A weird theory I came up with

Hello here, I am pretty new here, so if someone can help me around here it would be much appreciated. So, despite I am a total newbie, I am a dedicated zombie fan and I would like to discuss on something I found pretty weird:

(Before you read: I have no idea if anyone mentioned this theory before, but if so can you send me a link thanks)

Ok, so I was hoping that everyone here understand the Grandpa paradox theory. No? Ok fine let me explain to you in brief.

Pretty much Grandfather paradox states that if a time traveler went back in time to kill his own grandfather, and if the time traveler succeeded then he would never been born, thus never went back in time, then his grandfather would be still alive, then the time traveler would've been alive, then he would've gone back in time to kill his grandfather. According to my interpretation, it would create a whole new timeline where the grandfather was dead, and so on (sorry for my lack of research)

Ok, so here goes my theory: So if Call of the Dead took place sometimes in the modern day (exact date does not matter) , the crews were tasked to set free the original four characters (the easter egg) , then at the end of the easter egg teleported them to Shangri-La, where they go on to complete their zombie-slaying quest to the moon, and proceed to blow up Earth. But have anyone wondered when moon took place? I believe, judging from the uniforms of the Military Polices zombies located in Area 51, I believe it took place in the 1960s. So in the timeline, they blew up the Earth around the 1960s, thus implying that Earth would never existed after the 1960s, which means the crews in Call of the Dead would never been born and the events in Call of the Dead would've never took place, which means the crews would've never gotten out of that little room, and they would've never go up the moon and blew up the Earth, then the Earth would be intact, and then the crews from Call of the Dead would've been born, then they would've freed the original four characters, and so on...I believe Treyarch left this little thing right here so we can bend our minds around.

Discuss if you will, comment and criticize if you must, thank you for taking your time to read this. -Leoguy115

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zombieofthedead

It's a big possibility, it could go either way, though.

Also, welcome to the forums. For this theory, I'll give you [brains] (Basically reputation). If you have any other questions, just ask.

Guest MegaAfroMan

First of all, welcome to the site, enjoy your very first brains! Not just for being new, I do not usually do that, but because this is actually a nice theory you posted, and I think it is interesting, I am not sure if anyone actually ever analyzed the MP uniforms for a reference. This is a great idea! I hope more people read this. It may not answer any profound questions but it definitely is important nonetheless! Congratulations! If you ever need any help or have questions about anything here just send me a message or message anyone with a cool colored user name!

ahh god, this stuff makes my head hurt lol, why did 3arc have to add in time travel :(

but as for your theroy it is a nice idea but what is to say that moon doesnt happen in present time and the time travel from area51 to the moon, or the guys with the uniform could have died a long time ago and as they are zombies never changed uniform?

but i believe a user called tactical insertion (not sure if hes around anymore) and another guy where disscussing this idea, meaby they could help you.

and if you need help with anything else that does not include time travel or paradoxes i would love too help :D

Guest Ehjookayted

This is probably one of the best first posts I've ever seen on this site. Your theory is awesome, and it makes complete and clear sense. Lots of truth discussion to be had here! Stop by the Introductions section so we can all meet you properly. :D

Guest leoguy115

but as for your theroy it is a nice idea but what is to say that moon doesnt happen in present time and the time travel from area51 to the moon, or the guys with the uniform could have died a long time ago and as they are zombies never changed uniform?

Well the MP zombies would've rotted out completely...that's my guess, and also I was looking more into the timeline and theories from the other users (especially those with pretty and colorful usernames :lol: ). Also thanks guys I mean wow I never expected that much welcome from you guys and thanks to you I finally understand how brains works :)

Guest gabbehhh

First off, welcome to the site, it is definitely a great first post 8-) And I'm sure you'll continue to contribute greatly to our friendly CoDz community :D

I love your theory! I'm a little slow so some parts I had to re-read :lol:

I have a question though.

So you think that in the next "season" of zombies, we'll go back in time and have a complete turn of events? It wouldn't be surprising, really, since we all know how treyarch can be d:

But would that then place Samantha and our beloved, crazy Richtofen back in their original bodies?

Guest darkjolteon

A great first theory, that anyone would be proud of. I say definately look into it some more, and follow it up because if you can bring enough information in, you could become a legend!

Remember, Treyarch monitor these forums, and sometimes even take the odd idea here and there, so you never know, you could have just given Treyarch an idea for a future map :shock:

Also, big welcome to the Forum!

-Jolteon

Well the MP zombies would've rotted out completely...that's my guess, and also I was looking more into the timeline and theories from the other users (especially those with pretty and colorful usernames :lol: ). Also thanks guys I mean wow I never expected that much welcome from you guys and thanks to you I finally understand how brains works :)

yea i suppose there a limit on how long they would last lol

but it would be great to get a date on moon

Guest leoguy115

First off, welcome to the site, it is definitely a great first post 8-) And I'm sure you'll continue to contribute greatly to our friendly CoDz community :D

I love your theory! I'm a little slow so some parts I had to re-read :lol:

I have a question though.

So you think that in the next "season" of zombies, we'll go back in time and have a complete turn of events? It wouldn't be surprising, really, since we all know how treyarch can be d:

But would that then place Samantha and our beloved, crazy Richtofen back in their original bodies?

Well, I have been doing some thinking about Treyarch's next big step with zombies as well, and I believe that I've seen someone mentioned about the result of Grandfather's paradox: A possible universe would've been created which the Grandfather would not exists in. While it might be a vague answer as I forgot most of the details and I cannot find that post (please help me find it please), I believe that the by making this paradox, another universe was created- where the Earth stays permanently destroyed( :?: ) and since it's different from our universe now it would've mean that Treyarch can do whatever they want with the storyline, without the limits bound by our own history, which might can explain the "second" earth everyone was discussing about (Our Earth in our universe). But anyway this is my guess I don't think it makes sense but I will try to compile and organize my ideas into a post sooner or later, and personally I found your idea interesting, going back in time and have complete change of events, and maybe this time they are going back to set thing back to how our "original" history goes... :lol:

Oh and I don't think Ed and Sam are going to switch bodies soon, and I found Samantha quite amusing :)

Guest gabbehhh

is this the thread you speak of?

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=18349

And I think what you're saying makes perfect sense. I guess we'll just have to wait. "Only time will tell what new questions await us in this Forum of the Damned!" :lol: And Samantha is quite amusing, she talks a lot too 8-) I'm sure whatever they have in store for us is going to be amazing and is probably going to leave us with even more unanswered questions :? but we love being curious and making assumptions and theories so it's all good ;)

Guest aegisknight

I use the Grandfather paradox theory as a supporting argument here:

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=18931

where I assert that the earth wasn't destroyed at all, just burst of 115 by Maxis to further his agenda.

I think that Black Ops ends with Richtofen's grand scheme, but there is no way the explosion was his idea. Richtofen's grand scheme ended with the Cryogenic Slumber Party (says so in the achievements)

I believe the explosion is the first step in Maxis's Grand Scheme, which will be the focus of Black Ops 2

Guest leoguy115

I use the Grandfather paradox theory as a supporting argument here:

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=18931

where I assert that the earth wasn't destroyed at all, just burst of 115 by Maxis to further his agenda.

I think that Black Ops ends with Richtofen's grand scheme, but there is no way the explosion was his idea. Richtofen's grand scheme ended with the Cryogenic Slumber Party (says so in the achievements)

I believe the explosion is the first step in Maxis's Grand Scheme, which will be the focus of Black Ops 2

A great theory indeed...so if the fact that Earth was not destroyed was true, then the new burst of 115 condensed sround the atmosphere of Earth can alter all organisms that contacts it...mutated plants, animal , new batch of human zombies under Maxis control? A possible theory.

I also highly doubt Richtofen's grand scheme ends with the Cryogenic Slumber Party...he's too much of a mad genuis for that :lol: maybe a zombie war raged between Maxis and Richtofen? A ulitimate quest for the four to fight for the survival of human race(or what was left of it?) I just come up with a another take on the possible future of zombie, so we'll see...

Guest TroubledTurkey

I really like this theory you have. [brains] (First I have ever given, might I add)

JUst oooone thing....

judging from the uniforms of the Military Polices zombies located in Area 51, I believe it took place in the 1960s. So in the timeline, they blew up the Earth around the 1960s, thus implying that Earth would never existed after the 1960s

This could easily be due to laziness. The MP models of the zombies in Area 51 are the same as the MP zombies in FIVE. 3Arc could have (and probobly did) just re-used the models from FIVE for the American MP zombies in Area 51.

Guest aegisknight

that does not mean it is laziness. They developed zombie models for the other Moon zombies, and they aren't really known for missing details like that.

I also highly doubt Richtofen's grand scheme ends with the Cryogenic Slumber Party...he's too much of a mad genuis for that maybe a zombie war raged between Maxis and Richtofen? A ulitimate quest for the four to fight for the survival of human race(or what was left of it?) I just come up with a another take on the possible future of zombie, so we'll see...

Perhaps, but the EE is called Richtofen's Grand Scheme, which is what you get after the completion of Cryogenic Slumber Party. The second half of the EE isn't Richtofen
Guest TroubledTurkey

that does not mean it is laziness. They developed zombie models for the other Moon zombies, and they aren't really known for missing details like that.

I also highly doubt Richtofen's grand scheme ends with the Cryogenic Slumber Party...he's too much of a mad genuis for that maybe a zombie war raged between Maxis and Richtofen? A ulitimate quest for the four to fight for the survival of human race(or what was left of it?) I just come up with a another take on the possible future of zombie, so we'll see...

Perhaps, but the EE is called Richtofen's Grand Scheme, which is what you get after the completion of Cryogenic Slumber Party. The second half of the EE isn't Richtofen

Perhaps Laziness wasnt the best word, but the models were definately re-used. Though even if they were, They could have just fit in to the intended timeline described in the theory here.

(Just feeding my habit of pointing out the obvious lol)

Guest leoguy115

Well certainly laziness might be a possibility, but a pretty small one I might add. Treyarch came up with contents for every map, each with its distinct look, details, and etc(also mind you that the zombies from different maps before moon, like Shangri-La and Ascension, each zombies came with its unique looks, so what's the point of re-using the models from Five? There's gotta be reasons). Also I have to mind you that the banner in the hanger on Area 51, "welcome to Groom Lake" was well written in a type of characters familiars to the 1960s era. But of course i wouldn't make any assumption based on small details like this, this is merely a theory I came up with, anything is possible and the exact time and date when Moon takes place would still remain a mystery, at least for now.