Shangri-La's Monkey Connection.

Guest Tankeo Dempsaki

Guest Tankeo Dempsaki

This is a theory I came up with from something BlindBusDrivr said.

We all know Treyarch loves their monkeys...

SpaceMonkeysAscension.png

And

ZMonkeyClose.png

I have a theory about said monkeys.

Now, it could be possible that the monkeys in Shangri-La are the Space Monkeys' Descendants. since the group had been flung into the future from COTD, and teleported to Shangri-La, in that time, the space Monkeys could have bred, (we've seen weirder) and made their way to Shangri-La.

Possibly using the lunar landers we see in the debris blocking off some of the doors.

Now. For this to work we have to assume that dying and being resurrected doesn't affect your ability to procreate. Belief suspended? Good.

Now, we have no idea how far in between COTD and Ascension are. So, I am suggesting that the space monkeys from Ascension, (during and before the time the crew was at COTD) traveled to Shangri-La, and well, mated. Creating the monkeys we see today.

How did they get there you may ask? You can see lunar landers among the debris around the map. This would suggest that some of the monkeys crash landed here, instead of in Ascension. Once they climbed out of the landers, they found themselves in a new place.

Attracted to the 115 already in the area, the monkeys took up residence here. Breeding, and possibly evolving. Notice how the Shang monkey's fur is yellow? Evolving to camouflage with it's new environment better. (I don't know, maybe the 115 in their systems speeds up the process?)

I have also received news that the monkeys from Shangri-La and Ascension are more closely related than we thought. Could this be the connection?

I know I ramble, but my main messages should come through, as I repeated it frequently :)

Guest Mike9472

Very interesting theory I just thought the Zombies infected the Monkeys by biting or scratching. The Monkeys from Ascension could have landed then escaped with the team through teleporting and ended up in Shangri La while the team got trapped in CoTD.

Guest MurderMachineX

I just don't think this is likely. After all, they are both Zombies. In this game, Zombies by definition are reanimated dead. I think it is more likely that it turns out that 115 affects more than just humans but all apes as well.

Space Monkeys are chimps. Justl look at them. And look at a picture of a chimpanzee. Not to mention the Russians liked using chimps as subjects.

Guest Tankeo Dempsaki

I still maintain that they aren't chimps. I'll say again, they have tails, and Treyarch would have called them space chimps. As chimpanzees are apes, not monkeys.

Guest MixMasterNut

I thought I just put the proof in front of your face. But again, believe whatever you want.

I recommend you look up Project Mercury.

Guest MurderMachineX

Actually, Tankeo has a good point. Evidence points to Space Monkeys being chimps, but chimps don't have tails. How can that be explained? I don't think there is any chimp-looking monkey with a tail.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

lol good job Tankeo, I'm going to post my spin on it, it's a little different.

First off, the monkeys that would have landed here aren't dead. They never made it past orbit and fell back here, ergo they were never exposed to 115 on the Moon and zombified.

It is possible that the monkeys reproduced and that is why they still have the intelligence to collect power ups and such, and they want them to power their rockets so they can return.

But now that you show the high resolution pic, I think that the monkeys may have still been zombified and are still surviving here, the suits have just deteriorated or been torn off.

And @Mix: How are those space monkeys at Ascension chimps? It'd have to be either a Rhesus or Capuchin.

Chimps can grow to be relatively big, especially the years it would take to train them for space flight. The common male chimp is almost 6 ft tall when standing, that definitely is not at all a chimpanzee.

The Rhesus and capuchin are the two most likely candidates.

Guest MurderMachineX

Well hold on. The Space Monkeys still CLEARLY look chimp-like. They only thing is that they had tails. And the whole premise of the Space Monkeys is that the Soviets sent them into space, and all Soviet animals in space die. The capsules then hammer back down on those Rounds, and the 115 reanimates the bodies.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Well hold on. The Space Monkeys still CLEARLY look chimp-like. They only thing is that they had tails. And the whole premise of the Space Monkeys is that the Soviets sent them into space, and all Soviet animals in space die. The capsules then hammer back down on those Rounds, and the 115 reanimates the bodies.

You might change some of that after reading this:

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18899

Guest MyLittleHellhound

Does 115 even reanimate instantaneously? Because if the monkeys are dead when the y hit the ground, and pop out of the capsule zombified, that means it would be an instantaneous effect. But if it insnt does that mean 115 is in the atmosphere?...okay well anyways. Yeah thats my take on it. Not bad Tankeo.

Guest MixMasterNut

BTW, I'm still losing sleep about why these "chimps" have tails.

I'm just stuck on them being chimps, yet I dont get why Treyarch would miss that detail.

The Ascension monkeys don't look like rhesus, capuchin, squirrel, cynomolgus, or pig-tailed macaque to me. That's all the different species I've found used in space missions. Either the colors, fur, or face is wrong. Maybe I'm wrong somewhere. I don't know.

* Advice for Tankeo - Grow thicker skin. Stick to your guns, unless you genuinely feel you're arguement has been countered. I kinda feel like you buckled under pressure here. And I'll appologize if I played part in that.

Guest MurderMachineX

Agreed. I don't know why that would be. Well, what about that one deformation where humans are born with tails? I'm pretty sure all apes are prone to that; perhaps these chimps have been inbred?

* Advice for Tankeo - Grow thicker skin. Stick to your guns, unless you genuinely feel you're arguement has been countered. I kinda feel like you buckled under pressure here. And I'll appologize if I played part in that.

That's solid advice.