Things I have noticed here recently

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MyLittleHellhound

Well, I see what you mean.

Obviously though, someone will read a theory then use that theory to make some foundation for their theory or they use that theory to counter another theory. If that makes sense.

People are just using it for their own.

I guess the right thing to do would be to credit the original person but I guess no one would bother with that.

The mods have enough on their hands as it is (i think...?)

They don't need to check every theory.

Just some thoughts,

MyLittleHellhound

Guest MixMasterNut

Seeing multiple youtubers directly take some my best works here, and then make youtube videos out of that info is getting really annoying, really fast. Makes me feel like I'm going to have to start producing a youtube video for every one of my theories before posting them here, just so I can keep ownership of my own ideas.

I mean, I post my discoveries, and theories here on codz to share with everyone. Helping people is a part of who I am. The info is there to freely subscribe to or not. And I wouldn't have been able to form any of my ideas without the help and knowledge lended to me from others to use as a base.

But please don't take my hard work and completely claim it as your own. I gladly accept shoutouts and citations from anyone who wants to borrow my theories in their own projects. It's just simple common courtesy.

Guest Azrael1030

Seeing multiple youtubers directly take some my best works here, and then make youtube videos out of that info is getting really annoying, really fast. Makes me feel like I'm going to have to start producing a youtube video for every one of my theories before posting them here, just so I can keep ownership of my own ideas.

I mean, I post my discoveries, and theories here on codz to share with everyone. Helping people is a part of who I am. The info is there to freely subscribe to or not. And I wouldn't have been able to form any of my ideas without the help and knowledge lended to me from others to use as a base.

But please don't take my hard work and completely claim it as your own. I gladly accept shoutouts and citations from anyone who wants to borrow my theories in their own projects. It's just simple common courtesy.

Full agreement. It's called stealing if you do not pass along the courtesy of telling who your sources are.

Guest ChopperNator

For me it's more the guides I am seeing although I have noticed it in theory posts. I've written 4 different Kino guides and have seen almost all of them rewritten with a minor twist.

Guest Shoreyo

Don't try to stop these guys, life is like that, let the one 5 year old who wants to impress his school friends do it, at least you know (and usually Treyarch as well seeing as they like this site :P will know) that you thought it up.

Annother point is that if you have thought of it, someone else probably has, most likely kept it to himself, or you never heard him. Happens all the time.

When I was helping at Gk nova I was voicing ideas that turned out to be true (maps set in American/Russian labs/stations referencing their work on Nazi wunderweapons (Five, ascension), maps referencing the space race (Moon, ascension), maps in Germany explaining what happened to 935.. (Kino) and that Treyarch would just draw maps from popular culture (shangri-la, cold war space race moon conspiracies, illuminati references)) yet people ignored/flamed me and when it turned out to be true they claimed they knew all along. :D Such is life.

Guest MixMasterNut

@Shoreyo - You're a victim of it too. I recently heard one of these '5 year olds' claim that he and his party were the first to find the Moon EE, and that you and your crew cheated. You used hacks or glitches or something to do it. :lol: Probably made him feel like the big kid in his little sandbox by saying that.

Edit *** Whoops! I somehow mistaked Shoreyo with Strwsbob :oops: :facepalm: ***

Guest i am richtofen

Well Mix that is the way the internet works I guess. But the sad part is you will probably have to make a youtube video every time you make a theory to keep ownership of it. It is sad you need to do that just claim ownership but the fact of the matter is it probably is the only way.

Guest Shoreyo

@Shoreyo - You're a victim of it too. I recently heard one of these '5 year olds' claim that he and his party were the first to find the Moon EE, and that you and your crew cheated. You used hacks or glitches or something to do it. :lol: Probably made him feel like the big kid in his little sandbox by saying that.

Edit *** Whoops! I somehow mistaked Shoreyo with Strwsbob :oops: :facepalm: ***

:lol: Nice! Must be the Ps3 ambassador title ^^

Btw it has happened to me as well, that's why I mentioned it, dudes going on about how they knew x before everyone else, after cutting me down for mentioning it :D

Worst one was the whole Ebola thing.. Can't even remember who said that it wasn't to do with zombies and more likely to do with the campaign... (the numbers). Massive flame wars over it resulting in the people who were wrong saying they thought up the numbers idea!

[brains]

Guest Rissole25

But since you posted it before they make a video of it Mix, don't you technically 'own' it? Well not own, but you came up with it before they did. The date you posted the thread or post would be enough proof if people realized he was stealing from you.

Guest MixMasterNut

But since you posted it before they make a video of it Mix, don't you technically 'own' it? Well not own, but you came up with it before they did. The date you posted the thread or post would be enough proof if people realized he was stealing from you.

When their Youtube videos are garnering 10x's more views than my threads, and the yt directors are getting all the "thank you's" in the comments for the info provided, then it's really hard to say I own those theories anymore. It's more like, I used to own them. People don't check back to my threads even if I do get cited for it.

Guest ChopperNator

When their Youtube videos are garnering 10x's more views than my threads, and the yt directors are getting all the "thank you's" in the comments for the info provided, then it's really hard to say I own those theories anymore. It's more like, I used to own them. People don't check back to my threads even if I do get cited for it.

I don't know exactly how youtube works and if people are bothered enough to try and help out with situations like this but with enough people complaining from this here board to youtube about plagiarized material, linking the original information could nothing be done. Surely if someone has more than 2,000 views per video they should receive a warning about instances such as this and be forced to remove the video or quote the original source. Especially if they are receiving monetary value from the videos.

What I've always liked about this community is a genuine feeling of community, as in people sticking together and helping/defending each other. Would be fantastic to see this en mass with tangible results.

Guest Ehjookayted

I'm hard at work with the last of the Master Zombies Guide right now. This is all completely original work and cannot be disputed! This work will hopefully redefine the way we strategize over zombies.

Guest ChopperNator

I'm hard at work with the last of the Master Zombies Guide right now. This is all completely original work and cannot be disputed! This work will hopefully redefine the way we strategize over zombies.

Hell to the yes!