Perk Machine's True Purpose (A Shot)

Hello everyone!

So I was trying to answer the question:

Who created the Perk Machines?

No one knows apparently unless your hiding out there.

So here goes.

Everyone knows that the perk machines enhance your abilities, even though some may not pertain to real life. They come in a liquid form. Perhaps they could have been administered to the German Army (Shutzstaffel and Wehrmacht, Luftwaffe, etc.) through a single injection. Because we all know that there really is no point in drinking the whole bottle. One sip and your enhanced right? So to save material, money, and make the most out of it, the German army would have used it in a vaccinated form, an injection through skin or something. Now if it stayed like this and wasnt flushed out, like if you drink it, when the soldiers die, the material still remains within the flesh. That makes super zombies perhaps. Now they come in those machines. I see no direct reason for this unless it was to be for public use, although last time they tried that (Bioshock) everything went to hell. Either the machines were for public (unlikely) or they were storage units or something, perhaps even someone else came and just created it for the hell's sake.

This was just some idea I had, I have nothing else to back it up with so whaddaya think.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest darkjolteon

Hello everyone!

So I was trying to answer the question:

Who created the Perk Machines?

No one knows apparently unless your hiding out there.

So here goes.

Everyone knows that the perk machines enhance your abilities, even though some may not pertain to real life. They come in a liquid form. Perhaps they could have been administered to the German Army (Shutzstaffel and Wehrmacht, Luftwaffe, etc.) through a single injection. Because we all know that there really is no point in drinking the whole bottle. One sip and your enhanced right? So to save material, money, and make the most out of it, the German army would have used it in a vaccinated form, an injection through skin or something. Now if it stayed like this and wasnt flushed out, like if you drink it, when the soldiers die, the material still remains within the flesh. That makes super zombies perhaps. Now they come in those machines. I see no direct reason for this unless it was to be for public use, although last time they tried that (Bioshock) everything went to hell. Either the machines were for public (unlikely) or they were storage units or something, perhaps even someone else came and just created it for the hell's sake.

This was just some idea I had, I have nothing else to back it up with so whaddaya think.

Hmmm... The bit that interests me is perhaps the perk machines made super zombies... Although I'm thing just zombies... In Nacht Der Untoten, the zombies seemingly come from nowhere right? As far as I know, neither Maxis nor Richtofen were involved in the outbreak... Perhaps the zombies, back when they were human, were "injected" as you put it, with the perks, and hence this created the zombies after they had died... This COULD then be where Richtofen and Maxis discovered the secret behind the zombies... And, hence where Samantha would have discovered about them... Interesting stuff, good theory Hellhound!

-Jolteon

So your still working away at that list, some nice work there

I always thought it was possable that peter created the perks in verrauckt as they are the first appear there and peter was doing 115 reashearch there (acually I belive that Peter testing the perks on mental inmates is what cause the outbreack)

But I definatly think they where originally intended to be for public use as 935's goals was to improve the human condition and because the have theme tunes and posters, although some theme tunes are directly related to zombies so...

Guest MyLittleHellhound

So your still working away at that list, some nice work there

I always thought it was possable that peter created the perks in verrauckt as they are the first appear there and peter was doing 115 reashearch there (acually I belive that Peter testing the perks on mental inmates is what cause the outbreack)

But I definatly think they where originally intended to be for public use as 935's goals was to improve the human condition and because the have theme tunes and posters, although some theme tunes are directly related to zombies so...

Yeah, unless the machines were for the soldiers own amusement, which is likely when the Germans would distribute either through liquid OR injection syringes. The soldiers would be able to do it themselves but need a regular dose.

Guest TroubledTurkey

Thats a cool theory.

I always just assumed the Perk Machines were just placed there by Sam, as she has control over most other aspects of Zombies. Like the Box, and the streangth/Speed of the Zombies (Many quotes from Richt/Sam reference the control over the Box, and a few quotes from Sam reference the control over Zombie streangth) Just throwing my own theory out there.

Edit: Another thing: The Perk machines were obviousley not always there, as in the "Flashback" room of Verruckt in Kino Der Toten shows a water cooler in place of Juggernog. Not that its really relivent, but it supports my theory.

Guest MyLittleHellhound

Thats a cool theory.

I always just assumed the Perk Machines were just placed there by Sam, as she has control over most other aspects of Zombies. Like the Box, and the streangth/Speed of the Zombies (Many quotes from Richt/Sam reference the control over the Box, and a few quotes from Sam reference the control over Zombie streangth) Just throwing my own theory out there.

Edit: Another thing: The Perk machines were obviousley not always there, as in the "Flashback" room of Verruckt in Kino Der Toten shows a water cooler in place of Juggernog. Not that its really relivent, but it supports my theory.

There is little to no information about the perk machines on Callof duty, maybe it will be revealed next game in radios or something

Guest ImAnEagle

I kinda think the perk machines could be just a figment of the gangs imagination, working as a sugar pill...

Think about it. In the crazy world they live in where they're part of the last dozen people alive, they're mind is no doubt going to play tricks on them. What if these "drinks" are really just hallucinations and the gang's minds are set to believing they just took something that will increase they're performance.

I know it's a VERY long shot, but worth a thought.

Guest strange-bow7

Hey there!

So I just finished reading your topic and and as it goes I have previously posted a topic on the same subject.

If you would like a bit more insight on a possible origin theory for the perk machines then please, check it out: http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=17115

Now, if you read it, you will know that experimental performance enhancing drugs (PEDs) were used by Nazi doctors on concentration camp prisoners/patients as a means to enhance the Nazi army. My belief is that, with the introduction of element 115 into Nazi research, the experimental PEDs evolved into what we now know as the various perks.

Now if it stayed like this and wasnt flushed out, like if you drink it, when the soldiers die, the material still remains within the flesh. That makes super zombies perhaps.

Taking into account what I said, I don't think having perks in a corpse' system would be the cause of 'super zombies' but rather the standard zombies we all know and love.

Think about it.

We already know, from radios in Der Riese (I think?!), that it's element 115 which creates zombies due to the fact it can reanimate dead cells. If the Nazi's were pumping there army full of 115 in the form of perk-a-cola's then when they were all killed they would have, eventually, been bought back to life. This could be the explanation to the original zombie outbreak that we encounter in Nacht and Verruckt.

You may think it's a little far fetched but with all things considered it makes sense.

By the time Maxis had discovered the re-animating properties of element 115 at Der Riese, half of the Nazi Army had already been contaminated with enough 115 to ensure that the Germans would continue there wrath of destruction whether they were alive or dead. The Der Riese outbreak only added to the already growing undead forces.

Either the machines were for public (unlikely) or they were storage units or something, perhaps even someone else came and just created it for the hell's sake.

In all honesty i think the 'bottled-drink' style of perks was nothing more than a gimmick when designing the Verruckt map however, it does actually make sense for them to come in this form. They could have injected it into their troops to save time and money but I don't agree that it's a case of "One sip and your enhanced". It may only take one sip to gain the desired ability but I don't think the effects last forever, if they did then our heroes would only have to drink a perk once and have that power forever when in reality you need to replenish every time you are put down and every time a certain period of time passes i.e starting a new map. Further evidence to back this up is that, although it isn't mentioned in the article i linked, Nazi's used to feed their pilot's with what they called 'Pilot's Chocolate' (or something like that) which was basically a shed load of narcotics thrown into a chocolate bar so they could be more alert when flying and dog-fighting. The Nazi's didn't do this in injection form so it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that would supply their troops with PEDs in the form of bottled drinks.

Guest westy219

hmmmm very nice theory m8. Also links in with moon radio 2, tht the teleporter wasn't the primary objective they wanted to enhance human life??, perhaps the bottled perks where the primary project ,human enhancement, etc every1 iv spoken to seems to think tht the primary objective was to make invincible and hence zombie creation, but perhaps this is more correct, cetainly more realistic (if u forget the zombie outbreak, time travel, chemically engineered drinks and inconceivable waffle weapons)

Guest strange-bow7

hmmmm very nice theory m8. Also links in with moon radio 2, tht the teleporter wasn't the primary objective they wanted to enhance human life??, perhaps the bottled perks where the primary project ,human enhancement, etc every1 iv spoken to seems to think tht the primary objective was to make invincible and hence zombie creation, but perhaps this is more correct, cetainly more realistic (if u forget the zombie outbreak, time travel, chemically engineered drinks and inconceivable waffle weapons)

Ahhh well spotted! I never made the connection before, so, kudos!

It's very interesting because there is a lot of evidence outside of this theory that backs it up, our four heroes for one - They [Apart from Richtofen] were captured by the Germans to be engineered into super-soldiers so, there is definite proof the Nazis were looking for ways to make themselves superior to any other race. Another being, like you said, the wonder-weapons. They were looking to mass-produce the DG-2 so they could use it to win the war as proven by a radio in Der Riese.

Guest westy219

Ahhh well spotted! I never made the connection before, so, kudos!

It's very interesting because there is a lot of evidence outside of this theory that backs it up, our four heroes for one - They [Apart from Richtofen] were captured by the Germans to be engineered into super-soldiers so, there is definite proof the Nazis were looking for ways to make themselves superior to any other race. Another being, like you said, the wonder-weapons. They were looking to mass-produce the DG-2 so they could use it to win the war as proven by a radio in Der Riese.

very true... also der riese radio (either 3 or 4) states that the test subjects where ready to be used on the battlefield... until now i thought it ment the zombies themselves however after reading ur theory it could also mean 1.) the super-soldiers tht may or may not have turnd into zombs, or 2.) the waffle weapons themselves. Also there is a radio in der riese near the acid tanks which allows us to listen to maxis' last speech as it were... during which he says he must do what needs doing and then winces after a metallicy (is that a word) sound which may well have been a syringe hence maxis' reappearance in ascension...