Pack a Punch weird things when starting game?

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Recently, trying to get some good No Man's Land runs, I have noticed some very odd things with the Pack a Punch machine at the start.

After restarting dozens of time for Jug to spawn, you begin to take note of the scripted sounds.

One that I noticed, through my X12 turtle beaches, that at the start you can hear a faint sound which sounds pretty darn close to "Where...are.. you.." in a slow automated voice.

The other thing, is the pack a punch machine. Could it be capable of teleportation.

Let's remember, when we spawn here, we are not on a tele pad, we are standing on an intriguing ovular grate which the Pack a Punch machine is on.

And in the first seconds if you look it rocks back and forth slightly once or twice.

There's another mystery within here, why is the Pack a Punch in a cage with signs saying OBEY all over it?

Lot's of mystery at Area 51 here.

Guest TheOnlyShapeshifter

Recently, trying to get some good No Man's Land runs, I have noticed some very odd things with the Pack a Punch machine at the start.

After restarting dozens of time for Jug to spawn, you begin to take note of the scripted sounds.

One that I noticed, through my X12 turtle beaches, that at the start you can hear a faint sound which sounds pretty darn close to "Where...are.. you.." in a slow automated voice.

The other thing, is the pack a punch machine. Could it be capable of teleportation.

Let's remember, when we spawn here, we are not on a tele pad, we are standing on an intriguing ovular grate which the Pack a Punch machine is on.

And in the first seconds if you look it rocks back and forth slightly once or twice.

There's another mystery within here, why is the Pack a Punch in a cage with signs saying OBEY all over it?

Wow.

I thought I was the only one who noticed the "Where are you" thing. :shock:

PaP has always been a mystery to me, like why would it even BE in a theater, or Area 51?

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Wow.

PaP has always been a mystery to me, like why would it even BE in a theater, or Area 51?

I think that a even weirder thing about Kino, is that the Pack a Punch seems to be being PROJECTED.

If you look, besides the projector facing the board, there's another one pointing at the pack a punch. Makes you wonder what the real meaning of that 'Aether Projectionist' is...

Guest TheOnlyShapeshifter

Wow.

I think that a even weirder thing about Kino, is that the Pack a Punch seems to be being PROJECTED.

If you look, besides the projector facing the board, there's another one pointing at the pack a punch. Makes you wonder what the real meaning of that 'Aether Projectionist' is...

Wow, that's actually VERY clever.

Never thought of it that way, but I always thought the other was just a light for dramatic effect.

BUT

You know Treyarch, EVERYTHING has a double meaning to it! :lol: :D

Guest wunderpancake

I have been hearing that voice as well. And shape shifter, it could be at Area 51, because the Americans brought Nazi Scientists to America after WW2. Area 51 perhaps? But we know the Nazi didnt make the Pack-a-Punch, it was the devil who created it. Could we probabaly have a mistaken idententy in here? The devil taking the form of a Nazi in order to get to Richtofen or Maxis? If so, who?

Guest Zombieofthedead

When you're in the Pack a Punch room, you can look out and see it being filmed on the screen. Ever think that it could be to demonstrate the teleporter or to show research in a video? It has nothing to do with aether, except how you're teleported there.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

When you're in the Pack a Punch room, you can look out and see it being filmed on the screen. Ever think that it could be to demonstrate the teleporter or to show research in a video? It has nothing to do with aether, except how you're teleported there.

Ah yes that's right, It's been so long since I've played it.

But still, the Pack a Punch is a HUGE mystery. Like why is it in Shangri La?

Guest Zombieofthedead

Ah yes that's right, It's been so long since I've played it.

But still, the Pack a Punch is a HUGE mystery. Like why is it in Shangri La?

Well, 935 DID visit there, or at least Richtofen's side group

Guest MurderMachineX

I don't think the fact that there is no teleporter pad should be concerning at all. It's never been the defining factor of any map with time travel except Der Riese and Kino.

Guest Rissole25

I don't think the fact that there is no teleporter pad should be concerning at all. It's never been the defining factor of any map with time travel except Der Riese and Kino.

On Shangri-La, you can hear the teleport sound while the screen is still black, but only on Split-Screen. I think that's the only other map concerning teleporters at the start.

Amazing cj! evt_vril_remove...but what could it mean?

Guest imported_Phantom

Ok I'm pretty bad at the whole story thing, I'm completely on the strategy side of this, but I just wanted to say one thing. I watched a video from NGT and they showed that while you're in "Area 51" you're not on Earth, you can actually see Earth from it. Sorry if this is completely unrelated, or like...a known fact by everyone or something...like I said I'm not very good at the story part :oops:

Guest MurderMachineX

Yeah, Phxntxm, that's wrong. But good job at trying :) (not being sarcastic). See the general consesus on this forum I believe, and it is something I fully support, is that the fact that you can see Earth from No Man's Land is merely a graphical quirk, a "glitch" so to speak. Both the Moon base and Area 51 use the same background. Just when you're in No Man's Land at the beginning of the game, there is a light source added. When that light source is taken away, you see the stars. The developers did a good job of hiding it behind the hangar, however it is still possible to see it. And there is also ample support that No Man's Land is indeed in Groom Lake, Area 51, Nevada, United States, planet Earth, such as quotes.

Tank: "Home sweet home."

Guest ChopperNator

Yeah, Phxntxm, that's wrong. But good job at trying :) (not being sarcastic). See the general consesus on this forum I believe, and it is something I fully support, is that the fact that you can see Earth from No Man's Land is merely a graphical quirk, a "glitch" so to speak. Both the Moon base and Area 51 use the same background. Just when you're in No Man's Land at the beginning of the game, there is a light source added. When that light source is taken away, you see the stars. The developers did a good job of hiding it behind the hangar, however it is still possible to see it. And there is also ample support that No Man's Land is indeed in Groom Lake, Area 51, Nevada, United States, planet Earth, such as quotes.

Tank: "Home sweet home."

Hey Murder do you mind providing any other quote or information to support this?

I'm not questioning the theory in anyway!

Like Phxntxm I'm not into the story but with the help of a couple from here I'm getting bits and pieces.

For someone who knows nothing I would take that quote to mean he is just in the US, not necessarily a specific place :)

Guest MurderMachineX

Sure.

Tank also says "Nevada. Where the men are men and the sheep are nervous."

Richtofen also says "I think I can see Dempsey's house from here. It's on fire!"

EDIT: Fixed typo

Guest ChopperNator

Thanks Murder, I don't believe I never thought of those, I have heard them both sooooooo many times!

Now as an Englishmen I've always guessed that there is a local reference in that first quote about sheep, similar to what the English would say to the Welsh and the Aussies would say to the Kiwis. Am I right?

I'm assuming that Tanks actual home in Groom Lake is referenced somewhere else.

Guest MurderMachineX

Well I personally don't understand the sheep thing. I don't know, maybe they were testing on sheep.

But Dempsey's home isn't actually in Area 51. He's just saying that he is back in the United States. Even if he did have a home, it'd be gone by now, because remember that they've time traveled far into the future (remember Kino der Toten?)

Guest thesavage5118

Well I personally don't understand the sheep thing. I don't know, maybe they were testing on sheep.

But Dempsey's home isn't actually in Area 51. He's just saying that he is back in the United States. Even if he did have a home, it'd be gone by now, because remember that they've time traveled far into the future (remember Kino der Toten?)

Its an insult to the lack of female companionship in some areas of the west, you should be able to figure it out. ;)

Guest Kasimir Device

I have heard a different sound in No Mans Land in area 51 doing the exact same thing but it sounds like something getting played in reverse maybes. I don't know if anyone else has heard the same sound?