Kino questions and connection to Verruckt, FIVE

Guest aegisknight

Guest aegisknight

so I've been doing some hunting around Kino lately, I haven't seen the answers to any questions I've had there. Could be because the map is a year and a half old, so these things are all old hat, but here goes anyway.

First, who are emilia and abigail?

IMG_04021.jpg

The top name is Samantha, who I am familiar with. Who are these other women? And why are they so friendly?

Next, I have seen pretty much no mention of its connection to Verruckt.

When teleporting, one of the rooms it sends you to is in Verruckt, plain as day. The surgeon's chair is present, along with fresh tools and towels. Looking through one window into the "spawn" shows another surgeon's chair, with a lamp, and a severed head on the floor. The path to the stair is walled off, all the windows are covered as well.

[youtube:2dyzjike]hBRIGgl6-48[/youtube:2dyzjike]

In the juggernog room, the decore is left exactly the same as in Verruckt, except the box spawn is replaced with rubble, and the juggernog machine is replaced with a water cooler with a paper cone dispenser. The shelves and cabinets have not moved. The opening leading to the other half of the spawn is covered by a heavy quarantine door, and I also noticed that the ceilings in the two lit rooms is now covered in a metal grating.

Strangely, the tiles have been replaced but the blood stains are exactly as they are in Verruckt. The metal grating, quarantine, new walls, and water cooler lead me to believe that these renovations took place after the verruckt we know and love.

It also connects to the Pentagon, a room that is viewed in the campaign.

What do these things mean?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FatedTitan

I'm not sure, but at 1:05 in that video. What is that board with the characters on it? It seems to have buildings and such with trees and other things. Then at the end is Teddy. What's this mean?

In my mind, Emilia and Abagail are either just a few of Samantha's friends or they were the daughters of fellow co-workers at the base.

To me, the connection of mind control. In Verruckt they attempted mind control in the physical way, with an operating chair and opening the brain up. In Kino, they tried it the psychological way by implanting instructions and such and using words and their subconscious. In the GK drop there were papers about the old United States experiments in the early 1950's, codenamed Project MKULTRA. It was an illegal CIA human experimentation operation designed to alter and manipulate the mind and brain functions.

Guest aegisknight

well messing around in FIVE, I noticed that it was the Americans who raided the Kino facility (the chalkboard from the PAP room appears next to the teleporter, the bulletin boards are scattered throughout the labs)

but it is hard to tell when this happened. If these items appeared in Washington, that means they were shipped from Berlin, which means it took place a significant amount of time after Kino.

The technology from FIVE is far more advanced than that found in Kino, so I would assume that the Americans had been working with other techs for some time, and were just using the data gleaned from Kino to bolster the work they already had done. But what the Americans do NOT have is an operational, or even experimental, Thundergun, which WAS at Kino (also, Russian).

So based on these connections, the Americans discovered Verruckt, Kino, and probably Der Reise, and FIVE leads me to believe they began duplicating and improving upon experiments found in those locations.

So they found Verruckt, and renovated/duplicated on-site based on the Kino teleporters, but for their finds at Kino, they brought the materials back to the Pentagon for in-house R&D, by the looks of things a lot more than teleporter technologies.

But how do the Russians fit into all this? What were the 4 heros doing for the lengthy period of time between Kino and Ascension?

Guest BlindBusDrivr

I believe that Emilia and Abigail would be the daughters of other 935 scientists, and she knew them. I can hear little children playing when I get by the window of Sam's room when we teleport.

well messing around in FIVE, I noticed that it was the Americans who raided the Kino facility (the chalkboard from the PAP room appears next to the teleporter, the bulletin boards are scattered throughout the labs)

but it is hard to tell when this happened. If these items appeared in Washington, that means they were shipped from Berlin, which means it took place a significant amount of time after Kino.

The technology from FIVE is far more advanced than that found in Kino, so I would assume that the Americans had been working with other techs for some time, and were just using the data gleaned from Kino to bolster the work they already had done. But what the Americans do NOT have is an operational, or even experimental, Thundergun, which WAS at Kino (also, Russian).

So based on these connections, the Americans discovered Verruckt, Kino, and probably Der Reise, and FIVE leads me to believe they began duplicating and improving upon experiments found in those locations.

So they found Verruckt, and renovated/duplicated on-site based on the Kino teleporters, but for their finds at Kino, they brought the materials back to the Pentagon for in-house R&D, by the looks of things a lot more than teleporter technologies.

But how do the Russians fit into all this? What were the 4 heros doing for the lengthy period of time between Kino and Ascension?

In regards to the blackboard and such, there is so many reused items I can't tell what is legit and what is not. The reason the technology is far more advanced is because it is about 20 years into the future compared to Kino, so naturally the technology would be better. As far as the characters, they were either fighting in Kino for a while or right when they finished they time traveled to Ascension. I have just been very hesitant to say that the Americans ransacked Kino.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

In regards to the blackboard and such, there is so many reused items I can't tell what is legit and what is not. The reason the technology is far more advanced is because it is about 20 years into the future compared to Kino, so naturally the technology would be better. As far as the characters, they were either fighting in Kino for a while or right when they finished they time traveled to Ascension. I have just been very hesitant to say that the Americans ransacked Kino.

The boards are legit on Five.

The one that has all the tele porter stuff written down, is right in front of the main lab tele porter

And if they didn't, how did so many 935 artifacts, identical to those at Kino, fall into their hands?

Guest aegisknight

well I thought the nova crawlers was the most obvious giveaway, but you don't seem to agree. The clear and obvious re-use of items I was under the impression was meant to lead to that conclusion.

In regards to Ascension, the way you start there is exceptionally clear that no teleportation was involved. In no other map is there as much effort put into the opening (unless you count No Man's Land the "opening" to Moon), and I believe the use of the Lander, rather than a zap in, was to show specifically that there was no "warp".

Teleport out of kino to somewhere else, then travel from there to Ascension using more "conventional" means. And this trip took time.

The fact that other scientists know about Richtofen's leaps in time is another indication that at least he was doing something else during this time, doing science and working with other remnants of 935. What the other 3 were up to, I have no idea.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

well I thought the nova crawlers was the most obvious giveaway, but you don't seem to agree. The clear and obvious re-use of items I was under the impression was meant to lead to that conclusion

I'm with aegis here on this one.

I've been pushing for Five having Kino artifacts for a while.

If you need me to point out where any of the things are, I will gladly point them out.

Anything related to their research that wasn't part of the facilities structure itself, they took.

And @Aegis, well the can't travel to Ascension via conventional means. I know of no conventional means in which you travel backwards in time from 1965 to 1963.

Guest aegisknight

the teleported out of Kino, and that may have involved travel through time, but they did not arrive at Ascension by teleporter. There is plenty of room for another stop along the path (see my edit above)

There just things I think they could have gotten from other locations. Like the Thundergun, theories say that the Americans and Russians were working together, so that is where that could come from. The huge NOVA 6 canister could have came from the NOVA 6 ship that Britain invaded in October of 1945, and they were allies. Especially since, from my knowledge, there is no huge NOVA 6 container on Kino. The boards aren't Kino specific either, they are in Der Riese as well, so those could have come from there. I will give you the crawlers for now also, that is a good point.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

There just things I think they could have gotten from other locations. Like the Thundergun, theories say that the Americans and Russians were working together, so that is where that could come from. The huge NOVA 6 canister could have came from the NOVA 6 ship that Britain invaded in October of 1945, and they were allies. Especially since, from my knowledge, there is no huge NOVA 6 container on Kino. The boards aren't Kino specific either, they are in Der Riese as well, so those could have come from there. I will give you the crawlers for now also, that is a good point.

Well what about the green canisters from the stage?

And the 1975 note?

And the x rays of the brain, and human/zombie anatomy sketches?

Those are mainly unique to Kino.

They couldn't have gotten them from Der Riese because the Russians won that stand off. Or we wouldn't require an asset in Vozrozhedinya to send us back untranslated radios transcripts from Der Riese. ;)

Guest aegisknight

just having NOVA 6 does not make a gas crawler or they would have been all over the campaign, it is something wholly different.

I don't buy Americans and Russians working together on the thundergun.