A new mystery crate...

I love the original idea of a crate that allows you to get any weapon for [950] points, and I want that to continue (Obviously it will as it is such a huge thing in zombies). An idea that me and a few of my friends created was a SECOND mystery crate. This crate would not be able to move, the light above it would be purple and it would cost [5950] points. Inside the crate would be every single weapon in that map, but Pack-a-Punched. Now, this may not seem like the best idea, but there's a catch. The chances of you getting a GOOD gun would be very slim (like the original crate), so you can never garauntee a ray gun or anything. This would be good for people on high rounds who have a lot of money to use, and have out of ammo guns. The points work out so you get the price of a PaPed gun and a random one, and the light would be purple because that's the colour of 115 (sorta).

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Superhands

I don't see the point in this idea. Why pay 5950 points when I might get a piece of crap, when I could just pay 950 points then spend the extra 5000 if I get something good? It makes so sense :lol:

Not to mention that this would be against good strategical play, in most cases you'd use the weapon in it's non-upgraded form until the ammo runs out, then upgrade it.

Not trying to flame or anything, just my 2 cents... thanks for posting ;)

Guest way2g00

I don't see the point in this idea. Why pay 5950 points when I might get a piece of crap, when I could just pay 950 points then spend the extra 5000 if I get something good? It makes so sense :lol:

Not to mention that this would be against good strategical play, in most cases you'd use the weapon in it's non-upgraded form until the ammo runs out, then upgrade it.

This crate would not be able to move

Even though I agree with what you said Super, he pointed out the it won't move. So the only time it would be useful is when you need a certain weapon out of the box and the Mystery box (original) is hard to access because of a tricky location. Ex: Power switch room in ascension.

I still won't vote for this idea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's why we have forums, to give ideas that are both good and bad. Thanks for the advise.

Guest way2g00

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's why we have forums, to give ideas that are both good and bad. Thanks for the advise.

--

Melon,

I hope you were not upset by Super's comments above. He is just upfront and direct but he did not mean to insult you in any way. Some of the words that he used may feel like it but he normally is very good at responses. He was just criticizing your idea and did not mean any disrespect I am sure. Don't worry and yea Welcome to the site :) and have some [brains]

Guest Superhands

Yeah as I said not trying to flame at all and it's great that you post your ideas, just saw no positive in this secondary random box.

I guess what way said about having it in a safe position may be a good idea though, just still don't like the idea of getting the upgraded version straight away if you're recycling a wonder-weapon in the middle of a high round. It could still be nice to have a fall-back for safety though.

I don't see the point in this idea.

I'd like to apologise for this; didn't feel like it as I wrote it, but reading it back that looks pretty harsh. I'm normally one for reading back my comments to make sure they'll come across respectfully, so this kind of post is out-of-character for me.

Guest anguscr

Well, let's see....

If you have the 5950 to spend, you could go to this or the mystery box. If you get, say, a CZ75 from the normal box, no problem; spin again until you get something you want. On the other hand, if you get an upgraded CZ from the PaP box, you'd be out of points and stuck with a mediocre weapon. So basically; would you rather have a Normal Ray Gun or a PaPed CZ? It's one thing if you get a CZ and DECIDE to PaP it, but having it forced on you seems..... well, like it would piss people off. Do you catch my drift? :)

Well, it would be quite a nuisance for you to get a CZ75 of course, but that's the glory of the method. It's for people who have lots of miney to spend on nothing. Plus, if you don't want to risk it, the previous box is still there to be used.

As you might have noticed, whenever the most hardcore gameplay experts/tacticians/strategiests answer, the thread might me better located in the strategy/gameplay section. However ideas for game improvement do not specificly belong to gameplay, although this one is gameplay related. [sry I'm just working hard on getting people aware of the new section]

==

I like the basis of the idea. However, it makes so much no sense to hit that purple box. Just hit the normal box, and pap, and you have the same result. Rather interesting for me would be something, that might give you a chance of getting something that you cannot get from the normal box, whatever that might be. With some tweaking, a very good idea!

Guest MurderMachineX

I do like your idea of a second Mystery Box. But I think having a Pack-A-Punched Mystery Box is going about it the wrong way. I think a better idea would be to have two Mystery Boxes where one gives Black Ops weapons and one gives World at War weapons. Another idea that could stack on top of that is that all Wonder Weapons could be in a map, with a limit on how many, and depending on where the Boxes are located is which WW's they give out; also, a Ray Gun, Wunderwaffe DG-2, Monkey Bomb, and perhaps other WW's designed during WWII but only seen later would be only available in the WWII Box. Just the Pack-A-Punched thing seems to be a bit of a bad deal to be honest.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

I think there should be a machine that works like a QED and can give you ANYTHING, a drop, a gun, a pap weapon, a perk, more zombies, etc.

And it would be like a one pull per round thing.

The mystery box idea is good too, but on higher rounds it would become absolute because most pap weapons are just extra money for ammo when you could just have a point gun off the wall with your Wonder Weapon.