CoDz User Manual? Yea or Nay?

Guest killallzombies

i kinda made a short FAQ awhile back

FAQ

I know and trust me I will not try to intrude upon your FAQ in any way, This is not a FAQ it is legitly a Manual. I am already up to about 26 short paragraphs. People will still want FAQ's simply because they are faster. This is not.

In fact I may even link to your post ad a few other FAQ's because I do not intend on answering short questions. Its like reading a fact sheet vs a textbook chapter.

there you go

mine wasn't well thought out,your's will be huge :D

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MegaAfroMan

there you go

as I said before if you didn't see, you will be linked in there though. Mostly to explain how to add things to posts and messages, like videos or pics. Everyone needs a time to shine. There would be no way I could write advice on how to do those things, so you get to tell em in your FAQ!

Guest killallzombies

there you go

as I said before if you didn't see, you will be linked in there though. Mostly to explain how to add things to posts and messages, like videos or pics. Everyone needs a time to shine. There would be no way I could write advice on how to do those things, so you get to tell em in your FAQ!

belive me my 15 minutes of fame has come and went

but thanks for linking me in your post :D

Guest MegaAfroMan

The Guide is in the Final stages of completion! Awaiting word form Covert now to see if I missed anything important. Coming soon, to forums near you!

Guest MyLittleHellhound

The Guide is in the Final stages of completion! Awaiting word form Covert now to see if I missed anything important. Coming soon, to forums near you!

Well, know that your getting brains from me for all your hard work! [brains]

Guest MegaAfroMan

You haven't even read it yet. It's been only about 28 hours since I came up with the idea, for all you know it could be three lines of text, a big picture, and some flashy animation.

It's not though... ;)

Guest MyLittleHellhound

You haven't even read it yet. It's been only about 28 hours since I came up with the idea, for all you know it could be three lines of text, a big picture, and some flashy animation.

It's not though... ;)

Knowing your standard posts its definitely not..LOL :lol:

Guest MegaAfroMan

It actually is somewhere around 200 full lines of text. I think, took about 7 hours of straight typing last night and 3ish hours of editing today.

Guest MyLittleHellhound

It actually is somewhere around 200 full lines of text. I think, took about 7 hours of straight typing last night and 3ish hours of editing today.

HOW YOU HAVE TIME FOR WORK!!!!!????

Guest Doggy II

Hello, I am MegaAfroMan, and I have been a very proud member here at CoDz for a little while now, and I was recently greeting one of the many new users we receive, and trying to point out areas of the forum, and some particular threads of interest, and the thought just occurred to me; what if I were to make a thread which was updated every so often, which contained a brief overview of the site and its features, and pointed out some particularly great threads (I am not sure what criteria I would use for this yet, however one that immediately comes to mind is Eye's MZG) and even explained the purpose of brains and zombification and the powers and status of mods and other such little bits and rolled it into one thread which I would like to title the C.O.D.Z. User Manual.

I am asking you, my fellow members here at CoDz, if such a thing exists, if it does not exist then would it be worth having (thinking more for newer members than perhaps the older ones), and if so what thread it would have to be posted in. I also would not mind suggestions as for what would go into it, like questions that people make commonly have ie: what exactly are brains? or certain threads I should point out? Any feedback would be appreciated! Until then I will start scouring the site and begin making a rough draft!

Sincerly,

MegaAfroMan

Hey man, don't forget about Team Wunder Waffes and Team Grim Reapers when writing the manual. I feel that both those teams make a big part here in CODZ, so why not add them to the manual so when other people look at it, they know whats going out.

- Emperor DOggy I

Guest MegaAfroMan

Hey man, don't forget about Team Wunder Waffes and Team Grim Reapers when writing the manual. I feel that both those teams make a big part here in CODZ, so why not add them to the manual so when other people look at it, they know whats going out.

- Emperor Doggy I

Don't worry, you guys are mentioned in the Teammate Finder Section. I do not go in depth really, but I am sure those who are curious enough will check out your threads.

Guest Doggy II

- Emperor Doggy I

Don't worry, you guys are mentioned in the Teammate Finder Section. I do not go in depth really, but I am sure those who are curious enough will check out your threads.

kthx

Guest MegaAfroMan

I am now adding pictures to the guide. A last minute decision that I think will really make it look better, besides, Covert must not be coming on anymore tonight so I need something to do until he okays it.

Guest MegaAfroMan

After roughly 7 hours of typing yesterday, and at least 5 total hours of editing today my guide is finished and should be posted by morning. Enjoy my first major thread.

It will be in Site News titled "CoDz User Manual"

Guest MegaAfroMan

The CoDz User's Manual is now complete and can be found stickied in the site news section. I also added a link in my signature. It has been roughly 48 hours since it started from an idea and after a lot of work, it is now a reality. Enjoy!