Flopper=Most important perk storywise?(confirmed)

BlindBusDrivr

Everybody has always thought of flopper just as an interesting perk and a way to keep the M&S and Ray Gun from downing in really stupid ways.

But in the story of Ascension, it may have a much more important role.

So in Ascension, in part of it from Yuri's radios he talked about 'blasting primates into the atmosphere', this as we all know, or should, is him talking about how they were using a special Soyuz rocket series as the platform for taking their space monkeys and landing them on the moon to bring back 115 rocks so that they could create the Gersch Device. This was the Ascension groups task. After Ascension went to hell they fled to another branch of the Russian Space Program as seen on 'Executive Order' in the campaign.

ScreenShot2012-01-06at102357AM.png

But that's another story, were talking about those cute little zombie monkeys that take your damn perks.

So what do we know that Flopper does?

1. You are not hurt by falling(impact/forces)

2. Cannot be hurt by explosives(heat resistant)

3. You create an explosive on impact(channels energy outward instead of through you or straight down)

Now, this may solve the mystery why the landers don't have a top on them:

Due to Flopper, the Monkeys can survive re-entry to the atmosphere! They just need the lander as a propulsion device! They can't just jump over a million millions pulled between Earth and the Moon's gravity. So that's the landers purpose, the monkeys just free fall from there.

With Flopper they can

1. survive the massive heat from the speed of re-entry.

2. They can survive falling from the edge of the Earth's atmosphere.

3. They made that cool explosion when they hit 8-) (personally this one was added for just gameplay reasons, but may have another purpose)

So basically, PhD Flopper, is the amazing 'tool' which the Russians used to allow the monkeys to go to the moon and back with the least tools possible. Monkeys are lighter than humans. Can be trained easily. They are smaller. Like Rebirth they get their monkeys cheap from the Russian Zoos. Monkeys are more expendable. The rocket can have a smaller fairing. The lander is smaller and uses less fuel. ETC.

Here's how this works.

1. The monkeys are bought from the Russian zoo and shipped to Ascension facility.

2. They are trained for their task.

3. They are loaded into the rocket with their equipment.

4. Rocket launches them into space.

5. 2nd/3rd stage ignition takes them into moons gravital pull.

6. The lander is used to slow their landing on the moon, so it doesn't destroy itself, now it can't drink DR.Flopper and be fine now can it?

7. The pick up the 115 rocks, monkeys are attracted to shiny objects anyways I believe, or is that birds....

8. They load them up the landers storage back.

9. It powers up and rockets them out into Earth's atmosphere.

10. They jettison themselves from the lander and splash to the earth. Ready to be used again.

11. The lander's pieces are scavenged and the rockets are taken from them.

*the probably landed crashed outside of ascension where all those rocket piece are

12. They use the recovered 115 to work on Gersch Device experiments and then the monkeys go on another mission.

It's messy, but hey, it works.

Why the landers don't go very far at all on Ascension before refueling, is likely because they are just test models, use cheap fuel, and gameplay reasons.

This also explains another thing, THIS: ScreenShot2012-01-06at105925AM.png

These monkeys could have crash landed somewhere. Something tells physics don't apply to well in shangri la because the fact that a meteor the with a diameter taller than the man falling from space only breaking part of a temples structure...so yeah, let's disregard that part.

So these monkeys, miscoordinated their landing and ended up here. Since they were infused with the Flopper, they survived it and tried to scavenge bits for their lander. Perhaps this is why the want you power ups and take off after it is stolen. very strange, perhaps this shows power ups hold more than we thought.

So a lot of questions answered, and a lot more opened.

Let's give a hand to the epic PHD FLOPPER

BoneShaker.jpg

UPDATE:

ascensiondetails.jpg

I can't find a picture at the moment, but the monkeys actually flop! When they do that jump that stuns you, they are actually using the flopper to create a shockwave to stun you.

So it's basically confirmed, the monkeys at Ascension were given PhD Flopper for their flights.

hope you guys enjoyed and had somethings answered :D

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Brains to you man. I love your theories as always.

Thanks man :)

I started with the whole Flopper idea, and as I was writing it all the rest just came to me. It makes ya' wonder about the origins of the other perks as well.

Guest way2g00

Flopper is one of my favorite perks and being a mustang and sally fan I always wondered about this kinda stuff. It all makes sense now. Flopping makes the game so much fun..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aegisknight

I started with the whole Flopper idea, and as I was writing it all the rest just came to me. It makes ya' wonder about the origins of the other perks as well.

This one's tricky. We know they are chemically infused beverages, and have some idea of what they are intended for. Juggernog is to make super soldiers, and speed cola speeds them up. This shows what flopper is meant for, and we can assume Mule Kick just gives the character the strength to move around with another gun shoved up their butt (you don't see anything strapped to their back, do you?). I believe all of these are still in the testing stages, which is why they are only found in some places (Juggernog wanted to make soldiers invincible, Speed Cola speed up more than the hands, the monkeys are using an advanced formula of flopper that doesn't require them to dive from a hieght, mule kick was probably supposed to imbune enough strength to carry a ray gun, wave gun, and wunderwaffe)

The biggest question I have is how the hell Double Tap and Deadshot work. The others make sense in the context of chemically altering a person, and quick revive to a certain extent as well (although it would make sense if the holder of quick revive got revived faster, not the other way around). But Double Tap and Deadshot affect the guns themselves, the fire rate and the spread. This never made sense to me.

Apart from flopper, I do not think the other perks have any storyline signficance because of this. All of the perks can be traced back to other perks from the game to a very strong extent, but Flopper has the greatest departure from anything traditional. It combines the "no fall damage" with an overpowered Flap Jacket, then adds on explosive damage as icing on the cake. I agree that it is the only perk with storyline significance because of its role with the Ascension monkeys.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

This one's tricky. We know they are chemically infused beverages, and have some idea of what they are intended for. Juggernog is to make super soldiers, and speed cola speeds them up. This shows what flopper is meant for, and we can assume Mule Kick just gives the character the strength to move around with another gun shoved up their butt (you don't see anything strapped to their back, do you?). I believe all of these are still in the testing stages, which is why they are only found in some places (Juggernog wanted to make soldiers invincible, Speed Cola speed up more than the hands, the monkeys are using an advanced formula of flopper that doesn't require them to dive from a hieght, mule kick was probably supposed to imbune enough strength to carry a ray gun, wave gun, and wunderwaffe)

The biggest question I have is how the hell Double Tap and Deadshot work. The others make sense in the context of chemically altering a person, and quick revive to a certain extent as well (although it would make sense if the holder of quick revive got revived faster, not the other way around). But Double Tap and Deadshot affect the guns themselves, the fire rate and the spread. This never made sense to me.

Apart from flopper, I do not think the other perks have any storyline signficance because of this. All of the perks can be traced back to other perks from the game to a very strong extent, but Flopper has the greatest departure from anything traditional. It combines the "no fall damage" with an overpowered Flap Jacket, then adds on explosive damage as icing on the cake. I agree that it is the only perk with storyline significance because of its role with the Ascension monkeys.

I've come to the conclusion that Double Tap and Deadshot are just for gameplay purposes. I don't see how anything you put in your body could possibly increase the speed of the firing mechanism of the weapon you are holding.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tankeo Dempsaki

[brains] [brains] [brains]

Wow...

If the monkeys wanted to take 115 from the moon, maybe they're taking the 115 from the perks?

(I'n pretty sure they have 115 in them)

Also, Deadshot might help their eyes and mental ability to hit the head...

• 2 weeks later...

I like the theory for the most part, however the only thing I disagree with is that they were sent to space "to bring back 115 rocks so that they could create the Gersch Device." Personally, I believe that the Ascension Group was not using 115, so I do not believe that they were sent to retrieve 115 rocks. Another thing is that it wasn't Ascension Group's task to do that, it may have been that particular division's task, but not Ascension Group as a whole. That is fact based on the fact that the Ascension Group was created for Steiner to continue his work with Nova 6 gas.

This is a very good thread, I do have issues with people saying things are "confirmed" even when it is basically just a theory, but I think you are right for the most part.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

I like the theory for the most part, however the only thing I disagree with is that they were sent to space "to bring back 115 rocks so that they could create the Gersch Device." Personally, I believe that the Ascension Group was not using 115, so I do not believe that they were sent to retrieve 115 rocks. Another thing is that it wasn't Ascension Group's task to do that, it may have been that particular division's task, but not Ascension Group as a whole. That is fact based on the fact that the Ascension Group was created for Steiner to continue his work with Nova 6 gas.

This is a very good thread, I do have issues with people saying things are "confirmed" even when it is basically just a theory, but I think you are right for the most part.

I think they were, Yuri found the diary in the radio and said he knew of what the element and project mercury were capable of.

and I know their only task wasn't the element, but the majority of the focus was for the gersch device.

And the confirmed was mostly for the monkeys using flopper part, since it's made clear by their attacks(they jump and create and explosion, just like with flopper)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FatedTitan

I have one problem with this. In Ascension, the monkeys land and have their space suits on. In Shangri-la, the monkeys look tribal, like they are wild monkeys. In other words, I do not believe that they accidentally landed in Shangri-la. Maybe they were there first and found their way to Ascension. Not sure. But I don't believe it was an accident or we'd see some space suits.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

I have one problem with this. In Ascension, the monkeys land and have their space suits on. In Shangri-la, the monkeys look tribal, like they are wild monkeys. In other words, I do not believe that they accidentally landed in Shangri-la. Maybe they were there first and found their way to Ascension. Not sure. But I don't believe it was an accident or we'd see some space suits.

well how do we know they didn't reproduce? Shangri la was at least 40 years later..

Guest Tankeo Dempsaki

well how do we know they didn't reproduce? Shangri la was at least 40 years later..

That right there is worth a thread of it's own. (can I make it please?) If the space monkeys bred, it makes sense that the monkeys could have evolved. (no glow in eyes, pointed fangs on lower jaw) So possibly, the Shang monkeys are Alive. meaning they aren't zombies, but living monkeys who have evolved the capacity to interact with Power-ups.

(of course, everything here depends on the possibility of zombies reproducing)

Guest BlindBusDrivr

That right there is worth a thread of it's own. (can I make it please?) If the space monkeys bred, it makes sense that the monkeys could have evolved. (no glow in eyes, pointed fangs on lower jaw) So possibly, the Shang monkeys are Alive. meaning they aren't zombies, but living monkeys who have evolved the capacity to interact with Power-ups.

(of course, everything here depends on the possibility of zombies reproducing)

be my guest. I'm going to be busy with hwk.

and maybe some of the shangri la ones didn't zombify, they flew off coarse before even reaching the moon.

Guest ASmoothCriminal

This thread seems far more like storytelling than analyzing evidence or theorizing with reasonable assumptions. Maybe that is the overall purpose of these threads; to tell a good story and not to take cautions when stating very precise details that seem merely imaginative rather than empirical.

I'm not totally against this approach and I think there is something to appreciate in the skill set you use to fabricate these ideas. So, [brains] to you for your work on this post.

• 2 weeks later...