You odd little astronaut...

Hey, I was just wondering why no one's really looked into the astronaut zombie? I always thought there was more than meets the eye to him. (which is very little).

For example:

-why does he explode like that upon death?

-why is he so powerful?

-how can he headbutt you, and teleport you somewhere else, while stealing a perk? Very odd.

-why does he spawn in a flash of lightning?

I'm not very good at researching things, so can my friends here at CODZ help me out with these mysteries?

If these have already been answered I apologize.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MurderMachineX

There's nothing to go on. The really only rational explanation is that it was a freak mutation of Zombies that were currently wearing astronaut suits when they were zombified.

Guest Black Wolf

...or it's really the zombified remains of Dr. Schuster or Dr. Groph.... /crackpot theory

But no, seriously, this is probably one of those thing that will just end up being game mechanics, as they wanted a sort of boss zombie. It's similar to the Pentagon thief and George Romero in that it periodically returns no matter how many times you kill it, so if you wanted to explore that angle, you could. The explosion could potentially be explained by the gunfire reacting with the oxygen of the P.E.S.

Guest Arussianmonkey

You know Nikoli refers to the astronaut as a "bomb" in some cases. You probably have heard "Strange bombey thingey did something nice for Nikoli!". I have also heard something like "Great, another bomb zombie." so yeah intresting.

The explosion the astranaut causes is similar to that of the Q.E.D. I wonder if group 935 and/or the nazis and/or the russians and/or anyone else created this guy as a type of supersoldiar using properties from the Q.E.D., hellhounds (they flash in), and a regular zombie. I wonder if there is even life under the suit...

Guest Tankeo Dempsaki

You know Nikoli refers to the astronaut as a "bomb" in some cases. You probably have heard "Strange bombey thingey did something nice for Nikoli!". I have also heard something like "Great, another bomb zombie." so yeah intresting.

The explosion the astranaut causes is similar to that of the Q.E.D. I wonder if group 935 and/or the nazis and/or the russians and/or anyone else created this guy as a type of supersoldiar using properties from the Q.E.D., hellhounds (they flash in), and a regular zombie. I wonder if there is even life under the suit...

Maybe... Just maybe, it's a ROBOT.

A mechanical soldier.

A nice alternative to 935's biological warfare. (Dethklok reference!)

Guest Tankeo Dempsaki

The quotes probably won't help. They are reused from getting a positive effect from the Q.E.D.

We need to find the quotes for when the character sees it spawning. They're rare. But they're there.

Guest TheOnlyShapeshifter

This is where the "Dream" theory comes into play.

Maybe it is actually nothing at all, and it's just Samantha's creative mind, eh?

We do know it's a zombie, based on quotes and this picture:

Rezurrection_Moon_2R1.jpg

Humans cannot breath in space, and his arms are out towards someone. Plus the one in the background...

(Off-topic, did anyone else notice the satellite that wasn't in the map that's in this pic?)

Guest Tankeo Dempsaki

I forgot about the picture. Notice how the eye isn't glowing, (but then again none of them are).

I still don't subscribe to the dream theory. It'd turn me off zombies forever.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

It could be a failed experiment of the governments. They were trying to link that tele porter to Moon.

And he spawns in lightning , like the hellhounds.

Perhaps he didn't go through to well...

Guest MurderMachineX

These are the "astro" files that talk about the Astro-Zombie.

Boom!

Hasta la vista, space-freek.

Woohoo! Awesome!

See you, space-sack.

Yeehaw!

Boom! That's what I call sudden decompression.

Ka-pow! Another zombie down. Another round for Nikolai!

Such carnage!

His suit exploded! Wait, can that happen to us?

Die, spaceman-zombie-cosmonaut, die!

A tough nut to crack that was.

What, you are surprised?

My prowess knows no bounds.

Ooooh! Burn!

I destroy you out of love. Love of destruction!

To the very blackness of space!

He will never see another Earthrise.

Such a waste of flesh!

Ah, it bounces nicely!

Die, space-fiend!

Ooh!

Die!

Uh uh uh! Not today!

I feel no pity for your pain.

Stay away from Sam!

What to conclude? Not much. They are Zombies. And they explode due to pressure. That means the explosion is probably the atmosphere inside the suit rupturing, possibly because the suits are really old and used?

Guest MurderMachineX

Maybe the QED replicates the effects of decompression?

Possibly. It does a dozen other things, so why not that? Although it does have a particular affinity for it.

Guest Tankeo Dempsaki

I think we may be closer to figuring out the QED...

I could make a thread to discuss how the different effects could be created.

Guest Black Wolf

I think Tom's QED thread covers the subject extremely well: http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=19323.

There are some more quotes to be found; the characters will say very specific things if they happen to be looking right as the astronaut spawns. I have heard Richtofen say "Space Giant! We must kill it" and "It wears a suit but is still dead..." This also confirms that it is a zombie. I'll try to get some of the others, but it's kind of tricky to know where it's going to spawn and make sure you're looking there lol.

Guest MurderMachineX

I think Tom's QED thread covers the subject extremely well: http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=19323.

There are some more quotes to be found; the characters will say very specific things if they happen to be looking right as the astronaut spawns. I have heard Richtofen say "Space Giant! We must kill it" and "It wears a suit but is still dead..." This also confirms that it is a zombie. I'll try to get some of the others, but it's kind of tricky to know where it's going to spawn and make sure you're looking there lol.

Hm? I might try to find those as well.

Guest Tankeo Dempsaki

I meant Why they happen. I new about Tom's thread.

And I've heard the Astronaut quotes too. They only come up if he spawns while the player is looking at him.

Guest aegisknight

the astronaut has the same health and movement as the napalm zombies.

He teleports in using the same means as a hellhound

He can grab and steal the same as the Thief.

These are observations I have made, something to build upon.