Why haven't we gone back to the Moon?

My theory of why is the official story is in the 80's when NASA appealed to the congress they said no.

What i think is and some info was from MixMasterNut pyramid post is, What if we haven't gone back to the moon because something was there, in the pictures MixMasterNut posted there was a pyramid in they background that NASA claimed was nothing, but that was a creature made pyramid not a asteroid or a naturally made so what I am going to say when Apollo 17 took the picture and sent it to NASA the guys probably wanted to check it out but NASA was to afraid to tell the public the truth so they said it was nothing. Comment of what you think.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tanked99

i looked through tons of photos of the appolo 17 mission and i saw thing in some of the background like it looked like one of them was on all fours and it was all jegedy i know it wasnt a rock because how many rocks look like they have legs like a dog or cat plus i saw a few videos that got me thinking if the apollo teams work was such a big success and we had nothing to worry about why would they debrief them and black out paperwork 8-)

Guest IamTankDempsey

I was listening to audio tapes earlier and one astronaut said with quotations going to a " Big Boulder" then he said wink.

Guest tanked99

I was listening to audio tapes earlier and one astronaut said with quotations going to a " Big Boulder" then he said wink.

cool so you think they "classified" what is "big boulder" but it was the pyramed :o

Guest BlindBusDrivr

they codename everything to something so far off you'd never even guess. Operation 'FISHBOWL', was launching nukes into the atmosphere and detonating them for testing.

As for why we haven't gone back, do you realize how expensive and dangerous it is?

The apollo program cost 130 billion dollars!

Each Saturn V, the only viable moon rocket in existence, is 1.2 billion per each one.

the astronomical field has a lot of money involved. Also, the moon landing is such a risk, remember how Apollo 13 almost died and they never touched down?

Also the shuttle was a nice replacement.

And after proving we could do it, moon rovers/drones were a much more cheaper, moral, and reliable alternative than people.

Guest Suhn-Sol-Jashin

Lol, ever seen the movie Apollo 18?

A lot of people wonder why we haven't returned to the moon.

It's never been explained thoroughly.

Guest DaPikmin

What? I could've sworn we've been on the Moon recently... So you're telling me we've only been on there once?

But really, if they've been there once they can do it again... Right?

Guest MixMasterNut

Like humans have been in the Moon even at the first place :lol:

Buzz Aldrin would kick your ass if he heard that :lol:.

I see what you did there ;)

Guest MixMasterNut

If you find the audio source to that, please add it to my thread.

My personal fav conspiracy theory on why we haven't gone back to the Moon, is because the aliens there told us not to :lol:

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Alright, we don't go back to the Moon because we have no reason to!

We got what we could from it, there wasn't much point in sending more people.

Plus it's expensive and dangerous.

Look at Apollo 13, they almost died on the way to the Moon.

And why do they have to debrief the guys before going? It's not because of monsters on the moon or anything, it's because NASA holds some of the most advanced tech in existence, and they need them to know that whatever information they know about the rockets or NASAs secret technologies, etc. they must keep to themselves.

It's like if you want to join the CIA, they tell you before anything you cannot write a book or tell anyone about your work because it can put hundreds of people in danger.

Also, we are in a national debt of trillions, moon landings are to expensive.

Also, moon rovers are much cheaper and reliable than people in moon missions anyways.

The whole point of putting a MAN on the moon was to show we are superior to Russia.

Hope this clears this stuff up.

Guest IamTankDempsey

If you find the audio source to that, please add it to my thread.

My personal fav conspiracy theory on why we haven't gone back to the Moon, is because the aliens there told us not to :lol:

Du d the audio source is on your thread i watched the entire 2nd video and they mentioned it

Guest IamTankDempsey

Yea but in the 80's we weren't in debt and had the technology to make a moon base to dig to see if anything was or in the moon.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Yea but in the 80's we weren't in debt and had the technology to make a moon base to dig to see if anything was or in the moon.

They got rock samples and did mild tests.

We couldn't, and still cannot build a moon base.

I don't even feel like explaining cause it's like 11pm here, but go look up some articles about colonizing the Moon. It's not like it would be easy.

And once we beat the Russians, there was really nothing left to prove and Congress failed to see much more importance the missions. And rovers were discovered to be much easier and more effective to put into space.

sorry if I'm being a downer guys, I'm just not a conspiracy theorist out of zombies.

Guest MixMasterNut

Du d the audio source is on your thread i watched the entire 2nd video and they mentioned it

oh :facepalm:

I knew I'd heard that quote but I forgot from where, lol

Guest i am richtofen

I'd rather go to Mars anyways. It'd be much more exciting.

Black Ops 2, map pack one poster:

marsattackss.jpg

But yeah on topic, there is probably something on the moon. Do I know what that thing is ? Nope. Do I expect Mix to make a thread about it that will give me a headache ? Yes I do.

Guest IamTankDempsey

In all honesty the only conspiracy to this in black ops is the pyramid in the starting screen and Sam's Pyramid in the power room, but it still wouldn't explain why they would reject his Apollo 17 patches with the Stonehenge on it.

Guest Nemesis_96

Ya, why have we not built a moonbase yet? Or have we :shock:

There were two projects, the Lunex and the Horizono project which both aimed to land on the Moon and then later build a base on the moon. They were both US Air Force based, just before NASA. Though, Lunex was cancelled just before NASA was made and not too long before JFk's assassination. It wanted to put a 21 man underground base into the Moon.

More recently, there's been another plan the Gingrich project, recently cancelled in 2010 by Obama due to financial cutbacks. However, Obama said something along the lines of wanting to go to Mars, asteroids and expand the ISS instead of going to the moon.

Also, there is suspicion of a Nazi moon base on the dark side of the moon, the Black Sun Base i think it was.

Obviously you are right that it would cost too much, but even so, it is peculiar that we haven't really tried that much.

No we are treading into the moon landing conspiracy. This all ties in, just. If we did go to the Moon at an earlier stage, and it's possible as there were so many plans we simply haven't heard of, then we found something alien, it's only normal to not go back for a long time.

I also have another idea, (which i just happen to be making into a text game!!) though it's completely crazy:

US and CCCP make a pact to let Russia go to the moon first to get research or whatever. Also letting US get the public coverage faked to make US more popular but let the US people think they did go to the Moon. Meanwhile, Russians reach the Moon and find something completely unexpected: something alien. BAM! PLOT TWIST! And that's why we haven't been since.

Guest K1llsteelr

Space race ended new defensive strategy needed

It was a show of might of superpowers a friendly wargame of tech and how each nation could sustain and evolve technolgy

After the race for the moon there was still an abundance of science and physics to be explored that could be conducted on earth like exploration of Einstein's General Relativity theory using LLR

Also if you look how many componants are in a vehicle and how many return faults just in take off the chances of failure are high

Guest MyLittleHellhound

You might just meet some interesting things up there...........

Sometimes I wonder if that movie, Apollo whatever it is, was real. I am leaning towards no. But still, there's a possibilty. This is the easiest and most clear flamebait ever, but yeah what is your take on rock creatures and NASA being all secretive?

Guest aegisknight

Lol, ever seen the movie Apollo 18?

A lot of people wonder why we haven't returned to the moon.

It's never been explained thoroughly.

$$

thats pretty much it.

We had plans to return to the Moon about 12 years ago, it was a platform put forth during Bush during his election campaign. A small Moon outpost would serve as a forward base for manned missions to Mars. His proposal was put forth to mimic Kennedy to get the United States excited for space exploration again and put popular support behind NASA funding.

The program was axed after 9/11, and all of its proposed funding went to the newly created department of homeland security, and the defense department to fund the wars in iraq and afghanistan.