Richtofen wearing Ascension/Moon attire in Kino iOS

That's right. Richtofen is actually wearing his spacesuit thingy-mi-jig in iOS Kino.

[center:ekaamycj]IMG_0654.jpgIMG_0653.jpgIMG_0659.jpgIMG_0658.jpgIMG_0657.jpgIMG_0656.jpg[/center:ekaamycj]

It could possibly be to save space so the developers don't have to add his normal attire, but this means he'll be wearing it when Shangri-La comes out. Tank, Nikolai and Takeo's outfit are the same, although they look more like how they do in Ascension, because of all the blood and stuff.

What do you all think of this? Something that should be considered in relation to the story or not?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest anguscr

Ehhhhh I don't think so.....

I think like you said it's just to save space for later, or maybe the graphics are just really shitty (Right?)

On the other hand, where's his cap?

Guest Rissole25

Well he doesn't actually have it when he has this on. He only has it when he's in his uniform. Takeo's still got his hat however.

I'm hoping it isn't for the saving space reason. I'd like to think it could contribute something to the storyline, but it's really the only possibility I can think of.

Guest Zombieofthedead

I doubt it was for that reason. Otherwise Takeo wouldn't have his hat haha.

Was the red square always there?

They could just take off the hat...

You see, Takeo's ascension skin and moon skin are the exact same, just moon doesn't have the hat. I'm fairly certain that hats are not apart of character model.

Guest Rissole25

I meant Takeo looks cooler with his hat off. So if the cool reason was why Richtofen has the suit on, than Takeo should have it off for that same reason. :lol:

You could be right about the hat thing. But I don't think that is the case in the iOS games. We probably won't even get Moon, so they more than likely just made the standard model with Takeo's hat. Richtofen on the other hand, which I doubt they made two models for him, will use it for Ascension and Shangri-La.

Guest Zombieofthedead

I meant Takeo looks cooler with his hat off. So if the cool reason was why Richtofen has the suit on, than Takeo should have it off for that same reason. :lol:

You could be right about the hat thing. But I don't think that is the case in the iOS games. We probably won't even get Moon, so they more than likely just made the standard model with Takeo's hat. Richtofen on the other hand, which I doubt they made two models for him, will use it for Ascension and Shangri-La.

Fair enough... It would be kinda hard to do moon on the iOS.

This is OT, but wat? Tak looks cooler with his hat on IMO.

Guest Rissole25

I just like it when someone's appearance changes. I'll probably like him better with the hat on sometime soon. I'd like to see Nikolai without that hood thing he wears. But I guess it's getting off-topic haha.

On-topic: Someone find out about that red square. :D

Guest football5699

*rubs eyes is distraught-ness(?)* Why did they have to do that? WHYYYY....

Sorry bout that. Now we have another thing from the iPod versions to think about. I HOPE it is something to do with the story, mainly because it gives me something to think about now but I have a feeling it isn't. We just have to wait and see.

Guest ERich935

OK here's the reason why they used his Ascension/Moon model. When you look at the flag Nazi flag in Kino you see it has the Eagle and not the Swastika. The zombie's red patch has the Eagle too. How does this have ANYTHING to do with Richtofen in his space suit? Well you see, Treyarch didn't really want to "Reuse" the old model from CoDZ WaW for iOS. They changed it because it was the closest thing to Richtofen not looking like a stupid Nazi (sorry Richtofen fans, I hate him now) with his Swastika. Any other reasons why they didn't re use the old uniform I have no idea. So yeah theres your reason.

Guest football5699

OH YEAHHHH...thats right because of there being no M rating. When there is the M Rating there is Suggestive Themes on the description which is where the Nazi symbolism falls under i believe. With iOS there is no rating (or at least no M Rating) so they have to get rid of all of that. That is what happened with one of the WaW multi maps I believe in one of the trailers (the one with the pillars in the middle.) You saw the Iron Cross in the Trailer because of the rating problem but ingame it is the swastika

Guest Rissole25

Wow. I did not even think of that, but that is actually a very good reason. Probably the most realistic reason actually.

FML I thought it could've been something :/

Guest K1llsteelr

Could be a high altitude flight suit

Theres a lot of recon plane refs and you have the planes on the project nova WW intel

Looking into the manned v2 and warhead project could reveal some answers

These are worth watching the links are only to the first parts

[youtube:2z7dchgx]N05NXotFvFs[/youtube:2z7dchgx]

[youtube:2z7dchgx]NvExCo43aq0[/youtube:2z7dchgx]

The recon planes on the intel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DFS_346

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DFS_228

In order to allow the pilot some safety, the front section was held onto the rear by explosive bolts. Should an emergency arise, the nose section was a safety capsule whereon the pilot was then ejected at a safe altitude to parachute down to safety.

The escape capsule system was tested after the war by the us and soviet union

Guest Black Wolf

"I have a better one at home."

— After equipping the P.E.S.

"This will do, but not as fashionable as I like."

— After equipping the P.E.S.

These are referring to the actual P.E.S. device which everyone has to wear in the areas of Griffin Station without life support. However, on Earth, before teleporting, and anytime Richtofen removes his P.E.S. (such as picking up the hacker) he is in the Ascension space suit.

The removal of Nazi symbols could very well explain the change in attire, but why not just blot out the swastika on his armband? That aside, considering all the evidence that came out in Moon and such, I believe Richtofen's military role has pretty much been retconned.

Guest aegisknight

I agree. The explanation I can get from it is after his contact with the MPD on Moon, he became more violent and aggressive. The adoption of the Nazi gear may have been how he gained access to test subjects (by posing as an SS officer), and his cruelty fueled by the "voices"

Guest Eddiethehead

Well, we all know how shoddily-made these iOS games are. Theyre probably just doing it like that so, like a lot of others said, so thy won't have to remake it.

Guest anguscr

When Ascension comes out (Hopefully Thursday), we'll know. If all the characters are the same as they are now, it's to save space. BUT, if they are different, there may be some story here.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Could be a high altitude flight suit

Theres a lot of recon plane refs and you have the planes on the project nova WW intel

Looking into the manned v2 and warhead project could reveal some answers

These are worth watching the links are only to the first parts

[youtube:2wths3f8]N05NXotFvFs[/youtube:2wths3f8]

[youtube:2wths3f8]NvExCo43aq0[/youtube:2wths3f8]

The recon planes on the intel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DFS_346

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DFS_228

In order to allow the pilot some safety, the front section was held onto the rear by explosive bolts. Should an emergency arise, the nose section was a safety capsule whereon the pilot was then ejected at a safe altitude to parachute down to safety.

The escape capsule system was tested after the war by the us and soviet union

Right on K1llsteelr!

I had the same idea before, it's appears to be a high flight suit, such as a blackbird or fighter pilot would wear.

Reminds me of Yuri Gagarin's suit:

Yuri-Gagarin-11-space-suit.jpg

• 6 months later...