*IMPORTANT* Takeo's Roots And Past Life

Hey guys.

Takeo Masaki

Enter Takeo, for whom life has no meaning if not to perfect your discipline and to reveal true character and honor. Perhaps he ponders this and other philosophical questions as his Katana slices through the flesh and sinew of his enemy.

Our hero was born into wealth; his family dynasty dates back several centuries, and throughout that time they have been highly decorated Samurai and Bushi. Well Takeo is no exception to this celebrated bloodline. Even when the family first saw the young, life-filled 5 year old Takeo playing in the street with his Katana and slicing the tails off terrified kittens, it was obvious he was destined to bring honor to the Masaki name.

Reserved and reflective, the war is a perfect opportunity for Takeo to explore his blood lust and study the nature of those less honorable than himself, so if you fall victim to his swift action and might know that you have helped a man better than you reach enlightenment.

Alright, so you all know Takeo is all about honor and stuff like that. It is important that I should talk about the Japanese concept of Honor, as well as the Bushi and Samurai, and finally, how could Takeo have been captured.

The Concept Of Honor-

The traditional moral character of Japanese society and individuals is based off of four things. On, Gimu, Giri, and Ninj?. All of these elements touch upon Honor, which combines reputation, self-respect, and personal moral/ethical code.

On- Considering translating this, this pretty much means Reciprocity. On requires the individual to acknowledge and repay the debts he owes, including debts of honor.

Gimu- Interpreted as “Piety”. If someone owes a debt, including honor debts, but cannot repay it, Gimu encourages the debtor to show allegiance to the debt holder in lieu of true payment.

Giri- A big one. Means “Duty”. In Japanese culture this has a much higher meaning than the Western meaning. Giri requires the individual to balance and execute his obligations as the highest function in his life if it is to be honorable.

Ninj?- Translated to Compassion. Requires empathy with others. Recognize that all people are one, beneath the surface differences karma imposes.

Looking at these concepts, Takeo is following them rigorously with his subtle proverbs and such. Perhaps he feels that he either owes, or Richtofen owes him something. Most definitely Takeo bears the responsibility to destroy 935, no matter what the cost. This is engraved in his sense of duty. Takeo also feels the pull of the “On”. He needs to repay his debts and bestow honor upon his family’s name. The Japanese proverb, “Nana korobi yaoki”, means falling down 7 times and getting up 8 times. This means that you are challenging someone no matter how many times you fail. Takeo is perhaps using this proverb to challenge Richtofen and 935 even though they’ve sent hordes of zombies, hellhounds, and crazy scientists such as Richtofen after him.

In the Western world people may find the concept of…honor intriguing, but in especially Asia and Japan, honor is one of the biggest things. It is a lot more complicated than some people think.

Bushi- A Bushi is not a specific type of warrior. The word and samurai are synonomous. The term was introduced originally from China. So really, a Bushi is basically a samurai or warrior. Those Bushi who guarded the emperor became known as saburai. Other high ranking officials and hereditary soldiers were also called saburai by the thirteenth century.

Bushido- Bushido was a samurai code assuring total loyalty to the feudal lord. It was a willingness to give their lives for the lord his honor, and their own, a strick regimen of martial training, and a sternly refines etiquette that governed actions and behavior whether it be an official meeting or such. Part of this code was to commit suicide as an alternative, no, it was pretty much mandatory, rather than be captured by the enemy and dishonored by failure. Those who were captured became Ronin, masterless samurai, and were forever shunned by society.

00050585_000.gif

The Masaki Bloodline- So I did some research on the Masaki Bloodline and this is what I found. Masaki Name : variously written, mostly with the characters for ‘correct’ and ‘tree’. It is not very common, and different families bearing this name are descended from the Taira, northern Fujiwara, and Minamoto clans.

There is almost nothing that has Masaki in it. I will ask my Japanese connections tomorrow, but for now, I will keep this post as it is. So looking at this, Takeo must have come from Taira, Northern Fujiwara, or Minamoto clans.

The Clans. Each clan crest is shown below their info.

Taira- A major clan, Taira is a hereditary name bestowed by the emperors of the Heian Period to certain ex-members of the imperial family when they became subjects. They were one of the 4 clans that dominated Japanese politics from 794-1185 along with Fujiwara and the Minamoto.

256px-Ageha-cho_svg.png

Fujiwara- Powerful family of regents in Japan. Fujiwara is in fact an honorific name bestowed by Emperor Tenji. Evolved as a surname for Nakatomi no Katamari(founder) when he was rewarded. This particular clan dominated the politics during the Heian Period. Lost control of politics following rise of the warrior class. Remained close advisors to the Emperor after losing mainstream politics.

220px-Fujiwara_Clans_Crest.gif

Minamoto- Surnames bestowed by Emperors of Japan when members of imperial family were demoted to nobility. An offshoot of the Imperial Dynasty. Dominated Japanese politics during Heian Period with Taira and Fujiwara. Seems to be one of the biggest clans. Founder- Emperor Saga, supposedly had 49 children, resulting in financial burden. He then demoted some to nobles, therefore lessening the cost. Minamoto means origin, to signify the new clan being connected with the imperial family.

WAY more info here- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minamoto_clan200px-Sasa_Rindo_svg-1.png

So this is just narrowing down Takeo’s roots. The next step is to find where he came from, then uncover Germany’s relations with Japan and that specific area, and then finally, do the story.Sorry but I have to take a break, my arms are about to crumple!

More to come in the update so check back!

MyLittleHellhound, Suzy, Taeyeon, Jessica, and IU out!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MegaAfroMan

Great finds! I really wish I could give you brains, but it says I have to spread my points before giving to you. Sorry, I will try remember to come back and do so later though! I really like the amount of effort you are putting into these theories!

Guest Zombieofthedead

I love how everything I study in my Global Studies class seems to have a connection to zombies....

I just learned about Japan, the Samurai, Bushido and everything. That bloodline part is very interesting, and when I can I'll give you brains.

Guest MyLittleHellhound

Thanks both of you for the brains-

Pretty much what I will do is get Takeo's location. See if THAT had anything to do with Germany during the war cause really Japan and Germany fought their own wars. Perhaps Takeo was on abassador duty or something?

Well anyways, I think im close to tracking down his birthplace and homeclan.

Today ima ask my Japanese friend cause he used to live in Japan.

Maybe he knows about the Masaki

Guest MyLittleHellhound

Absolutely brilliant! You're putting so much effort into this Hellhound, you deserve a lot of recognition!

-Jolteon

Thanks, but its not done yet!

I still have to trace where he came from, find if Germany had anything to do with that, and then yep.