Is it just me?

After being away from zombies for about a month or so, I realized something yesterday.

It seems that the moon(on any maps where the moon is viewable) has grown bigger. Now, I have poor memory, but I sure don't recall the moon on ascension taking up a quarter of my screen...(the size of the moon may be exaggerated by me)

I also played on NDU yesterday, and noticed the moon takes up almost a third of the horizon line. Some of you may remember a post I made about the moon on Der Reise disappearing. I haven't played on COTD in ages, so if another member could check for anything curious involving the moon, that would be great.

Also, has anyone else noticed 3arc has been giving alot of attention to things in the air? Things such as Rockets, landers, Being on the moon, asteroids, Aether, FLYtrap, Missiles, eclipses, water geyser, things like that. It makes me wonder what's going on in their minds...

P.S.

Welcome to the year of Black Ops 2

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zombieofthedead

It does seem weird to me that the moon is so big.... But I don't think it's that relevant. I mean, they weren't planning moon back in NDU or Der Riese. Ascension, by then I think they got an idea.

I think the whole things in the air is just to make things cooler, or for fun. No big deal, really.

Guest aegisknight

I never noticed it on Nacht until recently, but on Ascension I know it has always been that size. If you look at it with a sniper you can actually see Griffin Station in a discolored bit, there was a lot of talk at the time of Moon being a future zombie map.

But most people thought that was dumb

Guest Zombieofthedead

If you look at it with a sniper you can actually see Griffin Station in a discolored bit

Ok, whoa. It's not even that big, there is no way you could see it from earth. Was it not just some red lights? I'm fairly certain it was that, unless I was mistaken.

Guest Zombieofthedead

it was a discolored section (yellowish green, I believe). You can see a cluster of small something, in hindsight it is the Station.

Ok, it MAY well be discolored, but you still wouldn't be able to see it from the earth, even if the moon looks pretty close. It's still very far away, only a very large group of lights would have been able to show it. I have not seen many lights around that area, and even if I did, Griffin station isn't all that big.

Guest aegisknight

Moon from Ascension:

moon-1.jpg

ENHANCE!

moon2.jpg

It is a clear discoloration in a strange shape. My current understanding is that the lower ball is the biodome, the darker one is the spawn room, and the two offshoots are the tunnels.

Guest Zombieofthedead

It is a clear discoloration in a strange shape. My current understanding is that the lower ball is the biodome, the darker one is the spawn room, and the two offshoots are the tunnels.

I see what you're getting at, it does look very similar. Despite this, it's still way too big, it wouldn't even be a dot on the moon. Also, since when has Griffin station been yellow? Interesting, though.

Guest ImAnEagle

I do see how that could be griffin station... The big part of the "paw" being the biodome, the 2nd largest part of it being the start area, and the two smaller dots to it's left and right, tuneel 6 and tunnel 11.

Back on the matter of the moon, they could've thrown a few silent patches in here and there. I know this sounds crazy, but they could have gradually increased the size of the moon through multiple patches.

EDIT:Didn't mean to copy exactly what you just said about the biodome and all :P didn't see that part on my first scroll through

Guest aegisknight

I see what you're getting at, it does look very similar. Despite this, it's still way too big, it wouldn't even be a dot on the moon. Also, since when has Griffin station been yellow? Interesting, though.

While I am inclined to agree, I'm not sure what else to make of it. It could be giant pits for the extraction of 115 (Maxis would have needed quite a bit to fill up those rockets), but the massive size of the moon, the obvious discoloration, and Griffin Station are most likely related.

Because of the massive size of the Excavators present, it leads me to believe there was some sort of giant project going on by the remnants of 935, and the discoloration is evidence of that.