THe kino teleporter connection and time travel

I imagine this is really old news, but the Kino teleporter connects to Verruckt before the outbreak there. I believe it also connects to the Pentagon, but I don't know for certain the date, as well as Sam's bedroom in Kino at two different times.

So there is something messy with this teleporter, its connecting to 5 places, but the time setting is glitched or something? What does this mean in terms of COTD and Moon? Could it be that Moon is a different time than No Man's Land?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MurderMachineX

I think it is a hiccup on the teleporter system.

When Dr. Richtofen and Dr. Schuster create the first human testing of a teleporter, Richtofen was momentarily sent to a random location, the Moon, before he was sent to his (accidental) location, Shangri-La (presumably).

So that's evidence that Kino's teleporter isn't the only one that does it.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

I think it is a hiccup on the teleporter system.

When Dr. Richtofen and Dr. Schuster create the first human testing of a teleporter, Richtofen was momentarily sent to a random location, the Moon, before he was sent to his (accidental) location, Shangri-La (presumably).

So that's evidence that Kino's teleporter isn't the only one that does it.

Well when Richtofen was sent to Shangri La, that was because he touched something with the MPD and it did that, it wasn't his tele porters doing.

Just saying because it wouldn't make sense, because how could they build bases if they teleported after a few minutes.

Guest aegisknight

I don't think those locations are random at all. He was sent to the Moon so he could come into contact with the MPD, which is the scheme of "the illuminati" or the vrill or whoever was pulling his strings. He was sent to Shangri-La after that so he knew where to find the focusing stone.

I've been paying more attention to these rooms lately as I've played Kino as well. One very strange thing I've noticed with Verruckt via Kino: it either is not in the past, or at least it takes place AFTER Dempsey's capture. If you look through the windows, the juggernaut room is left in the same state as it was in Verruckt, but with the window covered. The collapsed bookshelf remains as it was.

[youtube:3mrzlufg]hBRIGgl6-48[/youtube:3mrzlufg]

The juggernog machine seems to have been replaced with a water cooler, but I have no idea what era. It has a paper cone cup dispenser that cannot be seen from the room where you spawn.

The "large" main room has a tented doctor's chair as well, with a lamp over it. There is a severed head on the floor. The opening to the stairs is walled off; from the juggernog room there is a heavy door that seems to signify quarantine. There are fresh surgical instruments and towels in the two renovated rooms, a severed head on the floor of the inaccessible room.

Perhaps most strangely, the tiles have all been replaced, but the blood stains remain exactly the same.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

That's not verruckt. There is to much different for it to be so.

The chair is different, there are doors that normal wouldn't be there, there's towels, second chair in the next room, etc.

I think it's Kino' attempt to recreate the Verruckt test room.

Guest aegisknight

So why is the jigger of room exactly the same, down to the exact same scatterd books and delapidated bookshelves and cabinets? The wall switch. Odds are in the exact same spots, the blood spatters are the same.

The doors between the rooms are exact, it is only really outside the normally visible areas that there are differences

Guest BlindBusDrivr

So why is the jigger of room exactly the same, down to the exact same scatterd books and delapidated bookshelves and cabinets? The wall switch. Odds are in the exact same spots, the blood spatters are the same.

The doors between the rooms are exact, it is only really outside the normally visible areas that there are differences

The chair is different.

There's an extra room.

There's a film reel.

fresh towels on the counter.

I don't know but the whole thing just seems to have a lot of little things out of place. They could have just copied the textures.

I mean that whole chair set up is the exact same as Mason is rigged to.

Guest aegisknight

the different chair would support my "renovated" angle, as would the fresh instruments and towels.

There is not an extra room, I dunno where you're getting that. Film reel means nothing

Guest BlindBusDrivr

the different chair would support my "renovated" angle, as would the fresh instruments and towels.

There is not an extra room, I dunno where you're getting that. Film reel means nothing

In the video you posted, the guy flies through the door and there's another chair, and a computer terminal in the back corner.

That certainly isn't a part of Verruckt.

Guest aegisknight

and I brought this up. The passage leading to the stairs has been walled over, but the dimensions of that room are the same as in Verruckt. It being walled over would be consistent with the heavy metal door from the juggernog room in that section of the asylum being under quarantine by the current researchers.

It is not a computer terminal, just an unknown machine. But even if it was that would go farther to support my "renovated" hypothesis much more than anything else.

If it was just an attempt to duplicate the Verruckt experiments, there would be no reason to copy those three areas down to the last detail, from the exact position of every cabinet and electrical box to the broken bookcases, juggernog placement, and exact same books strewn about in the exact same way.

Either way, I see even less of a reason for it to actually be located within Kino itself; another room is certainly from the Pentagon, since it is clearly visible during the campaign.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

and I brought this up. The passage leading to the stairs has been walled over, but the dimensions of that room are the same as in Verruckt. It being walled over would be consistent with the heavy metal door from the juggernog room in that section of the asylum being under quarantine by the current researchers.

It is not a computer terminal, just an unknown machine. But even if it was that would go farther to support my "renovated" hypothesis much more than anything else.

If it was just an attempt to duplicate the Verruckt experiments, there would be no reason to copy those three areas down to the last detail, from the exact position of every cabinet and electrical box to the broken bookcases, juggernog placement, and exact same books strewn about in the exact same way.

Either way, I see even less of a reason for it to actually be located within Kino itself; another room is certainly from the Pentagon, since it is clearly visible during the campaign.

Well this leads to my second idea.

I think that it perhaps might be a remake of Verruckt's experiments by the govt.

I mean look, the chair is the same, the CIA doors are the same, it has the water cooler like in the CIA building during revelations, a 60s / 70s era computer, etc.

And we know they found Verruckt too, it's in the emails. And they were very interested in their research with mind control and the brain.

Guest aegisknight

well I still don't see why it couldn't be just those rooms renovated, but I suppose that theory is somewhat applicable. But it does not explain the juggernog room being in the exact same state, or why they would use an identical floorplan

Guest BlindBusDrivr

well I still don't see why it couldn't be just those rooms renovated, but I suppose that theory is somewhat applicable. But it does not explain the juggernog room being in the exact same state, or why they would use an identical floorplan

Idk they love to copy and paste textures. I mean they didn't expect anyone to see that room. And there's a ton of stuff copied between other maps, and the campaign.

Guest aegisknight

they did expect people to see that room, you can view it if you look through the glass window of the door you spawn into.

I don't have noclip, I noticed these things just from peeking through the windows when I teleport. What they put in but normally you can't see would be the severed head on the floor in the tented chair room, I can't see that except for this no-clip video.

The textures of the floor are different (the tiles have completely changed), but curiously the blood stains are exactly the same in exactly the same places. Only now they are fresh, while before they are aged.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

they did expect people to see that room, you can view it if you look through the glass window of the door you spawn into.

I don't have noclip, I noticed these things just from peeking through the windows when I teleport. What they put in but normally you can't see would be the severed head on the floor in the tented chair room, I can't see that except for this no-clip video.

The textures of the floor are different (the tiles have completely changed), but curiously the blood stains are exactly the same in exactly the same places. Only now they are fresh, while before they are aged.

I just played verruckt, the blood stains aren't the same. They're a dragging stream, not a circular pool. It's just not the same, something is way out of place their, and most of it is that second room with the several head, bloody curtains, and computer.

Guest aegisknight

well I just played verruckt too, lets see what I found.

IMG_0403.jpg

Spawn, its got lots of things going on.

2-6.jpg

From the video, you're right. The blood stains aren't the same. However,

22-1.jpg

IMG_04032.jpg

The blood stains (and the floor in general) are rendered with different tiles, but someone was sure to be very careful in putting the stains in the exact same places. The large splatter/footprint area is slightly different, but the other two spots I circled are exactly the same, despite the fact that they must have been rendered completely anew for the Kino version. You will also notice that the double-windows from Verruckt are the exact same dimension as the blacked out area from Kino.

So I looked around some more.

IMG_0404.jpg

3-4.jpg

The cabinets are newer, but in the same spot and of the same style. Interestingly, the power boxes on the wall are all of a newer design, but are located in the exact same spots. Someone took their time re-rendering and updating this scene. The wire coming out of the power box snakes around a slightly different path, but in both cases it loops around the room before attaching to the chair mechanism.

4-4.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

But is it the same room?

overlay1.jpg

If not, its pretty damn close. But the best comparisons are in the juggernog room. Lets check it out:

IMG_0406.jpg

5-3.jpg

Bookshelves and window in the exact same spots, books strewn about the floor in the same fashion. However, the wall textures and floors are different. Strangest, though:

6-3.jpg

Not the door itself, that lines up pretty closely to the original:

IMG_0408.jpg

If you reconstruct the wall anyway (the file cabinet wall is unrendered, you cannot see it from where you can actually access anyway). The fact that this door even exists, rendered in high detail, means we were meant to be able to see this room. No, what is more important is just to the left. The radiator is missing, and the pipe itself has moved, as if during a renovation process.

Between these two rooms, the only functional changes include a switch in the first room of a locker into a cabinet, the movement of this pipe, and the update of all of the present equipment (from the chair to the doors to the surgical equipment to the power boxes to the tiles on the floor).

What of the other room?

1-6.jpg

Well, not much. There is a blood stain on the floor, but it is not rendered as closely, or with as much detail, as the comparisons from the first room. There is a new wall added, with equipment as well. The only thing I can confirm between the two is that the dimensions of these spaces is the same between the two maps:

IMG_04019.jpg

which isn't especially helpful

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Well I cannot be convinced as long as there's the second room. How do we know they didn't just use the same wall and blood patterns as in Verruct?

Notice the pentagon spacing lights? On Verruckt it was a single lamp or two.

There's just a whole lot just eerily different.

Guest aegisknight

I don't question that, but there is WAAAAY too much stuff that is exactly the same.

The different lamps fits comfortably within my renovations explanation.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

I don't question that, but there is WAAAAY too much stuff that is exactly the same.

The different lamps fits comfortably within my renovations explanation.

Yes, but why would they renovate backwards? Who changes things to make them less high tech? How do you renovate with technology and things that don't exist yet?

I'm calling it, it's at the CIA/Pentagon building and they are recreating Verruckt for mind control experiments.

They have the CIA lights, the CIA computers, Mason's chair, the CIA giant file cabinet, etc.

Despite the similarities, one big difference could change the whole thing. They clearly just copied the floor and wall design from verruckt, that's why it's the same but all the details are different.

Guest aegisknight

I don't doubt the CIA is behind it, but I question whether it is in Germany or Washington. I don't see why they would have copied the floorplan exactly, especially the bookshelf room.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

I don't doubt the CIA is behind it, but I question whether it is in Germany or Washington. I don't see why they would have copied the floorplan exactly, especially the bookshelf room.

Perhaps they recreated verruckt right on the site of it :twisted:

Guest aegisknight

well thats what I was getting at; they found the place, and are (or finished) renovating and updating to recreate the experiments. Could be the Russians too

Guest BlindBusDrivr

well thats what I was getting at; they found the place, and are (or finished) renovating and updating to recreate the experiments. Could be the Russians too

ahh ok so that's what you're getting at. Yeah I find that very likely.

I wonder who they were testing on...

Could be a branch of MKULTRA in Germany.

I think the CotD cutscene with Romero's monologue might relate, I saw those lights and stuff in stills I took.