Numa to us.

Well first of all Ray Gun is not biological weapon!

Biological weapons are toxic materials produced from pathogenic organisms (usually microbes) or artificially manufactured toxic substances that are used to intentionally interfere with the biological processes of a host.

***SERVANT ENTRY A00359***

“Ray Gun summary: “Prototype developed by “Doctor Ludvig Maxis, “origin Der Riese facility “Based on designs seized from “Rising Sun facility at SNN. “Powered by Element 115 “Ray Gun works on microwave technology “And discharges a burst of green “Plasma energy between 220 and 230V. “Second generation currently under “Development by H. Porter “To reduce excessive peripheral “Damage.

***END FILE***

Also Unit 731 was mainly working in China but they had branches in quite many places:

Unit 731 was initially operating only in China, but when the Pacific war started, they set up the branch units, for example in Beijing, Nanjing, Quandong and Singapore and various other places, and even in New Guinea and New Ireland.

But it could be possible that they were captured together some where maybe SNN who knows.

But there is the option that Takeo never was at SNN.

Hmm, I thought it was biological because I swore I read that somewhere. As for Takeo, I agree, he may not have ever been there, but I think that it is doubtful. I think that Takeo is mysterious enough that anything is really possible with him, so you are right in saying he may not have been there.

Guest piepwns

So let me get this straight, it is in Kino-age China, but in SNN's time it was technically in Japan territory. That right? because it would make sense now after the quote I PMed you about.

Guest MurderMachineX

I was trying to see if I could confirm or debunk this. I talked to two college-level history instructors yesterday, one specialized in U.S. history (USH) and the other in world history (WH). I reference intel from Treyarch.

Me: "A couple of buddies and I are trying to find the location of a Japanese base during World War II. We suspect it could be located in Manchuria. Would that really be considered as part of Japan?"

WH: "No, it really wouldn't."

Me: "Oh, also. We know that it was referred to as "Japanese swamplands" from the perspective of an authority of Marines."

WH: "Oh, then, in that perspective, it very well could be."

Me: "A couple of buddies and I are trying to find the location of a Japanese base during World War II. We suspect it could be located in Manchuria, China. We also know that it was referred to as "Japanese swamplands" from the perspective of some authority of Marines. Would that really be considered as part of Japan?"

USH: "I really don't know. I'd have to research that."

Not really helpful, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Guest ninezerowill

Damn, this was REALLY well thought out...

Makes me wish 3ARC would tell us more about Takeo... Could help confirm or deny some theories floating around this site, especially this one.

Great work, TI!

:mrgreen: