Teddy is a Liar...

Guest Tankeo Dempsaki

Guest Tankeo Dempsaki

In this video, near the halfway point, Sam says something about killing zombies giving Teddy power. Along with other points about Teddy spliced in there.

Wait. WUT?

Does this mean Teddy is something different than we thought altogether?

Is Teddy the demonic force behind the M.P.D. And all that noise?

Why does killing give Teddy power? Do the zombie's souls empower him?

SATANIC CONNECTION TIME!

"Teddy is a liar"

We've all heard or seen this, from various sources. (Verruckt, Sam, even Richtoffen)

Satan is supposed to be the great liar or great deciever. The greatest liar of all time. Called the "Prince of lies", he is supposed to be responsible for all the evil in the world, and lying to the people of the world to convince them that God doesn't exist.

(I've never read the bible, so if this is wrong I apologize, I'm atheist)

Teddy is a liar,

Satan is a liar,

Connection?

Guest ProRussian2.0

Interesting, i have never thought of that... Here's something u shud think about. Sam takes teddy wit her right? Into the teleporter? What if teddy is s way sam can chanell her powers to the real world, but teddy uses the power himself for evil deeds... Besides in kino u can see a gigantic red teddy bear with glowing red eyes. So i suppose ur right

Guest piepwns

Hey, good to see a new member. Obviously you didn't know this, but at CoDz, we tend not to post our replies as if we are texting. Try and use proper spelling, don't mean to be a prick, but we all type like this. Welcome to the site, hope you have a good time ;)

Guest piepwns

I was referring to the member who just joined today, for whom this was his first post. Not Tankeo, who is fairly new, but has been very active in the forums and uses good grammar.

Guest Tankeo Dempsaki

People (blindbusdrivr comes to mind) say that the devil is the voices and the being ruling Aether/the zombies, but based on the quotes, it seems Treyarch means for Teddy to be the TRUE true antagonist.

Guest Black Wolf

One theory is that Teddy is simply a nickname for Edward, and this is reinforced by Edward's username being Teddy during the moon easter egg. "Login: Teddy. Password: Is a liar. I'm not, but that's why no one would guess it ahaha." Thus, giving Teddy more power could be a reference to Richtofen's ultimate control of the zombies, providing a possible explanation as to why the zombies become stronger (aside from the obvious gameplay mechanics) as well as his insistence that they finish the game before he proceeds with his ultimate plan.

Of course, that doesn't discount your theory. Richtofen may believe that he is Teddy because his mind is so far gone, and Sam may know the truth-- "something far more terrible than you lies here."

Guest BlindBusDrivr

It's because the devil was taking a deceiving form of an innocent teddy bear. :twisted:

Look where it comes up, he drives Maxis insane, gives you nothing from the random box, etc. he is the deceiver.

So it would be true then! If the devil is the teddy bear, then he WAS imprisoned in the MPD.

Guest Der atzi

Every murderer has a weapon, even if it's just his hands, and in this case every controller has a link, the teddy bear is sam's link to vrill.

Richtofen must have known he himself couldn't enter the mpd and maintain controle, he would end up like maxis, or gersh. Adults are less...flexible....then children so to speak... He either learned this from studying tank Nikolai and takeo, tested the mpd on the Mexican subject and that's why he REALY died..., or he was told by the voices. However he had one advantage: Maxis had a daughter. He tested Samantha then wiped her memory clean of the test with 115,however she could never pass one particular test: her will to live. This may be why richtofen tried to kill maxis the way he did, to test the child's will to live. Once he found out the child survived she was already one step ahead of him, and in the mpd. Richtofen for a moment was worried, that she couldn't controle the zombies, but then he saw she had the bear he gave her, the bear he had used to tie Samantha and his test on her, to vrill. It made her all powerful when she stepped into Arethur, unlike gersh.

It wasn't until later that richtofen figured out that samantha wasn't just using the bear to become queen of Arethur, but the voices were being Chanelled through the bear into her, it didnt mater to him though, and continued obtaining the golden rod and the focusing stone. Once he took controle of the mpd the voices became twice as consentrated, but richtofen knew how to work the mpd better than Sam, and used his extra power to shut the voices up...unfortunately the earth was blown up while quieting the voices....

Guest Monopoly Mac

It's because the devil was taking a deceiving form of an innocent teddy bear. :twisted:

Look where it comes up, he drives Maxis insane, gives you nothing from the random box, etc. he is the deceiver.

So it would be true then! If the devil is the teddy bear, then he WAS imprisoned in the MPD.

Also according to Takeo in Shi No Numa the teddy has a heart of a dragon. Satan is sometimes depicted as a serpent or dragon. I knew there was something wrong with the teddy bear just never looked into it... Anyone remember the demented giant teddy in Kino Der Toten? :twisted:

Guest Tankeo Dempsaki

I remember that teddy, and I thought of including it, but decided against it. It has glowing eyes like the hellhounds, (suggesting 115 is involved), is holding a bowie knife and is impaled into the wall. Could the impalement be a clue to something?

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Every murderer has a weapon, even if it's just his hands, and in this case every controller has a link, the teddy bear is sam's link to vrill.

Richtofen must have known he himself couldn't enter the mpd and maintain controle, he would end up like maxis, or gersh. Adults are less...flexible....then children so to speak... He either learned this from studying tank Nikolai and takeo, tested the mpd on the Mexican subject and that's why he REALY died..., or he was told by the voices. However he had one advantage: Maxis had a daughter. He tested Samantha then wiped her memory clean of the test with 115,however she could never pass one particular test: her will to live. This may be why richtofen tried to kill maxis the way he did, to test the child's will to live. Once he found out the child survived she was already one step ahead of him, and in the mpd. Richtofen for a moment was worried, that she couldn't controle the zombies, but then he saw she had the bear he gave her, the bear he had used to tie Samantha and his test on her, to vrill. It made her all powerful when she stepped into Arethur, unlike gersh.

It wasn't until later that richtofen figured out that samantha wasn't just using the bear to become queen of Arethur, but the voices were being Chanelled through the bear into her, it didnt mater to him though, and continued obtaining the golden rod and the focusing stone. Once he took controle of the mpd the voices became twice as consentrated, but richtofen knew how to work the mpd better than Sam, and used his extra power to shut the voices up...unfortunately the earth was blown up while quieting the voices....

You've got a bit of a misunderstanding about the MPD.

The MPD described by Richtofen himself, is a STABLE gateway to Aether.

Now there's a difference between being put into a special device allowing to access a dimension, then the way Gersch and Maxis entered. Maxis was shot and killed and his soul sucked in, Gersch was sucked in by a black hole.

Sam got in the MPD by accident running away from Schuster and Groph.

and the Mexican subject died in a mind control experiment because Richtofen says he knows the trust barrier cannot be found in the spleen.

Guest Der atzi

Eh... Ok no proof truely behind my theory, just some things my head put togeather, I still think the bear is a conduent for the controle over the zombies, however....