New breakthrough in SNN location! [UPDATE]

I have quite interesting piece of information for you. We haven't been sure about the location of Shi No Numa.

All we know is that its located in some Pacific Island. But now it all might change!

Kookaburra:

Looking trough the sound files of the classic maps in Black Ops (that cjdog23 provided **Click HERE to give him brains!**) in the Shi No Numa sound files there was 2 sounds that will give us point on real location of the Shi No Numa!

They were:

Kookaburra_00 and Kookaburra_01 and they played birds singing.

Kookaburra is a bird that lives in Austrailia and New Guinea.

300px-Dacelo_novaeguineae_waterworks.jpg

So we can draw conclusion that Shi No Numa is located in New Guinea!

And Japanese had been in New Guinea:

Fighting between Allied and Japanese forces commenced with the Japanese assault on Rabaul on 23 January 1942. Rabaul became the forward base for the Japanese campaigns in mainland New Guinea, including the pivotal Kokoda Track campaign of July 1942–January 1943, and the Battle of Buna-Gona. Fighting in some parts of New Guinea continued until the war ended in August 1945.

General Douglas MacArthur as Supreme Commander in the South West Pacific Area, led the Allied forces. MacArthur was based in Melbourne, Brisbane and Manila. The Japanese 8th Area Army, under General Hitoshi Imamura, was responsible for both the New Guinea and Solomon Islands campaigns. Imamura was based at Rabaul. The Japanese 18th Army, under Lieutenant General Hataz? Adachi, was responsible for Japanese operations on mainland New Guinea.

'

Quoted from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Guinea_campaign

Plantation:

Nymphaea:

A021242759988D0917325AE6F6D040A3F5A17965

New Guinea has Nymphea plantation.

Swamp trees:

_swampl.jpg

New Guinea's swamp and trees.

ED2082B12816CB9EF782D756D5D6FD8400112D8A

Shi No Numa trees.

Ferns:

davallia.jpg

New Guinea has a lot of different ferns.

06DB9C189608E5ED15DD5DFF423271502D6E01F1

Rice:

papua_0039.jpg

Rice is grown also in New Guinea.

88A92D1C1FCDA4F46BF98AD4AB3B2B54AB8142AA

Buildings:

795px-Picturesque_New_Guinea_Plate_XXXIII_-_Kerepunu_Women_at_the_Market_Place_of_Kalo.jpg

220px-PSM_V52_D029_A_marea_in_pinupaka.jpg

They look a lot like the SNN building.

Japanese empire in WW2:

hist_us_20_ww2_map_jap_empire_1942.gif

Discuss! 8-)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zombieofthedead

That contradicts the quote that Tak and Richtofen make about the 115 rocks

I've found another rock, maybe they stole this from Japan.

I suppose they could be referring to the military and not Japan itself though... That leaves us with 2 possibilities then.

Guest Matuzz

I suppose they could be referring to the military and not Japan itself though... That leaves us with 2 possibilities then.

I think they are referring to the Japanese military because I would believe 3arc but this exact bird in the map on purpose.

It lives in small region and has this extremely distinctive voice.

Guest Zombieofthedead

Alright, then we might be able to find out what was going on there. Someone needs to research what the Japanese did on New Guinea and quick!

Guest Matuzz

Alright, then we might be able to find out what was going on there. Someone needs to research what the Japanese did on New Guinea and quick!

I'm on it :D

Guest Matuzz

Here is the only meteorite I could find on New Guinea ;)

Dyarrl Island, January 31, 1933, Papua New Guinea, New Ireland, Mesosiderite

And what Mesosiderite really is:

Mesosiderites are a class of stony–iron meteorites consisting of about equal parts of metallic nickel-iron and silicate. They are breccias with an irregular texture; silicates and metal occur often in lumps or pebbles as well as in fine-grained intergrowths. The silicate part contains olivine, pyroxenes, and Ca-rich feldspar and is similar in composition to eucrites and diogenites.

They are a rare type of meteorite; as of June 2011 only 167 are known (of which 51 come from Antarctica) and only 7 of these are observed falls. On the other hand, some mesosiderites are among the largest meteorites known.

Guest darkjolteon

1933 huh? Do we have a date for Shi No Numa yet? (sorry if i'm being stupid here, I genuinely dont know). If not then we may have just found a plausible time frame for it to be set!

Great find!

Guest Matuzz

1933 huh? Do we have a date for Shi No Numa yet? (sorry if i'm being stupid here, I genuinely dont know). If not then we may have just found a plausible time frame for it to be set!

Great find!

No we don't have date for Shi No Numa.... yet :D

Guest Zombieofthedead

Great find!

Do you mean when the outbreak happened or when the crew was there?

If for the crew, sometime after October 1st 1945, otherwise we have no clue.

Guest Matuzz

Want to note also that I believe Shi No Numa was school before it was taken by the Japanese and later by Group 935.

Because there was also sound file called singing_00 and it played a song sang by small kids...

I don't know the language but would guess if its in New Guinea it would be some native kids.

Guest Zombieofthedead

Want to note also that I believe Shi No Numa was school before it was taken by the Japanese and later by Group 935.

Because there was also sound file called singing_00 and it played a song sang by small kids...

I don't know the language but would guess if its in New Guinea it would be some native kids.

.... In the middle of the jungle? I don't think so. If so, Shangri La and Der Riese were also once schools because there is singing.

In all honesty, I think it's just supposed to make things seem a bit creepy.

Guest Matuzz

.... In the middle of the jungle? I don't think so. If so, Shangri La and Der Riese were also once schools because there is singing.

In all honesty, I think it's just supposed to make things seem a bit creepy.

Hmm might be, also here is some old Papua New Guinea buildings:

795px-Picturesque_New_Guinea_Plate_XXXIII_-_Kerepunu_Women_at_the_Market_Place_of_Kalo.jpg

220px-PSM_V52_D029_A_marea_in_pinupaka.jpg

Kinda like the SNN building thought it was more "advanced"

Guest darkjolteon

Great find!

Do you mean when the outbreak happened or when the crew was there?

If for the crew, sometime after October 1st 1945, otherwise we have no clue.

Yeah, I meant the outbreak. Obviously the map takes place after 1933 xD

However, as we all know Peter had been at Shi No Numa for a while before our heroes, so perhaps the outbreak was in 1933? This could be a breakthrough find, well done Matuzz!

Guest MurderMachineX

Yes, but I'm inclined to agree with the OP more than this. New Guinea IS Japan to Tank, just like Alaska is the United States to us. Whoever the national owner of the land makes the land considered to be theirs. If I said I went to America, even if it is Hawaii, I'd still have been to America. Same concept could apply here.

Nice find, btw :)

Guest killallzombies

you know,i just downloaded that file (cjdog's) and was about to listen to it after i read this thread

did the singing sound like this

(you might have to skip a little)

if so,i've already made a post

i have never heard a kookaburra on snn. It has a really distintive sound that could not be mistaken for any other kkind of bird.... Can someone link the sound file??? I keen on hearing it

Guest cjdog23

i have never heard a kookaburra on snn. It has a really distintive sound that could not be mistaken for any other kkind of bird.... Can someone link the sound file??? I keen on hearing it

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MYGZJXO4

it keeps telling me that the ziped file is invalid

just downloaded/extracted fine using windows stock zip extractor

Guest Matuzz

you know,i just downloaded that file (cjdog's) and was about to listen to it after i read this thread

did the singing sound like this

(you might have to skip a little)

if so,i've already made a post

No it wasn't that one.

Guest Matuzz

But there is also a "Hyena" soundfile, do those exist in any areas that are also inhabited with kookaburra?

Nope.

I'm still trying to connect it to Shi No Numa. I think its just another hint to Harvey Yena.

And if we can connect that Harvey Yena was there it could be another break trough in Shi No Numa mysteries.